[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So realistically, what can they do to salvage the anime at this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 420
Thread images: 28

File: image.jpg (16KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 210x240px
So realistically, what can they do to salvage the anime at this point? The Nips are really fucking pissed.
>>
>>27884109
Zygarde vs zygarde battle. Then complete zygarde taking on xerneas and yvetaal
>>
>>27884109
Ash actually lost? Did anyone expect anything else?
>>
Make Alain the main character.
>>
>>27884109
Make Alain the new protag.

He is competent in teambuilding.
>>
Does it really matter? The main audience is kids who don't follow Ash for 20 years.
>>
>>27884214
>half his team is 4x weak to fighting
>>
Have Ash get a legendary, Rayquaza (from the Hoopa Unbound movie) or Latias (from that one movie I forgot)

Then have Ash take big shit down everyone's throat.
>>
>>27884295
>Destroyed Ash's team who had Hawlucha
>2
>Half of 6
>>
>>27884209
>>27884214
This. He is more interesting and has cooler Pokemon. I don't cringe when he does things.
>>
>>27884300
>Final season is Ash saying fuck it and using legendaries to wreck everyone.
>>
>>27884109

Honestly there is nothing. The best you can hope for is Ash beats Alain legitimately in the Flare arc, because he turns evil or some shit, and Ash has more reason to fight, and then he gets offered the trophy but refuses. It wouldn't make up for it but it wouldn't be a complete fucking loss.

Then he would also have to beat the E4 and other regions.
>>
>>27884330
>Bisharp
>Weavile
>Tyranitar
>Not half
>>
>>27884109
Ash bags Serena and retires a loser
>>
>>27884330
>Tyranitar
>Weavile
>Bisharp

>2
>>
>>27884109
I want Alain to destroy Manons smile
>>
>>27884216
and their hero, the super special Greninja that bonded with Ash to become the best of them all, lost to the not that special Charizard X after all that hype and build-up
the kids must be devastated honestly
>>
>>27884109
>The Nips are really fucking pissed
Prove it
>>
>>27884379
Forgot about Tyranitar

>The best you can hope for is Ash beats Alain legitimately in the Flare arc, because he turns evil or some shit

Nope, Alain is confirmed to team up with Ash against Flare
>>
The Nips get pissed if the sky is blue
They'll keep watching the show, and buying the cards and games regardless
>>
>>27884432
Those kids will move on and new batch of kids will take their place.
>>
>>27884109
I wonder, could they redo the league episode to make ash win and make all the babys happy?
>>
>>27884214
>>27884350
holy shit this bad taste
alain is an edgy faggot who doesn't even have a real motivation to his actions
>>
File: chuuni bullying.jpg (167KB, 800x651px) Image search: [Google]
chuuni bullying.jpg
167KB, 800x651px
I honestly think a new protagonist or some drastic change would revive the series. Ash and Pikachu have to be shoved in SOME way, but I'd like to see the series focus on a new hero in Alola. Something like Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney– new protagonist, but a familiar setting with some familiar faces. Just something to help forget this sting.
>>
>>27884441
Did you look at twitter at all for the past 6 hours?

Or hell even 2ch?

Ash's nip name was literally trending worldwide.
>>
>>27884488
This. The only reason he even entered the league in the first place was to battle Ash.
>>
>>27884441
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkDBCBiFsMs
>>
>>27884488
Did you watch the anime at all?

Jesus Christ you fucking fag
>>
They could:
1)Remove Ash.
2)Make Alain or a completely new character the main protagonist.
3)Reboot the series.
>>
>>27884489
That's what happened in Gen 4 though. Dawn was basically the protagonist and Ash was mentoring her.

And then Ash lost to a goddamned Darkrai.
>>
>>27884489
They could make serena the mother of the new protagonist.
>>
>>27884548
Almost to 10,000 jesus
>>
Why don't nips just let Ash win the league? They can keep milking the character by making him travel and win all the remaining new leagues. Losing again and again only brings disappointment to the kids
>>
Nothing. It won't matter if Ash saves Kalos, wins against Lysandre/Alan later or whatever. The league finals was build up so much with a better show (XY), with Ash-Greninja being revealed a long ago and getting a good marketing, and pokémon itself got more attention with the whole 20 years and GO. I'm sure a good chunk of people tried XY or were at least expecting to see how far Ash had come.

I was even thinking on how awesome the show is for a kid nowadays compared with the old seasons. Good battles, good animation, soundtrack, the hype around it.

The anime is definitely dead.
>>
>>27884497
I was asleep
>>27884548
Holy shit
>>
>>27884548
>9K
wew lad

how long til they apologize?
>>
>>27884216
Every generation of pokemon fans doesn't need two seasons of anime of Ash excruciatingly getting every badge and connecting with his new team only to be blue balled at the League for his hard work.
>>
Commit suicide on screen.
>>
>>27884488
Alain fights for Manon.
Ash fights for himself.
Ash turned into a cocky faggot during this league, and got BTFO by a kind guy who just wanted to have a fun battle.
Ash is easily the edgier one here.
>>
>>27884669
Alain is also not even edgy, he considers Ash a friend and cares deeply about Pokémon.

