[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would they introduce region-specific variations of old Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 59.121.png (2KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
59.121.png
2KB, 240x240px
Why would they introduce region-specific variations of old Pokemon unless to imply that "Alolan forms" are the true forms of those Pokemon?

Are Alola and Kanto retroactively the first and last regions we'll see in the franchise's main games?

Will Sun/Moon be the end of new Pokemon?
>>
what are you asking
>>
>>27981594
>Will Sun/Moon be the end of new Pokemon?
Yes, now fuck off.
>>
How high are you right now?
>>
>>27981725
>>27981750
Do you think there will be new Pokemon after this generation?
>>
>>27981594
I think you got it backwards. If this were the case the Alolan forms would be just their names like "Oddish" and not for example "Alolan Oddish".

Also no, this isn't the last games. It just means they're going to be introducing region variations from now on. It helps if you think of these variations as Darwin's Finches.

So the categorization would go something like this:
Main group: Animals
Sub group: Birds
Within that group you have different birds: Finches, Pigeons, Crows etc
But when you look into different types of Finches you get even more minute categorization.

Fuck, I got to brush up on my taxonomy.
>>
>>27981781
Yes. Nothing indicates otherwise.
>>
>>27981792
>It just means they're going to be introducing region variations from now on.
Eh, knowing GF, regional subspecies could easily be an Alola only gimmick.
>>
>>27981792
>>27981860
If they don't introduce any more mega evolutions this generation then it's highly likely that regional forms will come and go in the same fashion. If that's the case, then every subsequent generation will be so bland and gimmicky that it'll complete alienate the fanbase the franchise has spent the last two decades acquiring. That's what I fear, and that's why I'm wondering if this is the end.
>>
>>27981860
If they get rid of variations I would be so sad. It actually makes a lot of sense compared to megas in my opinion. I know there's a possibility, but I don't think it'll happen.
>>
>>27981594

The Franchise will die without new Pokémon.
>>
>>27981781
Yes of course I do
>>
>>27981913
Dude, that's a huge leap in logic you're making there. Gimmicks come and go, welcome to the series. And they're not ending a cash cow like this. Not after the brand got tons of exposure thanks to Go.
>>
>>27981781

Yes.
Pokémon can be anything.

just use your Imagination.
>>
>>27981949
I don't think they'll retcon away the Alola forms, but I wouldn't be so sure we'll get new once in every region from now on.
>>
>>27981993
Go sales plummeted insanely quickly. And I guarantee you these games will sell than any previous Pokemon games because the massive, blinding solar flare that was Go burnt a lot of people out who weren't longtime fans.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.