[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else have this thing with most of the gen 7 designs where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (2KB, 90x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2KB, 90x90px
Anyone else have this thing with most of the gen 7 designs where when you first look at it you think its kind of an ugly choice and don't like it, but the longer you look at it the more you think its pretty nice.

I haven't felt this way about other gen with new mons like I have about this. Most of these designs just grow on you.

I call this the Popplio effect.
Happened with the Sandcastle, this turtle thing. Most of the new pokemon.
>>
I completely agree.
First time I saw salandit I thought it looked retarded. But now its one of my favorites.
>>
>>27906887
I like most Pokemon designs because I'm not a fuccboi.
>>
I've liked almost all of the Gen 7 designs from the moment I saw them
>>
>>27906887
It's called denial. You want to like them because it's new and hype and it's POKEMON, but intuitively the designs don't appeal to you.

Next gen don't be surprised if you find yourself calling many of these designs shit.
>>
>>27906887
I've felt that way about 60% of designs since Gen 3. Its called Stockholm Syndrome. You'll never escape this franchise.

There have been several Gen 7 mons that I have loved right off the bat though.
>>
>>27906924
>>27906938
>you aren't allowed to enjoy things
>if you do, there's something wrong with you
nice
>>
>>27906945
Never said either of those things faggot.
>>
>>27906945
I don't even know if this is bait or if this person truly is so stupid/belligerent that they can't resist a chance to stir up shit based on something that wasn't even said.

I rarely respond to these, especially on /vp/ of all places, but I've just seen so many of these guys/kids today.
>>
>>27906986
>>27907020
I just tricked you. Hard.
>>
>>27907038
>lol gottem
>>
File: image.jpg (117KB, 540x591px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 540x591px
I loved Popplio from the beginning, but on the other hand...

I didn't care for Bruxish and Salandit at first, but they ended up growing on me. I think the same is going to happen with Turtonator.

I think once the initial shock settles in, you're able to see what the designers were intending with the design. You look at the actual animal it's based on and you can appreciate it a little more. Good fan art helps too.
>>
>>27906887

BALLIO IS KING! Can't wait the day when game freak release BALLIO! so mermaid fags can cry they ass off.
>>
>>27907038
>I was merely pretending
>>
>>27906887
No, if it something looks like shit it remains shitty. I dont hope you have the same problem with women.
>>
For me, it takes seeing them in-game to appreciate them. A low quality Corocoro leak doesn't usually do a mon justice.
>>
>>27906887
That's because the art is shit and unintuitive at a glance.
The longer the look, the more your imagination takes over in addressing the different design aspects that are otherwise poorly displayed.
>>
Ballio
>>
>>27906887
One thing though, I don't have the pooplio effect with pooplio. Only other mons. That thing is still ugly trash.
>>
File: 1467646314261.gif (3MB, 279x350px) Image search: [Google]
1467646314261.gif
3MB, 279x350px
I liked poppolio when i first saw it
then i saw poppmaid
>>
>>27906887
It's the art. It's terrible for some reason when compared with the models. What's weird is that Gen VI had the opposite thing going on, where the art of several Pokémon is better than the models.

I guess this way around is better, though, since it means that the version that you're going to spend most of your time seeing is the better one.
>>
>>27908292

same t. bh phamilia
>>
File: 1469154980226.png (125KB, 599x529px) Image search: [Google]
1469154980226.png
125KB, 599x529px
>>27907262
>I didn't care for Bruxish and Salandit at first
Bruxish did a complete turn for me, I love it now and think its adorable. And I agree, its mostly the first impact that causes a hate of the design, once it's allowed to settle down and be taken for what it is, people often grow to like them like they will with the three starter evos I know I have
>>
I liked it the first time I saw it despite the silly attempt to turn this thing into another oshawott. cute water puppy.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.