He's a really nice guy, he deserved this win.
>>
>>27884629
>Japan apologizing for anything

I can tell you're not Korean
>>
>>27884669
If I had been training for 20 years and kept jobbing in the pkmn leagues I'd do the same
>>
It was so simply, give Ash the victory, but no, we have to make Edgy McDarkscarf the winner because we are subhuman trash to dumb to live. They have something beautiful and they blew it.
Eternal damnation to all the responsible for this.
>>
>>27884745
>Alain is edgy meme

He isn't, the only reason this meme exists is because he stood in Ash's way and eventually stopped him
>>
>>27884745
>have something beautiful
Ash-Greninja is anything but beautiful, or even slightly visually appealing for that matter.
>>
>>27884109
Get a new protag.
I'm tired of Ash.
>>
>>27884109
Alain takes over as the protagonist. Ash and Serena retire and become a couple.
>>
File: 1461805631205.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1461805631205.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>27884548
>250 likes
>nearly 10000 dislikes

Y'all don goofed big time.
>>
>>27884109
let serena win the ash bowl
>>
I started watching pokemon again to see my favorite childhood character finally become the champion, disappointed is an understatement, why the fuck would he not get his charizard or snorlax or even heracross? Does he even want to win?
>>
>>27884783
The meme exists because of his fucking appearance obviously.
Still doesn't make it true, /padt/ just can't keep Ash's tiny little cock out of their mouths for one second and hates anyone that opposes him.
>>
File: 1471004030042.jpg (51KB, 966x827px) Image search: [Google]
1471004030042.jpg
51KB, 966x827px
They should age Ash by a few years before sending him to Alola, that'll make everyone forget about his most recent loss.
>>
>>27884853
>He fell for the meme

>>27884822
Like Alain
>>
>>27884853
Ash is paid by nintendo with eternal youth elixirs to advertise the new pokemon games
>>
>Be writers
>"We have an interesting character who is friendly and is doing this for a selfless reason"
>"Lets have him win, it will be better than some nobody winning"

Meanwhile on /vp/

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EDGELORD EDGELORD
>>
>>27884109
That scarf
>>
>>27884877
>an older, jaded, pessimist Ash
I like this idea
>>
>>27884669

Alan literally joined the League specifically to fight Ash because his pride demanded it. Ash wanted to win for everyone who didn't make it that far. The writers even set this up specifically, but for some reason made no call-backs to it in the end. Apparently Alan's desire to grandstand for his loli was greater than Ash's desire to win for his friends in the audience or the Furfrou guy.

The most ballstompingly cruel part was when they cut to Goodra's friends and waifu cheering for him mere seconds before he got blown the fuck out without having actually done anything noteworthy.

On reflection, it feels like the writers were leading up to something, but then some other writer came in and dropped everything because they needed Ash to lose as the outcome.
>>
>>27884965
Then why don't they make him the MC? The rest of us have been following this shit for decades only to see him job
>>
Can someone post an example of the comments on that YouTube video?
>>
>>27884965

>Not a selfish reason
>Only went to the league because Ash told him to do so.
>He doesn't care about winning and still won.
Oh wow
>>
>>27885057
>then some other writer came in and dropped everything because they needed Ash to lose as the outcome
But why? Why do they need him lose so badly?
>>
>>27884965
Make sure to include ME energy because people keep overlooking that as well.
>>
>>27885065
TVTokyo always has comments disabled, I believe.
>>
>>27884783
>>27884864
>Tyranitar
>Metagross
>Weaville
>Bisharp
>Charizard X

You couldn't come up with an edgier team if you tried
>>
Over 10,000 dislikes. Will the message reach them?
>>
>>27885116

Executives don't want to rock the boat too hard. When in doubt, always blame the people with a lot of money that don't actually know very much about the property they have a controlling share of.
>>
>>27884965
>Some nobody winning
>Some nobody
That nobody has been the main character for too long without winning, why would you not give him the win?
>>
>implying no league/gym won't be a one-generation gimmick to separate Alola in the series of games
>implying they didn't play this into fan's expectations of Ash finally getting his climactic, well-built moment at the last possible chance
>implying this wasn't a masterful tease, as he's basically gradually built to higher standing in every conference he's taken part in
>implying he won't eventually win and it'll be all-the-more satisfying for this failure

Pokemon literally has no end-game. They need to think long-term as much as possible. Last gen he was top 4, the first tournament he took part in was top 16. Did you really think they'd jump from 4 to Champ without a silver medal?
The fact that next gen has no league is a red herring to set you away from his eventual victory, by making this one all-the-more crushing by removing any opportunity at immediate redemption.
ya
dorks
>>
>>27885158

He should have had a Staraptor.
>>
>>27885158
>good Pokemon are edgy
Yeah okay
>>
>>27884487
>I enjoy anime where the main character is a consistent loser

You cannot be serious.
>>
File: 1464514454165.jpg (62KB, 640x499px) Image search: [Google]
1464514454165.jpg
62KB, 640x499px
>>27885299
>Three dark types on a single team is good
>>
>>27885221

>implying he won't eventually win

Yes, exactly, he won't. Ten years from now there will still be sad fucks who think he'll have a chance. We'll see Ash retiring and being replaced with his kid before we see him win a League Championship, let alone ever fight an Elite 4/Champion and come out the victor.
>>
>>27885318
I dont care but you guys seem to, so I'm just wondering if the jap animator could redo the episode to make you guys happy.
>>
>>27885221
>>implying he won't eventually win and it'll be all-the-more satisfying for this failure
It'd been what, 20 years already without winning shit?
This was the perfect chance for them to make Ash win, but now we'll need to wait another 5 years for him to have a chance in another league
>>
File: Implying.jpg (3KB, 208x160px) Image search: [Google]
Implying.jpg
3KB, 208x160px
>yfw they finally do change protagonists
>the new protagonist is pretty baller, nice team, good strategies
>No sign of Ash throughout the entire season
>get to the league/endgame
>Ash is the final challenger
>And finally wins

What would you be like?
>>
>>27884109
Someone outside of the anime team is going to take notice of the huge negative reaction, see this, force an overhaul in the writing team and a change in the anime. There is literally no other way of salvaging this. Yokai Watch is kicking this series' ass in Japan right now in terms of popularity so any negative reaction from a majority of Japanese viewers would be damaging.
>>
>>27884109
There is absolutely nothing they can do. This kind of "hey I dropped this like 10 years ago but they improved a lot, maybe i'll give it a second chance" won't ever happen again. Kids are pissed, longtime fans are pissed, new fans are pissed and returning fans are pissed. Key animators are pissed. Even fucking spics are pissed.

