/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hurrr, well you can't hate Pallossand because X Exists...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 18

File: Sandcastle-Pokemon-2.png (167KB, 686x495px) Image search: [Google]
Sandcastle-Pokemon-2.png
167KB, 686x495px
>Hurrr, well you can't hate Pallossand because X Exists...

STOP! THIS ENDS NOW.

Stop fucking irrationally throwing other pokemon under the bus to defend this lazy fucking pile of dirt!

>B-B--BUT VOLTORB!

it's a chest mimic. One of very few pokemon whose design actually affects gameplay!

>B-B--BBUT MUK!

It's a slime monster, one of the most obligatory JRPG tropes of all time. Is there a sandcastle JRPG trope? No? THEN STOP USING MUK AS YOUR SCAPE GOAT.

>W-W-WEELLL YOU CAN'T HATE PALLOSSAND CUZ VANILLUXE!

Not literally ice cream, it's an icicle cleverly designed to look like an ice cream cone

>IT'S LITERALLY NO WORSE THAN OTHER GHOSTS!

At least other inanimate object ghosts make sense with ghost themeing. Either haunted mansions, or pumpkins, etc. How many iconic ghost stories have tropical settings? None? THEN STOP BEING DUMB

Pallossand is literally the worst, stupidest, laziest, and most offensive "thing with eyes glued on." It's okay if you want to keep liking it, whatever that's your opinion, but just lazily posting "B--B-B-BUT MUK!" needs to end now.
>>
>>27991451
I like all of those designs.
>>
you really are autistic aren't you?
>>
People can hate whatever they want for whatever reasons, pussy
>>
>>27991507

I didn't say they couldn't, but just lazily going "PALLOSAND IS JUST AS BAD AS MUK!" is really retarded if you are too simple minded to actually compare the justifications and reasoning behind Muk.

"BUT THEY'RE KIND OF SIMILAR, SO THEY'RE BOTH BAD. IN FACT MUK IS WORSE!"

No
>>
>>27991451
>sand monsters are not classic jrpg tropes
>haunted castles are not classic jrpg tropes
>>
I hope the talking potato-nosed pony had a bigger impact on this board when it got announced
>>
>>27991552
>sand monsters are not classic jrpg tropes

Name like, 5

Otherwise, sandcastles are not fucking castles. They literally put eyes on a pile of sand.
>>
Personally, I feel like these designs are incredible well developed and are integrated into the storyline for Alola.

Sandygast specifically calls out to me because of the rite of passage aspect involving putting your hand into the soul sucking black hole that is its mouth. It's integrated into the region's culture and has a decent design.

Would I ever use it? Nah, the ability is borked because few pokemon use physical water type moves, but hey, if you look at it without comparing it to other, better pokemon, it's really not bad at all. This gen seems to be one of the best designed gens so far. I'm really excited
>>
>Haunted castle
"We're in fucking hawaii let's make it tropical
>Haunted *sand*castle

>Not literally a sandcastle, it's a ghost disguised as a sandcastle to lure people.
>>
>same OP spamming the same threads

I can't wait til you use Sandghost and love it
>>
>caps

Calm them tourettes
>>
I feel we should give a name to this new autist got any ideas?
>>
>>27991636

I only use fire types
>>
File: 7a2.png (176KB, 584x463px) Image search: [Google]
7a2.png
176KB, 584x463px
>>27991451
>Voltorb is a chest mimic therefore it's good!
>Foongus does the whole chest mimic thing better without being a literal Poke Ball with eyes
>>
>>27991451
>Stop fucking irrationally throwing other Pokemon under the bus
I'll at least agree with this.

>One of very few Pokemon whose design actually affects gameplay
Recent footage shows that the beach area has something like a quicksand. This can be assume to be Sandyghast/Palossand. In other words, it also affects gameplay.

> Is there a sandcastle JRPG trope?
No. But the haunted castle is a JRPG trope. Hell, Dracula's Castle in Castlevania is pretty much alive.

>it's an icicle cleverly designed to look like an ice cream cone
Not a Ghost type though. If it is, it'll be a literal ice cream.

