[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The important non-league related NPC that follows you on your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 6

File: important npc.png (475KB, 1360x623px) Image search: [Google]
important npc.png
475KB, 1360x623px
The important non-league related NPC that follows you on your journey.

So which region did it the best? Which did it the worst? I'm only talking about Looker in DPPt here.
>>
>>27981309
Did Hoenn really have nothing like this until ORAS

Also I'd say Zinnia or maybe Eusine
>>
LOOKER
O
O
K
E
R
>>
Looker and N are superior
>>
File: Emerald_Scott[1].png (104KB, 230x384px) Image search: [Google]
Emerald_Scott[1].png
104KB, 230x384px
>>27981346
I mean, there's Scott but while these guys do stuff related to Legendaries or the evil team, he just invites you to the BF so I dont think he really counted.

Also I hated Zinnia
>>
>>27981346
wally
>>
>>27981309
Looker, I guess, mostly by default. Eusine, Zinnia, and N are all titanic-level faggots. AZ barely even appears in the game, but at least we got a cute unused Pokémon out of him.
>>
>>27981309
Isn't N the champion the last time you fight him?
>>
>>27981455
Wally is pretty much your rival Brendan/May a shit so I'd say that's league related.
>>
>>27981309
N and Eusine are my favorites.
>>
>>27981485
Well yeah, N is kind of complicated, because he's sort of your Rival too. I say just dont think about it because otherwise Unova wouldnt have anyone besides Looker again.
>>
>>27981309
Looker is a fucking bro

And I'm a unovabortion
>>
File: XY_Emma.png (30KB, 128x205px) Image search: [Google]
XY_Emma.png
30KB, 128x205px
If Zinnia is there why not Emma?
>>
Eusine for his 11/10 theme. But as a character he's pretty lame.

Otherwise I liked AZ the most, if only because he's a pretty light and simple character who isn't constantly chewing your ear off with bullshit. Zinnia is pure shit, Looker is cool in BW and really cool in XY but he felt shoehorned into Platinum where he fits this trend, and the only pleasure from N was his fights.
>>
>>27981309
did Gen 1 have someone? maybe in frlg?
>>
>>27981546
Emma is postgame exclusive
>>
>>27981546
Because between AZ and Emma I'd have to go with AZ as the main one for Kalos. I mean....he actually has official art.

>>27981620
ZInnia is indeed shit, but I also hated AZ because he felt like them just trying to do N again without the setup. Every time he was around he felt forced in.

>>27981639
Not that I know of. Though I'm only at Lt Surge.
>>
>>27981485
N was kind of weird mix of archetypes. He was kind of a twist on the rival, kind of a twist on the team boss, and kind of a twist on the champion that first time through. But then there's Cheren, Ghetsis, and Alder...
>>
>>27981639
Maybe you could count Professor Oak's Aides that show up in various places to give you stuff based on dex completion?
>>
>>27981664
So is Looker and Zinnia
>>
>>27981746
No.....?

Looked you see in the 2nd town and Zinnia makes small appearances as the enemy team such as the first forest
>>
>>27981639
The closest thing is probably Bill.
>>
>>27981764
>Zinnia makes small appearances as the enemy team such as the first forest
Huh. Did not know that
>>
>>27981309
>>27981444
>>27981496
>>27981532
>>27981666
>>27981692

You're being really autistic about putting characters into boxes here. Most of the characters in your image don't have some big common thread. They're just various major characters.
>>
>>27981309

When I say AZ is worse, it's not in hate, but rather that he could've been done much better

You see him like one time

And then suddenly he's in Team Flare's base behind bars automatically stating the legendary story

Zinnia despite being fleshed out and well done, is unfortunately unlikeable because of it

What was Eustine even for other than telling you when Suicune is around

You didn't need it

It felt better when you randomly found suicune
>>
I loved getting to hear N's theme...and him going from rival > rival plasma boss >rival plasma boss champion > rival ex plasma boss champion weather wizard desu
>>
>>27981639
>>27981767
Or that Oak assistant that gave you stuff for completing the pokedex throughout the game, can't remember his name
>>
>>27981870
I think it's just Oak's Aide
>>
>>27981346
Did Johto did nothing until the shitlooking retarded guy with suicune ?
how retarded can you be anon
>>
>>27981346
>Did Hoenn really have nothing like this until ORAS

Steven functioned as that in Emerald.
>>
>>27981870
he isn't just one guy
There is a lots of Oak's Aides
>>
>>27981839
>N's battles and encounters were scripted the same way previous rival battles had been
>N was literally claimed to be the team leader, even though that was a redherring
>N shows up to literally claim league champion title before you the first time you pass through the elite 4
and his outfit is deliberately designed to resemble red's to draw parallels to him and protagonists
>>
>>27981910
And Scott I guess
>>
>>27981839
Oh I know. It's difficult to explain why I think these characters are relatable, but people seem to get what I was getting at.

