[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Invent a new battle facility that's not in Emerald

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
ITT: Invent a new battle facility that's not in Emerald or Platinum. Optionally, include the leader's title. I'll start.
>Battle Forest
Here you start by only being allowed to bring one Pokemon, and you're set in a maze like dungeon. The objective is to catch Pokemon and use them to progress through the floors, which are filled with trainers and wild Pokemon. Maybe Forest Sage ____ for the title?
>>
>Battle Gloryhole
You pick a random hole in the wall and suck off whatever pokemon is on the otherside. You proceed to use the Pokemon you sucked off to defeat the trainers of each floor, collecting a new Pokemon each time. At the end the Hole Queen will suck off random Pokemon to use against your random team.
>>
Years ago when Black and White just came out I made a really shitty Fakedex and came up with Gym Leaders and also 1 Frontier Brain. Theatre Lead Tenor of the Battle Theatre, where the gimmick is just that everyone has 3 of the same pokemon.

I never actually used any of the battle frontier facilities so that's probably why the idea is so dumb, besides all the ideas from that Fakedex being dumb.
>>
>>28004822
I like this idea, but I'ma try to expand on it.

The Battle Forest is similar to the old Safari Zone. You are sent in to the forest with a limited amount of time/steps and Pokeballs. You can catch up to about 5 Pokemon, but you'll have to pick only 3 of them to use in battle (you can swap out the Pokemon you brought in yourself too). After you've got the 3 you want to use, thats when the battles begin. Ater you defeat an opponent, you are given the choice to give up one of your Pokemon in exchange for the chance to catch one of theirs (you choose which one you wanna catch). You only have 3 Pokeballs to do so.

I guess this facility would have its own unique Pokeballs that would equate to Ultra Balls? Or would that make it too easy? Great Balls?
>>
Battle Ships
You get to pick one of 4 randomly generated surfing pokemon, and a total of 5 Sea Balls. You take your pokemon and surf around to 5 boats floating around an ocean area to get key shards. Each shard is blocked by another surf-learning pokemon that you could catch. once you bring all 5 key pieces to the main ship, the door will open and you get to battle Ship Captain Francis. He'll have the same number of pokemon as you, giving you a choice of catching more pokemon, but the captain has more; or sticking it out with just the starting one and hoping it's better than his.
>>
>>28005862
So it's like the battle factory with an extra step?
>>
Inverse battles deserve to have their own battle frontier facility. The mechanic would bring value to otherwise useless pokemon
>>
>>28005862
the switching is too similar to battle factory. Instead, have it been in sets of 7 or so, and at the end of each set you're given the opportunity to go into the forest and catch replacements.
So
>initial safari zone time
>pick 3 pokemon
>battle 7 trainers in 3v3 battles
>go back and catch more pokemon to replace etc.
>repeat until frontier brain
I also don't think you should be able to bring in any pokemon. Either have it be just like safari zone where you have bait/rocks, or have them give you a choice between 3 rental catching pokemon (like gallade, smeargle, and gengar) that have sets specifically focused on catching so even if you have the option to use them in battles it's not recommended because they wont really do shit
>>
>>28004822
Battle Grounds

Trainers proceed through many rooms that have random hazards and moves already activated before the match begins.

This can include weather moves, entry hazards, terrain moves or miscellaneous field moves like Fairy Lock, Gravity or Trick Room.
>>
File: 1292919369727.png (83KB, 495x550px) Image search: [Google]
1292919369727.png
83KB, 495x550px
Battle Maximum Security Prison

You volunteer in a rehabilitation program for all the old villains where they learn to love Pokemon again by battling you in a Little Cup tournament.
>>
>>28007033
Abomasnow in inverse battles sounds amazing.
>>
>>28004890
>>28007033
>>28008220
These sound great, would play.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.