[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/vp/ says Black2/White2 are the best pokemon games >buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 12

File: 23wcg.jpg (193KB, 894x521px) Image search: [Google]
23wcg.jpg
193KB, 894x521px
>/vp/ says Black2/White2 are the best pokemon games
>buy Black 2
>can't transfer any of my favorites from Gen IV until I beat it
>guy main character looks like a complete faggot
>can't change color of skin
>can't change his shit hat
>no Pokemon following you
>game says the season is winter even though August is Summer

Why did you lie to me?
>>
oh
oooohhhhhhh nooooo
why did you do it??????
>>
You said it OP, wanna jack off together?
>>
File: c01e08c4ccdc55288667ae3032badf08.png (722KB, 1040x780px) Image search: [Google]
c01e08c4ccdc55288667ae3032badf08.png
722KB, 1040x780px
>>27975489
WHY DIDN'T YOU PICK MEI?
>>
>Playing as the guy.

Well there's your first mistake
>>
>>27975489
Ask somewhere other than /vp/. General consensus is that HGSS are the absolute best games while B2W2 are a love it or hate it affair.
>>
>>27975489
>he's not playing Rosa
>he picked the objectively inferior version due to the worse version of the Ocelupid City soundtrack

your pokemon gaming experience will be SHIT
>>
>>27975489
>1.
Favourite Pokemon are subjective and be happy that the sequel introduced pre-Gen 5 Pokemon
>2.
Again subjective and doesn't impact the gameplay
>3.
Again doesn't impact gameplay
>4.
I'll give you that
>5.
Just change your DS or 3DS' date
>>
>>27975489
Gen 5 is my third favorite gen, but you shouldn't listen to /vp/, they act like genwunners when it comes to gen 5
>>
>>27976046
>Gen I is to normies as Gen V is to /vp/
>Gen V is to normies as Gen VI is to /vp/

Simplest analogy
>>
/vp/ says Platinum and HGSS are best games from what ive seen.
>>
>>27976108
Nope, usually B2W2 followed by a tie between Emerald, Platinum and HGSS.

Generally, the more "hardcore" a game, the more /vp/ likes it, regardless of any casual appeal it may have.
>>
>>27975489
>not picking rosa

For what reason?
>>
>>27976046
Maybe because it was a breath of fresh air instead of pointless nostalgiawank for overgrown neckbeards that jack off to their waifumon.
>>
>>27976169
Again, no, not really. Maybe you've seen it recently, but for years HGSS was the target for either praise or shitposting from contrarians. I've seen people talking about BW2 in a lot of threads and back when it came out, sure, everyone agreed it was a huge improvement but I can't honestly believe anyone else believes that BW2 was /vp/'s go to 'best gen'. No way.
>>
first of all, learn how seasons work in gen 5
>>
>>27975489
Don't forget the ugly graphics, interface and shitty music.
And the sluggish and boring story.
>>
>>27976294
>Unovabortion
>criticizing waifufags

>>27976312
I guess so, but HGSS is sort of losing its luster on /vp/ and B2W2 is taking its place. Might be coincidence, but now the more casual fans and normies also agree near-universally that HGSS are the best games in the series.
>>
>>27976220
Yancy
>>
>>27975832
>worse version of the Ocelupid City soundtrack
He said Black 2.
>>
>>27976403
>a random npc compared to a better sprite you'll have through out the entire game

yancy is a 9/10 waifu though
>>
>>27976312
>>27976385
I've always seen BW2 and HGSS kinda praised equally.
But gen 5 has has a bigger share of shitposters than HGSS in general, so that kinda skews results in favor of HGSS.
>>
>>27976385
I agree that I've seen that more recently, but you should know how much praise HGSS got in general for so many years. It was almost unbearable on /vp/ a few years ago. It's not nearly as bad now, and things are always up in the air whenever a new generation comes out, but yeah. Once Sun and Moon have been out for a few months and /vp/ settles down again and all we have are our usual shitposting threads and waifu threads taking up space it'll be interesting to see what the current batch of /vp/ users think about the old games.

All things aside I think Sun and Moon are gearing up to be one of the best generations. I'm way more excited to play than I was during the XY cycle (even though that gen introduced a lot of things I liked, especially customization, interesting character designs, whatever else)
>>
>transfering things before the e4 instead of playing the story normally
>complaining about customization before it was introduced
>complaining about a hgss exclusive feature
>expecting the game seasons to match rl
>living in the northern hemisphere anyway

you're a dumbass
>>
>>27977216
Nah, Gen 5 is overrated shit.
>>
People wanting following pokémon in every fucking game are insufferable
>>
>>27976046
>>27976169

Most people shit on Gen V, specially lately, only B2W2 are somewhat liked, and even then they're pretty polarizing.

