[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people say that the next remakes will be DPPt? FRLG are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 6

Why do people say that the next remakes will be DPPt? FRLG are older than them, and they are more popular, besides they were basically just fixed ports, barely changing the mechanics. Sevii Islands were nice, but amounted to nothing.

Game Freak would be able to get a LOT more money if they remade it in 3D, with the Special split, other region mons, an expanded Team Rocket/Mewtwo plot that could maybe even add Mew to the story for once.
>>
>>27916994
Because they've done the remakes in order of release, you fucking retard.
First RBY, then GSC, then RSE. Next is DPP.
>>
>>27917038
FRLG came before DPPt and after RS though, which is what I'm talking about. It doesn't make sense to remake a Gen 4 game when the most popular region hasn't gone past Gen 3.
>>
>>27916994

>Remaking a remake

Regardless another Gen 1 remake would definitely sell more than a DP remake. Especially if the GO crowd catches wind of it
>>
>>27917038
Yeah, except you can still play DPP on a 3DS. You can't do that with Firered and Leafgreen, right now the only option is the re-releases of the originals on virtual console
>>
>>27917080

DP was more popular than RSE. RSE are in fact the worst selling Pokemon games and I'm surprised they actually remade them
>>
>>27917080
>FRLG came before DPPt and after RS though, which is what I'm talking about.
"What you're talking about" is lunacy. Who gives a shit when the remakes were released.
I'm talking about the order in which the remakes are made.

>It doesn't make sense to remake a Gen 4 game when the most popular region hasn't gone past Gen 3.
By this logic they should just keep remaking Gen 1 over and over.
>>
>>27917101
I'd honestly prefer a 3rd trek through kanto in 3D and with a fixed pokedex and updated mechanics. Not entirely sure if I'd like the islands again though.
>>
>>27917118

And you could still play Gameboy Games on the Advance. This is not an argument
>>
>>27917038
>calling other people retard when he is in fact the retard
>>
>>27917129
Genwun is definitely more popular, RSE sold badly because it was during Pokemon's deflation before it came back for nostalgia.
>>
>>27917155
"The order in which the remakes are made" is based on what they've done so far. There isn't any evidence whether they are going purely from a chronological standpoint or just remaking the main games in each Gen in order.
>>
>>27917272
>There isn't any evidence whether they are going purely from a chronological standpoint or just remaking the main games in each Gen in order.
What the fuck? You literally just said the same thing twice.
They remade the games in chronological order and they were the main games of each gen.
FRLG were remakes of Gen 1.
HGSS were remakes of Gen 2.
ORAS were remakes of Gen 3.

Why is /vp/ filled with absolute retards?
>>
>>27917335
ORAS were remakes of RS, not E. Between them came FRLG, so obviously both aren't the same. I'm starting to think you may have a problem.
>>
Don't see why they couldn't just release FR and LG on the Virtual Console on 3DS after Sun and Moon's been out for like 3/4 of a year
>>
>>27917388
>ORAS were remakes of RS, not E.
This has nothing to do with anything.

>Between them came FRLG, so obviously both aren't the same. I'm starting to think you may have a problem.
What the fuck are you talking about? What kind of asspull are you trying?
>>
>>27917193

Yet DP still sold more despite also suffering from popularity deflation
>>
I wonder if a remake of the 3rd version of the games will show up.

Water Blue
Body Crystal
Delta Emerald
>>
>>27917455
Chronologically the games up to DP are
>RBGY
>GSC
>RS
>FRLG
>E
>DP

They've remade RBGY in FRLG, GSC in HGSS and RS in ORAS. The following main game speaking chronologically is FRLG. Is this clear enough for you?
>>
>>27917549
>The following main game speaking chronologically is FRLG.
What the fuck are you talking about?
The following main game chronologically speaking is DPP.
Are you ACTUALLY retarded? If you are, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you.
>>
>>27917549
Clear enough to everyone that you are retarded.
>>
>>27917520
I doubt it, BW had 2 games as the third version (which weren't really a third version) and XY didn't have one. They've separated from the formula. Besides FRLG and HGSS pretty much had the same content as the third version should, beyond unique Pokemon.
>>
>>27917118
You could play Red/Blue/Yellow on a GBA, yet they got a GBA remake
>>
>>27917609
Remakes are main games though, not the main ones of the generation obviously, but they aren't spin-offs. They introduce new mechanics and are produced by the same teams.
>>
File: 1468561644091.png (612KB, 625x551px) Image search: [Google]
1468561644091.png
612KB, 625x551px
>>27917674
>Remakes are main games though
>>
>>27917674
>Remakes are main games though
lol

