[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else think genwunners are just a myth and anti-genwun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: 12.jpg (59KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
59KB, 380x380px
Anyone else think genwunners are just a myth and anti-genwunners are far, FAR more vocal? (Before you call me a genwunner or whatever, my favorite gen is 4).

Like, you hear people complaining about genwun and genwun fans ALL the time, especially here on /vp/. Even when it has nothing to do with the thread, SOMEHOW genwun hate will be brought up.

Just watch this video from 3:30 onwards and tell me this isn't cringe-worthy. If you hate genwun and complain about it all the time, this is EXACTLY how you sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN0kXN2XVzg

It's not about the criticism, legitimate or not, that he throws at the game. It's about him being so mad for no fucking reason and saying a million times "muh if you can't accept criticism then leave!!!" when he just tried to play the victim card earlier and he's the one not accepting of criticism. "Don't you DARE say they're the highest quality games in the series even though just a second ago I said everyone has the right to their opinion!"

Why is this one neckbeard relevant? Because that's literally how ALL of you anti-genwunners are. You feel compelled to hate genwun when it wasn't even brought up in the thread and you get so mad and upset when you're talking about it, like those games were some kind of personal insult to your life or something.
>>
>>27963993
I think "genwunners" are just normalfags on Facebook and YouTube that manchildren go out of their way to screencap for cringe/rage compilations.
>>
It's because a lot of genwunners mostly know Pokemon by the anime or the originals. It's unlikely you will find a genwunner who has played all the games, when people who are anti-genwunner have usually played all the games. Hate directed at genwunners is mostly because they're too opinionated for how ignorant they are considering they probably haven't played a Pokemon game in years. The fact that genwunning is mostly found on casual social media sites like Facebook where normies circlejerk over how bad all the new designs are created a bitterness in the more hardcore fan base and they feel the need to "retaliate" and counter jerk in places like VP. Personally I think Gen 1 is by far the worse in terms of mechanics and gameplay, but there's something to be said about the Pokemon designs. Many Pokemon from gen 3 onwards have unnecessary details. When you remove the details, it either won't have an effect on the asthaetic of the Pokemon or it'll actually make it better. Removing a detail from a gen 1 Pokemon will 9 times out of 10 ruin it. I think this is what people refer to when they say gen 1 designs are simpler.
>>
Of course the "genwun" thing is bullshit. Just another boogeyman to project your frustration onto. Yeah of course the original games and Pokemon are gonna resonate with more people, Pokemania was an insane fad. I wonder if people whining about "genwunners" are too young to remember. If they're not that's even sadder. But among actual fans, like those who post here, no one is ever saying that anything that came after RBY doesn't have value. Every real Pokemon fan can appreciate games and mons that came later, even if Red or Blue are still their favorite.
>>
File: 1470965148913.png (265KB, 460x382px) Image search: [Google]
1470965148913.png
265KB, 460x382px
>>27963993
>Anyone else think genwunners are just a myth and anti-genwunners are far, FAR more vocal? (Before you call me a genwunner or whatever, my favorite gen is 4).

I think /vp/ is so mentally malleable that as a result of the "genwunner" meme, they do everything in their power to *not* look like a genwunner, so what does that entail? Complaining about genwunners, evolutions "just getting bigger" if they don't have spikes and patterns everywhere, and bitching about the glitches they purposely try to find in RBY
>>
>>27963993
I personally know someone who is a genwunner. At least, that's what it seems like, but he's also a huge contrarian. He spouts that after gen 2 pokemon went to shit yet defends any of the newer shit I criticize.
>>
>>27963993
The problem is your premises are correct and i agree with then but your conclusion is a straw man and a generalization

>>27964221
This
>>
>>27963993
Its not cringe desu. He's in the right. I don't like to play red blue or yellow because they aged so horribly. Give me frlg on the other hand I love to play those.
>>
>>27963993
No, genwunners are real, but people exagerate what a genwunner really is. Gamefreak apologists now a days call everyone that critizes any aspect of S&M a genwunner.
>>
>>27963993
On /vp/ it's just a boogeyman. There are few genwunners still here. But there are shit ton of normie genwunners, particularily on facebook. Pokemon Go's popularity with normies looking for nostalgia brought even more genwunners into the mix. I think they're common enough to justify reactionary attitudes towards them.

