[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My personal ranking of leagues from best to worst 1.Johto League

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

My personal ranking of leagues from best to worst

1.Johto League
+We could watch all Ash games
+Ash vs Gary happening at least in an epic way
+Some interesting rivals
+Ash not losing in a wtf way
+Diversity of Pokemon
-Some random stuff like Kingler getting KO'd by Voltorbs

2. Hoenn League
+Most 6 vs 6 games (3 games)
+Some interesting preliminary games; we could watch all of them
+Interesting rivals
+Glalie rampage
-Losing against a freaking Meowth
-Hoenn team wasn't fully developed at all (still not Sceptile)

3.Sinnoh League
+Most important league regarding strategy and abilities
+Ash vs Paul has been best battle ever
+Some interesting preliminary games
-Missed some tournament games (that Snorlax Hyper Beaming in round 2)
-Sinnoh team battling only in one battle, rest of it was Hoennfest
-FUCKING TOBIAS AND HIS FUCKING LEGENDARY POKEMON

4.Kalos League
+Interesting rivals
+Great Pokemon (Greninja)
+Pikachu being the level 100 rat it is supposed to be
+Ash reaching the final and not losing against some wtf stuff
-Too rushed; we freaking saw Ash first complete game in semifinals
-Too short
-Sometimes Ash opponents were more important than Ash
-Basically, Kalos League = 2 games

5.Kanto League
+First league, magic moments like that Kingler rampage
+Bellsprout; Muk
-No 6 vs 6 battles
-Ash vs Ritchie was fucking retard
-We missed entire round 2 and almost round 3

6. Unova League
+Diversity of Pokemon used by Ash
-Main rival was beaten in round 1, in freaking 1 vs 1, wasted potential
-Missed some rounds; previous rounds were basically that 1 vs 1, and the 3 vs 3 against Stephan
-Entire Ash vs Cameron; losing against a noob who was only using 5 Pokemon 'cause he thought it was 5 vs 5
-Only one 6 vs 6 and was that Ash vs Cameron bullshit
-Sense of regression compared to previous leagues
>>
>>27891115
might want to add the most anti climatic ending to the kalos one.

Also
>ohko moves
the writers should kill themselves
>>
>>27891115
>Ash vs Gary happening at least in an epic way

This was one of the best anime moments.

It should have been the finale of Ash travels, with an epilogue where Jimmy finds him on Mt. Silver and challenges Ash.

Letting Advanced be Advanced in full force with Brendan, May and Wally being the new protags.
>>
OP here. I would have ranked Kalos League higher (despise how now everybody hates Greninja).

Kalos League has had two awesome 6 vs 6 games for me. But it was too rushed, and it was simplified into that. No previous rounds. Ash directly started in semifinals, which was his previous record in other leagues.

I would have loved to watch complete Ash vs Ayaka, vs Altaria guy, and vs random r2 guy. Even if these battles lasted 2 minutes because Greninja was rampaging
>>
>>27891115
>-Losing against a freaking Meowth
Fuck off, why do you justify pikachu being good then?
>>
File: 1470694596070.jpg (31KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1470694596070.jpg
31KB, 601x508px
>>27891670
Fuck you, it's ok when Ash does it REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27891115
>+Ash vs Gary happening at least in an epic way
What's soured that match for me on reflection is how it really doesn't make Ash look that good in comparison to Gary. People are saying now things like Goodra jobbed and Talonflame jobbed, but half of Ash's team are really useless. Tauros, Bayleef, and Muk get no effective offense in, their attacks are all either dodged, intercepted or deflected. Heracross gets a good win, but the rest of Ash's victory just comes from Snorlax and Charizard sweeping Gary's team.
>>
Not bad OP my ranking is
1. Sinnoh
2. Johto
3. Hoenn
4. Kalos
5. Kanto
6. Unova
>>
>>27891115
>>27893668
By the way, I think my personal rankings would be:

>Hoenn
>Johto
>Kalos
>Sinnoh
>Kanto
>Unova
>>
This one gif is better than all of those put together, honestly.
>>
>>27893821
This
>>
>>27893821
A man of impeccable taste, I see.
>>
File: image.png (432KB, 634x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
432KB, 634x470px
>>27891115
>Kanto below Kalos
>>
>>27891670
>random Puss in Boots
>decide to make it OP
This is not okay
>>
File: 1405539928908.gif (272KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1405539928908.gif
272KB, 256x192px
>>27894223
>Kanto above Kalos
The Sawyer fight alone puts it above all of Kanto
>>
>>27891115
>someone somewhere actually liked Johto

Blows my mind.
>>
>>27893821
This, people complain about Tobias but at least it was an interesting fight that's never been done before.

