[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>12,000 dislikes what did the japs mean by this? https:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 394
Thread images: 25

File: IMG_20160818_145821.jpg (101KB, 720x882px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160818_145821.jpg
101KB, 720x882px
>12,000 dislikes

what did the japs mean by this?

https://youtu.be/kkDBCBiFsMs
>>
>Implying 90% of those aren't butt hurt kids from /vp/
>>
>>27887279
Are you serious?
>>
>>27887279
there are 4 people who go on vp
>>
i-it's over 14,000!!
>>
>>27887190
We are the japan community, Please everyone dislike it!! Thank you!!
>>
I dont get it. What's the hub bub?
>>
Lets protest!!
>>
haha holy shit
are the studios going to get away with this? y/n
>>
>>27887279
11,000 or so people are still 11,000 people
>>
>>27887190
>Worst Team vs Worst Legend arc is following immediately after Ash's savage loss
Is it worth following the anime at this point?
>>
>>27887279
dude we are like 10 people here
>>
>>27889500
yes
>>
>>27889500
Of course they are.
That is until they see a plummet in viewers because the children worship the damn frog and may be just as upset, if not more, than the manchildren on this board.
>>
Hope this get attention , i disliked too
>>
>>27887279
I thought we did a survey and it said 1000 people go on /vp/
>>
>>27887348
I am one of them. I single-handedly am behind every Pokegirl post, every Pepe, Roothoot, Ballio, anti-specialfags, half of Shuffle, a third of Wifi, and miscellaneous shitposting.
>>
>>27887279
>implying there are 11K people on /vp/ right now binge disliking the video

It's not just /vp/ who're pissed by the league conclusion. Pretty much every animefag is pissed.
>>
File: 1456938816803.png (58KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1456938816803.png
58KB, 480x480px
>>27887190
I really don't know. I nearly came while watching that preview.
>>
Lets hit 50k
>>
>>27889404
They spent months hyping up Ash and his special frog, they spent all of XY&Z hyping up Alan as his big rival to beat for the arc (like paul in terms of story role, except without the emotional baggage of that rivalry), they had Ash even corner the champion's ace about ten eps back with his special frog, and then when the big fight happens, said rival guillotines two of Ash's mons, and the frog at the peak of his power (who was evenly matched with said rival's ace while in an imperfect version of his new form) dies in one hit to a fire move.
>>
>>27889635
So true.... Im so angry....
>>
>>27889635

When will Paul come back and beat Ash in a league? He deserves it.
>>
>>27889635
Remember when Ash got late to his first match because the other guy wanted to battle him? He beat him and became the representative of everyone who wasn't able to get into the league.
Now I wonder why the fuck would they do that if they planned on cucking him in the end.
>>
>>27887279
good luck finding me behind my 11000 proxies
>>
>>27889553
people actually like ashgrenigga?
>>
File: 1470761540096.jpg (22KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1470761540096.jpg
22KB, 200x200px
>japanese company
They will pretend to think this means that fans don't like actual plot and will be coming back to the shitty ways of BW.
>>
>>27889623
Some retards still don't get that most anime watchers expected a win from Ash, and are mad about this result.
>>
>>27889623
Every butt hurt 12 year old who'd never watched the Pokemon anime before 2013, you mean.
>>
>>27889803
>actual plot
basically non existent

don't tell me the flare arc is plot either. it'll end and nothing will change
>>
15 000 and still growing
>>
>>27889805
>Idiots expected Ash to win
>Idiots get disappointed

If you have terrible taste in cartoons, you shouldn't be disappointed when they turn out shit.
>>
>>27889787
Well he certainly didn't win the Japanese popularity poll due to rarity.
>>
>>27889817
Who else watches the anime aside from 12 yo?
>>
>>27889787

Greninja became the number 1 Pokemon the kids wanted in the recent poll. So yeah.
>>
>>27889870
>my taste in chinese cartoons is better than your taste in chinese cartoons
Lmao, go back to playing pokemon games, mature adult
>>
>>27889635
You can also add that the next region doesn't have Gyms per say, so the timing was perfect to change the whole status quo.
>>
>>27889886
Hopefully no one. Coz it's shit. Anyone over 12 who was expecting him to win should have known better.
>>
I never understood why can't the anime just follow the games storyline
>>
They should know that was an important event for the fans that were celebrating the 20th.
My hype and Celebration literally fucked up after the lose
>>
This wouldn't have happened if you retards didn't spread the false rumor that Alola has no league or gyms.

Made everyone go "DIS ASH LAST CHANCE!! HES GUARANTEED DA WIN!!"
>>
>>27889902
I never said I liked anime anime you sperg burger. Besides, watching something takes less intelligence than playing something. My 2 year old cousin watches Pokemon for the pretty colors. All it's good for.
>>
Does this negative reception mean they'll change their mind about Ash's fate next reason?
>inb4 delusional ashnime fag
Call me whatever you want, as a loser I want my loser bro to succeed.
>>
>>27889993
It's too late, the damage has already been done
>>
Wait
so Narufrog really got one shot by Megazard X, even with all its bullshit synchro powerups?
>>
>>27890057
Yep
>>
>>27890028
Just like how the show was doomed after Unova. And Sinnoh.
>>
>>27889990
Sure go back to playing your games for intelligent persons, POKEMON holy shit my sides
>>
Not so late, they can make it become good as all fucking anime and not dumb
>>
>>27889993
no
>>
>>27889983
It's not that big a fucking deal. Christ, I stopped being mad about Ash after Tortunator showed up today.
>>27889988
Ever surmounting evidence there's no gyms in Sun/Moon. Plus it will probably just be like Orange Islands for Ash. Except he loses this time.
>>
So did Greninja get ANY hits on Charizars?
>>
>>27890129
landed a few but zard was too tough

pretty shit fight desu
>>
>>27890080
Both caused ratings drops
>>
>>27890093
You're right. I shouldn't critizise the Pokemon cartoon commercial. I am so sorry I triggered your feelings, please have your safe space back so you can grieve for your husbando's tragic loss.
>>
>>27890143
Damn
>>
>>27890080
I wonder if anything would doom the show by now.
>>
Please help protesting guys
>>
>>27890129
Shitloads. Charizard X barely seemed phased by it though, even though 50% Ash Greninja like 10 eps back was going even with it.
>>
File: forwhatpurpose.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
forwhatpurpose.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>27890072
then what the fuck was the point of it all
i don't understand
>>
>>27889530

No it's literally dead. It would've been a great finale to top off Ash's victory but as of now what's even the point
>>
>almost 17k
kek

KEK
>>
>>27890190
They either shit their pants or needed to keep the show going. Or both.
>>
>>27890203
>tfw the dislikes are speeding up instead of slowing down
oy
>>
File: xyz experience.jpg (58KB, 694x464px) Image search: [Google]
xyz experience.jpg
58KB, 694x464px
>>
>>27890190
That's the question we've all been wandering anon.
>>
>>27889635

Honestly at this point I would've preferred tthey brought Tobias back to cement the point that Ash is never ever going to win the league but this is just all new levels of bad. It shits on the entire XY series in retrospect and makes it literally worthless
>>
>>27890203
Lawl jap goal is 50k
>>
I expected nothing and I was still disappointed
>>
>>27890223

Why does the show have to end if he wins? Can't he just win and go on to the next region?
>>
>>27890264
Fitting end to gen 6 desu
>>
>>27890223
>They needed to keep the show going.

This. This is it. It's a commercial. Ash is the star. Winning is his goal. Any semblance of interest in his character dies out if he wins. May as well ask why Bart Simpson isn't in 5th grade yet or Elmer Fudd never shot Bugs in the face.
>>
>>27889803

Literally the episode before this has a million views and is incredibly well received. They can't even pretend to be that retarded
>>
>>27890281
It doesn't have to end, especially since Alola is changing things up a bit
But it seems the producers are too afraid of changing the status quo
>>
>>27890190
I dont really know.. But for sure now more fans will fucking dislike greeninja synchro, it seems that pokemon company also hate greeninja
>>
>>27890264
>Literally worthless

Win, lose, the show is still a shit fire in a tin trash can. It is literally dirt.
>>
>>27890149
>>27889990
You are seriously arguing that Pokemon games take intelligence to place.