The whole "related to the legendary plot/evil team plot major NPC" was a good way to at least show some of my reasoning as to why say, Zinnia would be there instead of Scott.

>>27981892

Eusine was in Crystal
>>
>>27981892
you do realize eusine was in crystal, right?
>>
>>27981892
why did you Hoennfags always replies with Johto?
It's not Johto's fault about Zinnia.
Geez, I mean, there are people on /vp/ who says that RS sold bad because of Gen II.
>>
>>27982002
Nah it's just ORAS fags. They resort to shitting on Johto and HGSS a LOT. I'd say most of the recent hate of HGSS has come from ORAS
>>
>>27981764
>Looker
>Platinum only

I missed Zinnia during the game
>>
>>27982025
what if I'm both an HGSS and ORAS fag?
>>
>>27982048
Yeah, but no one should ever play DP anymore so it's fine
>>
Az is cool. Good backstory that presents a connection between human and pokemon we've never seen in the series before. Doesn't waste your time with dialogue, and that also added to the mystery of him when he showed up halfway through the game.

N is almost the complete reverse of Az, was hyped up pre-release, never shuts up, has a nonsensical philosophy of keeping pokemon free yet still shoving random ones in pokeballs for a match. His backstory honestly wasn't that interesting. Loved discovering that playroom though.
>>
>>27982048
Yeah, Looker is post game in other regions, but I'm mainly talking about DPPt. I mean, Eusine is post game in another region too but he starts out in Johto and you meet him a few times there first
>>
>>27982002
God. That's the whole problem with you guys, you just put people into "regionfags" cases. Didn't it ever occur to you that there are people that do like all the damn regions ? I didn't know Eusine was in crystal but anyway it's all the same, Eusine in Crystal, Wally in Emerald and Looker in Platinum I still don't see anything wrong
>>
>>27982058
Well if you like HGSS you can't be that bad

>>27982070
Is this bait. How is a character good because he doesn't talk and show up much. I'm not even talking about N
>>
>>27982070
AZ and N are like some teenager's anime fanfiction from 2007, though.
>>
>>27982070
I felt the reverse. AZ had no buildup until suddenly it's right before the 7th Gym and we get two info dumps on all of his backstory super fast, which was entirely unrelated to what was going on outside providing Team Flare with a weapon to use.

>>27982086
Wally was a rival though. Or at least a friend like Ethan/Lyra or Whatever the chick in XY is called.
>>
>>27982086
Anon, peope like the entire series, we like it so much we aren't scared to say what we don't like about it. We can also like a game less than another game.

You can't really enjoy everything the exact same
>>
>>27982070
N's play room

That place is even more fucked up when you connect the dots....and then the music is even creepier in bw2
>>
>>27982086
Said by the guy who just called another anon a retarded by something that you didn't know in the first place.
>>
>>27981639
All those characters in the OP seem to exist only to expand upon the game's "main plot", involving the region's lore, legendaries and villainous team.

So the closest thing in Gen 1 would be Mr. Fuji.
>>
>>27981309
Looker gets down to business and does his job. As for the others:
>"MUH SUICUNE"-Eusine
>"MUH ASTER"-Zinnia
>"MUH TRUTH/IDEALS"-N
>"MUH FLOETTE"-AZ
Yeah, there's not much competition.
>>
File: Spr_FRLG_Mr_Fuji.png (819B, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
Spr_FRLG_Mr_Fuji.png
819B, 64x64px
>>27982187
Huh. He does seem to fit the role I had in mind perfectly. Real bummer there's no official art of him.
>>
>>27982144
Got the names messed up. I meant Scott.
>>
File: Mr.-Fuji.jpg (49KB, 400x220px) Image search: [Google]
Mr.-Fuji.jpg
49KB, 400x220px
>>27982187
>>27982281
besides this
>>
>>27982303

