/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Take a plant >Make it a grass type Pokemon Gamefreak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 11

File: morelul.png (49KB, 143x327px) Image search: [Google]
morelul.png
49KB, 143x327px
>Take a plant
>Make it a grass type Pokemon

Gamefreak pls

Why can't they be creative and make a plant that isn't grass type? They have non-water type crabs now. It's not fair.
>>
>>27991248
>plant
>>
Flor gorgeous is a plant based creature that isn't grass
>>
Sudowoodo
>>
>>27991260
That's a fairy wearing a flower dress. Not the same thing.

>>27991293
Not a plant.
>>
>what is florges

BTW almost all grass type pokemon are based of plants, because, y'know, GRASS type

Seriously, kys
>>
fungi aren't plants
educate yourself
>>
>pokemon that exist to be cooked and put on a plate
>>
>>27991248
I don't think you know what "creative" means. I'll give you a hint, though; randomly making a plant not a grass type to be totally different and random isn't it.
Pokemon are given their types to fit the concept they're conveying, just like every aspect of a Pokemon's design is. That's it. Stop complaining. If they make a plant Pokemon that makes sense as a non-grass type then they'll do that.
>>
>>27991377
You mean Farfetch'd?
>>
>>27991307
You must have cancer.
>show me two plant non grass pokeyman
>b-but they aren't actual plants because plants aren't made of rock
>>
>>27991307
>It draws out and controls the hidden power of flowers. The flower Flabébé holds is most likely part of its body.

Also, being a plant is the defining trait of Grass type. It's not like Poison or Ground where you can just slap it on whatever you want. So yeah, fuck off with this nonsense.
>>
>>27991401
Well, that's what I'm saying. They're doing the same thing again and again. Plant = Grass type. No thought. No creativity. They should make a non-grass type plant. It's not that hard, desu.
>>
>>27991465
>So yeah, fuck off with this nonsense.
>I don't agree with your opinion and I have no argument so I resort to insults

Oh, hi Tumblr!
>>
>>27991480
Show me a Hawaii plant that would make sense as a different type, then please.
I'd, personally, like to see more crazy grass types - even though I love the flower-mons.
Like, if they have a game that has heavy science themes, and dark ones at that, again they could reference Biolante and it'd be a thumbs up from me... I'm sure you could tie it to a deity or a dinosaur or something to make it work.
>>
>>27991409
>Although it always pretends to be a tree, its composition appears to be closer to a rock than a plant.
>When it finds a flower it likes, it dwells on that flower its whole life long. It floats in the wind's embrace with an untroubled heart.
>>
>>27991540
>Show me a Hawaii plant that would make sense as a different type, then please.

Hawaii is irrelevant. There are no koalas or mangosteens in Hawaii.
>>
>>27991480
All right then, wise guy. You do it.

We already have mimicry in bonsly and suudowoodo, which are not plants, according to you. Also pokemon based on animals wearing plant for mimicry are automatically grass type. Plants infecting animals and growing on them are also grass type.

Fungi are also grass type.

Seriously, a plant based pokemon that is not a grass type is like a bug pokemon that is not a bug

>inb4 lurantis

Lurantis is a PLANT, not a bug. Happy?
>>
>>27991248
Florges
Comfey
Magearna
Xerneas

Notice a pattern?
>>
File: image.png (103KB, 461x327px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
103KB, 461x327px
>>27991248
>crab that can't live in water is pushing the boundaries by not being a Water type
>>
>>27991579
>bonsly and suudowoodo, which are not plants, according to you

Not just according to me. They're rocks that imitate plants. They're not plants. Climb off your high horse you rotten onion.
>>
>>27991293
>Implying trees are plants
>>
>>27991558
Koalas fit thematically though, since Hawaii is a tropical paradise and it's got an international association with being relaxed and Koalas are zen as fuck. I expect the sloths; Slaking et al, to be available as well because of this.
You can get loose with it like that if you like.

