[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes DP so much worse than Pt? I'm playing through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 250px-Pearl_EN_boxart.jpg (24KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Pearl_EN_boxart.jpg
24KB, 250x224px
What makes DP so much worse than Pt? I'm playing through Pearl for the first time, never played these ones before, and while I can accept the third versions are always better, the community on every level would call DP trash and Plat amazing. How big could the differences be? Aren't they 95% the same game? I'm finding Pearl to be just awesome, good Pokemon variety to catch, you can get a decent team going early, Sinnoh is comfy as fuck. 8 HMs and some quality of life things (which I expected) are pretty much my only complaints apart from the new Pokemon looking like mostly garbage.

Why the hate?
>>
>>27975166
Just compare Candice's team in DP and Platinum. Crasher Wake and Aaron's too.
Platinum is a perfect game, DP are shit.
>>
>>27975166
Games are slow and have subpar regional dex. I don't think they're bad, but I can see why a lot of people hate DP.
>>
>>27975166
Because /vp/ loves to exacerbate flaws to the point where they trick themselves into thinking ok games are shit.
>>
>>27975166
The Third-version meme is cancer. People who say Plat is amazing while DP are trash are purely delusional. Theyre basically the same fundamentally, not that drastic in quality.
>>
>>27975216
A couple of levels does not make one trash and the other great. By that logic, every Pokemon is fucking garbage by being too easy, so Plat is a couple levels tougher it's perfect? That's bullshit and you know it.
>>
>>27975166
>What makes DP so much worse than Pt?
Shit pokemon distribution
Neutered E4/leaders
Plot makes less sense
No battle frontier/postgame
No leader rematches
>>
>>27975269
Basically. Diamond and Pearl are fine, Platinum is better, but it's not like because Platinum exists that somehow makes Diamond and Pearl utter garbage.
>>
>>27975269
I meant exaggerate, but you get the point.
>>
Because that became the popular opinion meme, so it continues to propagate itself. I replayed Pearl myself recently to see just how bad it was since the last time I played it was at release, but what I got was a pretty good game. Then I replayed Platinum for the first time since 2012 to refresh myself on its improvements, and really it's not that big of a difference and there are actually a few things I like more in DP related to the main story and the aesthetics of some things.

Platinum is definitely better with its superior encounter tables and further postgame content, but there isn't really anything wrong with DP on its own.
>>
>>27975311
Are you retarded?
Check the movesets on Crasher Wake's team.
Check how Aaron has Dustox and Beautifly in DP.
>>
>>27975248
>>27975269
>>27975272
>>27975351
This is what I figured.

>>27975216
A couple of levels is not the difference between a shit game and a perfect game. It's the difference between an easy game and a really easy game.

>>27975318
Pokemon distribution is fine, you can get a full team of unique Pokemon before the first Gym and you can rotate them out for other shit pretty quickly too.
I wouldn't call them neutered, I'd say they were buffed for Plat, but that's semantics.
It's Pokemon, who gives a shit about the plot. It's always dumb anyway.
Fair.
Fair.
>>
Never played any Sinnoh games, should I get Platinum?
>>
Platinum has some minor improvements such as pacing, Pokémon distribution, and other things. But in the end they're very very very similar.

Those people that claim Platinum to be the GOAT and DP to be the worst are just retarded.
>>
>>27975549
ITT: Confirmation Bias
>>
People forget this now with emulators and flashcards but on the actual game carts of DP it took half a minute to save your game and the game in general was just extremely slow, which made it a lot less enjoyable than it could be. Platinum largely fixed the awful saving times which made it a lot more fun to play. But again, with emulators and flashcards it doesn't matter that much anymore.
>>
>>27975635
>But in the end they're very very very similar.

No, they're really only similar superficially. Every single thing in DP is improved in Platinum. That makes the world of difference.
>>
>>27975754
The improvements are actually what is superficial.
>>
>>27975956
Improving almost everything substantially is superficial.

You got me. MadeMeMad/10
>>
>>27976018
Opponents have better teams, but you're still gonna be OHKO'ing everything like every Pokemon game.
>>
>>27975549
> Pokemon distribution is fine
Look at how many Fire-types there are.
>>
>>27976363
And look how many ice types there are in the Hoenn games. Just because one type is lacking doesn't mean the games are irredeemable garbage.
>>
>>27976983
>doesn't mean the games are irredeemable garbage
Uh, have you played through RSE lately?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.