[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's no reason to ever get emotionally invested in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 18

File: 1450467084460.png (319KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450467084460.png
319KB, 640x480px
There's no reason to ever get emotionally invested in the anime ever again. This was it, this was the moment for Ash to finally do it. It doesn't matter if Ash rolls into Alola with Charizard, Sceptile, and Infernape at his side, there's no reason to believe Ash will ever win a league. It was fine for him to lose in Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn because he just didn't have the experience. At least in Sinnoh it took some legendary bullshit to stop Ash, and even then it let us know that it was possible, that it took DEM to stop Ash. Then Unova cam and tested our faith by being complete dog shit, and we were rewarded with the most competent Ash the world has ever seen. Everything was built up perfectly, never beating Alain, training to overcome his limits with Greninja, the "Ultimate" team, it was perfect. Then Ash's team jobbed harder than ever and we watched 20 years of build up fall apart in 10 minutes.

It's not even anger, it's just disappointment. Most people have been with Ash for almost two decades now and this was their reward. As far as Ash has come, as hard as he and Pikachu have worked, it was all for nothing.
>>
Just... fuck you ash :c
>>
>>27888238
Ash is just a product of the fact that the writers will never break the status quo and let him win.
>>
File: 1461204509170.png (59KB, 387x282px) Image search: [Google]
1461204509170.png
59KB, 387x282px
>>27888149
>>27888238
>>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>27888149
Agreed, Ash is confirmed as a mediocre trainer form a nameless town that happens to show up at every league
>>
i'm glad he lost so xy dicksuckers can finally get over themselves
>>
>anime doesn't break the status quo for 20 years
>follows the same patterns, same characters, same situations over and over
>expects it to suddenly change

Just stop watching it if you don't like the formula. It's never going to change.
>>
I'm so fucking upset, OP. I really thought he could do it. Charizard had already sustained damage from Pikachu and was also dealing with a type disadvantage due to Greninja "resisting" fire.

He should've won, this is bullshit.
>>
File: 1470674186895.jpg (467KB, 2078x2107px) Image search: [Google]
1470674186895.jpg
467KB, 2078x2107px
They stripped him of the little personality he had. He is always serious and in xy(z) the only jokes he gets are the le too stupid to understand science man. They turned him into a battle robot*5
But..
>oh well at least he is good at battles!
>Oh shit they gave him a fucking snowflake mega?
>His team is fully evolved mons!

Oh look he can't do jackshit and chokes at the last minute when it matters. If this shitter greninja is supposed to be in the games I wouldn't allow it near my fucking team if it can't even beat a shitty charizard x with full advantage. They skipped 2/3 of the league for nonfucking reason. They literally made noivern look like a piece of shit that can't win shit.
>>
>getting emotionally invested in an advertisement for children

Your own fault
>>
>>27888324
This pour ĂȘtre honnĂȘte
>>
>>27888324
This, they became really fucking obnoxious about it, too.
Among the thread spam, shitting on any anime/manga that isn't the main anime, throwing a tantrum when you say Ash sucks, etc.
They really had it coming to them.
>>
>>27888379

The battle robot was okay as set up for him to win. This was Ashy boy finally becoming a man. But it was all for nothing.
>>
>>27888306
If you want to be a cunt, /b/ is right behind the corner. And no, I'm not salty or mad or anything. It's the immaturity that some fags just like to show and don't understand, people actually BELIEVED and were massively disappointed and Japan apparently is not to far short either. The odds were so well put together, and yet idiotic directors scrwed everything over.
>>
>"Ash has never won against Alain!"
>Still makes him lose
What the fuck? Isn't that like making Ash lose to Paul? Naruto losing to Sasuke in a final battle?
Why would you make a rival the MC never beats?
>>
>>27888334
This. If they want to keep going forever, they won't be changing anything majorly.
>>
>>27888334
No, this is just bad writing.
>>
A character that never succeed is just as boring as a character that never lose.
>>
>>27888149

I completely share this sentiment. It doesn't even matter if Ash actually WOULD win now. It's all meaningless from now on.
>>
>>27888486

Its fucking retarded
>>
>>27888379
THIS and the Ash fanbase will defend this 'personality'.
>>
>>27888149
I told you faggots to not get invested and then you did and this happened, you deserve this.
>>
I think another major contributor to all this hatred is that its the 20 year anniversary of Pokemon and with the release of pokemon go you have allot of the old schoolers coming back to the series to see how Ash is doing.