I could see them making like an electric/steel tree in an industrial area. You know how in city's they have those horribly manicured trees that don't look real? It could play off of that. It could be neat. I dunno, I'm not a botanist.
>>
At least it will get spore this way
>>
File: ccntcrb.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
ccntcrb.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>27991248
>They have non-water type crabs now.
I know right? The wonders of nature. I heard they made turtles that can's swim too, the absolute madmen.
>>
>>27991307
Sudowoodo is not a plant. -_-
Ok, OP is autistic.
>>
>>27991681
>Pokemon are literally the animals they're inspired by

No.
>>
>>27991720
Pseudo-wood, fake wood, as in pretends to be a tree.

>Being this ignorant
>Calling other people autistic

Stop.
>>
>>27991722
autism
>>
>>27991771
Yes, that post I was responding to is.
>>
>>27991722
You seem upset about something.
>>
>>27991740
The design is based on a tree, yes or no?
They made it Rock type, and said it was a fake tree.
So, it's a plant, but not a grass type. This thread can end now.
>>
>>27991722
>A pokemon inspired by a non-aquatic crab not being a water type is the weirdest thing
>>
Implying mushrooms are plants
>>
>>27991825
It's based on a fake tree. It doesn't look like a real plant. Stop being dense. That's not what I'm asking for.
>>
>>27991887
Mushrooms are plants in Pokemon. Doest that help you contrarian redditor?
>>
inb4 "I was merely pretending"
>>
>>27991722
Well, Pokemon are designed as representations of animals, plants and culture so... Technically, yes they are. Generally they're a wombo combo of a few things, though, to cover a lot of ground.
>>
>>27991963
No they're not literally the same as the animals they are inspired by. No.
>>
>>27991976
But they are literally analogues of them and, as such, convey themselves as representations of them so yeah, they still sort of are.
Obviously they didn't upload real animals into each copy of the game, if you want your autism acknowledged.
>>
>>27991825
A flower made of glass is not a flower. A tree made of stone is not a tree.
>>
>>27991248
>take an insect
>make it a bug type

What the hell?
>>
>>27991608

Aren't they supposed to be based on petrified wood?
>>
>>27991248
Mushroom Pokemon
>plant

Really!? Not even the same kingdom in biological classification
>>
>>27991912

No, they're Grass-type.
>>
>>27991248
>implying fungi are plants
>>
>>27992006

So a plant that isn't Grass-type wouldn't be a plant, making this thread topic pointless.
>>
>>27991248
My theory about this guy is that he attaches to certain other Pokemon allowing them to evolve (like how paras is actually controlled by the mushroom on its back) an Alolan paras/parasect would even work for this idea
>>
>>27992006
So you want a plant, made of wood and leaves and everything, but which is not grass type.
Why not a legendary who personify the sun and that is Steel/Psychic?
>>
>>27991722
Then what reason in the first place is there to be upset about a crab being non-water?
>>
>>27991248
>Take a plant
Pic not related I assume
>>
>>27992073
Crabrawler is a crab and not water type so it's not impossible if you're not a contrarian.

>>27992115
>Why not a legendary who personify the sun and that is Steel/Psychic?

Look ma, I posted it again! It's the emissary to the sun, not the literal sun itself.
>>
>>27992202
>Crabrawler is a crab and not water type
People have already explained why Crabrawler isn't a water type. Why are you so autistic op?
>>
>>27992202

I like how you failed to address his first point at all, instead focusing on the only language familiar to you (ie: memes).
>>
>>27992227
>Keeps responding to person I think is autistic
>Claims to not be autistic herself

Nice try.
>>
>>27992246
>Implying he had a point and wasn't just a dumb set up for his shitty forced meme.
>>
>>27992202
Plants are more closely associated with grass than crabs are with water.
>>
File: Untitled.png (13KB, 778x423px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
13KB, 778x423px
>>27991722
POKEMON MAY ONLY BE INSPIRED BY ABSTRACT CONCEPTS - NO REAL ANIMALS, NO INANIMATE OBJECTS, JUST ABSTRACT CONCEPTS.

