[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw sniper HA and high crit rate signature move >tfw Thousand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

File: 1471423042265.jpg (28KB, 538x538px) Image search: [Google]
1471423042265.jpg
28KB, 538x538px
>tfw sniper HA and high crit rate signature move
>tfw Thousand Arrows
How can anyone hope to compete?
>>
Tortunator?
>>
>>27909490
>every single ice move
Your owl is going to rest in PU until the end of its life stop daydreaming
>>
>>27909490
>How can anyone hope to compete?
By baing faster and having an ice move?
>>
Nobody cares about this fake, no matter how many times you post about it.
>>
>>27909528
>Change to a fire type
>Probably has high speed
:^)
>>
>>27909564
>pokemon have type resistences
Good job Anon, thanks for reminding everyone you can in fact swap to a pokemon that resists ice moves
>>
sniper? try gale wings.
>>
>>27909528
>talonflame
>every single rock move
>>
>>27909638
No problem anon, you should thank the other anons that reminded that pokemon have type weaknesses.
>>
>>27909490
Unburden + Acrobatics pls
>>
>>27909490

I've always imagined his signature move tying back to the Robin Hood motif by stealing the stat boosts from the attacked target.
>>
File: tumblr_obe8o4SdZT1v7wl5oo1_540.jpg (76KB, 540x738px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obe8o4SdZT1v7wl5oo1_540.jpg
76KB, 540x738px
Scald,Calm mind and Draining kiss is all i hope for
>>
>>27909666
There is no rock moves with priority and Talonflame have a ability giving it priority on every flying move, this is not the same as rowlett3 being another tropius with aecen more shitty ability
>>
>>27909671
>type weaknesses
A 4x weakness to a type that a lot of offensive pokemon carry for coverage
>bug/flying pokemon are perfectly viable, you just need to swap
>>
>>27909704
>that waist
It's the subtle details
>>
File: 472.png (33KB, 481x440px) Image search: [Google]
472.png
33KB, 481x440px
>>27909751
having a 4x weakness does not hinder all pokemon
breloom,Tyranitar,Gliscor,Garchomp,mega Zard Y and Talonflame all work fine even with there weaknesses

Ability=move set>typing
>>
>>27909666
Wow anon. It's almost like rock type moves are harder to come by than ice type, with no priority
>>
>>27909490
>thinking it will get thousand arrows

I bet you think ferrothorn should get spiky shield too
>>
>HOHO
>HAHA
>SHRAPNEL!
>>
>>27909751
http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/formats/ou/
Now count the number of pokemon here who have a 4x weakness to common offensive type like ice or fighting. A 4x weakness has never prevented a pokemon to be good.
>>
>>27909784
>breloom
Has acces to spore and grass/fighting is better than grass flying
>Tyranitar
Has an amazing ability and free assault vest
>Gliscor
Ground flying>>>>> Grass flying
>Garchomp
Dragon ground>>>>>>>> grass flying, and it has great stats
mega Zard Y and Talonflame> their ability alone makes them amazing, sniper isn't even that good
>>
>>27909784
>Ability=move set>typing
Don't forget stat, Weavile is one of the only good ice type because of his speed.
>>
>>27909704
Anon you're forgetting something. serene grace
>>
>>27909784
That's where the problem is, each of these mon's have a gimmick i.e. Toxic heal, sun for water types, focus sash/spore

Garchomp has 600 bst

RootHoot also just has a lot of weakness to a lot of common types
>>
File: i can into ubers.jpg (137KB, 939x851px) Image search: [Google]
i can into ubers.jpg
137KB, 939x851px
>>27909956
>
Ability and stats make or break a mon nig, typing is usually only ever an afterthought.
>>
>>27909666
I wouldn't be surprised if they added a rock-type priority move this gen just for talonflame.
>>
>>27909490
>Somewhere in the ballpark of 110 attack
>same sort of speed
>swords dance garunteed
>flying is a decent offensive type
>grass is pure shit offensively but has some good moves
Can only hope it has a way to break steel.
>>
>>27909998
Shaymin sky is a way to do it right
but i don't think it would be that good if it didn't have serene grace or seed flare

