[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So its been 20 hours since the miracle didn't happen, for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 11

File: 66d.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
66d.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
So its been 20 hours since the miracle didn't happen, for those who were invested in the league , how are you faring?

I'm gradually feeling a bit better myself, but that loss hit hard, even though a part of me knew it would happen

(Since its bound to happen, ignore the I TOLD YOU SO guys who want to rub their victory in our faces)
>>
still pissed i hope we at least get serena in alola but i know that wont happen
>>
>>27905444
I'm feeling pretty good. People like you have been crying ever since. It feels great to see you get what was coming to you. Maybe don't act like an obnoxious piece of shit next time.
>>
I'll keep watching for closure, but my hope is dead
>>
It's pretty predictable on what happens next though (if the rematch does happen).
>>
>>27905444
I'm over it. I'm disappointed he didn't win and it really did seem the perfect time to do it, they'd get the media boost but still not have to mess with the formula because he'd be going to Alola anyway.

Its not the end of the world though.
>>
>>27905477
I never acted obnoxious about it myself, ive just wanted to see Ash win once
>>
I didn't watch the Anime since DP but I was hoping he would win the league. I was pissed that they pulled some cliche ending
>>
Been drinking and sleeping a lot, hopefully I stop soon
>>
>>27905522
I'm sorta the opposite, Havent slept at all,crushing depression due to that and my chronic back pain
>>
I'm not getting over the episode because episode was atrocious and it retroactively ruined the whole series because all the arcs and themes got dropped for lol loss.

I don't feel that bad, though. I wasn't here for the league. I generally watch the anime, so it's just a delay. But this ep was worse than the B/W losing battle. Terrible.
Can't knock down the whole league because of the pretty great battle with Shota, tho.

But remember: this ep will never go away. The more time passes, the more it'll stick out as a worse cop out than Tobias. Enjoy the rest of your day anon.
>>
>>27905444
Eh, ready to move on. It was a shitty feeling, but I dropped it after the BS in the DP league and I'm dropping for good after this one. I've accepted that Ash truly won't ever win and that we truly never will get another protag. XY was a mostly fun ride, but I'm getting off with no intention of getting back on. Sticking to the games.
>>
File: Ow_the_edge.jpg (38KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
Ow_the_edge.jpg
38KB, 400x366px
>>27905477
>>
>>27905477
>*tips*
>>
>>27905444
I dont watch this shit, but what if the guy that beat Ash somehow got hurt fighting team Flare and Zygarde and become unable to compete. Wouldn't Ash become the defacto contender?
>>
File: image.png (83KB, 334x252px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
83KB, 334x252px
Still pretty bummed, I hadn't been this excited for an episode of Pokemon since it aired on Kids WB.

It's a little annoying that people who don't even watch the anime get to harp on about Ash's loss and how the status quo never changes. If you actually watched up to the last fight, you'd see that Ash was completely unlike he had ever been, I think the best example was when he was challenged by the dude with no badges, he was honestly impressive. Everything truly was setting up for an Ash victory, which makes the loss hurt even more.

Of course this means Serena is leaving so Kaloshipping is also dead, which is another stab to the heart. I really enjoyed XYZ but knowing how it ends just makes me feel regretful for ever thinking something different would actually happen.
>>
>>27905444
So what would make you guys happy?
redo the episode? charizard cheated?
>>
>>27905610
It's over already, Alan forfeiting the trophy wouldn't count
>>
File: 1375576431468.png (345KB, 727x720px) Image search: [Google]
1375576431468.png
345KB, 727x720px
I'm actually kind of happy now to be honest. I've finally awakened from my delusional state of thinking that the show had actually changed, that it was building towards something special for the 20th anniversary. Now I can drop this show for good with no regrets.
>>
File: 1422912122008.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1422912122008.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
Hadn't watched since Hoenn, and today's episode tittle (which got leaked around a month ago), was suggestive enough to trick me into watching the league. The result was a bit upsetting, but nothing crazy.
I am a lot more curious about the effect this whole thing had. I'm pretty sure ratings will suffer greatly, although i think SM sales will be fine, since those are still 2/3 months away.
>>
>>27905632
Wait so Alan is champion? I thought that he had to fight the E4 and the Champion after the tournament in order to be considered champion. I don't understand how this shit works in the anime, I was just trying to give hope to ashfags
>>
>>27905631

Have it be exactly the same, but Charizard falls first. That's literally it. Have it be close enough that it's clear it could have gone either way, that Ash still has room to improve if he really wants to surpass Alan, but actually let him win so that there can be a satisfying conclusion to Ash's arc throughout the season.