Please, go to bed and rethink your life.
>>
>>27890310
They could have made him win the very first league, and then make his goal to conquer every league in the world

Each time with a team caught and trained in the region his currently in

Would be better than the shit we have
>>
>>27887279
there's only me on /vp/ :(
>>
>>27890310
>as soon as you win once, that's it, that's the end, no more after that
>>
>>27890397
>place

No you're right it would have been much more intelligent to suggest that Ash had a chance of winning the league. I'm sorry Ash losing again, and predictably, has triggered you, anon. I hope you and your husbando are able to recover.
>>
Guess how The Pokemon Company Will react at this protest
>>
>>27890568
It won't
>>
>>27890412
Probably, but they've dug their hole. Ash is never going to win, at least not while the show is planned to continue with him as the main character. If you don't like that, the show has never been for you.
>>
>>27890310
There are fuck tons of leagues to conquer and he has not won a single decent one, let's not say about beating E4
>>
>>27890568
>protest
This isn't a protest, these are legit dislikes. People all over the world, mainly japan, are legitimately pissed the fuck off.
>>
>>27890568

And I can't really picture how youd fix it.
Unless they retrospectively disqualify Alain because they found out he roided or something but even then it wouldn't be satisfying.
They need to pull the plug. The anime is dead.
>>
>>27890512
Yes. Once you win once every league after you have to win or fans will be just as butt hurt as you all are now. That's not this show and never has been. They're not trying to tell a good story, they're trying to sell you on merch and games.
>>
>>27890568
They will literally not and just keep releasing shit for sumo and people will get over it in a week.
>>
>>27890175
Ratings continue to decline even now, that's why XY pumped out fresh new high quality animation in a bid to try and be relevant again
>>
>>27889586
There's tons of people who don't take surveys like me.
>>
>>27890625
>the show has never been for you.
I dropped this show like 13 years ago, and never liked it that much in the first place
Came back for XY, because while it was still shit it looked like they were at least trying to improve
Then this happens
>>
>>27890677
That's literally a baseless assumption, a very retarded one at that too.
>>
>>27890677
That's like saying Yugi loses in every duel because otherwise the cards won't sell
>>
>>27890481
>all those times they accused me of samefagging they were right
I just edited the print with MS Paint
>>
>>27890717
You are delusional if you think this show is artistic beyond what it needs to be. They shit these out to make money, like Power Rangers, Transformers cartoons, He-Man, etc etc. They don't give a shit.
>>
>>27890677
>watching 130 episodes
>3 years
>loses anyways
Like, what's the fucking point of all the build up?
>>
>>27890697
it would've help boost if Ash win, is what many want, they want the protagonist to achieve something not trial and error
>>
>>27890719

Yugi losing was always great because you knew shit was bad.

Ash losing is just another Thursday.
>>
>>27889803
Who cares anymore? The only people who'll keep watching this piece of shit after this colossal trainwreck are little kids once again who eat any shit plot they throw at them.
>>
>>27890780
What the fuck is your point? You are implying that Ash losing this league somehow makes them more profit than winning. Explain how because so far your only point is "yes it ends here when Ash wins" and that's retarded.
>>
>>27890783
Nothing. Literally. The writers probably didn't sit down and discuss whether he would win. They plan on having him lose every season. Thats been obvious for over 12 years.
>>
>>27890780

Power Rangers damn sure cares right now because Samurai and Megaforce being shit and finger fucking two fan favorite sentai seasons made them bring back the show runner people love.

And Transformers is shifting market to adult fans and Hasbro sure as fuck cares about them. Its why the franchise G1 panders at every chance now.
>>
They fucked up after this
>>
>>27890798
but yugi won his duels and only had like 3 or 4 losses
>>
File: 1471260111641.jpg (214KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
1471260111641.jpg
214KB, 600x620px
>>27890568
>japanese company
>reacting to negative feedback with anything besides "prease keep enjoying the anime :^)"
>>
>>27890798
yeah, but hte point is, Ash winning and heading to a new league won't mean the show is over, instead people would like to see if he win the next time or not which is something they could've done, just flip a coin and chose if he win this time or not. The game will still sell, new pokemon will be shown, new strategies and what not.
>>
>>27890677

This is so fucking retarded it has no sound or logic. Why would a quality series be a worde commercial than a good series? How is a series that's constantly dropping its ratings and viewers be a good commercial? What kind of commercial tries to REDUCE it's target audience? You're trying to call it a commercial as if commercials could have no quality. But this is fucking retarded. Just imagine the wildfire that would've happened on social media if Ash actually won. Just imagine the free spread of Pokemon through media especially in zhe light of everyone being in the Pokemon fever with Go.

This MIGHT be their reasoning but it's still fucking dumb because they're just shooting themselves and everyone who follows the series in the foot. There is no winner from this. It's literally a lose-lose.
>>
>>27890841
I mean that they dont care. If he wins he has no motivation so they need a new protagonist but they dont want to give up on Ash and Pikachu That's all there is too it. Don't overthink it. The producers don't care.
>>
>>27889706
This, what the hell was that about?
>>
>people mad over Metal Gear Survive for being shit, for good reason
>people mad about Ash losing the tournament, for good reason

Why are japs so bad at maaking business decisions? How is that country not broke yet from all the bad decisions 90% of entertainment jap companies keeps making. They literally do the total opposite of what people want.
>>
>>27890412
Losing the first league was actually interesting when it happened. He failed as a trainer, he was naive and over confident. He wasnt ready. That is acceptable, as far as story telling goes, for a first arc of a hero, he should fail before he succeeds.

He could have maybe come in a close 4th or 2nd in Johto, showing major improvement, but up against better trainers. He finally earns the respect of the pokemin world, and dedicates himself to trying harder. He goes on to win a lower league, the orange islands, which is an achievement, but not as great.

He finally wins in Hoenn, releasing the tension that has built up, showing he is finally a pokemon master, and a champion. Hard work and dedication pay off, even if you fail you can come back and succeed. Great story arc, good story telling.

Then he loses again in Sinnoh because Tobias is a cheater (not technically, but using legendaries is like usign Steroids).

Then he comes back and wins in Unova and is vindicated over cheaters like Tobias.

STORY TELLING
>>
>>27890798
>Yugi losing was always great

Yugi or Atem to be more precise only lost 3 times:
Against Kaiba in Duelist Kingdom in the first season because he was going to commit suicide if he lost.
Against Rafael by being desperate to win to the point of using the Seal of Orichalcos.
And against Yugi in the final duel of the series.

I won't count against Rebeca because he did so on purpose and if we are only talking about the manga, he only lost against Kaiba and Rafael.
>>
>>27890891
>If he wins he has no motivation
He wants to be the best pokemon trainer, not just some nobody who wins a yearly pokemon league tournament
>>
>>27890677
Senna didn't win all of his races and was still praised all over the world.
>>
>>27890933
It's funny. Look at Bleach, nips are going insane
>>
>>27890933
Yet, people come back. Really makes u think...
>>
>>27890957
Once you let him win you can't have him lose to random mooks. Seriously? People don't know what the anime is about trying to defend it as if it was quality and not the equivalent to a shitty licensed back-pack.
>>
>>27890878

Which is what makes those loses exciting.

Compared to Ash losing a league for the sixth time in a row.
>>
>>27890933
>How is that country not broke yet from all the bad decisions 90% of entertainment jap companies keeps making
I'm wondering that too sometimes
>>
>>27890936
Ash has encountered every single legendary pokemon and yet he does not own a single legendary. Tobias may be injecting pokemon, but Ash is retarded
>>
I guarantee you, 100%, that there was never a discussion in the writers' room about whether Ash would win. They know he was going to lose, they knew it the second they started work on the season.
>>
>>27891049
>random mooks
If you hype a rival thorough the season he's not going to be a random mook anymore and the lose wouldn't be that bad
>>
>>27887190
They are eternal manchildren just like a lot of people on /vp/ who self-insert into Ash and are upset they lost?

Truly pathetic.