Seriously, what can they do? It was all a dream? cheap and will get called out. Time warp by some legendary? crap.
Team Flare defeated by Ash which prompts Alan forfeiting his E4 rights, and then Ash wins the E4? This is what will happen. Won't matter to anyone and will be damage control.
Ash wins in Alola? irrelevant, since it's Orange League 2.0.

Just put the show out of it's misery already. They fucked up bad and it shows... plenty of people are going to drop the anime again and the ratings will plummet. It was now or never. Ash had to win the league and settle with Serena and everyone would have been happy after 20 years of disappointments.
>>
>>27885397
Key.
>>
>>27885397
I would say that's way too clever for the writers to do.
>>
>>27885335
They pull the same shit in Mega Man

>Dr Wily isn't the bad guy this time!
>it's wily
>ok this time it's a russian dude!
>it's wily
>okay this time it's protoman
>it's wily
>ok this time it's someone controlling him
>it's wily

They pull the same shit every time. Ash is fighting a losing battle, they'll always pull out some shithead that mary sues out a win
>>
>>27885383
>This was the perfect chance for them to make Ash win

It wasn't. It was the perfect chance to make him runner-up.
Every tournament he shows progression.
With the exception of Hoenn, I think, he's gone up in the rankings every time. There will of course be leagues/gyms after Alola, they're their bread-and-butter. It's a formula they will return to. So they put him a hair away from his big win now because next generation they're exempt from their usual rule. They don't have to show strict placement-improvement. They can keep dangling the number 2 in-front of fans, making them wait, and his redemption will be sweeter for it.
This is 101. They're taking the opportunity Alola presents to string out a personal storyline that has been progressing for decades.
>>
>>27884482

>The old batch of kids grow up disillusioned
>Eventually end up as NEETs or at least refuse to breed
>This has been going on since Indigo League
>Correlation between Pokemon anime and Japan's decline is discovered
>Writers and directors all executed for treason
>>
Alain cucks Ash with Serena
>>
>>27884497
Give link to 2ch please.
>>
>>27885447
>What can they do?

They'll be firing the entire writing team after fucking this chance at bringing back old fans I can tell you that much. Would make sense with how desperate they'll be at trying to get people back after this.
>>
>>27885335
>We'll see Ash retiring and being replaced with his kid
Top lel. A million years from now, humans will be extinct, robots will have ground the Earth itself to dust and colonized half the galaxy, and new seasons of the Pokémon anime will be made where Ash is still 10 years old and still uses a Pikachu.
>>
>>27885335

>ash loses the the finals and his last shot of winning it all to his kid
>>
>>27885361
Has that ever happened? Where the author/animators fuck up so hard they have to apologize and fix it later?
>>
>>27885503
>It wasn't. It was the perfect chance to make him runner-up.
>2 decades of him struggling to collect 8 gym medals and losing
>not enough
He was supposed to become the best pokemon trainer but right now he has an incredible record of 0/6. How much longer do fans need to wait for him to win anything relevant, 50 years?
>>
Just watched it-the whole things is a fucking bad joke.
Goodra getting KO by Bisharp using a move with low accuracy but seems to always hit when he uses it.
Then there's the whole Zard X vs Narutoad bullshit....
He has never won against Alain and this would have been his redemption and chance to finally kick his ass while at full power
>>
>>27885335
>>27885397
>>27885632
>new series follows Ash's son
>makes it to the finals
>Team Rocket's new leader is the last challenger
>it's Ash
>Ash wins
>takes over the world
>Giovanni sheds tears of joy
>>
>>27885221
You are forgetting one little detail, my friend.

People aren't going to want to keep watching after this shit. It's been 20 fucking years and I doubt there'll be many who will wait any longer.
The movies aren't pulling money. The ratings WERE plummeting, they managed to salvage it by getting better animation and writers... until now. I expect the ratings of the next episode to be terrible, since no one gives a shit about Team Flare.
>>
>>27885503
He went backwards from top 4 to top 8 in Unova. You really think they're going to bite the bullet next time after 6 gens of consistent losses?

This was their huge opportunity to do the deed after 20 years. Not to mention misleading viewers with the title "Kalos League Victory!"
>>
>>27885652
As long as the series continues to be a phenomenal cash-cow. And horrific fan-reception aside, we can meme all we want, but it will continue to be so for as long as they want it to be.
>>
>>27885645
Didn't they redo the evangelion final episode a few years back?
>>
>>27884567
>3)Reboot the series.

because BW did it so well.
>>
>>27885713
>>27885733
What is it then?
>>
>>27885733
The show has SHIT ratings. Why bother making a decent animated commercial when very few people watch it? Ash winning the league would have changed the formula and welcomed new fans.
>>
>>27885733
If you have been paying attention you would realise the whole point is that it is NOT a cash cow anymore. The animators seriously fucked up on this.
>>
>>27885645
I want Kubo to be stabbed by a fan. Bleach's final chapter should redone.

Also, it happened in Harry Potter. Rowling came out and said that the pairings were bullshit and that Harry should've fucked Hermoine.
>>
>>27885751
Well, Evangelion didn't have the budget back then, so they made End of Evangelion when they had it.
>>
>>27884558
I've watched every single episode you failed abortion.