THIS IS MY NEW POKEMON OC ITS CALLED MALAISY AND ITS BASED ON THE CONCEPT OF ENNUI.
>>
>>27992247
>herself
>>
File: 1446670775885.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1446670775885.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>27992247
This is actually pathetic. Convincing other people that you're retarded isn't trolling.
>>
>>27992289
Jesus Christ, calm down before you hurt yourself. All I said was Pokemon aren't literally the animals they're inspired by, which is a) true and b) apparently hard for some people to grasp?
>>
>>27992262

Oh man, you really are retarded if you can't understand something so simple.
>>
>>27991248
That's a mushroom, not a plant.
>>
>>27991248
you know that fungi aren't plants right?
if they "should" be something that's POISON since many of them are poisonous.

other than that it's not easy to take a plant and make it something else.

for example eelectross is an eel that should be water/electric by nature but the designers can focus on its secondary characteristic.

plants don't doi much other than being...you know...plants.

you may say,"but anon we have plants that smell awful" and that's true, but we don't have "smell awful type". hence vile-plume.
"but anon we have plants that eat insects" but we don't have "eat insect type". hence victreebel.

and so on and so forth.

if you want a plant that isn't grass type you have to find/suggest a plant that has a secondary characteristic that exists as a type in game.

so far only hot peppers come to mind to be fire type but still they gonna be grass/fire cause it's awesome.-
>>
>>27992310
Yeah, but you're also an idiot, so there's that.
>>
>>27992303
>I disagree with you so you must be trolling

Welcome back, tumblr

>>27992316
I understand it was a set-up to force his shitty meme all over the place. At this point 'sun legendary weak to fire' is Alomomola tier.
>>
>>27991248

It's a Pokémon. Not a plant.
>>
File: 1471396069296.png (618B, 124x150px) Image search: [Google]
1471396069296.png
618B, 124x150px
So OP wants a plant Pokémon that isn't grass? Then that's Florges. It is literally a bouquet of flowers but it is only Fairy.
Then there's Bonsly, a Pokémon based on a Bonsai tree, but is Rock type.

There, thread over.
>>
>>27992289
Great name for your concept honestly.
>>
>>27992376
THANK YOU I WORKED VERY HARD ON IT
>>
>>27992346

I mean, I would think even someone of average intelligence would be able to understand it and offer some kind of rebuttal instead of deflecting. Do you have some kind of developmental disorder, or did you get dropped on the head too many times as an infant?
>>
Jeez I knew gamefreak shills were sad, but people are still defending their so predictable types.

>>27992368
I already addressed these. Please read the actual thread before splurging everywhere.
Florges is a fairy in a plant dress, not a plant.
Bonsly is a mimic.
>>
>>27992384
keep your voice down m8.
i have people at home sleeping.
>>
>>27992368
I wonder what argument he will use to explain how Florges is not a plant.
>>
>>27992393
No one gives a shit about your shitty (false) sun legend meme. Stop projecting mental disorders onto others.
>>
File: 1471824161677.jpg (11KB, 151x233px) Image search: [Google]
1471824161677.jpg
11KB, 151x233px
>>27992405
>Florges is a fairy in a plant dress
According to whom? You?
>>
>>27992405
>but people are still defending their so predictable types.
Grass type at least. If you're OP, you yourself mentioned fighting type crabs.
>>
>>27992419

Why can't you just answer it then?

>So you want a plant, made of wood and leaves and everything, but which is not grass type.
>>
>>27992431
According to logic and reasoning.

>>27992434
Because I literally said that that is what I want in the OP. You're not special. Stop being contrarian and forcing a shit meme that no one laughs at.
>>
>>27992415
sorry i will b quiet
>>
File: 1471452692520.jpg (22KB, 431x350px) Image search: [Google]
1471452692520.jpg
22KB, 431x350px
>>27992459
No, logic and reason point to Florges merging with it's flower. Which is it's whole entire gimmick. It should be part grass but isn't.