Emerald, Platinum and HGSS are much more liked by /vp/.
>>
>>27975489
Correct, this is perfectly acceptable
shit opinion
and???
it's a visor and get over it
Unnecessary feature that's dumb as bricks
game works on a 4 months = 4 seasons schedule, so winter happens 3 times a year in game
>any of these nitpicks amount to the game being bad
wew
>>
don't forget: 5 hours of text that you can't skip every time you turn a corner

worst mistake ever, I regret getting White 2
>>
/vp/ praising BlackWhite 2 was what reminded me I even played it. It was so immemorable that I completely forgot I even played it. Didn't remember shit about it either. Replaying It now, it's boring as hell.
>>
File: 1460814091381.jpg (128KB, 518x1544px) Image search: [Google]
1460814091381.jpg
128KB, 518x1544px
Man anything I see from B2W2 has been either completely taking a shit on it or absolute praise. It's like comparing FO3 to FONV, every time.

I really did enjoy B2W2 more than any game released and with posts like this it's hard to understand why people shit on the game. Every time I ask for a real criticism some fag says "Don't forget, PokeStar Studios", an optional side game or dumb shit like OP's post complaining about how the male character looks in a series that's so easy to self-insert yourself in as the hero.

The only way I can rationalize all this hate is thinking that somehow the game was received too well within the community that making fun of the game became the meta that echoed through all these years, and knowing /v/ people just parroted negative comments about a game they've never really played.
>>
>>27975489
Fuck you, it is winter.
>>
>>27977708
>liking faggots
>>
>>27975489

That's every game execpt Johto and gen 6 anon
>>
>>27975489
Why would you want this?
>>
File: 1471806188294.jpg (258KB, 1398x884px) Image search: [Google]
1471806188294.jpg
258KB, 1398x884px
>>27978249
>2016
>not being a faggot
>>
>>27975489
Even the games wants summer to be over
>>
File: image.png (228KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
228KB, 394x370px
>>27975489
>can't change shit hat
How is that not a flaw in every game but X and Y
>>
>>27977708
>perfectly acceptable
>can't play through the game with my favs

Gay ass shit. I should be able to get my mons.
>>
>>27978009
The optional side content is a big part of why people like it. When you've been with the franchise for two decades, the story just becomes an obligatory chore. Having lots of shit to do outside of the main game is something vp really values. That's a big reason bw2 has such a fanbase around here: it had a load of ide content.
>>
>>27975489
Literally "problems" in every single pokemon game except HGSS and/or the following gen (depending on the issue). And not being able to change the color of your skin isn't a problem, you fucking tumblr faggot.

>complaining about this while Mei/Rosa exists

>not even bothering to figure out how the mechanic works

I never even played B2W2, but if this is the sort of complaints about those games, they must be great.
>>
I am playing now. There's no auto running shoes. What the hell. This is a step back from the HGSS.
>>
>>27976108
Emerald was lit af too.
>>
>>27981361
No shit captain, gamefreak is all about one step forward one step back. Any good feature they implement in a game is sure as hell not coming back the next.
>>
>>27976403
That's a good reason actually
>>
>>27975489
Like every other single game before gen VI.

Pick the girl.

Customization isn't a thing until gen VI.

Why isn't this an issue in any other game?

You're a complete faggot. 8/10 bait.
>>
>>27981719
>pick the girl

But I am a guy.
>>
>>27981755
What are you gay?
>>
>>27981755
You're listing a non-issue. If you don't like the MC, well, though luck. You should be mature enough to not let such a puny thing ruin your whole experience.
>>
>>27981719
>Pick the girl.
But that doesn't solve the issue, does it, since he'd be a faggot either way.
>>
>>27981808
OP is always a faggot. News at 11.
>>
>>27981808
>how a character looks ruins the game for you because your too stubborn to not use him
>3/6's of OP's flaws involve how someone looks
>>
>>27975489
as someone who exclusively only uses male characters in games when given the chance and I don't like to play as females, I picked Rosa.
>>
File: 2430135.png (129KB, 754x316px) Image search: [Google]
2430135.png
129KB, 754x316px

Well, why not pick the CUTEST POKEGIRL IN THE SERIES then, you humongous faggot?
>>
>>27981344
Yeah, B2/W2 is pretty great

Lots of fucking content, decent story, post game 100 floor tower with trainers that have Lv80 mons and is an actual challenge where you can't use items and you must transverse the entire tower, rewarded with a shiny mon at the end of the tower that you fucking earned and its great, Lots of decent shit with good typing early on so you can start team building right away, good characters mostly, continues the plot of B/W and shows the world evolving after that game took place, lots of legendary mons if I recall, lot of fucking post-game yet again, half the map is basically post-game with more areas to explore than maybe any other game.

Optional hard mode for the entire game that gives enemy trainers more levels and more mons(its a bitch to unlock though). Memory Link thing gives the game odd cut scenes that flesh things out a bit more. Also you collect medals the entire game which is kind of fun for accomplishment sake.

Also another cherry on top is the battle frontier thing, where you can battle every well known character from every Pokemon game that came before this one in tournament style fights to become the super king.