>>27884669
lol nigger
Alain did more harm to Manon than anyone else.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>27885776
>>27885777

Anyone got a link to ratings, I'd love to check em out
>>
>>27885777
I think the fact the XY is a vast improvement over BW means that they are trying
>>
>>27885733
>cash cow
The anime can't beat yo-kai watch, the games are selling less than the previous ones
>>
>>27885782
Kirino, Chitoge, Hinata and Orihime winning is all fine and expected. Hermoine not winning was not cool at all.
>>
The dub has ash winning the league.
How would you react?
>>
>>27885846
WAS a vast improvement, you mean. This episode destroyed any good faith people had.
>>
>>27885846
>XY
>a vast improvement over BW
Not after this episode
>>
>>27884732
He is your self insert, ISN'T he?
>>
>>27885447

Yup.

A new character would have been liked if they kept the XY quality up. They blew their perfect chance to close ash's story.
>>
>>27885881
Orihime winning was a middle finger from Kubo. Nips are so mad that they threatened not to buy the last volume
>>
>>27885881
The amount of people who wanted Rukia to win says otherwise desu

Orihime winning is like Sakura winning. Sure, it can be done, but it'd be shit. And it is shit.
>>
>>27885886
impossible
>>
>>27884330
you so smart no wonder you doctor now
papa proud of doctor son
>>
>>27885490
Same with Mario fighting Bowser to save Peach, the difference is that it's a video game where the plot is only an excuse for the gameplay, it doesn't take itself seriously, and even then the main character always wins in the end.
>>
>>27885057
He's doing it for True Love anon. Serena can fuck off, ash will abandon these fags like every other one.
>>
>>27885846
I dunno, with me I like the journey in BW more than the journey in XY and the league in XY more than the league in BW.

Now I'll just remember XY as the season full of massive Ash power leaps and hints that he's possibly the strongest trainer in Kalos that ended with him losing at the league to a guy that only attended to fight Ash.

Whereas looking back at BW I just remember it being full of neat to okay tournament arcs and a bunch of side characters like Steven, Bianca and Georgia that made the journey feel like he was actually making cool buds.
>>
>>27885977
orihime won over rukia? damn. Still i'd take her pair of jugs any day.
>>
>>27884109
Honestly, it looks like the damage has been done. People can defend Ash losing all they want, but it looks as though backlash is coming from everywhere. I don't see the writers of this show doing something clever enough to make Ash losing a moot point. Everything truly seemed to be building up to Ash finally breaking through, and it would have been pretty satisfying to see him win.

>>27885447
The only way they could make a "dream sequence" even remotely work is if they involved Olympia somehow. However, that can be blown apart a bunch of different ways, but that's the only way I see it being worked into the show in any way. Ash losing would just be a possible future that she saw with her special powers, and it changes the fate of Kalos somehow.
>>
>>27884497
>twitter

Get out normies
>>
>>27885879
The games will always have their niche and core, because they consistently deliver.
The anime is fucked though, yeah. I wouldn't mind if they just poured their resources into doing some shit with the NX.
>>
>>27885975
I rooted for Orihime winning since the beginning. Quite frankly I thought everyone was trying to troll me when they said they rooted for a Rukia win both online and in real life.

>>27885977
No. Orihime=Hinata; the shy, big titty chick who secretly wanted the main character. How some people can't see this is beyond me.
>>
>>27886044
And she won with a time skip by showing their child
>>
>>27885846
I don't even give a shit anymore after this.

Look, I stopped watching the Pokémon anime after what, Johto? I knew it was always the same shit.
XY comes out, and some friends told me "hey, the Pokémon anime improved a lot. Have you watched it?" So I did and indeed, everything was better. While I watched, it did seem like they were setting up Ash's victory to finally close his arc and introduce a new protag in Alola.
Sucks for the animators, they did a damn good job. But I don't care about the Anime anymore after this, I'm tired of seeing Ash lose. I don't even think I have hype left for Sun and Moon. Will Ash defeat Team Flare? Yes. Will Ash beat the E4 after Alain forfeits his trophy? Yes. But I doubt anyone will give a shit.

They blew it.
>>
Rematch
Ash-Greninja beats Zygarde
Charizard beats Alain's Mega Charizard
>>
>>27886060
Even if its just damage control it would be cool to see actually.
They could make alans victory meaning that flares machine got fully powered up.
>>
Can you fucking faggots stop discussing Bleach on the pokemon board? Jesus Christ /a/ is bad enough with like 5 threads about it. Some of us are trying to avoid spoilers.
>>
>>27886040
The fact that he only came to fight Ash should have been a red flag that there was going to be a serious asspull.
>>
>>27884823
Best scenario, honestly.
>>
>>27884109
Serena sluts herself to Alain because Ash is now a loser
>>
File: 04b.jpg (331KB, 1393x2048px) Image search: [Google]
04b.jpg
331KB, 1393x2048px
>>27886183

That's cool

Time for ash to get his real waifu
>>
>>27886146

Doesn't matter. He lost the league when it mattered. Fuck anything else.

I hope the backlash they get from this is big. I wasn't even invested since I know their MO but I never liked how they tried to push that he was going to win the entire season knowing how it would end.
>>
>Ash goes to Alola
>Completes the island trials beats the Kahunas
>Helps stablishing and forming the Alola league

>Competes on it and loses again
>>
>>27885714
Misleading titles are usual business. Thing is Alan was Ash's main rival for this season. Dude never lost to a main rival until this day. That why even some patternfags were convinced that he had strong chances of winning.
>>
What if Ash and Alain both fail to stop Team Flare, prompting their near-full takeover of the Alola region?
Then, on the brink of conquest, Gary Oak drives up in a ferrari full of broads and sweeps him with a team of eeveelutions, becoming the new main character
>>
>>27886220
Agreed. Alolan Eggexcutor is best girl.
>>
>>27884548
Today GF learn to not mess with the autists.