Voltorb and Foongus are mimics. Bonsly is meant to look like a plant. It isn't a plant. There you go faggot.
>>
>>27992501
thanks you.
>>
>>27992322
>Fungo shouldn't be grass because they're classified as fungi and not plants
Lol, what? Grass typing is given to things that are born from soil/grass/et.c. Organic lifeforms often found in woodlands and forests. It's not plant type you autist.
>>
>>27992459
>Logic and reasoning

Please show your work. Use logic to explain how Florges' body is a plant dress and not just part of her body.
>>
File: y no grass type 1.png (42KB, 167x200px) Image search: [Google]
y no grass type 1.png
42KB, 167x200px
>Carries around a Leek
>Not Grass Type

>Gamefreak
>>
>>27992405
>Florges is a fairy in a plant dress, not a plant.
>Bonsly is a mimic.
You're completely missing the point. Pokemon are based on things. If a real life plant-based Pokemon is considered to make more sense unto itself with an alternate typing then the monster designed to represent that plant/plant-relative idea is designed accordingly.
Here's a shitty example for you:
>design Pokemon based on snap-dragon and poison ivy
>make it Dragon/Poison, but still depict it as being floral because it's still based on plants.
You see? It would be a dragon, but it would still convey itself as being based on the plants.

Now, of course, a snap-dragon should be a little Grass/Dragon Pokemon because that would make more sense.
>>
>>27992541
>Grass typing is given to things that are born from soil/grass

gogoat line - goats
deerling line - deers
treeco line - geckos
chikorita line - saurs/dinosaurs
snivy line - snake
lileep line - literally water creatures (sea anemones) not even part water type

should i continue?

also organic? do you even biology dude?

every life form in this planet is "organic".
damn it even the use of the word "organic" is used wrong.
by saying organic you mean nature, as a whole.

just use google more often please. just... just do it.
>>
>>27991307
Sudowoodo is literally based on a tree what the fuck are you talking abou
>>
>>27992690
it's a rock that tries to resemble a tree to get away from danger.
>>
>>27992690
Sudowoodo
Sudo+Woodo
Pseudo + Wood
(Fake) + Wood
(Fake) + (Tree)

Sudowoodo = A Fake Tree
>>
>>27992663
>I'll pretend he said exclusively because my autism is dangerous
Jesus, please stop

>organic? I'll say something arbitrary about that too!
Like, seriously
>>
>>27992704
We are talking about his design. Can you really say that it doesn't look like a tree?
>>
>Why can't they be creative and make a plant that isn't grass type?
They aren't making plants they're making Pokemon.
>>
File: Faggotry spectrum.jpg (232KB, 1271x825px) Image search: [Google]
Faggotry spectrum.jpg
232KB, 1271x825px
>It's an OP posts something retarded and spends the rest of the day arguing with /vp/ because he refuses to admit he was wrong apidode
>>
>>27991627
trees are dragons now
>>
--------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone above this line spent way too long arguing about something stupid.
>>
>>27992750
umm but that's the point.

yes it kinda looks like a tree quite vaguely to be honest. brown sausage to look like a bark with green balls as hand to look like branches.

it's like saying that someone who dressed as a tree for halloween is a plant.

it is redudant. that was the whole purpose. to look like a tree. but it isn't.

vileplume doesn't TRY to look like a flower. IT IS one. hence grass type.

sudowoodo is a wrong example because it's design is the exact idea of what it is.
>>
>>27992863
>implyin OP wouldn't be a 7
>>
>>27992890
When someone dress up as a tree for Halloween, his design is inspired by a plant, but he is not. Exactly like Sudowoodo. It's inspired by a plant, and it's not grass type.
Ps: When someone dress up as a tree for Halloween, he is gay.
>>
>non water type crab
>what is a coconut crab
When will these dumbfucks kill this meme?
>>
File: _20160822_122724.jpg (60KB, 881x473px) Image search: [Google]
_20160822_122724.jpg
60KB, 881x473px
>for the fifth time, it's not an ACTUAL rock. It's a plant that looks like a rock
>>
>>27992863
>Disagree with someone therefore they are gay

Underage detected.
>>
WE
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.