Seriously with Moon and Sun eliminating the whole League Championship they could have just given it to Ash. This was a major disappointment
>>
>>27888379
This. Whoever was the one that pulled the strings, I hope he's massively enjoying all the shitstorms he caused and the reputation of the anime down the drain for good. Nothing can repair this shit anymore. And I'm actually disgusted by what they did to Noivern and make Greninja look so weak. If this was in the games, he would be a fucking powerhouse. But no, they nerfed it by giving it shitty moves and incompetent plot events like the Blast Burn.
>>
>>27888476
No one fucking gives a shit.
If you liked the ashnime at all you DESERVE to be disappointed. You're(I assume) above the age of 18. As ironic as it may sound, grow the fuck up. You are a child if you had faith in some shitty advertisement for the games.
The people bitching and throwing a tantrum about this are literally saying the series is fucking ruined for them, that they are severely pissed off, the most they've been in years.
This isn't immaturity? It's fucking ridiculous. Get over yourselves, ashnimeshitters.
>>
File: tumblr_oblo30Ex3E1rrftcdo1_500.jpg (48KB, 440x414px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oblo30Ex3E1rrftcdo1_500.jpg
48KB, 440x414px
>>27888149
Nice blog dude.
>>
>>27888379

>They skipped 2/3 of the league for nonfucking reason.

Seriously this. Why the fuck would you do this? It's just a punch to the face. The whole XY series felt like it was building up to Ash finally win the league for real this time and then this shit happens.

You introduced an incredibly powerful Mary Sue rival for the hero to OVERCOME not to make him fucking lose to him
>>
>>27888352
Plus rain
>>
File: butwhy.gif (4MB, 581x327px) Image search: [Google]
butwhy.gif
4MB, 581x327px
>>27888286
>the writers will never break the status quo and let him win
>>
>>27888486
Naruto didn't win the final battle against Sasuke.
>>
>>27888428
Seriously, this. They were so smug in believing that Ash was going to win, and that they were better people because they watched the season that Ash would win in.

Good riddance.
>>
When will we get the dubs?

I need it in English Goddammit
>>
>>27888551
Which the anime always had?

Holy shit, get the fuck over yourself if you ever thought this garbage was going to get anywhere close to decent just because it had flashy fights.
>>
>>27888723
Haha holy shit you are actually getting angry over people being dissappointed, pathetic as fuck desu
>>
Ash has been losing for

19 YEARS

Y
E
A
R
S

You faggots really thought he'd win?
>>
>>27888828
>>
>>27888691

It was all coming together.
20th anniversary
PoGo resparking the Pokemon hype
The OG Generation lf Pokemon that now dominates Social Media coming back to the anime and have news like Ash winning the league be a completely mindblowing event that would just completely destroy all of social media. This could've easily taken Pokemon to a completely different level and they... they just jinxed it.

Everybody loses. Why the fuck would they do that. They don't gain anything from this. They just missed the opportunity of their lifetime to make the Pokehype complete.
Someone needs to be seriously shot for this.
>>
>>27888828
He did, it was tied and Sasuke admitted defeat
>>
>>27888723
>>27888671
>>27888838

Yes. Ashnimefags had it coming, they were the worst people on this board, oh sweet sweet karma.

I just love how Mega Zard X is badass enough to beat Mary Sue frog after taking super effective hits, it's awesome