Glad Ash lost. His shitty digimon tier memefrog shouldn't even exist.
>>
>>27890959
Serena hasn't been the main character of the series for nearly 20 years.
>>
>>27891049
>you can't have him lose to random mooks
Why not? It would show him that being overconfident can lose you battles, that there are also good trainers and he should keep working hard instead of slacking of if he wants to become the best pokemon trainer. There are dozens of pokemon conferences in different regions and he has yet to win one. And he has not beaten an E4, and there are at least 6x E4+ champion
>>
>>27890995

I don't follow Bleach. How did they fuck up this time?

>>27891010

I'm not buying Metal Gear Survival, I know that. It's just not Metal Gear. I have no idea what Konami is thinking with that shit.

As for the ashime, doesn't it keep losing viewers? This just might be the straw that break's the camel's back.. or it might not. But what's amazing is how they don't realize what exactly is making them lose viewers.
>>
>>27889733
>filtered
>>
>>27891118
>Implying he isn't a manchildren for being in a pokemon board.
>>
Kids watching will learn a lesson about accepting defeat and move on.

Then new kids are in the age range to watch Ash on a new adventure and it starts all over.

And again.

And again.

Get over it. This isn't an anime made to have one big story tied together. It's just here to show you the new pokemon in an animated universe every few years.

You were never meant to watch this show all the way from season 1 to now.
>>
>>27891149
SENNA
>>
>>27891118
This is a very ironic post
>>
>>27890814
>Implying kids of these days watch the anime.

I hope they don't stay with this fallacy of "We should still aim for the children audience" when Kids right now are normies that just follow trends. And the kids that actually see pokemon are 3-4 yo that don't understand shit of what is happening.
>>
>>27891149
Senna. As in Ayrton Senna.
F1 Pilot.

He didn't win all the races, hell, in a few he wasn't even able to finish them.
When he won his firts Grand Prix he was praised, the same when he won his first whole season.
Did that make people dissapointed because he didn't win always after that? Of course not, that's what competition is about.
>>
>>27891239

Is he from some racing anime?
>>
>>27891049

In the Sinnoh league they made Pikachu tie with a fucking Latios and literally the first battle in Unova is against a kid who just started out with his Snivy and lost.

Why the fuck are you guys so adamant that Ash losing no matter is always possible but somehow making his journey continuenafter winning the league is impossible? It's fucling retarded.
Look at Ash now. He is literally Runner Up Champion. He is the second strongest Guy in Kalos. His Pikachu beat Two Pseudo Legends. Anything from here on is bullshit but the anime is gonna continue anyway.

What makes you think Ash winning would make anything different?
>>
>>27891237
then why do they use the same MC?
>>
>>27891193
Last chapter sucked and pissed off the only fans that mattered anymore to the point where people are speculating if Kubo did it on purpose because he was mad at Bleach being canceled essentially
>>
>>27891240
Not at all. I see the Pokémon anime for what it is and don't expect anything out of it other than showing off new Pokémon in anime form to generate excitement and sell me games and merch.

That's because I grew up.
You didn't, you're still as mentally developed as you were when you were 12.
>>
>>27891118
>self-insert

fuck off with your nigger memes back to your shithole
>>
>>27891237
>Japan
>new kids
>>
>>27891244

But Pokemon is a trend right now.

Go over took the world pretty hard.
>>
File: tear.jpg (16KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tear.jpg
16KB, 640x480px
>>27887190

> Ash cucked again

Oh boy, our hero!
>>
Boy I'm glad I only torrented parts of this season and contributed in no way to its ratings. Nor did I tell my friends to watch it either, I was hopeful and holding my breath to this moment, and now I'm a little bummed and surprised, but in the end I don't really care. Won't be watching Alola anime like I did this one, that's for sure.
>>
>>27891275

Why does everyone ignore that there was context to Pikachu losing that fight?
>>
File: 1471031028051.jpg (154KB, 450x585px) Image search: [Google]
1471031028051.jpg
154KB, 450x585px
>>27890690
The saddest out come
>>27891244
The show has always been made for japanese kids

Also, it's now over 16,000 dislikes
>>
Guys, next you'll be wondering why Team Rocket didn't catch Pikachu?

Oh they made you think that they might actually succeed this time? Adorable.
>>
>>27891239
>>27891260
>>27891149
Disregard that, I suck cocks
>>
>>27891297
And that is the problem. But like any other trend, they are going to die.

I just hope they actually make a better anime with an interesting plot and and that they kill ash
>>
Ash losing was a bad marketing decision
If he won, it would generate a lot of hype

The show can still continue even if he becomes the champion of one league
>>
>>27891279

Because they can't replace Pikachu and replacing Ash with another Pikachu user would be kind of awkward.

>>27891284

Orihime was endgame from day fucking one. Ichiruki was never a proper ship in the context of the manga. Ever. She got her own love interest like a year in.
>>
>>27891327

Point still stands. If they can just reset Pikachu like that, what makes people think Ash can't continue after winning the league?
>>
>>27891371
STOP FUCKING POSTING BLEACH SPOILERS ON THE POKEMON FORUM GO TO /a/ REEEE.
>>
>>27891371
>Because they can't replace Pikachu and replacing Ash with another Pikachu user would be kind of awkward.

Why does it matter? You said that everybody should stop watching after their repsective league as a kid anyways. Why should SM be about a new trainer and his Togedemaru?
>>
>>27891366
Who the fuck cares?
Would your life be any different right now if Ash had won?

If the end result is the same, then why does it matter?
>>
>>27891366

Seriously. No "it's just a commercial xd get over it" shitposter can justify that if Ash won the league the anime would skyrocket in ratings and literally all Go normies that are back in the hype would go watch it. It's a horrible decision no matter what they try to achieve.
>>
>>27891239
>>27891260
>>27891347
Wait. I got the answer to that myself by typing about Senna and competitions.

Japanese people don't follow what competition is about at all. Is like they're unable to.

If a character is deemed as "the best", is because that character always win "unless something out of place happens".

Meanwhile, for the west, the "best" at something is mostly because they're more consistent at winning or getting good places, not because they win every and all times.

You just need to see most shonen anime, the MC is usually the underdog but somehow he wins and thus is the best, and by being the best he can't lose anymore. That plus the higher ups being too stubborn about not wanting the status quo is what made the writers shit this chapter.

"If Ash wins a league is over", but that's absolutely wrong, I don't know about any champion that retires just after getting his first title. Damn gook executives.
>>
>>27887279
Not that many people browse /vp/ anon.
>>
>>27891285
No, I'm saying that it's funny you're calling them manchildren when you're posting on the same online Mongolian sketch pad as they are.

Nice projecting though.
>>
>>27891237

This makes the more sense desu. The thing about children's entertainent is that your viewers have a short memory since new ones replace the old ones within a few years. So you can keep repeating the same shit over and over again and it'll be brand new to most of your viewers.
This is why shit like Sesame Street and Barney have stayed on their air for so long, doing the same things over and over.. and this is exactly what the ashime is doing. They keep repeating the same episodic stories they've been doing since Season 1, with new characters except Ash.

Like anon said, what they're trying to convey by Ash losing each time is to how kids that if you lose, you should accept defeat, move on and better yourself.
He will never win. Get over it and stop watching this show made for literal 10 year olds. The demographic for the anime will never grow older than that.
>>
>>27891465
>If the end result is the same, then why does it matter?
The end result is not the same
Just look at what's happening right now
>>
>>27891468
Wait, you sincerely believe that the casual adult fans playing GO would all jump back on the Pokemon Anime because they heard Ash won? Do you really believe that?
>>
>>27891377

It stands a bit but Pikachu still only lost to Snivy because he was injured by Zekrom.
>>
>>27890690
>sumo
you are part of the problem
>>
>17,000 dislikes
I hope it all burns to the ground and the writers kill themselves. They deserve it.
>>
>>27891371
Hey, I ain't supporting it. I'm just saying what's going on.
>>
>>27891465

>Why do you care about a series being good?
>Why do you care about your favorite series being successful
>Why do you care about sharing that experience with others?

Yeah why? What's the point of anything? Literally go kys you fucking retard
>>
>>27891429
>>27891429

I never said that.

I'm not whatever anon you were talking to.
>>
>>27891345

> Guys, next you'll be wondering why Team Rocket didn't catch Pikachu?

First, there is a difference between a villain and a hero character.

Second, that depends on what you mean catching: if you mean capturing Pikachu for an episode, then yes that can be pulled out. If you mean permanently capturing Pikachu then no because it's a main character and it would end the series.