>They introduce new mechanics and are produced by the same teams.
They build off of the current generation's mechanics. That still has nothing to do with what gets a remake and what doesn't.
>>
>>27917717
FRLG was main games. RSE were shit. Gamefreak had to redeem themselves with the remakes. The remakes saved the franchise.
>>
>>27917723
>what gets a remake and what doesn't
The thing is, we don't know about that. Game Freak hasn't said anything at all about their future plans. That's the whole point of this thread.
>>
>>27917773
>he believes this
>>
File: Psyduck.png (39KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Psyduck.png
39KB, 250x250px
>>27916994
Maybe instead of a FRLG remake, they could make another installment in the Kanto league adventure? You can start off in Pallet town, do all the same stuff, except that you aren't Red/Blue/whoever, you're a new trainer starting your adventure in Kanto AFTER the events of FRLG. Kinda like Kanto: The Next Generation. It could be the latest installment chronologically, but you are starting in Kanto.
>>
File: releases.png (11KB, 256x506px) Image search: [Google]
releases.png
11KB, 256x506px
>>27917723
>>27917717
>>
>>27917785
This thread is about suggesting that the next remake will be of RBY with no basis.

All signs point to the next remake being of DPP.
That might not be case. We might not ever get another remake ever again, but at the moment nothing points to that being the case.
>>
>>27917844
That would be great, but kind of like what GSC did, and they couldn't remake the Team Rocket plot.
>>
>>27917844
This anon has the right idea, that's so much preferable to the idea of playing the same game again with a prettier coat of paint. Then going to Johto or something would be a plus.
>>
>>27917868
This has to be bait.
>>
>>27917885
>All signs point to the next remake being of DPP.
Please do enlighten us.
>>
>>27917951
Read the thread maybe?
>>
>>27917773
You could literally google "best selling gba games" and see that RS sold better than FRLG.
>>
>>27917868
And this official video doesn't show any of the remakes in the opening when going through each gen

Your point?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmzDL1l3Fag

Hell, later on they don't list in the remakes in each gen list

https://youtu.be/hmzDL1l3Fag?t=1m33s
>>
>>27917989
No one has posted any proof that DP are coming up next though.
>>
>>27916994

Literally all of the spergs on earth arguing in this thread

None of you little girls has any idea what GF will do.

Also every gen since gen 2 has been absolute shit and you've literally got to be autistic to truly enjoy them.
>>
>>27918063
There's no "proof" of anything, but GF recently continued the patterned of remaking the gens in order.
Stop being a fucking idiot. There's more to suggest that the next remake will be of DPP than FRLG of all things.
>>
>>27917908
There would have to be some tweaks and updates, sure, but it would still essentially be the same. Although I don't know what they would do for things like Mewtwo and the legendary birds. I guess since no NPC trainer uses them, they could technically say that they have never been caught and you can go do that.
>>27917911
Right? Imagine the game starting off with Professor Oak's successor: "Hello there, I am the new Pokémon researchers for Pallet town. My name is Professor Oak, but everyone has always called me Blue."
>>
File: 1471595808690.png (139KB, 335x450px) Image search: [Google]
1471595808690.png
139KB, 335x450px
>>27917549
HOLY SHIT I CAN'T WAIT FOR EMERALD REMAKES NEXT GEN!!!

This is you.
>>
>>27916994

Remake of a Remake is a silly idea and Pokémon Pear and Diamond remake is next.
>>
>>27917454
This. I want to play GSC and FRLG in Virtual Console and send pokémon to bank.
>>
>>27918246
>Pokémon Pear
Pokemon names based on fruit when?
>>
Pokémon Pearl and Diamond remake is next.
>>
>>27918276
Pokemon Apples and Oranges
>>
>>27918246
Why is it silly? The games are still older than DP, and the whole point of a remake is to make a game available to newer generations with updated mechanics and maybe more content. You can still play DP on current gen handhelds, and they are much more accesible as games too. Even by today's standards DP are still good on many levels.
>>
It does seem ridiculous to remake gen 1 yet again bu to be honest playing without phys/special split is a chore.
>>
>>27916994
They'll make whatever they think will make them the most money.

Same as every other remake.

