[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it poorly written, is it betraying its own themes? Yeah.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: C_mosasaur.jpg (21KB, 308x215px) Image search: [Google]
C_mosasaur.jpg
21KB, 308x215px
Is it poorly written, is it betraying its own themes? Yeah.
And yeah tons of people are disliking the videos.

None of these are problems, this series isn't written for people who can register their own youtube accounts and hit the dislike button. It's not written for people who can make long analytical videos, it's written for children.

It's not like digimon, the show is only as deep as a child can wade and isn't built to progress permanently.

Is it underhanded and cynical? Sure, but it works, its doing what its supposed to do and I don't mind.
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 179x282px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 179x282px
Whatever you say man
>>
>>28003500
The issue here is that Greninja is a bit too popular with the kids in Japan. Kids may not be happy seeing their idol lose so easily.
>>
Saying "its written for children" is not a good excuse for poor writing in general

There's plenty of media for children nowadays that pushes the boundaries of what is possible. New ideas and challenging questions for both adults and kids.

Saying that its okay to shovel shit to children makes you a shill with no sense of wisdom.
>>
>>28003599
I know this, otherwise I wouldn't mention digimon.
The excuse isn't that its for kids, the excuse is that it's working and its safe
>>
>>28003588
It's actually not that popular over here with the kids. I teach elementary school level children, and all of them seem to like the phox evolution's the most. Greninja was forced by GF is my only guess.
>>
File: 1471309391683.jpg (101KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1471309391683.jpg
101KB, 600x800px
>>28003662
Digimon Tamers was probably my most loved anime when I was small. None of the other things on were as deep, pokemon included. My digimon show had death and a kid that had its digimon die on him (RIP Leomon).. also the ending was one of the most gut wrenching things I have ever experienced at the time in a show.
>>
>>28003599
Actually it is, why does a show has to please you if you arent the target market? you may dislike but kids will keep buying stuff, it may be the 6th lost league but there are for whom its the 2nd, and thats fair because they will keep rooting for ash, they will get bored of the anime eventually (cant blame them, that shit is linear and predictable as fuck, but whatever) and someday those kid's kids will watch ash losng the league for 30th time, but for them it will be the 1st or 2nd, thats how the cycle rolls, you are welcome to like it or not
>>
>>28003500
I want a mosasaur pokemon.
>>
>implying children can't and don't have YouTube accounts
>implying they can't dislike videos
>implying some can't be analytical
>implying the Digimon anime aren't for the same target audience, if not even more for kids as a pure toy commetcial rather than a family audience
>>
>>28004331
Tamers was developed specifically because the anime team was sick of toy commercials
And I'm talking about really young children here.
As in not being able to turn the episodes on themselves young.
>>
File: 57437754745.png (201KB, 306x395px) Image search: [Google]
57437754745.png
201KB, 306x395px
>>28004331
at least digimon change the MC every season instead of stucking with a character that is as developed as half-life 3, hell, digimon even change the rules of the digiworld every season, thats how you write a plot, but tbf pokemon isnt trying to write a plot, they are trying to stuff kid's eyes with their merchandise, and they do that pretty well
>>
>>28004331
Because death and child abuseis a regular topic brought to the forefront of pokemon right? Because the human characters are more important than the mons in pokemon right?
>>
>>28004005
It's literally got first place in a landslide for most popular Pokemon in Japan
>>
>>28004170
Why should a show appeal to everyone. Yeah it can focus on one main demographic, but making it more open to everyone is why we fucking have Pikachu as our mascot
>>
Why do you think the Pokémon anime is worth being discussed?
60,000 dislikes isn't even a lot, didn't that Metroid game get even more? The anime is fucking irrelevant.
Let the braindead retards over at /padt/ wallow in their own shitposts.
>>
>>28004486
OP here, this is my point. The show not trying to appeal to everyone is allowing it success.
Digimon was written well, but did it survive in the west?
>>
>>28003500
How do people ducking thing /padt/ was responsible for a majority of those dislikes. If I'm being generous, they have 1000 users max
>>
>>28004529
I want to know what makes them "wallow"
>>
>>28004559
Fuck I didn't mean to but why shoudn't

See >>28004421 's reaction image that's a kids show loved by adults. Opening demographics is not a bad thing. People want to maximize profits, not limit them.

Digimon called in the west because it was marketed exclusively to boys faggot
>>
>>28004583
fuck no, they are like 40 at max, they just samefag over and over again to trick the mods into keeping their shitty general alive, they are sad wastes of oxygen and their so called "raid" was an autistic samefag doing over 1000 fake YT accounts to start the dislike snowball
>>
>>28004664
Wow man you sound a bit angry
>>
>>28004664
Honestly surprised theres more than 15 unique people who go there regularly.
I think some of them take on characters.
>>
File: 1471746557179.jpg (68KB, 774x877px) Image search: [Google]
1471746557179.jpg
68KB, 774x877px
>>28004694
not angry but dissapointed, that general is clearly a /trash/ tier thread but apparently its ok because its pokemon related, see, thats the reason why there are shitty heliolisk shitposters and another waifu thread for the 300000000000th time
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.