The problem is that Ash winning a league doesn't mean that the anime or his adventures must end. Also I must point that up today there was never 'specific' of what a Pokémon Master is.

And finally, even if Ash had to lose there are thousand of more significantly ways they could do that. How about Ash forfeiting the competition to save another? How about Ash almost winning but then changing his mind because of an external reason?

And even if they choose that Ash had to lose to a battle, how about try to make a battle at least as epic as Tobias?
>>
>>27891515
All I see is a bunch of manchildren crying like idiots because they don't understand what the pokémon anime is about or how it works despite having watched it for so many years.
>>
>>27891537
TV Tokyo probably appreciates the views
>>
>>27891371
>Ichiruki was never a proper ship in the context of the manga
i and everyone else in the world mustve read a different bleach then
>>
>>27890936
That actually sounds better
>>
>>27891522

My normie friend playing Go LITERALLY told me a week ago they'd watch the anime if they saw Ash as an adult. So yeah I'm pretty fucking convinced they'd do.
>>
>>27891564
>it's a main character and it would end the series.

No? Ash could just go on without Pikachu. They could get another one in, or use a different Pokemon.
>>
>>27891511
>Like anon said, what they're trying to convey by Ash losing each time is to how kids that if you lose, you should accept defeat, move on and better yourself.
They can make him win the league and lose against one of the E4. Or make him win and convey the message that if you win, you shouldn't be overconfident and be constant
>>
>>27891558
If the pokémon anime is your favorite anime then you have some severe issues you should work on.

Have you tried watching a REAL anime show that isn't made to sell game merch and aimed at 10 year olds?
>>
>>27891581
I don't remember much but all I know is that if the most popular pairing gets fucked over there's going to be hell to pay. Nips are insane when it comes to this stuff.

Serena being cucked when?
>>
>>27890936
HIS,HIS,HIS AND HIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....

Ash is the worst written character i ever seen.
>>
>>27887279
/vp/ is just one guy with schizophrenia and a bunch of IPs.
>>
>>27891576
Wouldn't it be interesting if Google makes a new policy that affects the way how a video is monetized is lowered if the dislike ratio is too high?
>>
>>27891602
1 person says they'd watch if something completely unrelated to what we're talking about happens. Ok?
>>
>>27891570
And some of those manchildren would be buying Greninja merchandise instead of crying on /vp/, generating more revenue for the Pokemon company

The end result would be completely different
>>
>>27889635

The anime has literally always been utter dogshit in terms of story and character development.

We liked it when we were kids because you got to see Pokemon on the TV and shit. If you actually expected anything new to happen despite the fact that it's been maybe 18 years since Ash actually developed as a character then that's your fault.

Ash turned to shit when he started dumping his old Pokemon for literally no reason.
>>
>>27891522
>all

No, you fool, he still makes a valid point about controlling hype. XYZ's hype levels alone brought back old viewers who otherwise dropped the show long ago but were drawn by greater animation quality and the hyped possibility of Ash winning the League.

To lose all those people is a terrible decision.
>>
>>27891609
> No? Ash could just go on without Pikachu. They could get another one in, or use a different Pokemon.

Nice opinion, but no. Pikachu is one of the main characters and also THE rooster character of the anime series. They are not replacing him.
>>
>>27891654

>They

Are you a being a retard on purpose? Even with the typo, I'm serious are you a fucking retard?
>>
>>27891609
>Ash could just go on without Pikachu
Nigga Pikachu is literally more important than Ash
>>
>>27891581

You must have because Orihime and Ichigo's relationship starts building early on and Ichigo and Rukia are only friends, and then Renji is introduced as Rukia's love interest and Orihime and Ichigo's relationship never stops getting pushed. At least the Sasunaru fags were only partially delusional.
>>
>>27891620
Funny how you're calling him childish but your post sounds underage as fuck.

Very few anime, likely none of the ones you're thinking as "real anime shows", is made to sell merch of some kind.
>>
File: 1468506653703.png (205KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
1468506653703.png
205KB, 500x360px
>>27891632
Soon
>>
>>27891665
Exactly.

This anime is for seeing the new gen's pokemon and for looking at hot pokégirls.

Nothing more.

>>27891694
Go learn some English if you're confused at a singular "they"
>>
>>27891570
If you piss off the viewers of your commercial cartoon, they might not buy your merchandise next time.
>>
>>27891345
>Guys, next you'll be wondering why Team Rocket didn't catch Pikachu?

I dont follow the anime anymore. Are they seriously still trying to catch the damn rat?
>>
>>27889803

>actual plot

This is literally "and it was all a dream" in a different form. Setting up something and then not delivering on it for no reason is not a story, especially when you've been doing the exact same thing for 20 years.
>>
>>27891682
I don't agree with this meme that the show would have to end just because Pikachu got captured? Ash could still go on and be a champion, doing it in memory of his Pikachu. It wouldn't ruin the show.
>>
>>27891581
You probably read with Tumblr lens
>>
>>27890879
Indeed.
>>
>>27891570

>Le manchildren meme

So what's the difference between Go players and other Pokemon fans? Oh right the numbers. Guess what would be different if the anime wasn't dogshit.
>>
>>27891718
Yes it would.
This is a fucking show for kids.

This isn't Death Note or Monster.

You're trying to make this show something it isn't at all. And abandoning Pikachu is one of those things.
>>
>>27891634
>Ash is the worst written character i ever seen.

He's a self-insert character. Always was. It only intensified as the show went on.

He's shit, period.
>>
>>27891704
>>27891704
I meant is made to sell no merch. Fuck I messed up.

What I mean is almost all anime are made to sell. This is a bullshit argument when arguing about anime, even more so if you try to pass other anime as some higher form of entertainment.
>>
Will they just give up now and fucking skip 20 years later already with hobo ash? Maybe a more mature story for the last season of this fucking series? Him getting back to misty so people who actually gave a fuck can at least see it end in peace? Him finding out who is father was and with a original plotline? Because how else are they gonna end this fucking series. All i can think of is a 10 to 15 year skip with a emotional travel back home with misty waiting and then hitting up married bock with 20 kids. They have one job and thats all they need to do.
>>
>>27891742
Yeah no.
Besides, GO is dying already anyway. The normie hype is over. They liked reminiscing about their childhood and genwun (the only gen they like) for a bit over a month and that's it.
>>
>>27891699
Something must've gone wrong if IchiRuki's the most popular pairing.
>>
>>27891694
>Not knowing 'they' as singular pronoun is acceptable

And no. One of your little friends saying they'd watch the show in a completely different scenario is not evidence that having Ash win would bring in Go normies in droves enough to matter.
>>
>>27891261
see>>27891260
>>
>>27889586
that survey was proxy'd
>>
>>27887190
12,000 japs on suicide watch
>>
>>27891743
No, it wouldn't. Like explain how it'd have to end? Team Rocket fans and fans who cared about them from back in the day, brought back in by Go and the anniversary would love to see TR succeed in their goals and also would bring a new shake up to the series.
>>
>>27891704

Bull fucking shit.

Most anime are made to sell merchandise.

Figures, keychains, gatcha toys. These things bank on the otaku pouring their money into them.

Shows like Monster are pretty rare.
>>
>>27891778
>Misty
It's impressive how commited in their delusions some people are.
>>
>>27891778
>They have one job and thats all they need to do.

Yeah, their one job is to have self-insert Ash in a fresh region meeting new pokemon, 2-3 new people to travel with and to sell you pokemon games and merch through making their 10 year old audience watch the show to see those new pokemon.

Then those kids grow up and other kids start watching it and become the target audience.

