[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>come to /vp/ after a short break >people are mad because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 675385435.png (292KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
675385435.png
292KB, 425x425px
>come to /vp/ after a short break
>people are mad because Ash apparently lost the league again

Wait, there are actually people who
1) still watch the anime
2) are emotionally invested
3) think that Ash will ever win a league
Why?

You know that this show is literally just there for merchandise, right? The producers already stated that this is the reason for Ash still being 10, so new kids who start watching can identify with him better. Ash will never succeed in winning a league. The show must go on.

There is literally no reason and no excuse for being this autistic about a merchandise cashgrab show. And yes, Serena will be gone and forgotten soon. She will not win the Ashbowl. No one ever will.
>>
>>27890650

Hello folks, today we learned that "having some feelings for something" equals to "autism", even though autists consistently struggle with the lack of empathy and such.
>>
>>27890870
So you are saying its not autism to have feelings for something that OBVIOUSLY will not end the way you want it to?

Its like putting your hands on the oven plate and complaining about burning yourself.
>>
>still watch the anime
XY was amazingly good, just as good as DP
>are emotionally invested
like with any show, if you watch it from day 1, you get attached to the characters
>think that Ash will ever win a league
They made us think he could win.
>>
>>27891003
>amazingly good
See, OP. These are the deluded fucks that enjoy the ashnime.
This is the source of all of this bitching and pointless bullshit. Whining, crying, suicide threats, they're all human garbage.
>>
>>27890650
Everything about the cartoon was hyping the possibility of Ash's victory in the finals since day one of XY anime. The title was even "Kalos League Victory!"

Fans across the world, Japan especially, are pissed at the writers for such false hype on the anniversary of the franchise. Nothing autistic about it.

Winning the League doesn't end the show, since it has been said that it's only the first step to becoming a Master, which is Ash's actual goal.
>>
>>27891086
You know that all the anime threads beside the general right now are not made by people who liked the anime right? They are made by people from other boards that ehard that ashe could win and decided to watch the final. There's not a single anime fan in them.
>>
>>27891086
>didn't watch what he's talking about
>"they must be deluded fucks!"

Many Pokemon fans came back after old seasons and were surprised how good the XY anime was.
>>
File: 1421948293477.png (20KB, 498x499px)
1421948293477.png
20KB, 498x499px
>>27890650
>I don't understand something
>Here's my opinion
>Let's not read the other dozens or threads explaining all my questions

please stop
>>
>>27890650
I don't understand why they do it like this, tho. A LOT and I do mean a LOT of Japanese franchises that are just there to sell shit to children cycle their main characters regularly, sometimes, every single series/season and it is not rare to have a long running series where the character gets older and new shit happens.

Look at dragon ball, gundam or super sentai.

Keeping the same protagonist in stasis for eons is actually a very American thing to do. And it still bothers me how the pokemon anime is a weird exception to how they usually do things.
>>
>>27891132
>on the anniversary of the franchise
every year is the anniversary of the franchise you faggot
>>
File: 1436449331722.jpg (67KB, 475x330px) Image search: [Google]
1436449331722.jpg
67KB, 475x330px
>>27891003
>amazingly good
>>
>>27891003
Of course they made you think he could win? Why would you keep watching if you thought he was going to lose?
>>
>>27891132
>Fans across the world, Japan especially, are pissed at the writers
>adult people
>nothing autistic about it
>>
>>27891332
I know that most people who browse 4chan don't have an high school diploma but they even talk about autism on the news. A simple google search will help you what autism is. Liking something doesn't mean you are an autist. Glad I could help you!
>>
>>27890650
>I WAS ALWAYS RIGHT AND OU PEOPLE WHO ENJOY WHAT I DONT LIKE ARE AUTISTS

/thread

oh fuck off already you bandwagoner. The anime was a lot better than BW and it has actual buildup which made that final disappointing. Just fuck off you contrarian faggot and here's your (You)
>>
>>27891226
Dragonball is the worst example you could have used here.

Its a shounen manga with an anime adaption, not a merchandise cartoon that is using the same formula since season 1. When Dragonball was created, the author had a story in mind, with a goal and an ending. They dont have that for Pokemon. It will probably still be airing in a 100 years when we are all dead. Ash will most likely still be 10 and without a victory in any league.

They are not going to change the formula this late, especially as long as little kids still enjoy it.
>>
>>27890650
Ok, we'll excuse the part where you're unaware of recent events in the Anime which fooled 90% of the audience into thinking Ash will win.
You don't sympathize with people who have been waiting almost 20 years to see Ash finally win something meaningful and the anime do something new for a change. That's fine, I can understand that.
I'm gonna ask you to think about the children at home in Japan. Greninja got the special transformation it can only do with Ash; nearly a year's worth of marketing and story backing up that this particular Greninja is special. I can almost guarantee you that the grand majority of children eagerly awaiting this episode would love this Greninja, dragged their parents to the theatre just to see more of it, bought the plushie, and went to the special showing of just Greninja. This Greninja and Ash are their heroes; Alain is little more than a villain in their eyes. Greninja reaches full power in the match and unleashes a never before seen attack something Charizard does not have going for it. Greninja loses instead of Charizard; effectively crushing the dreams of every little boy that thought Ash's Greninja was super strong and special. Alain was more special with his regular in-game Mega all along. Not only did these kids all have their dreams dashed but there was absolutely no reason why it had to be this way; Ash could've won and nothing would have to really change. But they crushed the dreams of their audience, just because the don't want their show to ever change.
Think of the children anon.
>>
>>27890984
>So you are saying its not autism to have feelings for something that OBVIOUSLY will not end the way you want it to?
Do you even know what autism is?
>>
File: 1454132648513.png (30KB, 126x126px)
1454132648513.png
30KB, 126x126px
>>27891003
>DP
>good
>>
>>27890650
As a kid I only related to Ash until he lost back at Johto, since in the game you are actually a competent trainer I couldn't relate to the loser, it was ok at first since after he lost Kanto he won the islands and then he lost at Johto again (not even on the finals). Been losing since then for no real reason.

Why would they need Ash to lose every time in order to get kids to identify with him?
>>
>>27891471
I guess you never watched the anime
>>
>>27891469
>>27891388
>hurr durr i treat autism on 4chan as a disease and not as an insult

I want newfags to leave.
>>
>>27891541
>Why would they need Ash to lose every time in order to get kids to identify with him?

Because winning the league in the Pokemon universe is something not many will ever achieve and most kids out there wont achieve anything of importance in their entire lives.

The message is that it's okay to lose.
>>
>>27891650
Finally someone that got it.

But NO, everyone wants that the Pokémon anime gets some gritty reboot/retool and features Ash as an invincible juggernaut that wins every Pokémon League, ditches his Pikachu for a Tyranitar, and also gets older so the whole show gets an M rating and features a 30-years old Ash who fucks Misty in every episode and Team Rocket are ISIS-style terrorists.
>>
>>27891086

Yes the Ashnime is a glorified franchise commercial.

But XY was actually pretty decent (for the way they do the show).
>>
>>27891979
>Team Rocket are ISIS-style terrorists
Prepare for Jihad!
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.