Nah, Ash will lose again in alola somehow, even without league.
>>
>>27886136
This. Why did they even went through so much effort and build up, just to make the same dam ending. XYZ still is great and the Flare ark seems promising, but really this alone ruined a part of the show.

My suggestion ? Put an end to Ash's story, make Alain and Malon continue there journey either in a spin-off or just the main series, add a third member or not, done.
>>
>>27886147
Yeah, I actually screwed up and came to this board before I knew that Ash lost. So I spoiled the ending of the battle for myself by accident. Knowing what I know now, I would rather Olympia seeing Ash lose in a "vision" being better than what actually happened in the show the way it is now. That way there would still at least be a way for the writers to give Ash a good ending to the battle.
>>
>>27886274
Kek
>>
>>27886279
Ash already lost to Alain twice though, so he did lose to a main rival before this.

Thoough of course that only meant that finally breaking through with Greninja against Charizard was to be expected, yet it didn't happened, he lost like he did the other 2 times.
>>
>>27886274
Aren't 'the Alola trials a sorta trainer coming of age type ceremony though?

Is there really any reason to care if Ash completes them?
>>
>>27885447
>Key animators are pissed
wait what
>>
>>27886091
Orihime's not shy, she's genki. People drawing parallels between her and Hinata are retards, the only things they have in common are titties and muh MC.
>>
>>27886382
Training for the World Championship
>>
>>27885442
Here is the problem, it's been too long.

At this point, if they had Ash win, they would get a boost for that episode, and then a massive drop afterwards as people closed that chapter in their minds
>"Ash won, I'm done with this forever."

If Ash had won, say Johto, or maybe Hoenn, 15 years ago, it would have been big then, and maybe he comes in second in Sinnoh, and he can have ups and downs like an actual team, and you don't know that he is always going to win, but he has a chance, and when he wins it's special, not the ever present crushing failure that he is now.

But it's too late. He must always lose now. It's permanent blue balls.
>>
>>27885442

Yup! And even though the XY series is the best Pokemon has been for a long time, the writers will get sent off or leashed, making it DP/BW shit tier again.

Although it's about time something changed. The show is basically a brand advertisement, maybe a dramatic change in the formula is what's needed.
>>
>>27886382
There's nothing else to do there anyway. The starters aren't edgy enough too so jap kids won't like them. Alola season will kill what's left of the anime.
>>
>>27885442

Too stubborn. They would rather the show and series die than admit they fucked up.
>>
>>27886449
For Ash lose again to bullshit or legendaries? Nah, I'm done. I'm dropping XY and everything anime related, always the same shit, what a dumbass I was for thinking shit had changed after all these years of not watching.
>>
>>27886484
DP was better than XY though
>>
>>27886340
It would calm some of the fans up actually. Its obviously going to be a damage control but at less they wont lose all of the fans.
>>
>>27886407
Yeah, they're pissed as fuck.
>>
>>27886267
Apology when? Authors and fans shitting themselves makes my fucking day.
>>
>>27886098
nice
>>
>>27884109
>The Nips are really fucking pissed.
Source?
>>
>>27886484
>maybe a dramatic change in the formula is what's needed.
That was literally BW and then they pussied out.
>>
>>27886499

>Green Owlrow the assassin
>Beltigre the Heel Wrestler
>Not edgy
>>
>>27886521
I mean any specific ones, and what are they saying? I just woke up and am just tuning in to this massive shitstorm.
>>
>>27886372
Meant in a league match. Gary, Paul and Trip raped him many times but in that match that mattered the most Ash won. But yeah, the frog losing 3 times in a row makes everyone more salty.
>>
>>27885751
It wasn't 100% a redo. The episode was what was going on in Shinji's head. The movie is what goes on in real life.
>>
>>27886521
They prolly saw this shit coming from a mile away. You'd have to be a complete ignorant retard (so probably some executive) to not see how this could backfire
>>
>>27886578
The owl is a literal stylized bird, the tiger is a goofy cartoon villain.
>>
>>27886565
the writers are literally writing themselves to a corner, there's no way this can keep up without killing the anime
>>
>>27886506

I dropped it early on with the espurr episode. But you fags kept coming to /v/ and /a/ all the time so you forced me to keep up to date with webms even though I never watched any of this.

But I thought he had a 50/50 chance of winning. Glad that I never got invested in this fully though since I knew what would happen.
>>
>>27886564
Check twitter, satoshi is TT
>>
>>27886584
Don't know the name and I don't have the tweet at hand, but one of them basically posted that they just should've let him win this so everyone is happy.

Would be nice if some anon could link the tweet.
>>
The Pokemon anime is complete shit and Ash always loses in the end right? Why do people care about this.
>>
>>27886657
Are the animators pissed as well? Or former animators I guess
>>
>>27886624
People have been saying that 5 years, 10 years, even 15 years ago anon. Get a grip.
>>
>>27886584

>+10000 dislikes
>>
>>27886589
So they could just redo the final part of the episode with charizard falling instead and other celebration stuff.
>>
>>27886685

Damn it's 11k. Was 10 a few minutes ago. I think I'll log in and downvote this shit too.
>>
>>27885568

The writing team has largely been the same since AG

they're not going anywhere, man
>>
>>27886678
Everyone is pissed, the old fans, the new fans, the kids, the animators and even the spics are pissed as fuck.

The whole thing was just too dumb, the frog takes one hit and goes down while the charizard took a quick attack and an electro ball by pikachu in it's normal form and a massive water shuriken, which leaves it barely scratched.
>>
>>27886678
>>27886678
Ofc. Animators get paid by episode lengths, not for the number and quality of the frames. So they invested so much effort only for the higher ups deciding Ash should lose and get backslashed by the fans
>>
>>27884109
Are they? Any links?