Repeat forever until they decide it's the last season of the show. Then Ash wins and that's it.
>>
>>27891822
It's like 17k now
>>
>>27891794

I was fishin for (you)s but I posted too late.
>>
what's crazy is the total views to dislike ratio, like 4:1
>>
>>27891699
the only thing that starts building early on is how close ichigo and rukia are and how one sided orihimes feelings are. renji pops in as the childhood friend. theres a reason why that pairing was expected and why people are upset. and that reason wasnt because people just read the manga wrong
>>
>>27891833
Yes. I fucked up badly. >>27891759

The point I was trying to make before botching it is that the "Real anime" >>27891620 was talking about are likely as merchandise driven as Pokémon.
>>
>>27891779
>>27891788

Literally a month ago you didn't know Go normies would exist. You can't tell me you can predict how they would behave. How can you be oh so fucking sure they wouldn't jump to see their childhood conclude when literally everything points to the opposite. Oh wait yeah, you're pulling it out of your ass.
>>
>>27891836
Does anyone actually give a fuck about anything other than season 1? How the fuck do you think its gonna end. Its gonna end how it started because thats how these long series that have to make one last big rating ends. Getting everyone back to wacth the fucking show
>>
>>27891829

We had a season where Team Rocket succeeded and everyone hated it.

The Rocket stuff was especially hated by Japanese and American fans above most everything else in BW.
>>
>>27891846
>Yeah, their one job is to have self-insert Ash in a fresh region meeting new pokemon, 2-3 new people to travel with and to sell you pokemon games and merch through making their 10 year old audience watch the show to see those new pokemon.

They can still do that even if Ash wins a league
And him winning it NOW would be good move since a lot of older wievers have gained an interest in Pokemon again thanks to GO
>>
What do you guys think he'll lose to in the next season? I hope it's a Raichu
>>
>>27891900
It doesn't fucking matter you retard.

GO players are normies who know like 10 to 20 genwun pokemon and that's all they like. The majority of them doesn't even WANT new gens in GO, they think they're all stupid designs and ruined pokemon.

It's a different beast than people who play pokemon games.

Will a few GO players get Sun and Moon?
Yeah.

Does Ash not winning this league have any effect on it whatsoever? No.
>>
>>27891901
Do you seriously think everyone who started watching Pokémon 20 years ago still give a fuck about things ending up like that? Most who stayed with the series came to appreciate other companions Ash had through the years. Most who left will probably not come back. Especially so in Japan, the west cares a lot more about staying true to the original season and Gen1 than the Japanese do, so it would be pointless to them, when the anime lost expression here but it's still popular in Japan.
And that's not even taking into account the fans who get on after Original series, which are a lot of people by now.
>>
>>27887190

The Japanese got fed up during BW and just when they thought X/Y was going to change stuff Ash just gets merked by some edgy faggot with a Mega Charizard (A Pokemon that has nowhere near the popularity in Japan that it has overseas)

I think Japan's biggest problem with the series is that it tries to take itself seriously but it can't help but go through the motions, and Ash losing the Kalos league is proof. No amount of hype, no amount of powerful Pokemon were going to change the fact that he had to lose. He got hit by half a dragon claw and blast burn and that undid an entire season's worth of hard work.
>>
The channel appears to have disabled comments, or at the very least prevented mobileposters from viewing them.
>>
>>27891960

XYORAS's sales are actually picking up because of Go so you know it is drawing people in.

On top of that a lot of kids are being introduced to Pokemon through Go and getting into the franchise and they're interested in later Pokemon.

My three year old niece told me Dialga looked like the coolest Pokemon ever and wanted to catch one in Go, and you shitters are all 13 and you love the new Pokemon.
>>
KEEP GOING THE DISLIKE, HOPE THE ENTIRE WEB SPEAKS ABOUT THIS
>>
>>27891930
Yes, in an ideal world Ash would have won long ago actually and we'd get completely new people each season. That way they could all have different, more mature storylines to them and be more interesting characters than "He's just such a good guy and never does any wrong!"

But that's just not what the creators want this show to be and we are not their audience.
>>
>>27891960

Oh and you get this from where? Oh right out of your ass
>>
>>27892003
Season 1 was the only decent thing though. And i bet you its gonna end in a going home end and seeing how life moved on, i bet you everything because its typical.
>>
>>27887190
Reaching the call of ghostbusters infinity baby trailer 2016 feat ludacris
>>
>>27892004
>He got hit by half a dragon claw and blast burn and that undid an entire season's worth of hard work.
This is my problem with the conclusion.
I never let myself expect too much from it, so I was expecting Ash to lose, or the league to be interrupted.
But why after all those episodes bulding up Greninja and the excellent first part of their match, they didn't do a more memorable and enjoyable fight? I doubt as many people would be upset if Alan won by a neck instead of having Charizard X curbstomp a pokemon that was established not long ago to be on the same level as it.
>>
TV Tokyo FUCKED UP Guysss
>>
>>27892081
>Season 1 was the only decent thing though
Not it fucking wasn't, have you rewatched it recently?
Pokemon Anime was always trash, the only reason you are saying that is because of nostalgia
>>
File: done.png (21KB, 632x276px) Image search: [Google]
done.png
21KB, 632x276px
I really never bother disliking any videos, but I'll make an exception this time for a good cause
>>
>>27887190
HOLY SHIT AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
>>
>>27892122
Only if they ditch Ash after alola.

In that case, yes, he should have won.

If not then it doesn't matter
>>
>>27891465
We wanted him to win you fucking retard.
Ask your parents if there was an accident of any sort during your birth, O might be on to something
>>
>>27891960

>Disregarding 100 million (or however many users PoGo actually had I don't know the actual number) as "lol normies xd"

Even IF you were right (big fucking if, no group that large is so homogenuous) you'd be a completr idiot not even TRYING to win that crowd. 1% of 100 million is still 1 million
>>
>>27892175
Well done anon
>>
File: 1465943532336.png (363KB, 398x764px) Image search: [Google]
1465943532336.png
363KB, 398x764px
>>27887190
What's amazing is that Federation Force has 10k likes and 88k dislikes. I can't see this hitting 1k likes. The like to dislike ratio will only get worse. Also, the anime has been doing worse each month, and that recent TV Tokyo financial report shows that the anime is their least profitable young boy's anime they have.

The Pokemon Anime will die in your lifetime. This episode is only the beginning of the end.

Pic related is how I personally feel about this episode. As an Anon has said, this was the perfect moment for Ash to win the league especially when Pokemon has newfound momentum when it comes to popularity. Ash winning the league is what everyone ranging from normies to neets wanted to get out of today's episode. This backlash is well deserved.
>>
>>27892175
>abooboo weewee I have a hurty poopoo

this is you
>>
>>27892175
>almost 18k
How high can it go?
>>
>>27892029
Tell your niece she has shit taste.
>>
>>27892029
What posters like you fail to realize is that Japan is not like America, Australia, Europe or wherever you live.

The odds of a kid there getting into Go and not knowing Pokémon already are minimal, given the anime having good rates and airing at what is essentially kids animation primetime. And we have Pokémon Sunday, a variety show all about the franchise.
Kids know and probably were into Pokémon at some point.

The most go is doing is bringing back some older kids and adults, but even them it is not the massive amount of people going back that /vp/ thinks it is. It tells more about this board than anything else when people assume everyone their age is jumping back in the anime because of Go.
>>
>>27892081

Kanto's first year being more of a gag anime makes it feel like such a different show.

You can tell though after Koga's gym they decided to stretch the show out longer and keep the same basic direction and everything started to slip up.
>>
>>27892193
No one fucking cares about what you want. You are not the target audience, you are irrelevant.

One day you will realize this.
Actually, you won't. You'll probably stay a manchild until the day you die.
>>
>>27892241
If it gets spoken on site journals 50k till the next week
>>
>>27892016
Most corporate channels in Japan do, at least video games ones.
>>
>>27892257
>implying the kids didn't want to see the main character win
>>
File: 1469545076833.png (76KB, 339x473px) Image search: [Google]
1469545076833.png
76KB, 339x473px
>tfw they will never animate the damn mango.

Not even a single ova, shit hurts. The anime is pretty much a zombie at this point.
>>
>>27892246
Exactly. GO is a mostly separated instance of success and only bits of it will swap over and have an effect on the main Pokémon franchise and games.

Yes some GO players picked up X&Y and some will buy Sun and Moon.

But overall it doesn't matter. And GO players certainly had nothing to do with Ash losing a league in an anime they haven't watched since Kanto. Hell if anything they only hear about this from the news on some site like reddit, they didn't actively go out to watch this finale.
>>
>>27892257
say that to all the kids in japan getting angry at this outcome
>>
File: tumbling_down.jpg (92KB, 613x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tumbling_down.jpg
92KB, 613x1024px
>one dislike everytime I refresh
The Japs are furious. Have they become KEK itself?
>>
>>27892317
They always do.