He was involved with Mew and Mewtwo.
>>
>>27982281
Mr Fuji is great, but sadly you only saw him in Lavender.
>>
>>27982332
Yeah I read his Bulba page.. I just wish there was a better pic for him to be more naturally added to OP pic
>>
>>27982368
Unlike post-Crystal games, Gen 1 was really subtle about its lore. Even the guy behind the most powerful pokémon in the region was irrelevant.
>>
>>27982467
I miss that feeling.
>>
>>27982368
Really? I saw on the page he was also in Celadon, complaining that Team Rocket was a bully.
>>
>>27981309
AZ > Zinnia > Looker >>>>>>>>> Ewswine > N
>>
>>27982102
>How is a character good because he doesn't talk and show up much. I'm not even talking about N
Because I think most dialogue in these games are shit and Az was a nice change of pace. Not every character has to be like Az.
>>
>>27981309
Gen 2 also had Lance
Gen 1 had Prof Oak's Assistant.
>>
>>27981309
I think that the leader of the opposite team in Gen III would make a better reference.
>>
>>27982515
Glad I'm not the only one who dislikes N
>>
>>27981309
Eusine and AZ are shit. N and Looker are okay. These characters aren't very good in general.
>>
>>27981309

N was okay but the rest were forgettable.

Monuments to why it's stupid to play Pokemon for it's story.
>>
>>27982508
no, Lavender only
>>
>>27981309
>>27982281
Looker > N > Fuji > AZ > Zinnia > Eusine
>>
>>27982528
>Lance
>non league related

>>27982609
Oh. Kind of a shame.

>>27982649
>Zinnia over anyone
>>
Can someone post that image of zinnia being stabbed by fug
>>
>>27981847
Agree on all of these. Though Ive never experienced a Johto game without Eusine so I cant comment on that
>>
>>27982752
The last three are all shit, but at least AZ reuniting with his waifu was cute, and I'd stick my dick in crazy so Zinnia is pretty fuckable.

Eusine has no redeeming qualities.
>>
>>27982515
>I'm a Kalosperm
>>
>>27982821
What's so bad about Eusine?
>>
>>27981309

I hate DPPt. They are my least favorite games in the entire franchise.

And that said? Looker.

Looker is great. I'm glad he's become a series mainstay. I really enjoy him.

Eusine is a bro, and Zinnia doesn't ass blast me like she does you faggots but I wish she was fleshed out a bit better. Steven filled this role a lot better though. AZ is a cool guy but he needed a third version to really give him his story in full.

N is my least favorite but I still like him ironically. He's a Tumblresque piece of shit but he reads like a parody.
>>
>>27982821
What about his theme song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nQiEDlEfXc
>>
>>27981309
AZ, Best in my opinion also he looks like a Goliath

N the worst for many reasons
>>
>>27983155
And those reasons are....?
>>
>>27982070
shit taste confirmed faggot
>>
N was the most relevant

Looker was the funniest
>>
>>27981309
surprisingly Unova, the plot (and so N) followed you until the final match against Alder, people didnt talk too much about it but I think BW is probably the game that had the longest and deepest story
>>
>>27982515
REALLY bad taste all around
>>
>>27981309
I liked Looker best, personally.
>>
>>27983300

Long does not equal deep.

It's N and Team Plasma telling you that you're problematic over and over again and then Ghetsis reveals he was just faking all along. It's not that deep.

I think N spouts some crap about dreams a few times too like the hippy he is.
>>
>>27983615
It's like you didn't even read what anyone else said of play BW2
>>
>>27983643

He's talking about Black and White, not BW2 you retard.
>>
>>27983672
Wow anon. It's almost like he's in more than one game!
>>
>>27983694

He's saying BW had the deepest story. It doesn't.

And he's not even that deep in BW2. The Unova games stories are only "deep" if you're a 10 year old.

