[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are about 80% of single stage Mons "worthless"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (64KB, 966x827px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 966x827px
Why are about 80% of single stage Mons "worthless" in meta? They are beyond weak and don't stand any kind of chance in meta.
>>
should shitmons exist at all?
>>
they are usually good in their tier or even better. tauros, heracross , pinsir, kangaskhan(m-mom) , aerodactyl , shuckle , skarmory , sableye , smeargle (if it counts) , zangoose , and durant. its like a good 50/50
>>
>>27938259
What if, like, there were millions of people interested in Pokemon without being Smogonfags? Wouldn't that be shocking?
>>
>>27938280
>Implying I'm not a vgcfag
>>
I think shitmons are introudced for gain an evo in next gens.
I guess torkoal and all these single stage mons will get new evolutions at one point.
>>
>>27938217
Because Pokémon isn't a competitive game at its core and only manchildren care about "muh tiers."
>>
>>27938217
Because the base stat amount is too low. This is because the base stats of a single stage pokemon are similar to the base stats of the pokemon found in the same place and these places are often early enough in the game to be pokemon who evolve into stronger pokemon. That's pretty much it and why the usual fix is "lol, give it a new evo/form with higher base stats!".

This could easily be fixed permanently if pokemon were closer in base stats regardless of stage.
>>
Because pokemon are diverse like animals. Not every creature in the world is a killing machine. Some are just harmless bugs, birds, or fish that are just living their life eating other bugs and reproducing.

Pokemon imitates that.
>>
File: 4u.png (14KB, 138x200px) Image search: [Google]
4u.png
14KB, 138x200px
>>27938217
Because people forced a competitive pokemon scene. Just like Hearthstone, Pokemon was made to be a casual and fun game, but people have to create competition in every single game and that´s why we have pokemon that are supposed to be "bad".

GF designs their game around casual players and not autists.
>>
>>27938347
Competitive gaming in games that are not designed around competitive gaming is ridiculous.
>>
>>27938368
But its a fact. Just look how gf changed the whole system, just to make it easier for players to be "competitiv". They didnt plan for it, just like HS never planed to be competitiv.
>>
>>27938347
>>27938368
'no'
>>
>>27938347
Pokemon is literally about catching and battling.

Are you simpleton?
>>
>>27938394
And thus, it is ridiculous.
>>
>>27938347
This basically
>>
>>27938403
You don't understand the difference between a competitive scene and a game where you compete.
>>
>>27938414
Is that a yes?
>>
>>27938347
Yes, people 'forced' a competitive scene in a game that is centered around competition, a game which has an yearly video game competition
You fucking idiot
>>
>>27938280
>YOU RENT ALLOWED TO ENJOY THINGS IN A DIFFERENT WAY THAN I DO!
fuckoff.
>>
>>27938305
no Pokemon isnt competitive at its base, it is competitive at its core
>>
Pokémon ain't competitive starting with the fact that most moves being based on accuracy or how lucky you are landing a stat or critical and the shitty EV system that only make things unnecesarily boring and repetitive.

Considering pokémon a competitive game is stupid.
>>
>>27938678
There's a reason you can win the game with just a pidgey and it's not because of how competitive the game is.
>>
Mewtwo says Hello.
>>
>>27938731
Yeah it's because singleplayer has nothing to do with multiplayer
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.