But accepting defeat and that you can still move on is the lesson here.

It's a lesson you got when you were 10 and watched the show. And it's a lesson kids who are 10 right now learned today.

And in a few years new kids will watch, cheer for Ash and be sad when he loses, but learn a lesson.

>>27892346
Same as every few years, irrelevant. Not what it's about.
>>
Do we have any numbers other than that dislike bar on how this affected things yet?
>>
>>27892224
>the anime has been doing worse each month,
If this is true, >>27889803 will probably turn out to be right. They'll assume the backlash is due to the current format and direction of the series instead of fans they still have angry at this particular development, and go back to something safer.
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 660x371px
>>27892257
>I'm the only one that thinks that way
Don't bother asking your parents, it's pretty much confirmed
>>
Masudas fucked up face when
>>
>>27892362

When I was 9 and Ash lost I screamed "This wouldn't have happened if Bulbasaur evolved"

And then everyone else complained because Charizard just gave up in a terrible fight that didn't stand up to the ones before it.
>>
can I get adventures yet
>>
>there are people on /vp/ who are unironically mad that Ash lost, and surprised that he lost.

The worst part is that you are creating these weird conspiracy theories that a writer who has been writing for Pokemon since AG was somehow brought back for just one episode to make Ash lose, or you think that the Japanese are going to kill someone when its just anger from the same autistic Japanese fans of this shitty anime. This isn't even comparable to the "death threats" that Anno got, which by the way, never really actually happened and he got a lot of praise for that ending anyway. I guess that's what happens when the majority of you are just underaged faggots.
>>
A message to everyone, Thank you for supporting us! Keep the movement up, and let the notice be spoken everywhere
>>
>>27892452

Never. But it's okay I'll suffer alongside you.
>>
>>27892476
The death threats to Anno never happened? Tell me more, I'm curious now. Did Gainax come up with that shit to generate buzz or something?
>>
>>27892496
Never lose hope anon
>>
>>27892447
>the only leagues ash had a real chance of winning were sinnoh and this one
>god forbid ash wins once so they have tobias drop SMOGON: THE EXPERIENCE on him so he jobs to darkrai
>this one shouldve been free considering they built him up to beat alain and ash grenigger stomped the tournament
>lolnope status quo

im not mad, and im not surprised, im just disappointed that every fucking season has ash being built up and getting this stronk ass team. but then jobs for some reason so he can chuck his shitmons in a box again and go to the new region

hell he might win the fucking alola league because there fucking isnt one
>>
I find it hilarious that even the Japs are sick of this no development shit, and they have much more of a tolerance for formulaic storytelling than the West.
>>
>>27887190
>18k and counting
>>
>>27889899
Not anymore.
>>
Thats an Epic fan revenge
>>
>>27892558
I'm more disappointed at how underwhelming the fight was than Ash losing, honestly. To me all that buildup was leading to a pretty good fight, even more so after last week's episode. Ash winning was never a thought I entertained seriously.
>>
>people want a fucking product tie-in anime to be something it isn't

Pretty sad.

Maybe you should all go watch some real anime. Hell, even just watching Death Note must BLOW your minds.
>>
>>27889899
Well after today, Greninja became a piece of shit for every kid
>>
>>27890814
The funny thing is, I saw these words at the end of Sinnoh League.
I saw them at the end of Unova.
And I see them again.

In part from the same people. Because they still didn't drop the trainwreck, and took the same fucking bait yet again.
And they will do it next time.
>>
>>27891620
>>27892640
>Doesn't answer the people calling him out on his REAL ANIME bullshit
>Comes back a while later with the same shit.
>>
>>27892673
Good. Fuck that shitty digimon deus ex machina frog.
>>
>>27892558

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed because this was the actual time to do it. It's the big 20th anniversary and it really was the time.

>>27892506

http://wiki.evageeks.org/End_of_Evangelion_Death_Threats#The_Death_Threats_Sequence

He did get some, but he got a lot of praise too.
>>
>>27892640
NIGGA I'VE BEEN WATCHING THIS SHIT BEFORE I EVER PLAYED A GAME AND MY DESIRE IS THE FUCKING SAME AS ASH'S!! FOR HIM TO WIN A FUCKING POKEMON LEAGUE@!@!@:oij#)ij IS THAT TOOOOO MUCH TO ASK??????:fM;'PJF'IODF asdlkjfd
>>
>>27892708
I fucking laughed
>>
God damn it. It took me 20 years to realize that the writers are just going to keep throwing this shit at my face, even with hype, increased budget, and other shit, just to prove this message of "Winning doesn't matter". They're just shills for Gamefreak too.

I'll just watch it for the animation now if they can even do Sun and Moon. Dreams for ash won't resurface.
>>
>>27892740
you need to be 18 to post here
>>
>>27892640

>Death Note
>Not a product tie-in anime

Are you 12 or something?

Also most shows like Pokemon would have their main character win the league in the end, and then move on to the next tournament. It's pretty common.
>>
>>27892740
Grow up. You're pathetic.
>>
I guess now we can be sure Greninja wull just be sent to Oak.
With all the spotlight and especially the huge popularity burst he got with Japanese fans I was expecting them to have Ash bring both Pikachu and memefrog to Alola.
>>
>>27889635
>using guillotine to KO two

Oh wow kek. I don't watch the ashnime but that's fucking horrendous
>>
>>27890957
The thing is, once he wins the League, it's time for him to aim for greater heights, that is, stuff like the Champion League. The games don't have that, so you can't have him do that, as then the premise of the show and the games would be too different to use as proper advertisement of the games.
>>
File: 1470059380439.png (141KB, 481x452px) Image search: [Google]
1470059380439.png
141KB, 481x452px
>>27887190
>Japanese studio
>Caring what gaijin pirating anime thinks
LOL
>>
>>27892816
Ash had Cut on one of his pokemon.

Yes, cut.

He deserves to lose.
>>
The time Ash wins a league will probably be the series finale
>>
>>27892775
>>27892783
I'M 33 YOU FUCKS!!!!!! STOP TREADING ON ME FAGGGGGGGOOOOOTTTSS!!! please stop.
>>
>>27892673

I still love triangle ninja frog.

He's just the victim of bad writing.
>>
>>27892874
Yup.
It's pretty easy to see this being true.

They'll decide "okay, this is the last season" at some point in the future. That's when he gets to win.
>>
>>27892879
>im 33
sure you are champ

literally no 33 year old talks like you, and considering the rampant invasion of 10 year olds im inclined to believe youre underage b&
>>
>>27892711
Oh. I always thought the death threats thing people talked about was about the tv anime ending, not EoE. Precisely because the enormous amount of praise it got and still gets, while tv ending is divisive.
>>
File: 1471083741657.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1471083741657.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>27892640
Tell us what defines a "Real" anime anon. Go on I'll wait
>>
>>27892048
> Yes, in an ideal world Ash would have won long ago actually and we'd get completely new people each season.

Ash winning a league doesn't mean he has to be replaced.
>>
>>27892867
Every single game have E4s. Why can't he aim to beat them?
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-19+at+02.58.21).jpg (110KB, 853x610px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-19+at+02.58.21).jpg
110KB, 853x610px
20k soon,
>>
TUMBLING DOWN
>>
>>27892927
Anything that isn't aimed at a target audience of 10-12 year olds and isn't just a tie-in for a product.
>>
>>27887190
>what did the japs mean by this?
That they wanted a character that has everything granted to win using his magic-Greninja asspull no jutsu.
>>
File: dam.jpg (103KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
dam.jpg
103KB, 640x640px
>>27887190
>check their other videos
>those dislikes
>>
>>27892933
I agree. Pokemon Master doesn't mean 'master of one region.'

He could go to a new region, expect to be famous, and have no one recognise him.

Perhaps because said region is too culturally different AND DOESN'T HAVE GYM LEADERS.