>But muh typing

You defended memefrog when he won against a mon that he had a x4 disadvantage against.
>>
>>27888908
>Everybody loses. Why the fuck would they do that. They don't gain anything from this.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.
>>
>>27888551
The Pokemon anime has never been well-written. You'll have to watch something else if you want good writing. That's just the truth.
>>
>>27888860
Outside of Unova, the anime has never been bad. Boring at times, predictable, yeah, but never bad. Especially with XYZ, it was built up perfectly all for nothing. It wasn't even a well fought loss between two equals, it was everyone but Pikachu and Hawlucha shitting the bed at the last minute.
>>
>>27888725
Says the person using an image from Tumblr.
>>
>>27888723
Just to be clear, I'm not a fan of the anime even before XYZ, lost interest after DP. And is it really THAT hard for your nut sized brain to understand hope can appear in almost any situation for everything, even for this anime. Yes, hardcore ashfags deserve this especially those that do nothing but bitch, but for the general public that retuned to the anime in hopes of a change and even the advertisement pointing to, only to reveal its ugly face. This is not a situational thing anymore, this was literal manipulation. And those people that just came in hope of something new don't deserve the toxic spit from fags like you.
>>
>>27888149
No Charizard no win.
>>
>>27888957
Ash's loss to Tobias was nothing sort of bad, and as if the three previous losses wasn't enough that should at least have shown you that Ash will never ever win the league. Ever.

Yes, the anime is boring and predicable, and yet you somehow got fooled.
>>
>>27888149
>There's no reason to ever get emotionally invested in the anime ever again.

Implying there ever was a reason to get invested in a commercial
>>
>>27888149

Why did they choose to just destroy the anime forever? This honestly kills it harder than BW ever did.

To think that right now they're already working on the SM anime with Ash as the protagonist. What were they thinking?
>>
>>27888997
>literal manipulation
Do you even fucking hear your deluded self?
There's no way you're not from /padt/.
You genuinely think these people(and you, probably) are victims because Ash lost.
And as far as I'm concerned, anyone dumb enough to think he would win deserves to be ridiculed, as do all stupid people such as yourself.
>>
Someone spoonfeed me I don't want to watch a half hour of this shit.

What exactly happened, how did ash lose and why are people making a big deal out of this when he's lost every single one prior?
>>
>>27889060
>this time the Trix Bunny will get his cereal for sure!
>>
>>27889044
The entire point of Tobias was that the writers made Ash too strong and had to find a way to justify him losing, that didn't happen with Kalos. They built up the perfect story and then set it on fire.
>>
>>27888957

>Pikachu takes out two Pseudos
>Hawlucha goes Gear Second and wrecks Weavile and does considerable damage to Bisharp
>Talonflame and Unfezant doing a double KO fair enough
>Ash in the lead with Pikachu still kicking and full powered Goodra and AshGreninja up his sleeve against a weakened Bisharp and a weakened Charizard
>Suddenly chokes

Whyyyyyy. I mean I was kinda fearing it because they put Ash in a TOO advantegous position and archetypes says the underdog wins but fuck this is fucking stupid
>>
>>27889090
>Why did they choose to just destroy the anime forever?

Because fuck you, that's why.
>>
>>27889102
The writers baited everyone really hard due to dropping some very blatant foreshadowing of Ash winning the league.
>>
DBZ is superior to pokemon plot wise. You can't debate this
>>
>>27889102
>Ash gets super special Greninja
>Ash at his most competent
>His strongest regional team
>Everyones been built up to this moment
>Ash has never defeated Alain
>Noivern jobs almost instantly
>Hawlucha gets a revenge kill then gets KO'd
>Pikachu takes out Metagross and Tyranitar and jobs to Charizard
>Talonflame ties with an Unfeazant
>Goodra gets OHKO'd and loses its undefeated streak
>Greninja loses clean
>>
>>27889092
Huh, your underageness is definetly showing. Seriously, if you think people should be ridiculed just cause they had hope about something, then you definitely have a brain the size of a Joltik's eyeball.
>>
>>27889102
Greninja lost against a Charizard X after Charizard managed to beat Pikachu.
So a beaten Charizard against Greninja and Ash lost.
>>
>>27889170
I don't think anyone is.
>>
>>27888691
The new games won't have a pokemon league?
Source?
>>
>>27889170
At least Goku won the Tenkaichi Budokai eventually.

If Dragon Ball was written like Pokémon Goku would still be a kid fighting the fucking Pilaf Gang.
>>
The worst about xy fags is that the sole reason they found for this arc being good is "ash is stronger". It's not about the good animation or fun episodes, they just liked it because the protag was stronger despite turning into a robot, so the only thing they cared for was him winning.
>>
>>27889104
>three years of build up to the Trix Rabbit getting his cereal
>He's finally about to do it
>The world is watching
>Suddenly he trips on a rock and the cereal spills to the floor
>>
>>27889170
At least power levels there somewhat makes sense.
>>
>>27889209
Oh yeah, and Goku won on his third try.

