[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legedary Pokemon on in-game teams. What is your opinion on this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

Legedary Pokemon on in-game teams.

What is your opinion on this?

Pic related, I used Entei in HG. I wanted a gen2 fire type, but Feraligatr>Typhlosion imo, Houndour and Slugma appear too late and I felt Ho-oh would've been too OP.
>>
Use whatever the fuck you want. I used Victini in my first play through of Black because you can get it right away and I almost never use legendaries so I thought it would be a nice change of pace.
>>
>>27925046
I try not to, unless I really like them enough to justify it in my head canon bullshit. I limit myself to one if I'm going to do it.
>>
>>27925046
I'll use Zapdos/Entei if I feel like it.
>>
>>27925046
I'll be using Solgaleo because it's a fucking astronaut and I love Astrophysics.
>>
the last one I used was Groundon in my first Ruby run
After beating the league, I felt like it was groundon who actually won, not me
never used a legendary in-game again
>>
>>27925046
I used Lugia in SS, but I've mostly regretted it ever since. Should have used Skarmory.

I also considered using a Dialga because I think it was possible to get a level 5 one from Dream Radar. But Dream Radar was such a hassle I never ended up doing it.
>>
File: team_2016.png (763KB, 891x912px)
team_2016.png
763KB, 891x912px
>>27925263
Same.
Each member of my team is a part of me.
>Porygon2
I am a programmer and I mainly develop AI.
>Charizard
I love fantasy books and movies.
>Lucario
Closest thing to a wolf in game. It represents my geographic origin and an animal I like.
>Rotom-H
I love cooking
>Aegislash
I collect swords
>Solgaleo
I like Astrophysics.
>>
>>27925377
>all perfectly scaled
>Eviolite on Porygon2
I am not the only one with this sort of autism then.
>>
File: HNI_0028.jpg (53KB, 519x406px)
HNI_0028.jpg
53KB, 519x406px
>>27925377
>charizard
>aiegslash
>lucario
>two megas and a mascot
>'i collect swords'
>>
>>27925438
>judges tastes
Look, an asshole.
>>
>>27925501
Sorry I insulted your taste, senpai.

but really lucario and charizard
>>
>>27925046
I never use legendaries except for Articuno in gen 1
>>
>>27925377
I was going to correct you by saying Mightyena is totally a wolf. But then I realized the yena probably implies its based on actual hyenas?
Mind kinda blown actually, why isn't there a real wolf Pokemon yet.
>>
>>27925438
I don't see anything wrong with Charizard and Lucario. I've been liking the first one since gen 1 and the second one since gen 4. I don't really care if they're mainstream now, it won't change my opinion.

And what's wrong abot Aegislash?
Or having 2 megas anyway?
It's pretty common in doubles or aything where you pick 3 mons. And doesn't really matter in the game run anyway, it's not a Showdown team.

>>27925535
Not me.
>>
>>27925602
Rockruff in Alola. Lucario would probably still be more viable and cooler anyway. I mean, it's basically Ryu from SF as a Pokémon.
>>
File: rockruff.png (134KB, 500x500px)
rockruff.png
134KB, 500x500px
>>27925602
That's why I said "Closest thing". I may add "yet", since this guy is going to be a wolf according to the official website.
>>
>>27925346
The Arceus event in GH/SS can be done before clearing the E4, so there's a Lv1 Dialga waiting for you.
>>
>>27925046
Why not just set your game to switch instead of set.
>>
>>27925605
>he doesn't know my secret love for aeigslash

The problem is with Lucario and Charizard isn't their, 'mainstreamness,' but the fact that they are poorly designed. Mainly Lucario, who is the master of overdesign.
>>
>>27925331
I used Xerneas in X because I love its design and I felt exactly the same way after beating the E4. Got down to the wire with Diantha's M-Gardevoir and Xerneas KOed it like nothing. Was a underwhelming victory and I regret it.
>>
>>27925667
Probably everyone on this board will say that base Lucario is not great, but Mega Lucario fixes most of the problem and is overall a more brutal and effective design. Same for Charizard X, who has many lovers. And no, "edgy" is not an argument.

By the way you shouldn't judge his tastes. It's not mature, nor polite, and it makes all your arguments invalid by default.
>>
File: HNI_0033.jpg (43KB, 582x741px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0033.jpg
43KB, 582x741px
>>27926075
>makes all your arguements invalid

wew
>>
>>27926144
Yes, you're always wrong when trying to apply any kind of reasoning on something completely subjective. Do us a favor and shut up.
>>
>>27926190
>shut up

Anon, I'm free to judge anyone's tastes. If they put it out there, anyone will judge their opinions.

1.Feraligatr
2.Golem
3.Gengar
4.Heracross
5.Arceheops
6.Toxicroak
7.Venusaur
8.Aggron
9.Omastar
10.Tyrantrum.

just in case you wanted to know mine senpai
>>
>>27926253
Nobody cares.
>>
>>27926075
You should absolutely judge other peoples' tastes, and you should pay attention when people judge yours. That's how you get good taste, by paying attention to the rest of the world.

Obviously you don't have to agree with everything, but closing your ears and ignoring criticism of the things you like is one of the most immature things you can do.
>>
>>27926298
Quite the retort, my lad.
>>
>>27926331
Nobody judged me, so I don't even care anymore. Guy left the thread probably.
>>
>>27926253
>that list

Not bad at all anon. What are your thoughts on the 4 megas on that list?

1. Poliwrath
2. Lopunny
3. Victreebel
4. Klinklang
5. Empoleon
6. Sylveon
7. Golem
8. Aegislash
9. Escavalier
10. Lucario

Judge away.
>>
>>27925377
>I collect swords
You forgot to tip your fedora.
>>
File: HNI_0023.jpg (17KB, 320x240px)
HNI_0023.jpg
17KB, 320x240px
>>27926478
Pretty good, anon. I like Poliwrath and Victreebel, and love Golem.
>escavalier
marry me man
I love Mega Aggron and Venusaur, Gengar is meh, and Heracross is garbage.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.