I know this board is recovering and the general is dead and buried.
>>
>>27886735
That's because no one really gave a shit after XY dropped with better animation. Now they're gonna get sacked.
>>
Honestly, the games are an ever-lasting juggernaut franchise that will go as long as they want them to.
It's time to separate the anime from them completely. There's no more reason to keep them connected gen-by-gen when one isn't even siphoning popularity or traction from the other. Just existing in a deteriorating bubble of hype.
Shut it down, or advertise a big motherfucker of a reboot, right back in the Kanto region for one last shot at nostalgiafag pandering. Give the new lead a win in the Kanto conference, and have him lose in his Elite Four/Champion bid. So he has a tangible goal to strive for, yet some credibility as a fucking winner.
>>
>>27886753

>the kids are pissed

[citation needed]
>>
>>27886761
>>
>>27884109
He should have won, ended the series and started with a new protag who by the end will have to face Ash who's now become a Legue Master

Why would anyone watch this shit show anymore
>>
>>27886770

Yeah, no. You're vastly over estimating the impact of a overblown internet temper tantrum that's vastly losing steam.

But no I'm sure that one key animator out of like 30 being annoyed and your artificially inflated dislike count on a single episode trailer out of dozens is going to succeed in destroying their house of cards.
>>
>>27886776
My nephew was so pissed Ash lost in BW when it aired. Now he only watches yokai watch
>>
>>27886776
I mean, do you think kids would be happy to see the end results of the match? Why do you think it had gotten all those downvotes?
>>
>>27886889

Is your brother Japanese? Because that show wouldn't have existed for him when Ash lost the Unova League.
>>
>>27886860
Well, the thing is that Pokemon's popularity already took a hit with BW and also is losing ground to Yokai Watch. It's not a matter of this tantrum alone, it's a matter of this tantrum + the shit that came before
>>
>>27886512

I'm talking general episode quality. If it had no recurring side characters, the episode was hilariously bad.

Although the Paul build up was the best they've done for a rival, and Ash putting up the best fight against Tobias was at least a decently satisfactory conclusion. Overall episode quality goes to XY for me though.
>>
>>27886889
Haha how cute. Say hi to him for me.
>>
>>27886860
Ratings for the series are bad. This decision is an event horizon for the show. If everyone is pissed, do you really think they're going to stick around and see if it gets better when 6 regions have lead to nothing?
>>
>>27886919

It got all those down votes because 2chan and other image boards decides to do it en masse

Most episode trailers for the show don't even have that many views by this point in the day. This is all manufactured.
>>
>Ratings go to shit, even further below Yokai
>Producers start to panic
>In an attempt to salvage things, the writing team is gutted and replaced with a new team lead by Chiaki J. Konaka
>>
>>27884295
>implying fighting isn't a shit type
>implying weakness even matters in the anime
>>
>>27886860
Have you forgotten about Yokai Watch? When have you seen backlash this big about a children's show? They fucked up and they know it.
>>
>>27886776
>>>/vp/catalog
>>
>One hit KO move with pisspoor chance of hitting
>hitting accurately more than once

The writers were clearly pulling shit out of their ass for this
>>
>>27886926
Spic dub reruns
>>
>>27885768
By "Reboot the series" I was meaning create a completely new series. It doesn't need to feature Ash, TRio or other know characters: it would still feature some classic Pokèmon (like Pikachu or Meowth), but would feature a completely new cast of characters in a separate universe.
>>
>>27885442
Who is even the anime team? They should get some Twitter or whatever hate
>>
>>27886969
>Wanting Konaka to split up his time even more than the shitshow of unfinished arcs we have now
>>
>>27886968
>12,000 people don't matter just because they happen to use an image board

That makes perfect sense

Oh wait
>>
>>27886940

>losing ground to Yokai Watch

That would literally only matter if they shared rival time slots. They don't. The two don't compete in any significant area at all

BW had better ratings than XY across the board, and DP did better than it did. The overall decline is more than likely due to declining ratings across the board for Japanese TV due to the proliferation of DVRs, and the fact this show is 20 fucking years old.
>>
>>27884350
All his Pokemon are Edgelord tier. The fuck is wrong with you kid?
>>
>>27887038
That is a bad idea unless you want to sabotage pokemon.
>>
Why? Why couldn't those fuckers gave him the victory? Fuck them with a rusty knife. And fuck Pokemon. I hope Yokai Watch or whatever latest fad devours what's little left of the Japanese people. I hope Japan's society finally dies off, and their land is divided between the Russians, Chinese nd Koreans.
>>
>>27884548
>12,000 dislikes lel
>>
>>27887065

Well no, they don't. Dislikes and down votes don't actually matter because they only care about the number of interactions with their content. But it's not 12,000 people, it's a loud mob hitting the dislike button multiple times.
>>
>>27887072

Plus rental (Which works different from it does in the US) and merch sales matter for anime and Pokemon apparently is always pretty popular at rental places, and merch sales are up from BW.
>>
>>27885211
>implying ash isn't a shitter nobody
>>
>>27886990
>The writers were clearly pulling shit out of their ass for this

Don't all anime?
>>
>>27887096
>Implying America wouldn't subtly take ownership in a situation similar to the Philippines.
>>
Over 12,000 Dislikes!! Will TVTOkyo respond to their angry fans & viewers? It's not just Americans mad, it's also Japanese fans that are also mad with Ash once again losing. I think the executives should at least put out a statement on this international backlash.
>>
>>27887132
I only hit it once. I only have one account.