if you take away most of the attack def and spdef stats i can see it being close to rowlett
>>
>>27909998
>Ability and stats make or break a mon nig
>sniper
>starter base stats
Being pure grass has been the kiss of death for many potentially viable mons, grass flying is even worse.
>>
>>27909969
jesus christ how horrifying.
>60% burn on scald
>60% spa drop on moonblast
>>
>>27909998
>Ability and stats make or break a mon
> compares a starter with sniper (If op's wishes come true) with a legendary that has serene grace.
>>
>>27909816
>mfw ferrothorn gets spiky shield this gen and robinhoot gets thousand arrows
>>
File: FB_IMG_1471164567514.jpg (31KB, 394x790px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1471164567514.jpg
31KB, 394x790px
>>27909490
Tfw fake and will never be real
>>
File: grassflyingvsgrassfighting.png (94KB, 1701x753px) Image search: [Google]
grassflyingvsgrassfighting.png
94KB, 1701x753px
>>27909956
>grass/fighting is better than grass flying
Not really if we only talk about stab because we don't know robinhoot moovepool, grass flying give you a great neutral coverage and is only resisted by some steel type and some electric type.Meanwhile grass/fighting struggle against flying type and poison type, but is super effectif against steel.
Defensively Grass/fighting has more resistance, 6 notably the rock and dark one, but also one more weakness. Meanwhile grass/flying only has 3 resistances, one of them being a double resistance to grass but also an immunity to ground type. The type is also not weak to psychic and fairy, but has a weakness to rock.
So I wouldn't say that one type is better than another. If Robinhoot doesn't have disgusting speed, he could be a good pokemon. There was a time when Jumpluff was a good pokemon.
>>
>>27910068
Thousand arrows.

>>27910477
Stop this shitposting.
>>
Why do people forget that in viability terms the top 5 starters include two grass types. Also what's to stop it getting Gale Wings or an entirely new ability as its HA
>>
>>27910506
it's steel
resisted by steel = shit.

nevermind grass/flying is better in all other cases.
>>
>>27909528
>brings in Scizor
You stand on no ground with that argument, anon.
>>
I do hope that he got an ability/move which boosts arrow attacks when you're on fire or someone uses a fire attack on you

Because of flaming arrows
>>
>>27910506
>There was a time when Jumpluff was a good pokemon
fucking when?
>>
>>27910782
That'd be shit. Please no.
Maybe adding a burn effect to arrow moves, or making arrow moves be simultaneously the normal typing and fire.
>>
>>27910785
fastest powder user
also wasnt a bad lead in 4thgen
>>
>>27910651
>arguing a valid point
>shitposting
If nothing else, spamming this stupid ass "leak" meme is shitposting.
>>
>>27910819
Arrow move that inflicts a random status
>>
>>27909562
>>27910477
/thread
starterleakfags are on their way to becoming the new owlfags and Ballio autists
>>
>>27910860
It's Z Version and Gen 6.5 over again.
>>
>>27910718
A lot of steel type have a second type that make them neutral against either flying or grass though

>>27910785
Gen IV/V weather war, chlorophyll jumpluff could outspeed the rest of the meta in the sun, that and because it could learn sleep powder and sword dance made it able to easily set up for a stab flying gems boosted acrobatics and easily clean up team.
>>
>>27910839
>>27910860
>Mallow
>Chinese leak
Why are you still in denial?
>>
>>27909795
You're a retard, Scizor is the most used OU pokemon and Diance is everywhere even though it gets OHKO'd by Scizor everytime.

Typing doesn't mean shit, what makes a pokemon usable are stats, ability and movepool.
>>
>>27910948
>Grass owl
>Trademarks
Why are you still in denial?
>>
>>27910968
>Grass Owl
>Trademarks
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>27910899
>A lot of steel type have a second type that make them neutral against either flying or grass though
Off the top of my head here are common things that are deadstops to this.
>Heatran (big one)
>Bisharp
>Jirachi
>Klefki
>Lando-t
>Magnezone
>Skarmory (big one)
Bonus memepoints for zapdos.
>>
>>27910963
Someone fucking gets it. A pokemon can have a type like Rock/Steel, but if it's moveset, ability and stats are top tier or just really good, then it will succeed.
>>
>>27911144
rock/steel would be unironically great on something that was incredibly fast, as rock/steel still has a niggerton of things it can switch in on, but switching in on things is again only useful if its fast and can check things. Rock would help the checking part of this equation as rock is GOAT offensively.

If the owl for some reason actually gets thousand arrows its going to be UU at the worst, probably BL because UU hates birds.
>>
what's with this thousand arrows meme? the animation is literally firing out zygarde's hexagons.

best owl can hope for outside of massive pandering and special snowflake ability is either tinted lens flying moves or fighting coverage like focus blast/jump kick. i'm optimistic game freak won't fuck it massively though. also lol at all the retards pointing out

>b-but ice shard!

fucking switch out ya dingus
>>
File: kapitalism.gif (2MB, 344x315px) Image search: [Google]
kapitalism.gif
2MB, 344x315px
>>27911069
>nig nog nigginog
>We wus Kings
What did it mean with this?
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.