Then let him take a celebratory vacation to Alola after helping Alan defeat Team Flare, where he inevitably gets caught up in the trials thanks to his innately competitive nature.
>>
>>27905551
I never thought I'd see something worse than Tobias, but this was just silly.

I mean, Tobias existing was kind of an asspull, but the actual battle was basically just Ash doing remarkably well against an opponent he had no chance to beat. It sucked, but it was a way of having Ash lose while also making him look strong.

The Alain battle on the other hand was one that looked like Ash could win, and then just...didn't. Zard and Greninja weren't even fighting as hard as Sceptile and Greninja had in the previous battle, it kind of looked like things were starting to build up and then Greninja just kind of fell over and the episode ended.
>>
Will the animators try to fix this? Or is there some sort of retarded Japanese tradition that will stop them?
>>
>>27905682

In the anime winning the league is what gives you the right to challenge the Elite 4 and eventually (if you defeat them) the Champion. You don't need to fight them immediately, but winning is what gives you the invitation to challenge them formally.
>>
>>27905634
>Of course this means Serena is leaving so Kaloshipping
this is the only sensible ting. Time to drop this shit show until they change protags
>>
>>27905631
I would have been happy with Ash winning and that was it. Yes they probably still would have had him do shit in Alola and beyond, but at least I would have had that closure. They're probably gonna have him beat the fucker in a rematch but because it isn't the League nobody will give a shit.

So nothing would, really. This was their chance to make a lot of fans hyped and they dropped the ball. Oh well.
>>
>>27905698
Had a stroke.
>>
>>27905444
I was always on alains side
But i will admit i had my doubts
"Is ash actually gonna win"
>>
>>27905702
Japs literally don't care. They want Ash to be a loser cuz it fits wit their narrative and god forbid if they ever change things up
>>
>>27905698

I'm sorry, how can you seriously think Zard would lose to any Greninja when he doesn't even faint to a Primal Groudon?

Ash sealed his fate when he convinced Alain to fight.
>>
>>27905734
Apparently (and dont quote me on this because I didn't check myself) aside from Japs in general complaining about this on twitter even one of the head animators got in on it

Not that it'll change anything
>>
File: 1470420698181.jpg (67KB, 400x425px) Image search: [Google]
1470420698181.jpg
67KB, 400x425px
>>27905477
>>
>>27905698

>Zard and Greninja weren't even fighting as hard as Sceptile and Greninja had in the previous battle

Yeah, that's cause Zard X is several leagues above Greninja and Sceptile. The fucker eats Mega's for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and occasionally has an extra helping of legendaries for fucking kicks.
>>
>>27905444
It was mostly the build up that got me. I had doubts but god damn did it feel cheap when it happen.
>>27905477
you guys were acting just as obnoxious too.
>>
Ash winning the league is like Trump winning the election.
>>
>>27905444
>Four Pokemon left vs One Pokemon left
Holy crap guys, Ash definitely has this in the bag. Wow Alain got rekt here.
>>
>>27905734
Why are japs so weird?
>>
That shit was tragic disappoint to fans. Ratings for the Alola anime series will be shit
>>
File: 1470178003418.jpg (14KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1470178003418.jpg
14KB, 255x255px
>>27905768
Dude epic analogy! Epic win! +1 upvoted
>>
>>27905761

Could Alain beat Diantha?
>>
>>27905444
>So its been 20 hours
More like 20 years
>>
>>27905711
By the time that happens, you'll be old enough to post here.
>>
>>27905768
I feel bad for you americans. Your stuck between two losers and no third option.
>>
>>27905768
>>
>>27905795
Ash Greninja has Mega Gardevoir on the ropes before he almost died, so most likely with ease.
>>
>>27905805
no but my kids probably will be. What a shit show. even as a child I knew ash was shit
>>
>>27905647
>>I am a lot more curious about the effect this whole thing had
Judging by the initial Twitter outrage I imagine this will affect the shows rating in Japan for a while. Kids will still watch it of course, but the people who predominantly buy the merch are the ones who were pissed off the most, so this could spell rough waters, but not that rough since it's fucking Pokemon.
As >>27905714 puts it, I doubt anything can truly make up for this. Even if Ash somehow wins the next League, THIS was the one that mattered, even if Ash takes out Team Flare, it ultimately doesn't mean anything for Ash's career as a Pokemon Trainer, and anything else after this will just be viewed as some vain attempt to get viewers back.
>>
>>27905705
Ash will fight Malva and have a rematch with Diantha. That's why winning the league is so pointless when Ash gets to fight E4 members and champions all the time.
>>
File: 1470178003418.png (37KB, 255x255px)
1470178003418.png
37KB, 255x255px
>>27905809
>>27905824
reiterating
>>
>>27905809
McMullin will win once the CIA assasinates Chump just like they did with Scalia. A natural and flawless death.
>>
>>27905768
>Ash should've won, but writers rigged a shitty defeat just to get rid of him
desu this anon's right
They won't let Trump win
>>
>>27905698
>Tobias

That takes me back to the same shitty day six years ago.