>At least other inanimate object ghosts make sense with ghost themeing
>haunted mansions, ergo castle
Doesn't this goes against your point?
>>
Sounds like someone's got sand in their vagina.
>>
>>27991451
This.
>>
>>27991451
Literally no one cares about your opinions.
It isn't subjective and other people like it.
>>
>>27991685

And that's fucking fine, go ahead and criticize voltorb for being a bland chest monster, but don't pretend that voltorb and pallossand are on the same level, because one had a justification, and the other was "HAHAHA THERE'S SAND ON HAWAII! LET'S MAKE A SAND CASTLE POKEMON! GOOD IDEA, AND WE'LL MAKE IT GHOST BECAUSE SPOOKY SPIRITS!" "GENIUS! THAT'S ONE POKEMON CHECKED OFF THE QUOTA"
>>
>>27991451
I like the concept but not the execution. A sand monster on a place filled with beaches that shows up in the overworld is cool. It just looks kinda silly.

Prevo has a team spot though. He looks great.
>>
File: mudraker.png (44KB, 223x276px) Image search: [Google]
mudraker.png
44KB, 223x276px
>>27991451
>It's a slime monster, one of the most obligatory JRPG tropes of all time. Is there a sandcastle JRPG trope? No?

>What is a mudman?

And really, it fits in the general trope. You're taking issue with the shape and splitting hairs over it.
>>
Why does this autist have the need to make this thread every time.
We get it you dont like sandyghast and palossand now shut up
>>
>>27991451
>cleverly designed to look like an ice cream cone
Then Pallosand is a ghost cleverly designed to look like a sand castle.
>>
>>27991451
>Is there a sandcastle JRPG trope? No?
No, there's a "sand monster" trope though. They take various shapes as that is their power.

You're literally complaining about Ground Muk.
>>
>>27991728
Amen
>>
>>27991451
Island theme
Possibly a ship graveyard
Possibly finding these on the beach near it

It makes sense now, doesn't it?
>>
File: dudewhat.jpg (28KB, 277x274px) Image search: [Google]
dudewhat.jpg
28KB, 277x274px
>>27991451
You've got an interesting idea of what constitutes as "offensive," there.
>>
How about you calm down and just accept that you aren't going to like every idea every other person has
>>
File: sandygast.png (101KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
sandygast.png
101KB, 500x500px
>>27991451
>Generalizes peoples arguments defending why they like a pokemon
>Complaining about the general nature of his own generalizations

End this meme.

I don't care if other people dont like pokemon I like. I also don't care if other people like pokemon I dont like. Why do you care so much about other people OP? Specifically those you've never met and have no emotional ties to?

I like sandygast/pallosand a lot. It's a cute and fun design. They even gave it a thoughtful, unique and relatively unexpected typing and ability. It's literally a spooky sandcastle come to life! How can something so light-hearted and silly cause such aggressive and angry reactions?
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1362x1490px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1362x1490px
>>27991585
>>27991451
>>27991685
>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
>>27992026
>I like sandygast/pallosand a lot

Oh of course, here he comes, like a moth to a flame, the contrarian faggot. Nothing makes him hornier than immediately contradicting popular opinion with his fake and irrational tastes.

>OH I LOVE PALLOSSAND!
>WORMADAM IS MY POKEBRO!
>CHIMECHO IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE POKEMON!
>I OWN 1000 DOLLARS WORTH OF CASTFORM MERCH BECAUSE OF HOW AMAZING IT IS!

Said no one ever. Except for the piece of shit whose favorite part of a pokemon's design is how much of a special snowflake it makes him feel like due to how bad it is, and in an alternate universe where shitty designs were popular, the contrarian faggot would be first in line to crusade against the same shitty pokemon they claim to love.

You are the same person who claims that Sonic '06 is art. The same person who thinks Naruto's final arc was the best. The same person who claims that Batman V Superman is better than the Avengers.

This is the kind of drooling idiot that people see you as when you claim to like Palossand. Next time try and have some damn perspective
>>
Usually I make it a point to like every ghost design, but I can't seem to make myself like Pallosand. I don't hate it, I just don't like it much.