N has shonen rival defeat=friendship levels of character development.
>>
File: Zinnia Is Sweaty.jpg (59KB, 972x568px) Image search: [Google]
Zinnia Is Sweaty.jpg
59KB, 972x568px
>Looker.
Fun, unobtrusive, relevant to other games. 8/10

>Eusine.
Not as fun or interesting as Looker, but still neat. 7/10

>N
I very much appreciate GF's attempt at a more mature character and story arc. He's neat. 8/10

>AZ
Boring. 4/10

>Zinnia
I need to give her two ratings. Firstly, her character and story arc are so goddamn fucking retarded, I hate her fucking guts. 1/10

However, she is so goddamn hot I can't hate her. Her toes, her sweat-matted hair and clothing. Her large, ample tits on her young body. I want to get her addicted to my cock and fuck the retardation out of her. 7/10

There.
>>
>>27983844
Whatever it's not like you tried to care about the game anyways
>>
>>27983863
It's because they love the series they can point out when it fucks up so that it can learn from its mistakes
>>
>>27983946
I'm the fag who wrote this >>27982156
Don't bullshit copy it by literal nitpicking a character you didn't read. You/they literally say they spout crap, that isn't a a critisim that's just saying I didn't like it
>>
>>27983863

Gameplay wise BW2 is my favorite game actually and I really like Unova.

It's story is just shit. N is not a deep character. The story isn't deep. It's typical shonen battle anime shallow in ever aspect. Both Unova games even use the "I was really super evil all along!" twist.
>>
>>27984145
B/W doesn't. Not with N anyways. He was autistic and had no fucking clue what was going on around him.

And in B2/W2, Plasma are evil from the start, and are on a revenge mission.

B2/W2 are best games for sure though, at least you agree there. The amount of quality and content in that game compared to Gen 6 games that directly followed it, you would think the games were from completely different franchises.
>>
>>27981309
>The generic Japanese detective guy you have seen in 1000 other games an anime
>The fapbait edgy girl
>A Gary Stu

And then you have the Johto guy, whatever his name is, that is less memorable than a potato.

AZ was the only cool one even if he barely appeared at all.
>>
1. N. He's crucial to to the story of BW and BW2. Very memorable

2. Zinnia. Probably first not completely sane character in Pokemon game. Interesting and doesnt give a fuck about what others think. Again very memorable

3. AZ. One of the most unique characters in the game. Huge backstory (in terms of relevance). His rolve wasnt as large in XY so thats why he's not number 1. Still very interesting and memorable

4. Looker. Clearly has some backstory but we dont know much about it. Quite funny. Not a big role but amusing. Memorable

5. Eusine. Literally who. No backstory, nothing interesting apart from being a furfag. Pointless forgetable shit
>>
N is a cool dude

Looker is top tier

Zinnia is for masturbating

Everything else is garbage
>>
N=Looker>rest of them.

N was a legitimately interesting character and served a real point in the story. His character was refreshing and I genuinely enjoyed him as a antagonist.

Looker is a cool concept, law enforcement in pokemon isn't really touched upon. The idea of a personal detective in the pokemon is a concept I find enjoyable, I would play a game based on Looker. I hear some people complain about him being shoved in constantly but his cameos never seemed excessive to me.

AZ could've been cool and I kinda like the idea of him but they just didn't do much with him, he's lost potential. Eusine was just forgettable and Zinnia was nothing special but I at least appreciate them trying to develop her.
>>
>>27982025
What if i told you HGSS were cozy but still shit
>>
I actually don't remember the purple guy existing.

Which one's he from.
>>
>>27984890
HGSS, he's the guy looking for suicune for reasons I forget. He's pretty forgettable.
>>
>>27984932
Still don't really remember him but ok.

if they wanted a dog guy why not get one of the people fron the Entei movie a while ago
>>
>>27983863
Salty as fuck lol. The anon just disagrees with you. I don't find Gen V's stories THAT great either. Prefered the ones in Gen 4.

>>27984865
Thanks for sharing your opinion?
>>
>>27983845
>However, she is so goddamn hot I can't hate her. Her toes, her sweat-matted hair and clothing. Her large, ample tits on her young body. I want to get her addicted to my cock and fuck the retardation out of her. 7/10

I try my hardest to forget that men like this exist, and yet i keep returning to /vp/. You're really not helping your demographic, anon.
>>
>>27981309
Just finished Delta Episode, and I kinda liked Zinnia.
I'd say N or Looker, though.
>>
>>27988826
At least he/she doesnt let that cloud his judgement on her character. They still know she's shit.
>>
>>27988873
This
>>
>>27988826
How judgmental of you. You are very close minded person.
>>
>>27988826
What did I do wrong, anon? Don't blame me, blame my dick. My brain knows she is a 1/10 character. Not my fault she hits a bunch of ticks that make my dick diamonds. Just being honest about it.
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.