[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a hard mode/challenge mode or anything for this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Is there a hard mode/challenge mode or anything for this game?
I picked Omega Ruby and it's amazing how brainless it is. While the start was a bit rough since I limited myself to a starter (Sceptile) plus a Ralts that didn't have Confusion with EXP share turned off, the rest has just been cake. The type coverage was shit but I still stomped most of the gyms without issue. Getting free megas just made it even easier, what with Mega Sceptile outspeeding and OHKOing literally everything. Hell, there's no real reason to even use the legendary mega they gave away for free.

I heard there's new remake-only content in the "delta episode". Is that somewhat challenging, or should I impose more artificial challenges upon myself (No Megas/EVs/Nuzlock) to make the game fun.

Or should I just go back and play a better title?
>>
>>27950862
Just play a better title.
>>
>>27950862

Literally no Pokemon game except Platinum has a good challenge, not sure what you expected OP. Do Nuzlockes or make up your own shit
>>
>>27950862
The delta episode itself is no harder than the main story. All that's left afterwards is RNG Mason and legendary hunting.

If you want challenge, play a different title or consider playing some of the challenge hacks for ORAS.
>>
I do "Gym leader Nuzlockes" all the time. Where I pick one, MAYBE two types and I play a Nuzlocke through the game only catching those types. Ups the difficulty, makes me use Pokemon I never have a lot of times, and makes every time feel fresh.
>>
>>27950958
If you want a challenge don't play any of the pkmn games, they're designed for kids who can't handle losing. It's my dying wish to see difficulty levels ( Novice Trainer, Ace Trainer, Pkmn Master) in future games
>>
>>27950927
B2W2 Challenge mode is a good challenge too.
>>
>>27950862
>While the start was a bit rough since I limited myself to a starter
Usually training fewer pokémon make the game easier, because being overleved makes it even more of a cakewalk.
I switch most of my team after each Gym to keep xp from piling up in a few mons. Usually get to the gyms 3 to 5 levels bellow the leader, but with pokémon that are good type matchups against them, and it's a lot more fun, though Gen VI even like that lacks any challenge.
>>
>>27950862
Play one of the ORAS romhacks instead.
>>
>>27951036
Little bit corny but I'd like to see that
>>
>>27950862
If you have access to CFW i highly recommend Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire they are romhacks and they fix like 90% of ORAS problems
>>
>>27951036
Easy and Challenge modes in BW2 were that, but you had to finish the game once to unlock it and they were version exclusive, meaning you needed to game link to enable the mode you can't unlock.

I don't get why they bothered having different difficulties but making it so obnoxious to get. Even more so in a game that arguably is designed to be played once, as there's no multisave feature.
>>
>>27951036
>they're designed for kids who can't handle losing
yet in the anime they made the protagonist to be a loser forever
>>
>>27951799
You didn't have to beat the game to use it through game link though, I started my first playthrough of White2 with Challenge mode because one of my friends beat the game on Black2.
>>
Every person who complains about these games being easy uses potions revives and berries. Absolutely cuckery.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.