Going up against a near-unstoppable force and actually taking it down is pretty great.
>>
>>27894223
>genwunner
You can fuck back off to Kanto with your No Sleep Clause.
>>
>>27894470
>>27894598
The fight with Alain was so bad nothing can redeem the league
>>
>>27893821

Good taste, the whole hopeless boss fight thing may have killed my hopes of him advancing, but he did exceedingly well KOing not just one, but two legendary Pokemon. Nobody else even came close.

Watching him accept his fate but still send Pikachu out with the full intention of trying to win was some great stuff, said a lot more about his character than any of the shit that happened in Kalos.
>>
>>27894083
>edgy 'fuck new pokemon dragonite ftw' battle

nahhhh
>>
>>27891115
>liking Johto at all
It was by far the most dull season of the anime and was one of the few things that killed Pokemania. It's amazing that it was liked by anyone.
>>
File: 1288713874704.png (628KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1288713874704.png
628KB, 500x500px
>>27891115
>+Great Pokemon (Greninja)
Reminder that he jobbed the hardest out of everyone else.
>>
>Kalos
>literally taking ideas from fucking Digimon
>good

Jesus Christ

what's next? Ash syncrosummoning XYZ Charizard Cannon?
>>
>>27895017
>>literally taking ideas from fucking Digimon
I'm up for a laugh.
What did they take from Digimon?
>>
File: Biomerge2.jpg (30KB, 362x542px) Image search: [Google]
Biomerge2.jpg
30KB, 362x542px
>>27895052
the idea of fusion with the owner

totally never saw it before
>>
>>27895160
>Matrix Evolution is the same as the Bond Phenomenon
I was right, this is funny.
Thanks for showing that you know nothing of either.
>>
>>27895160
Okay no.
For starters Ash Greninja isn't a fusion.
Secondly no Digimon evolution has ever taken on traits from the tamer. At most you have the DLC Agumon from Cyber Sleuth.
>>
>>27891115
>-Some random stuff like Kingler getting KO'd by Voltorbs

Fucking bullshit writing just to give Squirtle a come back meant Kingler is now a permacrock. Poor guy hasn't battled since.
>>
>>27895262
So, just because it has obviously a different name? The similarities are there and obviously abundant.
Pokemon used to have 3 stages only. That was its unique feature. 509823423 different evolutions is a digimon thing. Mental bond of some kind with a trainer is a digimon thing.

Fucking intellectual dishonesty. You are a moron.
>>
>>27895368
>Secondly no Digimon evolution has ever taken on traits from the tamer.

are you even serious? What did I just post?
>>
>>27891115
You forget in Unova: his last fight was with the worst team he ever had , he only had one fully evolved pokemon and it was unfezant.
>>
>>27891115
>+Great Pokemon (Greninja)
No.
Ash-Greninja was a mistake. Fuck a Pokémon just like him also in stones from ancient times. Wtf how is it possible? And we're also getting an Ash reference in the game. Fucking mistake.
>>
>>27894083
>Absol has a butthole
why would someone do that
>>
>>27895537
>So, just because it has obviously a different name?
Not just a different name but it's an entirely different mechanic you fucking retard.

For one matrix evolution is literally the fusion of the tamer to the digimon. However, the Digimon doesn't take on the traits of the tamer like the bond phenomenon does for Ash and Greninja. You don't see Sakuyamon with Ruki's heart pattern do you?
Secondly, Matrix evolution doesn't grant a new form but rather boost the digimon to their natural mega digivolution.
Lastly, Matrix evolution can be done at literally any stage of the Digimon's evolutionary line if you're going by Tamer rules seeing as Ryo can do it with Cyberdramon who's an ultimate while the bond phenomenon can only be done with specific Pokemon at a specific stage and so far that's the final stage only because Pikachu can't use it.
>>
>>27895537
>Mental bond of some kind with a trainer is a digimon thing
Bonds have been a part of Pokemon since the beginning you idiot.
>>
>>27895811
The concept is the same dude. It doesn't matter if the specific are different because it's obvious they can't copy the whole thing.

