[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else is exited about the IV training on Pokemon Sun and Moon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IV training.jpg (143KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
IV training.jpg
143KB, 600x300px
Who else is exited about the IV training on Pokemon Sun and Moon? When I started wanting to play competitive the game lost all the magic it had, no more catching that wild Pokemon, no more battles of the same level to train your Pokemon, can't use the Pokemon I used to pass the game with, etc...

The game simply became me hatching 5 eggs and talking to a guy to see if he is good enough for competitive and if they are not just throw them on the PC for future wonder trade or release them. If they make so you can make your starter and the other Pokemon you caught good for competitive this next will become the best Pokemon game in the series. The only thing that could beat it is that you could change its nature by making the Pokemon do certain things.

How can someone possibly hate this?
>>
You're forgetting about hidden abilities too.

There is a BP item that can change abilities but not to a secret one.
>>
>>27899230
>tfw you can finally do something about those shitty IV shiny Pokemon.
>tfw can finally fix those previous generation legendaries.
It will also creates less incentive to cheat so it's a great added feature.
>>
They really should just make it so you can make any caught wild pokemon competitively viable as long as you put enough time into it.

This is probably the best way to do it, logically speaking if you can get a pokemon to level 100 then it should able to overcome personal problems like shitty IVs through the power of friendship and shit. Maybe make it so you can change natures if you bond enough (Max friendship + affinity)
>>
>>27899408
Just thinking I can make that rowlett I get in the beginning of the game viable in competitive excites me a lot.
>>
>>27899305
You can catch pokemons with hidden abilites with the dexnav. I hope they include something similiar tho.
>>
It takes more than perfect IVs to make a pokemon competitively viable.
>>
>>27900030
Like what?

If I capture a pokemon, reach lvl 100, use bottle caps 31 iv in all, train him on EVs, remind him some movements it could stand vs any perfect inbreed pokemon depending on how well planed it is.
>>
>>27900127
>Natures
They play a bigger role than you might expect, and you won't have access to some egg moves but egg moves aren't a necessity if you can find suitable replacements.
>>
>>27900127
Not really, some Pokemon need bred moves, plus you always need the right nature and ability.
>>
>>27900127
>31 in everything
>Special trick room guy
>31 attack and speed

Ya blew it

That said, I hope you can zero them out too
>>
>>27899408

If they keep dexnav in it's golden.

I can usually find a 3+ perfect iv mon in about 25 encounters. Natures are easy to get and the dexnav tells you if you got the hidden ability or not.
>>
>>27901287
People have been bitching about this, and I'm not trying to dash your hopes, but thats for such niche shit that no one cares about, I and many others do not care if it is a feature or not. Trick Room is fucking piss anyway.
>>
File: 1454906395772.gif (2MB, 250x205px) Image search: [Google]
1454906395772.gif
2MB, 250x205px
>>27899230
I never play competitive and never even got a pokemon to level 100. This is worthless to me. Every pokemon is literally the same now. Every pokemon is worthless. This is why I never hated injecting. All they had to do was mark a pokemon as injected or "perfect" to differentiate it from an unmodified one. I hope IV training get a medal or something to tell them apart from one that is not edited.

They just made injecting worse by not only validating it but creating a more cumbersome method.

I have nothing against good competitive players but I hate players who are shit at competitive and just want their "bro" to be uber. I'm talking about the "give my favorite pokemon 100+ BST, wonder guard, and Mew's movepool" type. There is nothing else to blame for this but the anime for brainwashing kids into thinking that the only thing that matters between winning and losing is friendship.

Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps are not regular guys who worked really hard and became the best. They are genetic mutants that worked really hard and became the best.

So do I hate Hyper Training? Yes. It single handedly brings down competitive play and makes all pokemon nothing more than ones and zeros to be edited at will.

Everything else about SM is perfect though and I'm getting both versions.
>>
>>27903694
>Every pokemon is literally the same now.

yeah maybe if you pretend species, nature, evs, moveset, abilities, and gender don't exist. You know, actual meaningful values instead of arbitrary digits that only exist to add a timesink before actually playing the game.

IVs never should have existed.
>>
>>27903694
Considering the fact that the only obstacle to breeding perfect IVs before was time, I don't think this will "bring down" competitive play. Anyone who plays competitive before would have sunk the time into getting perfect IVs on NU-tier pokemon if they wanted to before. This changes nothing, really.
>>
>>27903694
Every pokemon is literally the same if you're battling competitively. If you're not going to battle competitively, you're not going to use the feature.

Did you even think about what you said?

This has nothing to do with "muh viable bro." This is an ingame method to make your bro reach its max potential. As if there's anything wrong with that. People always complain about "muh individuality" when in reality there aren't going to be instances where kids are sitting together all comparing their lv. 100 sawbucks stats.

Kids don't pay attention to stats. They don't care. This is a feature for seasoned players who want to compete competitively without breeding egg after egg.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.