GEE, IT WRITES ITSELF.
>>
>>27892961
Too bad most animes are either tied in for a product or geared towards selling merchandise despite being original then.
>>
Well, it was a fun ride. I'll push through with the team flare arc but for now gonna go watch Yugioh Arc V for something more satisfying.
>>
>>27892868
they're livid on 2ch, they're probably more pissed off than anyone here
>>
>>27893009
Not really.
Also
>animes

Leave
>>
>>27892362
>And in a few years new kids will watch, cheer for Ash and be sad when he loses, but learn a lesson.
> kids don't watch older generations

Furthermore, I am sure that 15º generation kids will not be meet with "Oh boy, do you really think Ash will win? Like he lost in the previous 14 generations?"
>>
>>27892961
>and isn't just a tie-in for a product.
So all anime that are tie-ins for the Manga aren't real anime?
>>
>>27892926

They did get those. Someone vandalized the Gainax building over it, but he got support too. I'm not really sure how many of the EoE letters are actually accurate though.

Most of the support however came from female fans who did not typically like anime, and most of the death threats were from otaku.

>"Lately due to the ending of episodes #25 and #26, some people started watching Evangelion. They were not anime fans. In fact many of them are females and they tell me that they really enjoyed episode #25, objectively. Most anime fans are furious. I understand their anger. I can't help laughing when hard-core anime fans say that we did a very lousy job, with intentional negligence. No we didn't. No staff members did a lousy job. In fact, every member at Gainax gave more energy than anybody can imagine. I feel sad that those fans couldn't see our efforts. Personally I think the original TV ending we showed ended up beautifully." Hideaki Anno, Protoculture Addicts 43
>>
>>27890340
This. It seems that the pokemon company is afraid of the hype and success, Pokemon Go is a global success, it is the 20th anniversary, new and old fans were expecting Ash to win the league, this could fucking break the internet, specially when Yo kai watch is taking the throne little by little in Japan, this was the perfect chance, but they fucking blew it.
>>
File: 1470728822717.jpg (8KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
1470728822717.jpg
8KB, 222x227px
>>27887190
>>
>>27893055
A manga adaption is not the same thing as an anime made to sell kids pokemon games, digimon games, yo-kai watch games etc.
>>
>>27893050
>I still mess up writing "anime"
I deserved that.
But tell me how most anime are not commercial then, instead of dodging the question.
>>
>>27893078
>specially when Yo kai watch is taking the throne little by little in Japan
Oh boy this again
>>
>>27893088
Every anime is meant to make money, duh.
But that's not equal to just being made to run along a product line of video games and toys.

Did the creators of Monster want to make money? Yeah, everyone does.

But it's not the same as Pokémon or Digimon.
>>
>>27893084
It's still made to sell the manga, therefore it's a tie in
>>
>>27893050

They are. A majority of anime push product.

Especially now. Only a very small percent of anime don't push merchandise at some point.

Also there is no such thing as "real anime" so you should really go fuck yourself kid. I'd call it bait but I was 14 once too and I remember my friends and I being just like you.
>>
>>27890340
This is yet another example of game team and anime team having no synergy whatsoever. Nothing really new there.
>>
>>27893146
You can try to be clever and move your goalposts all you want, everyone knows what is meant and that I am right.
>>
>>27892757
> "Winning doesn't matter"
> the objective of every Pokémon game is to win

Nice job GameFreak.
>>
>>27892757
>I'll just watch it for the animation

Only took you 20 years to understand what this anime is about.

1. Seeing new pokemon.
2. Fapping to hot pokegirls.
>>
>>27893172
No goalposts have not been moved, a lot of the time the Manga came first and then the anime was made to sell more copies
>>
File: 314231_front.jpg (37KB, 329x476px) Image search: [Google]
314231_front.jpg
37KB, 329x476px
>>27893131

Monster is one of the few anime that didn't have a toy push.

You're going to be hard pressed to find an anime that isn't selling toys to some degree. Especially if you look back in the 00s where nearly every anime got a tie-in visual novel or game.
>>
>all those frog hype
LITERALLY FOR WHAT PURPOSE
>>
>>27893224

Or the manga is made second and the two are promoting one another in tandem.
>>
As someone who absolutely hates the existence of full power god mode ash greninja, I'm happy.

They should have never done that.
>>
>>27893224
This. Very few anime adaptations are not made for the purpose of boosting the source material sales.

Usually you can tell that's the case if the anime came after the manga is finished. And even when that happens, it is because the manga was wildly popular on it's on and so the anime is pretty much sure to sell itself and new franchise-related merch, so it's still commercial reasons.
>>
>>27893267
Well there you go, you just admitted most anime is made to promote something

Was that so hard
>>
>>27893286
>Usually you can tell that's the case
Usually you can tell if that's NOT the case...

Goddammit what the fuck is wrong with me today.
>>
>>27893306

I am not that fag.

I'm supporting you in saying that this shit is all to push merch.
>>
>>27893248
He even got an official "amv"
>>
>>27892945
It's not directly established to be a thing in the show.
You have Champion League first.
It'd also make little sense. He'd win the League, get a shot at E4, loses, and repeat. It'd probably end before going through all the members too.
>>
>>27893306
>implying that's me

Sorry if you can't tell the difference between a kids anime made to run along new product lines such as pokemon, yokai watch, digimon etc. and shows like death note, monster or black lagoon then I can't help you any further
>>
>>27893330
OH alright sorry m8
>>
>>27893271

> the solution for an overpowered character is to make him lose without regard to logic or worldbuilding

The problem isn't losing, it's how he lost.
>>
>>27893355

Death Note is still pushing merchandise to this day. Especially the notebook itself.

Revy also has a shit ton of figures.
>>
File: 1462249122590.png (224KB, 372x325px) Image search: [Google]
1462249122590.png
224KB, 372x325px
>>27893355
So they also have to be dark and serious to be real anime as well
>>
>>27893078
Go has nothing to do with the league though. The episode was mostly finalized by the time Go came out (and became a hit)
>>
>>27893343
>It'd also make little sense
Makes more sense than losing every single time
>>
>>27893409
I'm not saying that these shows do not have merch available.

I'm saying that it's a different priority.

With Death Note, they made the show (and manga, duh) and then the merchandise around it.

It's different with Pokémon.
Here the merchandise was the priority right away and they made a show _around_ that.

Do you not understand this?
>>
>>27893355
>Death Note
You had me until that.
This has to be either bait or a 14 year old. Have you somehow missed the gigantic amount of DN merchandise and adaptations out ever since it came out? Maybe the manga wasn't made solely for that purpose (and as a Shonen Jump manga, Ohba and Obata probably still had success in mind. Authors who just care about manga as an art form or some shit don't go for weekly shonen jump), but the manga has been over for almost a decade by now. DN falls in the second case anon listed here >>27893286
>>
>>27891118
>>27891285
Nobody self-inserts, the issue is that we have been waiting 20 years for this moment and know we'll have to wait 23 or 24, it's just frustrating.
>>
>>27893451
Read
>>27893443

I don't know how to make the difference between these types of shows any clearer.
>>
>>27893443

But those shows exist to sell merchandise.

That's the key reason anime exists. To sell merchandise to otaku. It's why the market has shifted so badly to waifu garbage.

You don't seem to grasp that anime's number one priority is merchandise sales. It's why you have six people arguing against you right now.
>>
>>27893429
Not really. This goes back to what has been esfablished. Having Ash win would change the way his story unfolds in a way that does not reflect your goals in the game.
>>
>>27893443
I'm pretty sure with Pokemon it was "Game, Anime, THEN merchandise"

It's no different from a lot of other anime that are "Manga, Anime, THEN Merchandise"
>>
>>27893183
Game Freak has nothing to do with the anime outside of Sugimori contributing a few character designs.
>>
ALMOST 20K OH SHIT!!! IM COMING!
>>
>>27893482
You are simply wrong.

There is creating a good story and show and then thinking about how to market it and make money through merchandise.

And there is creating merchandise and then thinking of how to wrap a story and show around it to get people interested.

This is as clear as I can make it. And because I want to get back to more fun things than arguing on 4chan and play some more Monster Hunter, I'll now stop responding.
>>
>>27892974
Explain how he can pull this off legitimately then.
>>
>>27892921
>I actually am 33
>I don't actually talk like this, but I'm simulating anger
>fuck you
At the end of the day, we're all on a pokemon board on 4chan. You're in no position to question anyone's maturity.
>>
>>27887190
Count me in.
>>
>>27893468
It's still not the norm by a huge margin, which was what you were claiming with your "watch any REAL anime!" shit.