Eventually they'll remake everything, probably multiple times, because it's easier to do a remake than a new gen and they still make a ton of money.

Now that I think about it, I could maybe see a future where around gen 10 or something they stop making new games entirely and just keep cycling through remakes from then on, constantly updating the older games to the new tech.
>>
>>27918345
>the game is older so it's going to get a remake!
RBY were older than RSE. Why did we get ORAS?
>You can still play DP on current gen handhelds
You could still play RBY on the GBA.
>>
>>27916994

How about no. Gen 1 has had enough fucking shilling with its games, it's remakes, callbacks to it all the time in other gens, X and Y basically being one massive callback to Kanto, getting the starters every gen... We've had enough. Let other gens get some time in the spotlight.
>>
>>27918381
>RBY were older than RSE. Why did we get ORAS?
RBY had remakes that were newer than RS. If you tried to understand my points you wouldn't say such retarded things.

>You could still play RBY on the GBA.
So you are saying that because it was true then it has to be true now? I think we can all agree that FRLG were premature remakes. In fact, a big reason why they made them was so that the Pokedex could be completed in Gen 3, now with Pokebank that's not a reason.
>>
>>27918534
>We've had enough
You might speak for the LGBT community, but not for me. I haven't had enough, so speak for yourself and the other faggots next time.
>>
>>27918552
>So you are saying that because it was true then it has to be true now?
Do you realize how hypocritical this statement is?

>If you tried to understand my points
No one can understand your points because they're retarded.
>>
>>27918606
Nice arguing m8
>>
>>27918345

I rather play Pokémon pearl and diamond remake.
>>
>>27918630
You too, friendo.
>>
>>27918276

Typing errors.
>>
The last time a proper Kanto game was made was 12 years ago. The last time we got a proper Sinnoh game was 7 years ago.
>>
>>27918673
Who cares. The only people who care about specific regions and not the actual gameplay/mechanics of the game are people who don't play the actual games aka genwunners.
>>
>>27918716
The whole point of remaking Kanto would be to have the games revamped with the new mechanics and improve on its shortcomings. Platinum is already amazing the way it is, remaking DP would be redundant beyond getting newer Pokemon or forms.
>>
>>27917472
DS was really popular among casuals.
>>
>>27918760
>The whole point of remaking Kanto would be to have the games revamped with the new mechanics and improve on its shortcomings.
Or you could make an actual new game with new Pokemon, mechanics, AND an entirely new region with a new story and locales.
Crazy, I know.
>>
>>27918673
they just put the fucking kanto in SS/HG And they just released on vitural console so you can play it on 3ds. why would anyone want remake of gen 1
>>
Regardless of whether it will be a remake or not, it's retarded to not expect us to go back to Kanto this gen.

>20th Anniversary
>Alola forms appear to be solely Kantomons--go to Kanto to catch the Kantomons (and maybe even Kanto forms of Alola mons?)
>Plot of SM is literally PC moves from Kanto to Alola
>Gen 1 Pandering
>Pokemon GO
>>
>>27918812
Which they are doing, but remaking games inbetween new regions means that they have more time to flesh the regions out while also making new games for their fans.
>>
>>27917640
>You could play Red/Blue/Yellow on a GBA, yet they got a GBA remake
They couldn't transfer pokemon to Gen III, which was a primary factor in their decision to remake the games.
>>
>>27918850
>>Plot of SM is literally PC moves from Kanto to Alola
No. It's not.
>>
>>27918845
Kanto in HGSS was shit, it was basically fanservice with no challenge or story.
>>
> red and blue
Best color goes first
>gold and silver
Best goes first
>ruby and sapphire
Ditto
>diamond and pearl
Same
>x and y
Idem, best gene is first
>sun and moon
Yet again
>black and white
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>27918958
>>>/pol/
>>
>>27918845
At this point, if they remade gen 1 with SM style graphics and gameplay changes, it would basically be a new region.

Kanto is the only region right now that can't be explored after the physical/special split.