Ash beats legends and conquers the Battle Frontier with his reserves, comes back to the league in Sinnoh. He's given a really tough rival like Paul obsessed with levels and strategy, wasn't even a rookie since he had an old ass Torterra, both Paul and his brother got chumped by Pyramid King Brandon but at least got 6/7 symbols.

Ash in the Sinnoh league brings back old mons like the Battle Frontier, there's hope. Beats Paul with regional team. A kid with a Darkrai, no problem, Ash still has his powerhouse reserves and knows how to fight legends now. Probably 1 Darkrai + 5 shitmons as appetizers. BW anime protags being teased at the end of the episodes, might not necessarily include Ash I'm thinking.

Tobias completely rapes, Latios follows Darkrai, it wasn't even close. Ash even turned around his hat for the first time in forever and it changed nothing. Iris and Ash show up at the end of the ep in a new season preview, D/P had two episodes left. The universe send a big fuck you to Ash, he was cursed.
>>
>>27905795
Yes. With ease. He's fucking curbstomped most of the E4 with ease.

The ONLY time Zard X has ever fainted was after taking:
>Skull Bash
From a Blastoise, and

>Dragon Pulse
>Power-Up Punch
>Hydro Pump
>Dragon Pulse
From what is probably the strongest Mega Blastoise.

Even Precipice Blade from fucking Primal Groudon didn't knock Charizard X out.

Zard X could definitely take Diantha, and there's NO way he would lose to a fucking Greninja.
>>
File: waiting.jpg (67KB, 630x399px)
waiting.jpg
67KB, 630x399px
>>27905444

I'm just tired. Tired of hoping. Its not the fact that Ash didn't win that stings the most is that this was the season where Ash pretty much did everything right, worked his ass off and STILL came up short. That's really crushing. I get that he's in this perpetual cycle of "I may have lost but I'll just keep getting better and better cause I'm Ash and nothing will bother me cause this is fun!" but they really pulled the rug from a lot of people. The only truly satisfying things that Ash has done that mattered were beating Gary, beating Paul and beating the Battle Frontier but those still aren't league wins.

I really want to know why writers consider losing to be more of a motivator than winning. If that's the case then shouldn't Alan have lost? Since he won he pretty much learned jack shit about humility and strength.
>>
>>27905444
I amm not watching the anime since hoenn, i wonder why they put effort to do a decent series this time around (at least thats what i've heard, and judging by random clips ive seen i guess you are right) if the outcome ended up being the same. If they only care about the kid audience xy series could have been shit like bw, at least you all wouldnt be so mad. It was the perfect time to let ash win since hes the only trainer in the world that can "fuse" with his pokemon that we know of and there wont be gyms in the next region so the league will probably be different. They even give the toad a dbz move, all for nothing.
>>
>>27906100
is that...official dub music?
>>
Ash is stronger than Alan anyway if he went all-out and didn't use his shitty Kalos team. The guy beat the Battle Frontier.
>>
>>27905444
I'm actually dissapointing to hear he lost, though charizard won I want kids to have a new pokemon MC now. It's time ash/Satoshi hang his hat and move on. Really they should move on from pikachu, he's the only reason ash has relavence in the first place.
>>
>>27906166
Yes
>>
>>27906166
I wish
>>
>>27906176
>Ash is stronger than Alan anyway if he went all-out and didn't use his shitty Kalos team
Yeah, if Ash had called in his good pokemon, he probably would have won.

>>27906178
>Really they should move on from pikachu
He's the only reason Ash even stood half a chance in this battle.
>>
>>27905756
Link or pic to the twitter?
>>
>>27905756
It should does the episode writer/director have a twitter cause this was a curveball
>>
>>27906272
Nah, like I said I didn't look it up myself, but some anons posted screencaps
>>
File: disgusting faggot.png (605KB, 1148x584px)
disgusting faggot.png
605KB, 1148x584px
>IT'S DANCING TIME
I thought I hated this guy in the fucking games, but seeing him animated on screen is the most awful abomination I've ever beheld. I hope the intern who thought this shit up got fucking raped.
>>
>>27905745
This. You faggots are delusional.
>>
>getting invested on something you already know the outcome

Top Cuck.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.