Most anime, be it original or adaptation of an ongoing work, is already made with a huge marketing plan behind it, and several products it is meant to sell. If it doesn't meet the selling expectations, it never gets a second season (or, in case of a long running show, gets axed).
I don't know how can someone pretend this is not made to sell, regardless of the quality it ends up having.
>>
>>27893578
There's a difference between people who accept the pokemon anime for what it is (look at new pokes) and people who somehow identify with Ash and cry their eyes out when he loses yet another league because they feel so invested in it.
>>
>>27893545
No, there is thinking about how to make a profitable show through a combination of factors, it's writing and character design included. Of course it will end up being good sometimes, but I don't see how someone can look at the anime industry and think not 98% of it are meant to sell shit and pander to focus groups.

You seem to be stuck with the mentality that something can only be good if it's not made to sell, and thus good shows are not made with that purpose in mind.
>>
>>27893578
>I was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>27893676
You got me, I have to respond to that.

I never said that shows where the merchandise came first can't be good. It's just that they usually are not because they are forced to follow the video games for example.

They can't do something crazy with the Pokémon anime because they are forced to follow the new games to those exact new regions, show off all those new pokemon, show the gym leaders, bad team and the e4 members.

What I am saying is that their creativity is limited by having to keep in line with the games.

That said, yes, they could have totally made Ash win this fight, especially since he goes on holiday to alola next season, it would have been very fitting.
But there is no true creative liberty with these type of shows.
>>
>>27893568
I don't know, training maybe? Doing something different then punching a tree. Or maybe see the Pokédex, find a strong Pokémon, battle it, catch it, evolve id, find a Mega stone.

Basically what a player does in the game, or what Alain did in the spin off, or what Shota claims he has done.

Everything is better then what Ash does: nothing. He just waints passively that things happen to him. His only fight in most of the episode is against Team Rocket, many times using 2-3 Pokémon against them. He should thank them instead.
>>
>>27893526

Are you same anon?

However is responsible for the anime, the fact is that the Pokémon series is a series about winning. To be a master.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVd-irlQ3vc

So it's weird that they make the MC a permanent loser.
>>
They fucked up Naruto, that fucking greninja should Have won
>>
>>27892004
>I think Japan's biggest problem with the series is that it tries to take itself seriously but it can't help but go through the motions

So it even went it seems like it's actively trying to escape the status quo it eventually goes back to the status quo?

How does this work? Why even do this? I remember as a kid calling out how bullshit it was that Ash casually relinquishes his Charizard back in Johto, and ever since then the anime has been trying to find ways to nerf him.

The only series he's won was the Orange isles, which from what I gather may-or-may not even be canon at this point
>>
>>27893778
But he isn't a permanent loser.

He won every gym and ended up second in the league.

How is that a loser? He achieved more than thousands of other trainers even though he is new to the region.

He can't ALWAYS win.
>>
>>27893763
Or maybe using a water move in the last turn of Rain Dance.
Shota literally said "the Rain gives benefits to Greninja, that's why" 30 seconds before he used Cut against Charizard.

So not only he's a fucking fake lucky bastard, he's also retarded. And people care about him and wanted him to win. Fucking why? He never even deserved to be 2nd.
>>
>>27893529
Just hit 20K
>>
>>27893778
>dub opening
I bet you think the slogan of the series was "gotta catch 'em all" too
>>
>>27893844
why do you even care? They're wrong anyway, Ash sucks.
I hoped we were getting a new MC with Alan and Red, but they're not brave enough to let Ash and Pikachu go.
>>
>>27893804
> He won every gym

...which only purpose is to gain acess to the league.

> ended up second in the league.

What does second place wins, exactly?

I mean, if you at least get a silver medal you could be happy. But if it's a competition that second means jack shit... you are still a loser.

> How is that a loser?

He never accomplished anything worthwhile.

> He achieved more than thousands of other trainers even though he is new to the region.

What did he achieve?

> muh experience

Lol, what a loser.

> He can't ALWAYS win.

So always losing is better. Epic.
>>
20K GRATZ GUYS!!
>>
>>27893902
> I bet you think the slogan of the series was "gotta catch 'em all" too

Which Pokémon game doesn't motivate the player to try to catch all Pokémon?
>>
>>27893939
WE DID IT GRENINJA! WE SAVED THE ANIME!
>>
>>27893804
>He won every gym and ended up second in the league.
So did the rest of the people participating in the league conference
>>
>>27893752
I see.
To that I can agree. It's just that your first posts sounded like you believed good anime were not meant to sell products, what they most often are.
>>
>>27894009
Kek
>>
I wonder if 2ch is losing their shit over this.
>>
>>27894154
They are.
>>
>>27893703
LICK LIKC LICK MY BALLS
>>27893619
If I was posting this on facebook you'd maybe have a point, but as is, you don't even know that I'm the guy who posted any of the initial stuff.
>>
>>27893752

And yet Adventure has to keep in line with the games and is incredibly creative.
>>
>>27893964
Pokemon.
The slogan wasn't a thing in japan.
If you want to catch them all, that's fine. But it's not the primary goal. (I've of course done it)
>>
>>27893794
He also won the Battle Frontier, but yeah your point stands.

There's no reason they should go to the lenghts they go to make Ash lose. It's very easy to write out of a Ash wins scenario by having him lose to Elite, or simply deciding he still has room to improvement and start anew again. That's the route most sports and game anime go, protagonist doesn't stop after winning one title.
>>
>>27893004
honestly this
I was thinking maybe he would go to Alola after winning the Kalos League because everybody tells him he needs some time off or some shit, so he boxes his pokemon, takes pikachu and they set off for Alola. When he gets there, blah blah blah aura, blah blah blah destiny ho-oh solgaleo fuck ass bullshit whatever, so he decides "why vacay when I can vacay and do the thing I do" and then he does trial captains or whatever thing they have planned for Alola.

Bonus points if Serena+Brock come back.
>>
>>27894196

It was just something different and capturing and collecting was still encouraged. "Pokemon Getto Daze" isn't all that different and quite a lot of early material used it or the term "Get" in general.
>>
>>27893763
>Or maybe see the Pokédex, find a strong Pokémon, battle it, catch it, evolve id, find a Mega stone.
It would be so fun seeing an anime pokémon actually show the searching and catching pokémon aspect. It's a big thing in both how they promote the franchise and in some other products like several manga and The Origin special, so it's not like this is a player activity no one acknowledges.

One of the most boring things about the anime is how the characters just stumble upon every single pokémon that will become a part ot the team, instead of actively searching for them.
>>
>>27894196
The slogan, at least for the anime, is "Pokémon get daze", which conveys pretty much the same feeling of excitement of capturing pokémon.

In the actual show this happens >>27894308 and it goes against how capturing is portrayed in other media and advertising for the games.
>>
>>27894264
It's not made into a point to get everything though.
Capturing Pokemon is still something you need to do, after all.
>>
>>27894426

Japan still had a catch em all equivalent though.

Its the same basic terminology.
>>
>>27894196
> If you want to catch them all, that's fine. But it's not the primary goal.

Then why does every game give you a Pokedéx, they tell you to complete it and even rate how many Pokémons you have captured?

Mind you, I'm talking about games to show how out of place the anime currently is.
>>
File: spinoff.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
spinoff.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>27894217
I know it would have changed the trajectory of the anime significantly, but I wish Ash took up that offer of becoming a new member of the Battle Frontier. Plus, it could free up the series to focus on a new protagonist to carry future stories. I actually think that's what Pokemon Chronicles was trying to be-----before it bombed.
>>
>>27894550
It's not the primary goal. It's an optional side-quest. Becoming the champion is not (at least yet)
>>
File: tumblr_nnsha9QRu71rkwaj6o2_1280.jpg (619KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnsha9QRu71rkwaj6o2_1280.jpg
619KB, 1280x1280px
>That feel when this season made our hearts soar with hope only to rip them still beating from our chests
>MFW no matter what they do at this point the series cannot be redeemed
>Alan watches Ash get tortured
this is a point beyond despair
>>
>>27887190
>21k
JUST.
Thread posts: 394
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.