Obviously people are going to be pissed even if the series didn't make it seem like Ash had a good chance. It's the first time he's made it to finals and the whole battle kind of sucked ass.
>>
>>27887132
>hitting the dislike multiple times

Are you retarded? Youtube only allows you to like/dislike a video ONCE
>>
>>27886795
>12k

Christ. RIP pokemon anime
>>
>>27887142

Yep. That's very true. Ratings matter less and less when you're talking kids anime. they're more concerned with the merch sales they generate.
>>
>>27887132
Even with multiple accounts, I'm sure the amount of people disliking without spamming dislike outweigh the 292 people that liked it
>>
>>27887096
I seriously wish I could immortalize this moment forever. The moment a kodomo japanese cartoon caused hundreds, maybe thousands, who don't even watch the anime, to wish death upon the Japanese and curse the names of all those involved in said show.

Imagine if there was a confirmed suicide over this.
>>
>>27885329
>what are double types, mommy?

Alain won fair and square and has good pokemon. Replace Ash with Alain please.
>>
>>27885565
At this point I'm ok with this
>>
>>27887072
>That would literally only matter if they shared rival time slots.
Both are toys ads
>>
>>27887171
They won't. All execs, japanese or otherwise, are retarded in their way of thinking. The execs that told them to make Ash lose? They think they're doing the right thing and making the best possible choice, and that everyone that didn't like it can go fuck themselves, because they're wrong.
>>
>>27885782
What's the ending of this. They dragged this for so long
>>
>>27887183

Yes anon. Because people never create multiple accounts to be cocks in YouTube. Except when they do it. A lot.

If they'll create an account to call someone a slut multiple times they'll do it for other things too

And there's also trying to artificially pump up down votes. I mean, we have a thread encouraging that right now.
>>
Yfw the kids that abandoned froakie for being too weak were right all along.
>>
>>27885879
Stop spreading misinformation
>>
File: Untitled.png (87KB, 246x225px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
87KB, 246x225px
>>27884214
>>27884489
>>27884608
>>27884822
>>27885397
>>27886136
>>27886796
we're getting ash again for sure
>>
>>27887265

and as an earlier anon pointed out, merch/toy sales and rentals are still healthy

They seem to be happily coexisting just fine
>>
>>27887339
Alrighty buddy, let's assume that everyone downvoting has 10 accounts

That's 12,443 / 10 which equals 1244.3

Meanwhile, since it's only people downvoting with multiple accounts, only 299 people like it.

Even with multiple accounts, it's very likely the majority of people dislike it.
>>
I don't understand, isn't the whole point of the anime to sell merchandise? And isn't it better if you promote the main characters who will have their face in everything? Ash, Pikachu and Greninja all look like losers now, if I was a kid I wouldn't buy any merchandise of them, I'd look for Mega Charizard X merchandise if anything. They could have had him win and then reboot the series, don't even need a new protagonist, just make it a new Ash with pikachu in Alola.
>>
>>27887232
>double types are good, even when 3 pokemon on your team share a type

It's like you want someone to figure out the 3 or 4 types they need to sweep your team
>>
>>27886078
>being this of a shut-in troglodyte
>>
>>27886407
https://twitter.com/aoshi11/status/766241482881638400
>>
>>27887481

How people do you think are on the Internet, and how many of them do you think have nothing better to do than spit in the wind in order to destroy a childrens' television program?

Plus, you know, spam accounts

The answer may surprise you
>>
>Hurrdurr if Ash ever wins that would make the anime be over
>implying Ash would stop giving a shit about other regions if he won

I guess I've been imagining the anime then, because Ash stopped after winning the Orange League
>>
>>27884163
By the preview alone they're already going to shit out the complete zygarde in the next episode.
>>
>>27885397
That would be a fantastic fakeout but it'll never happen
>>
>>27887520
>I'd look for Mega Charizard X merchandise if anything.
That's the idea Anon
>>
>>27884669
Ash doesn't fight for himself though, he fights for his friends (This season alone he had Serena, Tiermo, Shota, Clemont, Greninja, and Pikachu among many others)
>>
>>27887614

By that same token what would him winning even add?
>>
>>27885158
>Hydreigon
>Scizor
>Lucario
>Absol
>Houndoom
>Zoroark
>>
>>27887620
maybe you should learn the difference between an episode preview and preview for the whole arc
>>
>>27885879
>the games are selling less than the previous ones

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/05/07/994-million-copies-of-pokemon-oras-have-been-sold

Yokai Watch has its niche in Japan but even then its burning out, and its nowhere near doing "Pokemon Killer" sales in Japan, nevermind worldwide.

PokeAni is probably fucked though. That's where Yokai Watch has it actual beat. This season is going to end on such a monumental fuck up, they should have jut let him win and done more straight up Origins adaptations of the other games right up to XY/Sun and Moon when they had the chance.
>>
Is Diantha going to do something?
>>
>>27887630
Yes, but you'd think they'd rather promote the main character's pokemon. Ash, Pikachu, and the Greninja they tried so hard to promote all look like a joke now.
>>
>>27886926
What are you talking about??
They still air pokemon in countries other than Japan.
>>
>>27887679

Origins' ratings were in the fucking toilet, dude.
>>
>>27887590
Care to translate?
>>
>>27887656
The league battles wouldn't be a pointless waste of everyone's time.
>>
>>27887692

Ash losing has never had any impact on selling his stuff the other five times they did it

It's safe to say it's not actually a problem
>>
Just imagine how hype it would have been if Ash had won and they announced the Greninja on Gamescom.
>>
>>27887675
Sure thing, buddy.
>>
File: image.jpg (133KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133KB, 1000x1000px
>animefags
>>
>>27887656
Satisfaction and fulfilling childhood dreams of viewers

As well as having at least a few episodes dedicated to battling the Elite Four
>>
>>27887714

Yokai Watch didn't air here until the past year

So did your brother just not watch anything in the two years between it showing up and BW ending?
>>
>Ash-Greninja can beat a mega grass type but can't beat a mega fire type

What?
>>
>>27887748
>The season wouldn't be a pointless waste of everyone's time.

ftfy
>>
>>27887777

>dedicated to battling the Elite Four

That's just how the Sinnoh league works
>>
>>27887784
It's cause he's a dragon dude, and everyone knows that dragons in media are magically stronger than everything else because "they look cool"
>>
Greninja & Pikachu merchandise would go through the roof b/c Ash won. Now that he lost . . . again. People will try to buy Mega-Charizard X merchandise. The writers are complete fuck ups. I'm glad the WHOLE Pokemon community is upset and bashing them on social media today.
>>
>>27887784
Cue the "FUCK THESE WRITERS" from all corners of the web.