I like Sandygast a lot tho.
>>
Is this guy the next Goodrafag?
>>
File: Disgusting.jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Disgusting.jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
>>27991451

> Thinking that if tropes exist they are therefore acceptable to use
>>
Is this copypasta already?
>>
File: 1412027055209.png (100KB, 282x577px) Image search: [Google]
1412027055209.png
100KB, 282x577px
>>
>>27992061
No you got that wrong. Goodrafag loves Goodra. A more appropriate analogy would be anti-Greninjafag. Although this guy imo isn't no where as bad as Frogfucker.
>>
File: here we go.gif (2MB, 268x310px) Image search: [Google]
here we go.gif
2MB, 268x310px
>>27992043

Triggered again? /vp/ really is too easy.
Lets set the record straight shall we?

I think wormadam is forgettable at best.
Chimecho is one of my favorite gen 3 pokemon.
I own very little merch, but that includes Inkay, Drifloon, Whiscash and Shellos plushies.
I think all of sonic is stupid, and dont understand why it's still around.
I never finished watching Naruto because I got bored.
Both Batman V Superman and the Avengers look like shitty movies and I wouldnt waste the time watching them.

AND I like Palossand! Stay mad, anon!

alternatively, you could learn about subjectivity and how it relates to opinions and personal preferences
>>
>>27992211
anti-Greninjafag had little to say despite his verbosity though, hell he'd have entire tangents that had little to nothing to do with Greninja ifself. I wouldn't classify this as that.
>>
>>27991451
>At least other inanimate object ghosts make sense with ghost themeing. Either haunted mansions, or pumpkins, etc.
And this is a haunted castle. But a sand castle. Goes with the Hawaii theme. Get over it.
>>
>>27992061
I think it might be this gen's Klefki, where people shit on a inanimate object as a Pokemon. It seems like more people are on board for Palossand though, which is fine by me.
>>
>>27992043
Are you baiting or just this autistic?
>>
>>27991451
Stop making this thread OP. Nobody cares about you or your opinion.
>>
>>27992298
See >>27992022
This may be a copypasta, or it's the same anon.
I really want to believe it's the former.
>>
>>27992211
>>27992200
>>27992111
CHECK EM
>>
>>27991602
>Otherwise, sandcastles are not fucking castles.
I mean how the fuck do you make a monster mansion monster be a literal castle or house or mansion or whatever in the context of pokemon.
>>
>>27991451
>Not literally ice cream, it's an icicle cleverly designed to look like an ice cream cone
I mean... how is this "clever"? What makes it "clever"? You can think the idea is funny or cute and find it appealing in that way but it is not "creative" or "clever".
>>
File: pokemon-770x562-palossand.jpg (139KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-770x562-palossand.jpg
139KB, 770x562px
but it literally sucks the life force out of unsuspecting Pokemon. How much more badass can you be, Ghosty Sandcastle?
>>
File: 1471286795030.png (219KB, 500x547px) Image search: [Google]
1471286795030.png
219KB, 500x547px
>>27992677
Because he wants to find reasons to hate on Pallosand. That's literally it.

What he doesn't realize is that he'll purchase the game anyway and encounter many Sandygast via trainers whether he likes it or not.
>>
>>27992043
Holy shit guys I think we broke his mind
>>
>>27991451
>icicle cleverly designed to look like an ice cream cone

Hold on there shitdick...
>>
File: 479-cut.png (190KB, 488x599px) Image search: [Google]
479-cut.png
190KB, 488x599px
>At least other inanimate object ghosts make sense with ghost themeing.
Yes, my favorite childhood memories were movies where ghosts take over lawn mowers.
>>
if you honestly think the "rpg trope slime" is an excuse for muk then you are a retard. just because it's generic and in most rpgs does NOT mean they had to include one and a shitty boring looking one at that. so including a trope is far more

>running out of ideas!!!!

than the sandcastle ghost because it's relying on a standard, rather than looking at things in the world and designing something original based on that.
>>
File: 9221227.jpg (82KB, 294x313px) Image search: [Google]
9221227.jpg
82KB, 294x313px
>>27991451
>>
I think the better questions is, why are you so upset about people's opinions OP? Like, don't you have anything better to be thinking about?
>>
>>27992811
This guy's never seen Maximum Overdrive
>>
>>27992754

You break it, you buy it.
>>
File: 1438108695310.jpg (522KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1438108695310.jpg
522KB, 1920x1080px
>>27992677
>STILL shitting on pokemon designs
Fine. Get a bigger load of it
>>
>>27991451
Pallossand is as close as you can get to a literal cartoon sand castle while still looking like a living animal, and for that it's neat. Plus bonus points for having a style we haven't really seen in Pokemon before.