Pokestar studios is a fun postgame thing as you try to be a superstar, and it actually teaches you some odd strategies to beat invincible mons. The game feels really fleshed out, out of all Pokemon games it feels maybe the one with the most content, maybe.

Only real issue is that breeding is postgame only. Which is a real issue perhaps.
>>
>>27982158
I personally would say that they do time passing better than Johto did. You really see how much people miss the protagonist and memory link is so fucking great
>>
>>27978441
Underrated
>>
Uh OP, unless your favorites from gen 4 are the starters, the legendaries, and bidoof, the B2W2 has all the important Sinnoh mon, bar Luxray. A lot of the evos and preevos introduced are in game as well. The transfer point only really matters if you wan to blaze through the game with a number of perfect IVed mon.
>>
>>can't change color of skin

Why would you want to be a subhuman shitskin?
>>
File: 185px-Black_White_Hilda.png (69KB, 185x398px) Image search: [Google]
185px-Black_White_Hilda.png
69KB, 185x398px
>>27982091
He said he's playing B2W2, not BW.
>>
File: kZlyN61.webm (160KB, 472x412px) Image search: [Google]
kZlyN61.webm
160KB, 472x412px
>>27976106
holy fuggggggg
>>
>>27982395
Hilda and rosa are both top tier, we can agree on that
>>
>>27982414
Hell yeah
>>
>>27982414
Rosa = Tits

Hilda = Ass
>>
>>27982339
I wanted to start with a Totodile to go along with my Snivy. There's no way I can do that.
>>
>>27975489
>>guy main character looks like a complete faggot
The guy is always criticized even though the girl version looks just as stupid.
>>
GREAT /VP/
WE DID IT
ANON BOUGHT BW2 BECAUSE OF US
OUR PLAN WORKED
LET'S CELEBRATE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCl1gwX_CVA
>>
>>27982395
Beat me to it.
>>
>>27982395
I wasn't wrong

Rosa is the cutest
Hilda is the hottest
>>
File: tumblr_m7sxku7dVK1rv3wzao1_500.jpg (82KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7sxku7dVK1rv3wzao1_500.jpg
82KB, 500x500px
>>27975489

Why does everyone hate Nate?

He's cute.
>>
>>27978288

Pokebank was not available at launch, so many of us here did have to play through the game without or old mons actually.
>>
>>27982653
I honestly think the pre-Pokebank XY meta (essentially the Kalos Dex) was the best gen 6 meta overall.
>>
>>27975832

>picking Furry Dick
>ever
>>
>>27982788
Personally it was one of my favorite meta's period
>>
>>27982822
In White 2 you can use Reuniclus and Braviary, though.

>caring about uber legendaries
>>
>>27982788
>>27982847

I'm hoping Sun and Moon holds off on bank support for a few months too.

Early metas are always the best. It's when people actually have fun instead of "I'm just going to do whatever Smogon says"
>>
>>27977749
Yeah man, how dare GF make you read text made for children, that shit's difficult
>>
>>27983150
It should be skippable.
>>
File: 1469928902629.png (1MB, 852x854px) Image search: [Google]
1469928902629.png
1MB, 852x854px
this has been the case with every gen...

agreed, but Rosa is a great design. male main chars have hardly ever been good though.

this has only been in X/Y, why are you bitching about a feature that was only added in the latest gen?

same exact thing as #3

who fucking cares. literally one game had this for the nostalgia gimmick.

it's so you don't spend 3 months waiting for a season you like to come around.

fucking awful, try again
>>
>>27983196
Literally just press A
>>
>>27975489
Stopped reading there.
>not catching new pokemon that you find on the road and using them to go through the game
>transferring from fucking gen IV, the worst gen
>>
>>27975489
S H I T S K I N
H
I
T
S
K
I
N
>>
File: 1457520218489.jpg (11KB, 200x197px) Image search: [Google]
1457520218489.jpg
11KB, 200x197px
>>27982414
That we can.
>>
Shit taste
>Not liking best boy
>>
>>27979073
>Wanting to rush through the game with already trained mon
Casual are the worst
>>
>>27988313
>you should have to use the same old pidgey and rattata every gen rather than use your bros
>>
>>27982158
World Tournament was the best post-game thing i'd felt in a while. I played the hell out of it. Right about of nostalgia while not bogging the game down with it

Man... I want it back
>>
>>27988973
>not making a new team to have new bros
>>
>>27989114
Basically this, I'd love to see PWT in Alola
>>
>>27975489
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>27975489
>>guy main character looks like a complete faggot

i thought that too when i first played but now hes my favourite somehow.
>>
Are you guys seriously doing it before beating the game for the first time? What's the point?
Literally just you. But I prefer every single one that isn't the non-Emerald Brendan or Calem
Like you could do it in any earlier game.
See above.
Agreed
Do you want to experience every in-game season like once or twice in the entire life?

Besides, those are the tiniest things you could think of.

>inb4 unovabortion
My favorites are Heart Gold and Platinum, I literally played W2 this month for the first time.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.