Ash entered SIX leagues and still hasn't won one.

And after that the Tenkaichi Budokai stopped being important anyway.
>>
>>27889229
That is true as well.
>>
>>27889209
DB is better than DBZ so I wouldn't mind at all desu.
>>
>>27889107
>The entire point of Tobias was that the writers made Ash too strong and had to find a way to justify him losing, t
That sounds remarkably like Kalos
>>
>>27889170
...was there ever any debate?

DBZ may be overrated, but it's still an above average show with actual progress, The Pokemon anime is legit trash.
>>
>>27889102

Anime actually built up to Ash winning. He even fought the Champ before and went on equal footing with her Ace. Also faced his Rival of the season in the final who beat him two times before and mist of the league was skipped just to jump as quickly as possible to final match so everything was leadinv up to Ash beating his rival in the final of the league and actually winning it for real. And then... it just didn't happen.
Not even in a spectacular way, his Ace mon just... fainted from an attack it should've been able to tank easily.

Maybe this guy sums it up the best

https://youtu.be/cUg7wD7QDV4
He's not talking about Pokemon but he perfectly describes the sentiment many are feeling right now as he also rages over an anime tournament ending in a bullshit way
>>
>>27888812
The more things change, the more they stay the same
>>
>>27889240
and literally nobody would be surprised
>>
Ashfags? BTFO
Amourshippers? BTFO
Memefrog? BTFO

I might have to watch this season after all. It has done so much good to me.
>>
>>27889280
It's not even comparable, Tobias was a last minute asspull of literal legendary proportions. Alain's been built up for years as Ash's ultimate rival with Ash coming short every time, but getting closer every time, then Ash fails when it matters most.
>>
>>27889202
It's not 100% confirmed yet, but leaks and official announcements all but confirm it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrzgTrfI4Q8

Check the Pokemon channel for official videos
>>
>>27889102
I'll specifically mention that most of the hits were to Charizard too; Greninja got hit twice before the final exchange whereas Charizard took more than 4 hits and they were all played up to be more potent than the hits to Greninja.

Then they did the classic both hit each other with their strongest move and Greninja was the one that fell over despite no visible damage to it

I'd be upset over this fight scene alone; it's really badly done
>>
>>27889280
Except Tobias had a reason for beatin Ash (legendary team and Ash being gimped), this time he lost just because.
>>
>>27889280

Unlike with Tobias this loss was not justified. Ash was legit stronger than Alain. He was at his absolute peak. But somehow this Charizard cozld survive a fucking Nuclear bomb without a Scratch because "lol Ash's gotta lose somehow"
>>
Anyone else still think Ash/Drake was the best battle to date?
>>
>>27889341
You're completely failing to see the similarities.
Both DP and XY had a very strong Ash throughout, but miraculously lost at the end out of nowhere.
The lesson to learn from DP was that Ash will lose no matter how well things look for him.
>>
File: asboutly disgust.png (452KB, 440x459px) Image search: [Google]
asboutly disgust.png
452KB, 440x459px
>>27889209
fucking this. Pokemon need to get those DBZ writers on ship. There major problems with the anime, not just Ash losing for almost 2 decades. The characters have no depth, repetitive plot, Ash never progresses he's still a kid. This shit is written by a horribly untalented writer.
>>
>>27889302

Go away Bon Jovi I can't take you right now
>>
>>27889299
Blast burn + dragon claw should kill the frog ingame. But this isn't the game anyway
>>
>>27889367
>>27889380
Ash never won against Alain. Alain was always the stronger trainer and was never surpassed.
>>
>>27889350
Well this could be a good thing or a bad thing I guess, might change things up a bit. It might be just a replacement like the dude in the video says tho.
>>
>>27889401
The difference is that Alan was hyped to be Ash's last tangible challenge that he was prepping to beat with regard to his league quest. He was more of a Paul in terms of story role than anything else.