It would also probably sell better than a DP remake would.
>>
>>27918958
Best are:
>Green
>Silver
>Sapphire
>Diamond
>White
>X
>Moon
>>
>>27918889
Oh yeah? How do you figure it's not?
>>
>>27919029
>How do you figure it's not?
That's not how it works. Try again.
>>
>>27918958
>>27919021
Y is better than X for the sole fact its retarded story makes more sense in Y.
>I WILL KILL YOU ALL WITH THIS LIFE GIVING POKEMON
Vs.
>I WILL KILL YOU ALL WITH THIS DEATH BRINGING POKEMON.
>>
The best is:
Yellow
Soul Silver
Emerald
Platinum
White 2
Y
Moon.
>>
>>27916994
>DPPt

Sorry but the most plausible projected timeline of releases is as follows since we receive remakes at an interval of 5 years(e.g. 2004: FR/LG, 2009: HG/SS 2014: OR/AS)

>2016: S/M
>2017: no game
>2018: S/M 3rd version (like platinum)
>2019: D/P remakes (also G/S/C released for VC, if not earlier, for their 20th anniversary)
>2020: no game
>2021: Gen VIII begins in time for the 25th anniversary of Pokemon
>>
>>27919124
>>2018: S/M 3rd version (like platinum)
just for clarification, by the I mean I predict it'll release like Platinum, which is before the remakes as opposed to after as in Emerald to FR/LG.
>>
>>27919091
I'm talking about the naming, not the actual content. There is no doubt about red being less faggy than blue or gold being better than silver in any culture. Nice pali btw.
>>
I absolutely agree OP
Kanto should be next in-line for remakes. The region is incredibly outdated and doesn't even have a proper Champion like every other region outside of both Red and Blue showing up.
I want to see Kanto get a complete makeover and get a brand new story that ties into the original. Blue can be the Champion and Red is off being a recluse like usual. Maybe reverse GS where you can go to Johto in the postgame and earn the right to take on Lance too.
>>
>>27918067
>Also every gen since gen 2 has been absolute shit and you've literally got to be autistic to truly enjoy them.
>gen 2 and 2
>good

Speaking of autistic
>>
>>27919365
>doesn't have a proper champion except for these proper champions
(You)
>>
>>27919549
Even then Lance is technically Kanto's champion
>>
>>27917101
Nah. The GO crowd doesn't own 3DS's. ORAS sold about the same as FRLG, and XY were the worst selling games (aside from remakes/3rd versions). I'd bet a second remake of RGBY would sell about as well as FRLG did to begin with. Which is still probably more than DP, though, but I just don't think it'd be the GO crowd.
>>
>>27919549
I meant in the sense that Kanto should have 1 distinct character that is Champion officially but I'm fine if they want Red and Blue to share forever
>>27919563
I disagree with this. He's from Johto and should be Champion of Johto specifically. This is part of why the games need sequel-remakes; the two regions need to separate their leagues.
>>
>>27918995

It wouldn't, most people couldn't care less about a remake, let alone Gen 1 again

Hell, ORAS sold better than both FRLG and HGSS simply because it wasn't Kanto again
>>
>>27919715
As we last saw him, he was Indigo Plateau, so he IS the Champion of Kanto and Johto.

I agree that they should be separated, so a sequel could fix that
>>
They should take advantage of the huge nostalgia awakened by pokemon Go by releasing pokemon red/blue/green 3DS
>>
>>27919068
So all the in-game information saying you're from Kanto, the trailers having the boy move to Hawaii from Japan...that's what exactly?
>>
>>27916994
It seemed that they were barely interested in doing a Hoenn remake, so I honestly think that it's not a guarantee that we'll get a new remake of DP or Fire Red, or anything for that matter.
>>
>>27919885
>So all the in-game information saying you're from Kanto
This doesn't exist.
>>
>>27918958
>Blue
Too basic to be anything other than subjective, so I feel there's no wrong choice.
>Silver
It just feels right in systems where silver is above bronze.
>Sapphire
Blue gems are classier than red gems
I'll give you Diamond but I got Pearl to stick with my pattern
>White
Self-explanatory.
>Y
Girls are cuter than boys
>Moon. Warm summer nights with moonlight far superior to hot summer days.
>>
>>27920412
>>Y
>Girls are cuter than boys
Uh.. Anon
>>
>>27918766
I think it's the 2nd highest selling/grossing gaming device out there
>>
>>27918534
Fucking this. Kanto has been in TEN games, XY was filled to the brim with gen 1 pandering, SM will have gen 1 pandering, enough already. Gen 1 is the worst gen yet it gets the most dick sucking, I'm sick of it.
>>
>>27918766
This, if instead of comparing raw numbers you compare the percentages each game sold based on their handheld RSE isn't the worst while DPPt drops to hell.
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.