[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Mata matas are strictly aquatic creatures >Turtonator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: 1312915044363.jpg (71KB, 559x598px) Image search: [Google]
1312915044363.jpg
71KB, 559x598px
>Mata matas are strictly aquatic creatures
>Turtonator is Fire/Dragon
>>
>I don't know about dragon fruit xD
>>
>>27910420
>dragon fruit
>literally grasping at straws to justify why it's a dragon type
>>
It has tarrasque elements with its design as well.
>>
>it's an aquatic creature, so it has to be water-type

I bet you're fun at parties
>>
>>27910404
Why does it matter?
>>
File: Sugimori_618.png (52KB, 350x209px) Image search: [Google]
Sugimori_618.png
52KB, 350x209px
>>
>>27910539
>>27910558
>im gay as fuck and can't call game freak out on its bull shit

Fucking pokemon dick riders
>>
>>27910404
And they live on a volcano. Think they swim in the lava like Matamatas do water?
>>
>>27910404
>hippo are strictly aquatic creatures
>they make it a ground type
>>
>>27910584
>im gay as fuck and worry too much about creatures in a childrens game

Fucking autists
>>
>wailord can fuck a skitty
>>
>>27910584
>I'm dense as fuck, and if a pokemon isn't 1:1 like its real-life animal counterpart, there's a problem
>>
And Turtonator isn't a matamata, it's a Pokemon.
>>
>>27911075
I fail to see the problem here
>>
File: soooo.jpg (29KB, 637x225px) Image search: [Google]
soooo.jpg
29KB, 637x225px
>>
>squids are strictly aquatic creatures
>Malamar is Dark/Psychic
>>
>>27910404
>game is already infested with too many water types
>complain when they don't add more
>>
File: BPo5P.jpg (69KB, 427x699px) Image search: [Google]
BPo5P.jpg
69KB, 427x699px
>a fish digivolves into a octopus
Is gamefreak retarted?
>>
>dolphins are strictly aquatic creatures
>Kadabra is Psychic
>>
>>27910404
Why couldn't game freak stay true to the real animal like they did with the electric wielding spider or the pyromacer moth?
>>
>>27911184
Well, before we go too far down the path of sarcasm and all that, fire/water would have been an interesting take too. That said, I like thinking of Turtonator raising his snout out of a lava flow and then dragging some poor bastard in with it.
>>
>>27910584
haha mad as fuck
>>
>>27911276
>fire/water would have been an interesting take too
They probably want to keep that combination exclusive to Volcanion, since it's a legendary and all.
>>
>>27911422
The same could have been said for Fire/Dragon and Reshiram
>>
File: 1446842255346.jpg (61KB, 768x524px) Image search: [Google]
1446842255346.jpg
61KB, 768x524px
>>27910404
>suddenly /vp/ is full of master phd having anthropologists
>>
>>27910584

>calling game freak on their bullshit

>being triggered when GF doesn't follow actual biology when designing pokemon

Do you feel smarter letting us all know that? Do you think during a meeting they said "heh, fuck 'em. We'll make it a fire/dragon type"

No. They didnt. Because nobody gives a fuck that pokemon doesn't follow real life biology.
>>
>>27911441
Well, the main thing there is reshiram is old at this point, less likely to stay exclusive at this point. Meanwhile, >27911422 has a point in that volcanion is supposed to be introduced this gen-we just got spoilers from gen 6. But that all said, it would be useful for an area where geysers could occur
>>
>>27910404

>Horses are strictly not on fire creatures

>Rapidash is Fire
>>
>>27910404
>Zebras don't shoot electricity
>Zebstrika is an electric type
They can't keep getting away with this.
>>
>>27910404
>hippo pokemon
>not water type

John Gamefreak should be thrown in prison.
>>
>>27910404
>plants are not dinosaurs
>Bulbasaur
>>
>>27910404
But OP, that's what makes it great? Any other person would make a matamata a water type, but only Gamefreak would go the extra mile and turn it into a sulfuric landmine. And that's better than the norm imo.
>>
>>27911465
>retard doesn't know what an anthropologist is
>>
>this thread
I'm glad I'm not the only one tired of retards wanting all pokemon types to be exact parallels of their real counterparts. It's good to have both natural types and imaginative ones.
You have to be a literal autist to wonder why a snail isn't Bug instead of Fire/Rock in Pokemon.
>>
>owls aren't birds
>Noctowl is a regional bird
>>
>>27910404
>Implying Pokemon are direct expies of real animals.
>>
>>27910404
A Dragon typing makes a bit more sense in this case considering mata matas at least resemble dragons to a certain extent with their long necks and dragon-esque head. Hell, it's even visibly a reptile for Pete's sake unlike, say, Alola Exeggcutor.
>>
>>27910404
>crocodile and hippopotamus are amphibious
>hippowdon and krookodile are ground type you find in desert
>>
Man OP you must hate the new crab Pokemon too
>>
>>27910404
Sometime they exchange the water for aquatic creatures for lava or sand. I don't see why you're complaining that they aren't making yet more of the already bloated water type.
>>
>>27910404
>more water types

no
>>
>>27910492

>fans thinking they get to decide what a Dragon type is suppose to look like

Wew
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.