The concept is sharing traits and mental bond with the human. And that's exactly what it is.
>>
>>27891115
Anime always made me rage. Fucking Ash vs Cameron with Oshawott and basically a fully NFE team when he has some gold at Oak lab.

You must be retarded to like this shit. No excuses.
>>
>>27895834
>>27895811

Meant for.
>>
>>27895874
>The concept is the same dude.
I literally just explained how it isn't. You can't just go "no it's the same" without explaining your point

>The concept is sharing traits and mental bond with the human.
This is such a wide description that it's laughable that you would even try to use that as an argument.
>>
Hoenn was best League, I suppose.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>27895834
Mental bonds of that level? Not really. Now you are outright lying.
Sentimental bonds sure. But this thing is clearly digimon.
>>
>>27895880
FUCKING cAMERON SENDING fERROTHORN AGAINST A FIRE TYPE WHEN HE HAS SAMUROTT.
>inb4 types aren't really considered in the anime
They literally say "Samurott has an advantage against Pignite" 40 seconds after.

ANIME IS SHIT
>>
>>27895939
Yeah next time they are going to give them a finger ring for fusion with another pokemon and you'll tell me ''it's not the same as Dragonball ring fusions''..

Not discussing it further.
>>
>>27895914
>trying to claim my post as yours
Just admit that you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Pokemon and Digimon anon.

>>27895954
>Mental bonds of that level?
Yes, since the very beginning of the series when Ash and Pikachu faced the flock of Spearow.
The only thing that makes it more than that is the actual digivice. Other than that they're the exact same type of bond.

>But this thing is clearly digimon.
It really isn't beyond the fact that it's a bond between a human and a monster.
>>
>>27896015
>Not discussing it further.
Because you realise you're wrong?
Neat.

Also
> a finger ring for fusion with another pokemon and you'll tell me ''it's not the same as Dragonball ring fusions''
If it's a human to Pokemon fusion only with it being temporary then it wouldn't be the same as Potara. This is like watching /mu/ talk about video games.
>>
>>27896067
Fairly sure I already showed I do.
Refusing to admit obvious similarities is plain intellectual dishonesty. It just makes you a fanboy.
Proved by the rest of your post.
>>
>>27896138

Fanboy needs to claim victory. Evidence of a mental state of a 5 years old. Further evidence of a weak argument.
>>
>>27896156
>Fairly sure I already showed I do.
By claiming two different things are the same?
If anything that just proves your ignorance on the matter.

>Refusing to admit obvious similarities
You can't even list any similarities beyond a human having a bond. Using that logic both Pokemon and Digimon are copying Eva because unit 01 and 02 have a bond with their pilots.
>>
>>27896255
I claimed they show similarties which in the end rely on the same key concept. Now you are making strawmen.
>>
>>27896293
>I claimed they show similarties which in the end rely on the same key concept.
Like I said there's only one binding concept and that thing is so common that it's idiotic to claim that they're the same based on sliver of a connection.

>Now you are making strawmen.
Sorry, but you have to have an argument to begin with for someone to misrepresent it.
>>
>>27891115
Johto should be towards the bottom. The writers had no idea how to write 6v6 battles back then, which meant nearly every Pokemon OHKOedt, even by retarded shit.

Also Ash's Johto team got completely cucked while Charizard and Snorlax hard carried Ash's final two matches.

It was cool how Ash battled that spin-off dude though.
>>
>>27896224
Damn straight am I a Digimon fanboy. Why do you think I know you're full of shit?
>>
>>27896442
>It was cool how Ash battled that spin-off dude though.
Wait, which guy?
>>
File: EP270_Vincent.png (244KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
EP270_Vincent.png
244KB, 640x480px
>>27896508
And Ash didn't win there either.
>>
>>27896554
I vaguely remember him from Chronicles but not in the main series.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.