Tobias was just a roadblock introduced at the start of the sinnoh league itself that we KNEW Ash couldn't beat beforehand due to the typical pattern of the first three leagues.
>>
>>27889277
Oh you would.

20 years of it with no progression whatsoever would drive you mad.
>>
>>27889401
You're ignoring the differences. Tobias had no build up, he existed only to defeat Ash. Alain exists for Ash to overcome, he's Ash's ultimate test, years of build up behind their battle, and then nothing.
>>
>>27889401

Tobias may have been an asspull but at least you could get why he was so strong with his full on legendary team.
Alain and Ash have been rivals throughout the season and Ash was on the course of overtaking him.

It's not remotely comparable. This a prime case of the result being the same but the way HOW it happened making the big differenc but you're gonna ignore all that to be deliberately obtuse about it
>>
My issue is the existence of fucking Ash-Greninja. Like if you are going to introduce a new fucking mode of evolution for the nigga atleast let him win the league for fucks sake.

What will it take for Ash to win a league anyways. The dude had an actually fully evolved team that wasn't complete shitmon like it usually is and they still had him job for no reason. The league barely fucking matters anyways since we just immediatly moved onto Zygarde bullshit but you just couldn't have him win huh.
>>
>>27889485
The build-up is irrelevant. The point is that Ash will always lose no matter how poorly it is forshadowed or explained.
>>
>>27889443
Yeah and building up a rivalry indicating Ash was going to win the final only to have him choke is retarded, it also was with Tobias. Difference is Ahs losing the fight against Tobias made sense due to Tobias's team being OP as shit and Ash losing some of his best pokemon's.
>>
>>27889550

As Insaid you're just trying to be deliberately obtuse about it now
>>
>>27889525
That's my entire fucking point.
HOW it happened is irrelevant, Ash will always lose and if you for a second thought otherwise then that's on you.
>>
>>27889550
>The build-up is irrelevant.
Are you a literal retard?
>>
File: 1466895683596.gif (61KB, 300x351px) Image search: [Google]
1466895683596.gif
61KB, 300x351px
>>27888149
>There's no reason to ever get emotionally invested in the anime ever again
>again
>>
>>27889551
>made sense
That implies that some random faggot no one has ever heard of walking into the league with a team full of legendaries makes sense in the first place
>>
>>27889318
Why didn't Wily Coyote catch the Road Runner? I was sure he was going to do it this time, mommy!
>>
>>27889551
>>27889594
>>27889600
>Ash has lost all 6 times, both for good and bad reasons
>this time will be different because there is good buildup
You're getting fooled. The past has shown that he won't win and I'm sure people have told you this before.

The status quo is the only thing that matters, and take priority over any sort of buildup. This applies to both the league and serena staying.
>>
>>27888149
seconded
>>
>>27889689

>this time will be different because there is good buildup

Yes? Exactly how stories are supposed to work? But the anime threw out all rules of storytelling to cement their point.

You've got to be a fucking retard to not understand why people got their hopes up
>>
>>27889781
Exactly. This really seemed a promising series and yet they set everything on fire. This not about ashfags, it's about the anime itself and how it couldve attracted everyone back into the series.
>>
>>27889867
No one was going to start watching the anime because Ash won his cartoon battle.
>>
>>27889781
>Yes? Exactly how stories are supposed to work? But the anime threw out all rules of storytelling to cement their point.
Yes, that's how stories are supposed to work. But they threw out those rules long ago. Do you ever wonder why people people say that the anime is shit? Because they're dead set on keeping the status quo.
>You've got to be a fucking retard to not understand why people got their hopes up
If this was a fresh new anime sure. But it's the fucking pokémon anime.
>>
>>27889898
>Ash winning the league
Yeah, that'll put butts in seats
>>
>being invested in pokemon anime to begin with
aha fucking manchildren 2 the max
the anime was always shit
>>
>>27889946
How? Why would anyone start watching because they heard he won? Some of you clearly tuned in specifically coz you heard he had a chance, but no one would have started watching from next week coz they heard he won. That's dumb.
>>
>>27889898

You're the same kind of idiot who never would've believed Pokemon Go would be popular, are you?
>>
>>27890035
Are you brain damaged?
That anon was being sarcastic.
>>
>>27890035
It would mean he was actually making progress on becoming a pokemon master which is what everyone wanted to see when we were kids watching the first season, don't pretend they weren't.
>>
>>27890035