It's simple as fuck but also unique, what more could you ask for with a sand castle pokemon?
>>
>>27991451
He's still mad?
>>
You guys are the perfect example of false flaggers

Even more than /v/

You should stop
>>
>>27991451
>but just lazily posting "B--B-B-BUT MUK!" needs to end now.

Ok, Magnemite
>>
>pokemon should be 100% serious and all pokemon should be serious and no room for any other design is allowed
I love the silly/cute designs in this gen, because it's a game and the designers are allowed to have fun with their game
[Spoiler]chill the fuck out dude
>>
>>27992043
Are you having a stroke? I'm legit worried that you apparently aren't aware that opinions and fun exist.
>>
>>27992043
Chill the fuck out man. It's just a cartoon Sandcastle.
>>
>>27993098
Are you saying that a lot of designs are meant to be silly and entertaining to kids and that all of us as kids likely would have liked a large majority of the newer designs?

FOR SHAME REEEEEE AUTISM BOOOOO etc.
>>
>>27991451
I think its a neat idea executed well
>>
Voltorb and Muk are well designed. Simple does not equal bad.

I also like this sandcastle.
>>
>>27991451
>don't irrationally hate pokemon
>anyway pallossand sucks
>>
>>27991451
Why are people so triggered by the sandcastle? It isn't even the Pokemon itself that triggers people, it's the fact that people like it. The "stop liking what I don't like" mentality is as pointless as it is stupid and juvenile. Hate if if you want, but don't try to stop other people from liking it.
>>
>>27991451
Holy shit you're so triggered it's great, just like Palossand's design. :^)
>>
>>27991536
But this is true.
>>
>>27991451
I'm 100℅ you are the same faggot OP that created the last thread with the same purpose.

You are autist, right?
>>
>>27993250
Don't forget about the daily "illegal in Hawaii" meme.
>>
File: 1469682692063.png (37KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1469682692063.png
37KB, 700x700px
>>27991451
>being this butt hurt about a children's game
>>
>>27991451
> eating vanilice while building the sand castle Pokémon

Good day at the beach.
>>
I like it, and my stance needs no defending.
>>
>>27992043
Chimecho is adorable since when is it contrarian to enjoy?
>>
>>27992039
kill yourself
>>
>>27991536
"Generic JPRG Slime monster" is no better justification than "light hearted play on haunted mansions mixed with beaches".

You're cherrypicking.

also both designs are fine, you don't know the first thing about design
>>
>>27991451

Is this dude the new goodrafag
>>
>>27991451
get over it pissbaby
>>
>>27993347
>not taking discussion about a children's game seriously on a board about discussing a children's game and cartoon
>>
>>27991451
Its not a sandcastle. Its just some sand cleverly designed as a pokemon.
>>
>>27992043

>being this upset someone like a cartoon character you don't
>>
>>27991451
>it's a chest mimic. One of very few pokemon whose design actually affects gameplay!

being a chest mimic doesn't excuse it from having shit design, much like a simple chest with eyes would be a shit standard mimic design you faggot. it also doesn't explain or excuse it's shitty evo's design.

and since we're talking about shit designs, defend jynx please. a female mr. popo, a nigger, whatever you wanna call it. or dragonite being a yellow barney instead of resembling dragonair in the slightest.

the truth is the only way pokemon designs have evolved in the slightest is in the amount of detail/colors, which is linked to the software and hardware upgrades with new gens of console coming out along the series and the modern tendencies.
we've always had shit designs, inanimate objects, slimes, cartoonish shit, and some good ones in the midst. you just defend gen 1 because of nostalgia but it's the exact same shit as the rest, except bare bones and broken as well in the original games.
>>
>>27991655
then all is explained.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.