But, of course, anyone that religious bitches about them is probably autistic.
>>
In this board maybe you're right but anywhere else online it's the opposite.
>>
I have met SO many people that tell me the old designs are so much better than the over-simplified, yet over-designed newer pokemon. It's way more common among casual fans. A lot of the people here, however are hardcore pokemon fans and like each generation, so it's more annoying to hear the genwunners complain because, in fairness, the complaints are fucking retarded. There are good and bad pokemon in each generation.
>>
>>27965511
>Gamefreak apologists now a days call everyone that critizes any aspect of S&M a genwunner.
This. They are on the same level of awful.
>>
File: 1297515422131.jpg (25KB, 412x352px) Image search: [Google]
1297515422131.jpg
25KB, 412x352px
>>27963993
>my favorite gen is 4
That's even worse than a genwunner
>>
>>27963993
No. Fuck off genwun scum.
>>
>>27965908
The overall asthetic of the games *is* getting worse, not just pokémon designs but trainers, interfaces and places are looking more and more ridiculous.
>>
>>27965926
I genuinely believe that only defensive hoennbabbies say this.
>>
>>27966054
Hoenn was just as shitty, no game should require the third version to fix it.
>>
Everyone here is pokemon fans who like and play all pokemon games.

Usually though we interact with non-fans who are mostly 90s nostalgia fags and only like the original pokemon. They post dumb shit on their facebooks like

"There are only 151 pokemon! all the rest don't exist to me!"

make some non-nerd friend and you'll see. genwunners are not a myth.
>>
>>27963993
They aren't a myth, a coworker is a super genwunner who loves Pokemon Go, buys "cool" pokemon clothing, and says anything after Red and Blue is bad because it's not the OG
>>
>>27963993
Genwunners exist, but not on /vp/

Well, they may be on here now due to the Great GO flood, but Genwunners are generally just on Facebook or where ever, like others say.

However, I do know that Gen 6 attracted a lot of people who haven't okayed anything since Gen 1/3, so maybe those guys could possibly be Genwunners. But the mere fact they'd be interested in Gen 6 shows open mindedness to the point where they may eventually move away from that anyways.

Tldr, yes and no
>>
>>27966018
No? They're more interesting. Even the definitive look of Kanto aesthetically cane in Gen 4
>>
Most adults I've met who still have an affection for pokemon are pretty much genwuners, though I'm practically an old fart now at 28.
>>
File: 1452785718973.jpg (152KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452785718973.jpg
152KB, 640x720px
>>27966069
>tfw you bought ORAS and it still wasn't fixed
>>
What is a genwunner?

Someone who thinks the first generation was the best? That should be quite a few people.

I think the first generation blows the latter generations out of the fucking water when it comes to pokemon design.
>>
>>27963993
>Anyone else think genwunners are just a myth and anti-genwunners are far, FAR more vocal?
your frame of reference is fucked because you're on /vp/. hardcore anti-genwunners are similarly obnoxious, but take one step out of dedicated pokemon fansites and you'll realize they are vastly outnumbered by genwunners.
>>27967468
someone that only played gen 1 and shits on all the other gens
>>
>>27967617
Obviously none of those people have made it into the fucking pokemon section on 4chan.
>>
>>27963993
>Anyone else think genwunners are just a myth and anti-genwunners are far, FAR more vocal?

Pretty much. Anti-genwunners are far more annoying at this point. Criticize any new Pokemon and they bring up the old tired Voltorb/Grimer bullshit ASSUMING you also like those Pokemon because somehow everyone must be a genwunner.
>>
>>27966018
>>>27965908
>The overall asthetic of the games *is* getting worse
You know that speaking of your opinions like fact also pisses people off, right?
>>
>>27963993
All Pokemon youtubers are cringe inducing. But genwunners are real. I had a kid in my high school speech class who gave a presentation on how new Pokemon games "ruined" the series. He went on to talk about how Charizard was the greatest of all time and how new Pokemon "are all ice cream cones and trashbags."
>>
>>27963993
shut up genwunner
>>
>my favourite gen is 4

fuckin D R O P P E D
>>
>>27966174
Not even gold and silver?
>>
>>27967911
A literal school presentation?
>>
>>27967911
This can't be real
>>
>>27966054
Sorry but its nearly unanimous among the various groups except sinnohfetuses.
That said, if I were a hoenmbaby I would be mad too if the subsequent game removed or ruined legitimate mechanics and features seen in my first game.
>>
genwunners aren't on pokemon boards.
genwunners are casual faggots that spout off about new pokemon when shit is posted about new pokemon games in normie places.

a genwunner would never come to this fucking board or /r/pokemon or serebii or smogon
>>
>>27968725
You'd be surprised especially with Go.
>>
>>27967836
True, but that's also what anti-genwunners do, just as much as genwunners. One side claims Gen 1 was perfect and amazing, the other claims it's absolute shit. Of course these things are subjective.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.