Simply for the reason to conclude with their childhood.
>>
>>27890096
The thing is most people gave up on Ash long ago. It won't ever attract old fans unless they do a complete reboot.
>>
>>27890105
Which is why they would watch the finals. Not the new season coming afterwards.
>>
>>27888149
I miss it when Ash has a screw-up bratty goof instead of the bland plank of wood he is now.
>>
>>27888486
I expected this to happen after that attack from zard
https://youtu.be/WL9aZEhm5Zc
>>
>>27888149
Assuming you're 18+, there isn't any reason to get involved in the anime, period. It's not tailored for you. It'll better suit your kids, should you have some someday. I don't mean to be condescending or anything like that. The target demographic lets the creators min-max their successes because kids don't demand much when it comes to their shows.
>>
>>27889406
No. They need Yugioh. Child-Like battling anime with tournaments and companions.
They needs to stop having Ash act stupid and making him forget his knowledge of previous generations. Serena and Brock is a better built character than Ash
>>
Gen 1
>Rocket is the focus
>Ash and his friend exploring world of pokemon

Gen 2
>Ash continues his journey with a new friend
>Rocket still the focus, not just Jessie/james

Gen 3
>Ash meets new people and journeys through Hoenn
>Aqua magma are the focus and actually has a plot relevant to the games

Gen 4
>Ash travels with newer friend and old returning cast
>Galactic as the main focus with rocket on the side

Gen V:
>Ash meets entirely new people and journies through unova
>Plasma NOWHERE to be found, instead rocket shoehorning, makes them competent to start, then drops them HARD and makes them bumbling idiots again

Gen 6
>Ash ditches his friend again
>Flare is literally just there.
>>
>>27890035
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8nbJikFTv8
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5udckoT7d8&feature=youtu.be

from TW
>>
File: tumblr_m6mp83OvlS1r7azfs.png (209KB, 319x256px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6mp83OvlS1r7azfs.png
209KB, 319x256px
>>27890161
This

Checking out the series on netflix he's actually a likable stupid kid I enjoy watching in and out of battles
>>
>>27890187
Kids like to watch winners, not losers. This reflects in what TV shows are popular among japanese kids. The pokemon anime is plummeting in ratings.
>>
>>27888486
>>27888828
>watching Naruto
>knowing about it
The least you could have done is mention Vegeta or Kaiba maybe.
>>
File: 1357862546095.jpg (342KB, 720x1610px) Image search: [Google]
1357862546095.jpg
342KB, 720x1610px
>>27888149

>There's no reason to ever get emotionally invested in the anime ever again.

Thankfully I learned fast and said this back when Johto ended. Anyone who believes this lowlife will learn will never understand that he's destined for eternal failure. He is a walking talking commercial for the broader Pokemon franchise. He's there to get the kids to buy the games, toys, clothing, you name it. If he wins, then it will diminish his role and they're afraid to take that chance. Ash Catchum is a household name, they can't replace him with a new character because it could hurt their revenue in their eyes.

So yeah, just learn to move on anon. Do it now.
>>
>>27890344
There was literally no way to visit /a/ at the time nardo ended without getting the details shoved in your face.
Like, I haven't read a single chapter of bleach in my life yet I know how it ended to day.
>>
>>27890333
>Kids like to watch fun shows
Ftfy
This is why the anime is plummeting in ratings. Both are not mutually exclusive mind you, but this season has been everything but fun
>>
>>27888149
>It's not even anger, it's just disappointment. Most people have been with Ash for almost two decades now and this was their reward. As far as Ash has come, as hard as he and Pikachu have worked, it was all for nothing.
Most people dropped the anime years ago because they learned that you should never have hopes for the anime after the first couple of season.
>>
File: 1448679540864.gif (558KB, 500x603px) Image search: [Google]
1448679540864.gif
558KB, 500x603px
>Watching the anime for Ash

Why? I literally watch the anime for everything BUT Ash. All of the one-offs and sub stories are far more interesting then anything ash has ever done league wise.
>>
File: 1364442561153.jpg (97KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
1364442561153.jpg
97KB, 950x534px
>>27890333

