[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't Pokemon figure out how to use potions, revives,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

Why can't Pokemon figure out how to use potions, revives, and other items on their own?

it's so easy a ten year old can do it
>>
>>28005321
No thumbs
>>
>>28005321

Anime isn't canon.
>>
>>28005321
Ok, so how do they buy them? they are poor as fucks, just like you OP
>>
>>28005321
I'm kind of hoping they add an ability that lets them use them, sort of. Like have a Full Restore activate like a pinch berry. Just so long as stuff like Revives don't work, it would be pretty cool.
>>
>>28005321
Pokemon need to be told what to do at any given moment in battle
They're not that smart
>>
>>28005426

Game mechanics =\= actual lore
>>
>>28005321
Because outside of the anime, potions are mainly used in combat, and having a cheap, easily gathered, high point healing item usable by Pokemon would upset combat balance
>>
They clearly don't have thumbs and that nigga's unconscious, man.
>>
>>28005321
Because Recycle anything@Max Revive is broken as all fuck
>>
>>28005378
Pokemon can't use the held items in game.
The explanation in the games is that they're too complex
>>
File: no_sign.png (15KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
no_sign.png
15KB, 1000x1000px
>>28005514

Game mechanics =/= actual lore.
>>
>>28005321
They probably actually reasonably can, but they're likely to waste or overuse them. If they're hurt, and they have the means to make themselves not hurt, the choice is pretty obvious, even if they're missing the equivalent of 20 HP and their held item restores 50.
>>
>>28005585
fuck off richard
>>
>>28005321
You name a pokemon with hands and you'll get your answer.

Can't do it, can ya?
>>
>>28005321
Because it would make berries utter trash and worthless and GF doesn't want that
>>
>>28005491
>using potions on fainted pokemon
they cant keep getting away with this
>>
Potions are described as man-made, so I assume they're chemical, and as such would give off unnatural scent/taste. Animals don't like to get chemicals on themselves and actively resist taking medicine or supplements unless a human they trust is coaxing them into it, so I would think that a wild Pokemon would get a whiff of potion and think "fuck, that ain't part of the forest, I'm out of here before it hurts me". Ever used a spray bottle or aerosol around a pet and had it freak the fuck out because something is hissing and spitting at them? Living in a world where many types of Pokemon can throw poison/sleep powder or stun spore at you, and then expecting a wild creature to innately understand the difference between dangerous attacking spray and beneficial healing spray is kinda ridiculous.
>>
I'm surprised there isn't an ability yet that allows a Pokemon to use man-made items in battle.
>>
File: 122.jpg (84KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
122.jpg
84KB, 500x500px
>>28007770

Even has opposable thumbs.
>>
>>28005321
>Why can't my dog figure out how to use a medicone on their own?
>it's so easy a ten year old can do it
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.