[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vp/ I need your pokemon expertise, so, with new pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: pokemon_red_blue_main_169[1].jpg (211KB, 588x331px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_red_blue_main_169[1].jpg
211KB, 588x331px
Hey /vp/ I need your pokemon expertise, so, with new pokemon go game, and got addicted. When I was younger, I use to play red/blue, but with my religious freak of my mother (who is now a drug addict) she forced me to stop watching pokemon, and stop playing pokemon. Since then I stopped playing and lost interest.

But now I am an adult, and on my own so, I am wanting to play the games again. It seems more of the current games are on 3DS. so, I am wanting to know if this is the correct chronological order

>Pokémon red/blue (firered/leafgreen)
>Pokémon Gold/Silver
>Pokémon Crystal
>Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire
>Pokémon Emerald
>Pokémon Diamond/Pearl
>Pokémon Platinum
>Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver
>Pokémon Black/White
>Pokémon Black 2/White 2
>Pokémon X/Y
>Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

It seems that the are chronological order of when they were released. If I bought a 3DS would DS still work on them or no?
>>
>>28005374
Do this

>fire red/leaf grean
>hgss
>oras
>platinum
>bw
>bw2
>xy

best for most beginners while still having (kinda) good graphics
>>
That's the release order
You can play gen 1-3 on an emulator just fine, play one of those if you just want a nostalgia trip
If you're really trying to get back into the wave for sun and moon, grab OR or AS

Yes, a 3ds/2ds can play ds games (DP, Plat, HGSS)
>>
>>28005421
oh forgot to mention, no point of playing remakes like playing gold/silver then playing crystal
>>
If you bought a 3ds, DS games would work fine. However, the DS games are ridiculously expensive, so here's what I'd do.
>Get a 3ds with a firmware less than 11.0
>Learn to hack your 3ds: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
>Get a DS flashcart for less than 10 dollars (I'd recommend the DSTT cart), get Virtual Console injects of Generations 1-3, and pirate Gen 6
Boom. You've got the entirety of the Pokemon main line all on one machine.
>>
Emulate FRLG and Emerald
Emulate HGSS, Platinum, BW, and B2W2
Buy XY and wait for SM.
>>
>>28005448
don't listen to this guy, if money is a slight problem just buy an R4i gold card (http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149) and a microsd card, is only around 25$ compared to the 55$ pricetag of hgss, plus you get many more
>>
>>28005475
What's wrong with hacking the 3ds, anon?
Getting a hacked 3ds up and running on top of the DSTT cart will cost you less than 20 dollars in total if you get a 32 gb micro sd.
>>
>>28005421
Put ORAS after XY. It's the most recent game and it's too different from gens 4 and 5 to be played before them.
>>
>>28005508
you would have to buy a 2ds, o3ds or 3dsxl when newer games are gonna be coming out on the n3ds soon, also hacking right when you start playing isnt really a good idea...
>>
>FireRed/LeafGreen
>HeartGold/SoulSilver
>Platinum
>Black
>XY
Is a good order.

You don't need to play the Hoenn games because they are trash.
>>
>>28005554
>xy on list
>You don't need to play the Hoenn games because they are trash.

kys
>>
>>28005530
Are you retarded? You can hack a new 3ds also.
Also, what's wrong with hacking your 3ds when you get the machine? If anything it's more worth your while to do it since you don't have anything like streetpass data, mii data or save files to worry about.
You're extremely uninformed about this, anon.
>>
>>28005592
not gonna lie I am but its definitely not the right move to make when jumping in to pokemon
>>
> frlg
> Emerald
> plat
> hgss
> bw2
> xy

Best order I'd say. You can transfer pokemon forward too if you play on a real cart
>>
>>28005657
you can transfer either way dumbass
>>
>>28005641
>All of Pokemon gens 1-6
>All of the 3ds library
>All of the DS library
>All of the GBA library
>All of the GBC library
>All of the GB library
>All of the SNES library
>All of the NES library
I don't see why you shouldn't do this.
>>
I'm in a really similar situation OP, played red/blue when they first came out and got back into Pokemon recently as a nostalgia trip.

I'd recommend getting an emulator and playing FireRed/LeafGreen and then Emerald if you like that. I wouldn't bother playing anything newer than that though unless you want to be one of those old people who plays DS games.
>>
File: 6xd6WcZ.png (950KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
6xd6WcZ.png
950KB, 1600x900px
>>28005696
you can't play ds games yet tho...

anon now im afraid you dont know what ur talking about
>>
>>28005751
Not only did I already say he should get the DSTT flashcart, but even then this will be a reality soon anyway.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-mode-hacking-progress-thread.413015/page-76#post-6611168
>>
>>28005374
Yeah just get an r4i gold, hacking your 3ds is probably too complicated and literally you can play all gens except gen 1 using it and buying the 3ds games by doing this

>skip gen1
>hgss
>oras
>platinum
>bw
>bw2
>xy
25$ investment for 4 games, 80$ for oras and xy, if you really want to trip on nostalgia just search on youtube gba emulator and emulate firered/leafgreen

ps sorry for rambling
>>
File: 7R8HK5w.jpg (238KB, 600x452px) Image search: [Google]
7R8HK5w.jpg
238KB, 600x452px
>>28005782
yeah ik, dstt flashcart is shit if you are getting flashcart just get r4
>>
>>28005817
What makes an R4 better than the DSTT?
>>
File: 1469567733547.jpg (542KB, 650x950px) Image search: [Google]
1469567733547.jpg
542KB, 650x950px
>>28005853
everything, ease of use, support
>>
>>28005853
R4i 3DS RTS Gold is the recommend card of Gbatemp and 3dshacks.
>>
>>28005943
>ease of use
I'll give you that, but having to use a forwarder to get a flashcart running for 10 less dollars is worth it for me.
>support
I've been using the DSTT and haven't had a single game not be supported.
>>28005971
Actually, 3dshacks recommends the DSTT: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/wiki/faq
As for gbatemp, I wouldn't know. I don't use gbatemp when I don't need to. It's filled with underage begging for devs to make shit.
>>
File: 1469984145247.jpg (160KB, 500x478px) Image search: [Google]
1469984145247.jpg
160KB, 500x478px
>>28005999
gtfo reddit fag
>>
>>28006044
>linking reddit to prove an anon wrong makes me a redditfag
Sounds like you don't have an argument anymore.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.