That would have been the case a long fucking time ago. This has been a thing for 6 different Pokemon Leagues and 20 years.
>>
>>27890537
The difference was that Ash wasn't good enough back then.
In Kanto he lost because he hadn't properly trained his Charizard.
In Johto he lost because while he had managed to overcome his personal rival, there was still a long way to go.
In Hoenn his opponent just wanted it more.
But this? Ash winning here was the perfect way to end the story Kalos has been setting up since day one, and then Ash jobbed harder than ever. The team that had been built up for three years went down like a bunch of rabid dogs.
>>
>>27890691
>But this? Ash winning here was the perfect way to end the story Kalos has been setting up since day one
You know what else was being set up since day one? Ash winning Kanto. Becoming the pokemon master, catching them all, etc. If you didn't realize this would never happen by the end of Johto you're unbelievably stupid. Yes, they set everything up in Kalos to make it seem like this time it would be different just because they knew suckers like you would fall for it.
>>
>>27890765
>Ash winning Kanto
No it wasn't, Ash was literally handed half his badges. One of the main points of Kanto was that Ash didn't earn his success, he was even called out in universe for this.
>>
File: 1358140391954.gif (630KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
1358140391954.gif
630KB, 500x285px
>>27890691

>In Johto he lost because while he had managed to overcome his personal rival, there was still a long way to go.

Go into more detail over this please. Ash traveled through two regions and a chain of islands and only lost at the end because his Charizard fell on the ground before Blaziken did. Mind you, that entire battle was about "HEY KIDS THESE ARE THE NEW UPCOMING POKEMON WOW ARENT THEY COOL!?!?!"

>In Hoenn his opponent just wanted it more.

What does that say about Ash then?

>The team that had been built up for three years went down like a bunch of rabid dogs.

He'll stuff them aside at the graveyard of Professor's Oak and never bother to evolve a single one of them.
>>
File: 1365816428103.jpg (38KB, 543x620px) Image search: [Google]
1365816428103.jpg
38KB, 543x620px
>>27890765

>catching them all

No, that was a 4kids/NoA meme for the Western market. And a fucking stupid ass meme that's still being echoed by the Pokemon Go Genwun normies.
>>
>>27890691
>In Hoenn his opponent just wanted it more.
That's a horrible excuse from a story standpoint, and yet you left out DP and BW which were even worse.
You have been tricked all this time. But at last you finally see the light. The anime has a horrible narrative.
>>
File: 1471487450526.jpg (9KB, 198x200px) Image search: [Google]
1471487450526.jpg
9KB, 198x200px
serious here... do people actually watch the anime? i mean yeah as a kid, it was enjoyable, but man, i cannot fucking stand it most of the time. i mean really, you teach your pokemon CUT?? BIDE??? WHAT?
>>
>>27890905

>He'll stuff them aside at the graveyard of Professor's Oak and never bother to evolve a single one of them.

The thing is he managed to get a fully evolved team this time and literally called it his best team. This was peak Ash. The point is Ash has nowhere to go from here. This was his absolute maximum output. Might as well have given him the win.
>>
>>27890960
The reason you start your journey in the original games is because Oak ask you to fill up the dex.
Sure 4kids invented the slogan, but the motivation was always there, at least in the games.
>>
>>27890960
POKEMON GETTO DAZE

MODS
>>
>>27890905
>Go into more detail over this please. Ash traveled through two regions and a chain of islands and only lost at the end because his Charizard fell on the ground before Blaziken did. Mind you, that entire battle was about "HEY KIDS THESE ARE THE NEW UPCOMING POKEMON WOW ARENT THEY COOL!?!?!"
Ash was pushed to the limit, but Blaziken held out just enough and then lost the next round. Even if Ash won this match, it was clear there were stronger trainers.

