[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Pokemon go have concepts like STAB, immunities and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: IMG-20160817-WA0011.jpg (105KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160817-WA0011.jpg
105KB, 720x1280px
Does Pokemon go have concepts like
STAB, immunities and double weakness?
>>
>>27888778
>>27888778
Yes except for immunities
>>
>>27888778
STAB exists
Immunities do not, they're changed to "Not very effective"
No clue if double weakness exists.

The effectiveness of weakness and resitance is turned down though. NVE does 0.8 instead of 0.5 and SE does 1.25 instead of 2.
>>
STAB exists, it's just significantly weaker than in the games.
>>27889771
SE is 1.5x nowadays.
>>
I don't think you can even battle? You just throw balls
>>
It's all fucking water down though.
All that really matters if you want to hold a gym is high CP.
That's why the high level people only ever use lapras, vaporeon and snorlax on gyms.
>>
>>27890046
but you can
>>
>>27890046
Bruh, yes you can
>>
>>27890126
>>27890163
if that's what you call battle lol, throwing balls.
>>
>>27890046
There's battling in gyms but calling it gameplay is a stretch. You tap the screen to do your fast attack, you keep the screen tapped to use your charge attack and you swipe left or right to dodge.

Attackers are given a massive advantage so people won't bitch about starting late and not being able to do gyms untill they catch up to max level.

>>27890100
Vaporeon is shit to hold gyms with, he has decent hp but his attack is worthless, he's also water type so he barely tickles Dragonite which everyone is using as their attacker.
>>
>>27888778
Contributing because I once really wanted to know these answers too
--STAB exists but it's +25% damage instead of 50 in the regular games
--Immunities don't exist, they're changed to 80% damage like all other resisted attacks
--Double weaknesses and resistances don't exist from what I've read
>>
>>27890249
>He's never done a gym
>>
File: 1462512122824.png (93KB, 1039x796px) Image search: [Google]
1462512122824.png
93KB, 1039x796px
>>27890771
I've played dozens of pokemon games anon. They all had eight gyms in them.
Calling something a gym, and calling something a battle is an insult to actual gyms and actual battles.
>>
>>27890884
So you've never done a gym then.
>>
>>27891015
No
>>
File: chansey.jpg (23KB, 673x636px) Image search: [Google]
chansey.jpg
23KB, 673x636px
>>27888778

so is chansey worth using at all or nah?
>>
>>27890743
>--Double weaknesses and resistances don't exist from what I've read

Incorrect, exeggutor takes massive damage from bug based attacks (grass / psychic)

Gyrados takes massive damage from electric (flying / water).
>>
>>27891081
Nah, has a ton of HP but doesn't do much damage, more of an annoyance and time waster.
>>
>>27890100
>All that really matters if you want to hold a gym is high CP
Not really. The attacker gets such a huge advantage that it isn't really worth it. To get on even an equal level the gym needs to be grinded up considerably, which is an impossibility in some areas due to how contested they are. In the areas where it's not impossible to grind it up, good luck populating the thing.

Honestly, the entire thing is solved by limiting the attempts somebody has at a gym. Can only challenge the same Gym once every 6 hours or something.
>>
What about Magnemite? Is only Electric or electric/steel?
>>
>>27892014
The types all match up with their current gen 6 types.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.