[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>If ever Ash won, then the anime would be over Someone explain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: torkoal jumps into water.gif (2MB, 333x249px) Image search: [Google]
torkoal jumps into water.gif
2MB, 333x249px
>If ever Ash won, then the anime would be over

Someone explain this logic to me. Because this would be the equivalent to beating the champ in one of the games, and never playing again, just because you beat the champ of ONE REGION.
>>
you are supposed to defend your title.
>>
>Why did Brock never hook up with Nurse Joy?
>Why don't we see Ash's old Pokemon more regularly?
>Why does Team Rocket never catch Pikachu?
>Why is Ash still 10 years old?!?!
>>
>>27891160
The thing is that in the anime, once you become the champion of the Pokemon League, you're qualified to challenge the Elite Four or Champion's League.

They could've had Ash win the league, get his trophy, and then lose to the Elite Four.
>>
>>27891160
which, in the anime, is an annual thing. And means someone has to get past the rest of the Elite Four of the region, and a whole bunch of others, no?
>>
>>27891223
They keep using his old pokemon for intros and flashbacks

Ash is 10 because the writers are hacks. Someone did the math for the series, and by BW he should've been AT LEAST 14
>>
>>27891128
out of touch old japanese writers who want this to drag on because it gives them money

you know ashs adventures was supposed to end at the mewtwo movie but they changed their minds when they found out pokemon was getting mainstream so they decided to drag it on

i kid you not theres even an original trailer with misty and ashs kid
>>
>>27891815
Wait really?
>>
>>27891128
What's worse is with the Alola region's supposed new plot involving establishing a new league, I think the Kalos league would've been the perfect time for Ash to have won it. He could've then moved on to try to start a new league in Alola as his next step. Great alternative to introducing a new starring protagonist, too. Oh well.
>>
>>27891815
>i kid you not theres even an original trailer with misty and ashs kid
Oh look it's this meme again
>>
>>27891927
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EeN-DuL72Q
>>
Why is it just the Pokemon anime that seems to have remain stunted this way, unlike its sorta-relatives Yu-Gi-Oh and Digimon that have shaken things up with new protagonists or by allowing their old ones to age?
>>
>>27891247
This. Seriously why couldn't they have just done this?
>>
>>27891434
Source?
>>
>>27891128
I really want to know which episode Torkoal jumps into the water. This gif is too funny.
>>
>>27892056
??????
>>
It's not that if Ash wins he gives up

It's if Ash wins, there is no drama for the next region as he will cake walk the gyms as he has uber battle hardened pokes that even he wouldn't be thick enough to send to Prof Oak
>>
>>27892123
Of course he would still send them back. Why wouldn't he? He wants to start over anew and have a challenge.
>>
>>27892077
because nintendo is full of braindead old japs who stubbornly refuse change and would rather see everything crash and burn than change anything that was established in the 80's-90's.
>>
>>27891128
I thought torkoal was based on a tortoise, not a turtle.
>>
>>27891128

Yeah. beating a region champion doesn't make you the champion of the World.
>>
>>27892123
He's gonna send them to Oak bub. He tries to only use the pokemon he catches there other than Pikachu because of the longtime bond between them. The only other one I could see him taking with him is Greninja because of their bond.
>>
>>27892196
That's why he sinks
>>
>>27892123
except by that logic he should already curbstomp everything, since he's beaten tons of gym leaders, gone to many leagues' finals, hell he's fought legendaries in his travels.

by all rights, if ash were to keep his knowledge and experience even with a brand new team he would be unstoppable. the only reason he isn't is because every new season he is reset to beginner-level and loses all his battle experience. and his pikachu goes back to level 1.
>>
>>27892101
Ep. 369: Clamperl of Wisdom
>>
>>27891247
or he could say something idiotic like
"I'm not ready yet; I can still get much much stronger"

There really is no good excuse as to why he lost
>>
This is getting ridiculous now. Red won the championship first go in the manga and they just dound other shit for him to do. He needs to beat the fucking league and then either have a new protagonist or do somehting else. Its like having Gon fail the Hunter Exam over and over again.
>>
>>27892123

Just put him against harder and harder foes. That's most shonen do and Pokemon has plenty of room for it. The writers are just lazy hacks.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 661x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 661x720px
Y'know what they should have done? Made him win and when someone says "You are now the Kalis League Champion" he could have said something like "I'd like to relinquish my role as champion to Alain." All would have been well and he could then be like "I've beat the league. I think I'll take a break now" leading into Sun and Moon
>>
>>27893692

>149 action packed episodes of gon failing the exam repeatedly

oh god
oh god
>>
File: 44b.png (233KB, 378x378px) Image search: [Google]
44b.png
233KB, 378x378px
>Ash's goal is to be the Pokemon Master
>He somehow becomes the master by winning one fucking league compared 6 he's lost
>>
>>27891128
Been wondering about that myself a lot today. Doesn't make sense.
>>
>>27892077
Well seeing as both of those series have drastically dropped in popularity compared to their haydays Pokemon probably feels like its doing something right then.
>>
>>27891160
>>27891248
It would be pretty cool to have Ash called back to a previous region to defend his title. Watching the matches as the tournament progressed, warming up his own team for the title bout, wondering if he can actually stay champion.

I mean, shit, look at the Rocky movies. Winning doesn't have to be the end.
>>
>>27892056
I hate this meme so much.
>>
>>27892260
I think Greninja's fate is cemented after this episode. He's going to Oak lab.

I was thinking he was going to keep him both because of the bond thing and how popular the frog is, but after not even having him have a decent battle (I'm not even talking about winning here, just having an exciting and worthy battle for all the hype), he's done for.
>>
>>27891128
>If ever Ash won, then the anime would be over

That's literally Ash's dream/ultimate goal in life - to become a league champion. Not getting as many champion titles as he can, just being the champion once. If that happened, surely he could try to find a new goal but it'd pale in comparisson. He will never win the league, TR will never be successful, Pikachu will never evolve, Ash will never age - these will go on like this as long as the anime will exist. It's a children's show primarily and worked like this always and will definitely work like this for the next regions too. If the anime would ever near it's end, that's when Ash will have the chance to finally be victorious over the childish plot that led to the present.
>>
>>27894306
He never uses the term League Champion to talk about his dreams. He uses Pokémon Master.

And even then, winning a league does not make you the Champion. We've seen Elite 4 members before (and at least some were stated to be Pokémon Masters) and none were dethroned by someone winning the league. It's heavily implied that is just a first step towwards being a Pokémon Master.
>>
The execs are retarded.
>>
>>27891128
You know, this makes me think: How will this work out for Ash in Alola?

Also, did Torkoal just die
>>
>>27895201
It'll work just like the Battle Frontier

He'll beat whoever the fuck you're supposed to beat after doing all the trials and the kahunas, get offered a spot or something, and he'll decline.
>>
>>27895570
The sad thing is, I can see this happening
>>
>>27894306
But you're wrong. It's like saying that because Captain America saved the day today, his story is over. Like saying because Mickey Mouse defeated Pete today and won Minnie, there won't be anymore Mickey shorts. Hell, it's like saying because you graduated from school/college, you can retire and live the rest of your life doing nothing.

Besides, if they truly had the "only a children's show" mentality, they wouldn't have any problem with resetting Ash back to beginner next season even after winning the league. Kids don't give a fuck about long plots like that.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.