>What does that say about Ash then?
That his passion is only going to get hims so far>>27890905
>>The team that had been built up for three years went down like a bunch of rabid dogs.
>He'll stuff them aside at the graveyard of Professor's Oak and never bother to evolve a single one of them.
The team is already fully evolved you retard
>>
>>27890905
>using the pokedex on a Koffing

Holy fuck this triggers me
>>
>>27891099
>didn't use reserves
>peak
Stop making a fool of yourself. He has many pokémon that are stronger than Goodra, Talonflame, Noivern and Hawlucha. Ash used pokémon from 4 different regions in DP yet still lost.
>>
>>27891122
This
and checkd
>>
>>27890818
So he lost here exactly the same reason as in kanto
>>
>>27891252
Why are you trying so hard to shitpost?
>>
>>27891252

Ok you're literally being retarded now
>>
>>27891043

>i mean yeah as a kid, it was enjoyable

It was enjoyable when Ash made progression and got to new gyms. It was annoying and boring when Ash was playing the role of Jesus Christ by going around assisting every single nobody with their problems just to go away empty handed at the end. No prestige, no money, no experience.

> i mean really, you teach your pokemon CUT?? BIDE??? WHAT?

To be fair, the moves in the show are different then in the game. Anyone remember when Caterpie defeated Team Rocket with string shot?
>>
>>27888149
i Jus wnated him to wind in order for him to get replaced with someone else, so aslong as he gets replaced eventually i am okay.
>>
>>27891324
>>27891344
You can't honesty tell Ash earn anything in this season.
>>
File: 1470253331807.png (221KB, 540x503px) Image search: [Google]
1470253331807.png
221KB, 540x503px
>>27888149
>investing this much interest in a 20 minute toy commercial
>>
>>27888149
>Getting so serious about a children's cartoon packed with cashgrab commercials
>>
>>27891735
Why do you feel Ash didn't earn anything?
>>
>people actually thinking Ash losing to Tobias was decent writing
I swear the standards of the people watching this crap have reached rock bottom.
>>
>>27888149
Jesus fucking christ, really?

The "You can't win them all" shit has been done to death.
>>
>>27891877
Because Pikachu and, later, Greninja earned everything for him.
>>
>>27891957
You mean the Pokemon he trained and raised?
>>
>>27889090
Because the source of income from the anime is generated that kids who don't fucking care either way and newborn kids who didn't even watch this season but will love whatever crap SM offers, of course asking their parents to participate on those shitass phone lotteries and all the other bullshit thy out at the end of each episods, that's how merchandise anime work. The anime is not aimed at you, it's aimed at the upcoming kid, that's why they can get away with making the same plot over and over.
>>
>>27888149
The day he evolves his pikachu will be the day he wins the league
>>
>>27891883
We're talking about people who watch shonen anime unironically
>>
Seriously. What did anyone expect to happen? Did anyone, ANYONE even think for a minute that Ash would win? He never does, and the producers have said if he did, the show would end. Still, shame it had to be Edgyzard who beat Narutoad.

Remember, insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
>>
>>27889229
To be honest, all I cared about was how smooth the animation was in comparison to older seasons. Watching the Ash vs Gary battle and then jumping to the xyz semifinals was really satisfying.
>>
When will we get a new protag
>>
>>27892030
no the frog that had a win button pulled out of it's ass for him. So glad that thing lost. Hell it should've lost to sceptile
>>
>>27893234
So the pokemon he raised then
>>
File: ash.jpg (40KB, 480x301px) Image search: [Google]
ash.jpg
40KB, 480x301px
>>
I haven't watch Pokemon since I was a kid, but I'm glad to hear Charizard wins. He's the best Pokemon.
>>
>>27889170
what's next?
>water is wet
>you can't debate this
>>
Damn bad it would be if Ash won his first championship in a region that is not Kanto.
>>
>>27892060

But the decision doesn't make sense from a business standpoint either. It kills interest in the show. It's suicide on both a narrative and commercial level.
>>
>>27890344
Goku and Yugi have lost like once to their rivals. In Naruto's case, he has never beaten Sasuke so signs pointed to him winning the final battle.
>>
>>27888149
Frankly, I'm shocked people could even get "emotionally invested" in this anime ever since the trainwreck that was Best Wishes.
>>
>>27896650
Goku lost to Vegeta twice, mostly because Vegeta cheated the second time. Every time they go at one another, Goku can't pull out a win. But Vegeta admits Goku's superior to him. That's a fucking rivalry right there.
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.