[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The new pokemon trigger my autism, and this is the result. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

File: sugicrab.png (263KB, 1128x1028px) Image search: [Google]
sugicrab.png
263KB, 1128x1028px
The new pokemon trigger my autism, and this is the result. I don't usually have any problem with the concepts or the designs, but rather the "new" artstyle, which is too cartoony and simplistic for my tastes. I trust I'm not the only one?
>>
>>27946274
While I don't hate the actual design, this is probably one of the best "fixed" versions I've seen on here
>>
>>27946274
It just evokes gen I's anime designs.

Either way, I don't think we've had a gen that doesn't clash with the previous gen since gen III.
>>
>>27946274
You ruined his antennae; you made it just a spike. Where's his antennae, OP?
>>
>>27946274
>It's another "simplified" "kawaii anime eyes" "oversized head" episode

That said, this Crabrawler isn't bad. The "hair" and the "gloves" were fine as is, but damn did you sabe the legs.
>>
>>27946274
It's the same design drawn by someone with an unsteady hand. This is way worse than "random spikes."
>>
>>27946274
you are the only one
>>
>>27946324
Even Gen III clashes tremendously with Gens I and II. And Gen III clashes with Gen I.

Each gen has a different artstyle. That's a fact.
>>
>>27946331
I kinda thought of the "antennae" more as an oversized rostrum and went on with that, since the thing is above the thing's eyes
>>
File: fuck.jpg (130KB, 627x363px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
130KB, 627x363px
coconut crabs are really rounded and smooth, its not a pokemon meant to be lumpy and jagged, its not the same kind of crab as kingler. Im sure there'll be a share of more rough designs, especially the more late game 'cool' designs (ie. tyranitar, garchomp, etc)
>>
>>27946274
Oh fucking well.
Games don't cater to you or your autism. You could always stop playing instead of shit posting here like it was your own blog.
>>
File: pyukumuku.png (138KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pyukumuku.png
138KB, 500x500px
>>27946274
Distorsion thread?

Here's my fixed Pyukumuku
>>
File: then there's this piece of shit.png (63KB, 300x267px) Image search: [Google]
then there's this piece of shit.png
63KB, 300x267px
>>27946515
yeah the animal is round, but not THAT round. the legs and claws could easily have more detail and shape. now it looks like the crab was drawn using the MS Paint circle tool
>>
>>27946545
woah boy do i taste salt
>>
>>27946274
I thought you faggots loved "dynamic" poses and blatant puns?
>>
>>27946274
>Secondary/fan art of existing designs can change or improve perceptions of it

Not exactly a new or ground-breaking revelation there anon.
This applies to practically everything, anon.

Especially Pokemon. Like how Nidoking isn't a manlet if you don't choose to draw him as one.
>>
>>27946274
Its claws are supposed to emulate boxing gloves.
Boxing gloves are supposed to be round and smooth.
>>
>>27946381
Not really, Gen III's firechickun does signal the start of fighting types becoming more straght up human and less cartoony. And stuff like spicmon does set the stage for overdetailed pokemon. However, it really didn't get bad until gen IV. Even then, every gen has a lot of strays from their primary aesthetic, like cherubi or drilbur, that look fine next to older mon.
>>
>>27946646
You should stop letting every dude you suck off cum in your mouth then.
>>
>>27946274
First time I saw the gif, I honestly thought it was from Dragon Quest Monster Joker
>>
File: shamo rooster or black blaziken.jpg (93KB, 442x650px) Image search: [Google]
shamo rooster or black blaziken.jpg
93KB, 442x650px
>>27946870
Blaziken isn't in a non-bird stance for no reason you know?
Also what the fuck is a spicmon? Ludicolo?
>>
Who cares, it's going to evolve into the thing they ACTUALLY wanted to design. This is just its derivative that the artists don't care about and you won't either past a certain point in the game.
>>
It's a new age anon, moeblob is what sells. Everyone wants poppy bubbly yokai watchy goodness now.
>>
File: Hey, that's mildly adequate.jpg (140KB, 1232x645px) Image search: [Google]
Hey, that's mildly adequate.jpg
140KB, 1232x645px
>>27946274
I like this better than the official art
>>
>>27946274
The problem with then new style is that everything is way too fucking round and edgeless all the time. Alolan Raichu being the best example.
>>
>>27946274
I love it. Fix more!
>>
File: 7872f5f6.png (209KB, 580x516px) Image search: [Google]
7872f5f6.png
209KB, 580x516px
>There are people who deny that the art style has remain unchanged since the nineties
It's changed. No doubting this. Whether you think the change was a good thing or a bad thing is your opinion. But you're a fucking idiot if you think that there has not been a significant shift in art direction.

Personally I believe that the art style needed to change to allow more designs. Gen 1 had 10/10 designs, but there was already a pattern of generic kaiju going on. I can't imagine Scrafty in a Gen 1 design.
>>
>>27946274
I already liked Crabrawler, but you straight up fixed every minor nitpick I had with it, 10/10.
>>
>>27946274
This is much better but I think you messed up his antenna.
>>
File: 099Kingler.png (98KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
099Kingler.png
98KB, 431x431px
>>27946274
I like the idea you're going for here but this just looks like someone traced the real design really poorly. Just because it's too smooth and round doesn't mean the answer is just making it rough and bumpy. Just look at Kingler. A much better looking crab in terms of design, but it's not better because it isn't smooth and simple. It has plenty of areas where it is smooth and simple.

More thought has to go into it then just "make it rough-looking".
>>
File: 1459644765575.png (582KB, 866x902px) Image search: [Google]
1459644765575.png
582KB, 866x902px
>>27948002
>I can't imagine Scrafty in a Gen 1 design

Give a drawfriend a half hour. Anything can fit into another art style.
>>
>>27948002
They changed to simpler geometry with simpler details purely to make it easier to make models for the game.
>>
>>27946274
YOU ARE SUCH A CUNT FUCK OFF
>>
>>27948163
Simmer down child.
>>
>>27946274
jesus christ thats terrible and I'm not even a fan of a Craboxer
But thats just my opinion
>>
>>27948111
This is awesome.
Any more like this?
>>
>>27946274
I like it OP.
>>
>>27948111
This is just Magmar with a nozzle mouth or whatever the term is. Is it supposed to be Magmortar? Because it looks nothing like it.

>>27948122
Doubtful. There is one Pokémon that has always been the odd one out, I feel, and it's Braviary. That mon looks EXTREMELY gen1 and it's so weird seeing it with, say, Unfezant.

Megas of most Kanto mons also retain most of the realistic rendering save for like, Mega Mewtwo Y lmao
>>
>>27946274
No, you're not the only one.
I lot of people here (including me) also think like that.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.