Ash is the one who beats Pokemon with type disadvantages. Alain somehow obtained the protagonist plot-armor when it came to this now.
>>
>>27887814

Should have just borrowed Sylveon
>>
>>27884109
Start again from the beginning

HO-OH DEMANDS IT!
>>
>>27887777

So it's more for you than it is Ash's character. Kay
>>
>>27887716
Oh........

H-How did it do sales wise? I imagine since it was more aimed to the older otaku audiences it would sell enough on BD right?

Please.... I just really want a good straight up Gold/Silver adaptation....
>>
>>27885447
>Even fucking spics are pissed.
This is true.
I haven't seen a shitstorm this big in the spic internet since Brazil got rekt by Germany two years ago.
>>
>>27886656
What should I search? #サトシ?
>>
>>27887847

I don't think it even got a DVD release to begin with. I dunno maybe it was available for rental like a lot of anime episodes are?

But it hit streaming really fast pretty much everywhere so I doubt it
>>
>>27887679
>ORAS
Pokemon keep selling less and less
RBY 50 millions
GSC 30 millions
RSE 22.5 millions
DPP 25 millions
HGSS 15 millions
BW 15.6 millions
BW2 8.5 millions
XY 15 millions
>>
>>27884600
That was the gayest shit. Ash had a real shot back then but then this fucking faggot comes out of nowhere with a darkrai. Haven't seen the newest episode (I don't like reading while listening to nips talk sorry) but I'm guessing he lost again. They need to have him go accept the job as a frontier brain and give us a new protag.
>>
Every fucking new character get the Protagonist plot-armor expect the fucking real Protagonist of the series. I've never seen a story where the writers constantly have the main character lose, never learns from his mistake & resets him after every new region.
>>
>>27887779
>series only air once
It's like you never watched TV
>>
>>27887968
Doesn't look like it's teetered off since HGSS, which was quite some time ago.
>>
>>27887822
>Greninja & Pikachu merchandise would go through the roof b/c Ash won.

And they would have made a lot of people who had forgotten about pokemon come back. Just mentioning that Ash had a real chance to win now made a lot of people to watch the series. Imagine what would happen with articles on normie news sites about Ash finally winning. With Pokemon GO still popular and Sun and Moon coming out, would be the perfect time to do it.
>>
>>27887855
Brazil is going to play against Germany again, this Saturday.

source: me, brazillianfag
>>
Search: #PokemonXYZ, #Anipoke, @TVTOKYO_PR

You'll see the international backlash
>>
File: 1452720779904.gif (217KB, 250x198px) Image search: [Google]
1452720779904.gif
217KB, 250x198px
>>27887845
It's that same "pulling out Ash's character" card that caused the writers to do this move. At this rate it could be the year 2300 and Ash still won't win a League. But I'm sure it's fine because 'Ash wants to be the best that's why after 19 years of experience with his Pikachu he still jobs to the flavor of the month character introduced a year ago'

And just to say it for the sake of saying it, it's honestly worse for a character with that much development to lose to someone with a generic personality in both his fall and his redemption.
>>
>>27887612
Wait so you genuinely believe people are not mad?
Do you really, honestly think most anime watchers are not mad after that ending?

Really?
>>
Make the league half the episodes next series, show every match in full, have Ash win with his Pigeotto that he won from a trainer who caught him when Ash was in the orange archipelago. Have Ash become champion. New protagonist after a time skip. Simultaneously Ash's story gets retold with better pacing animation and writing.
>>
>>27887718
>Really, why can't we have Satoshi win? Even if it's an anime for kids, isn't it okay to let kids dream a little?
>>
>>27887968
Good, I want Pokemon dead.
>>
>>27887968
I mean, I'm not seeing much bad, here.
The earlier ones had more sales because they were the series peak and have had more time to sell, but since then it's leveled out. Which the exception of BW2, because it was a direct sequel most people probably just weren't too interested in.
>>
>>27887663
>absol edgy
>lucario edgier than tyranitar
>scissor edgier than weaville
>anything edgier than bisharp
>>
>>27887968
BW2 is basically the third version of BW, counted up adds to 24.1 million, which is in line. XY didn't have a third game to increase the numbers, same with HGSS, which is a remake.
>>
>>27888077
Damn son.
>>
File: hazama.jpg (104KB, 604x320px) Image search: [Google]
hazama.jpg
104KB, 604x320px
>>27887928
>we will never get a good G/S/C/HG/SS adaptation
>we will never get a good R/S/E/OR/AS adaptation
>we will never get a good D/P/Pt adaptation
>we will never get a good B/W/B2/W2 adaptation
>we will always get Ash Fucks Around And Gets Blueball'd In The End though

I'm not counting PokeSpe cause I can't stand the artstyle and some of the characterizations they go with are pretty bad.

Platinum was cute tho.
>>
>>27888073
>New protagonist after a time skip.
You don't even need that. Just reboot with a new "Ash" and pikachu in Alola.
>>
How would you rate Ash's pokemon league loses from legit to bullshit?

1. Harrison
2. Tyson
3. Alain
4. Ritchie
5. Tobias
6. Cameron
>>
>>27884109
But why? The difference between Alan and Ash in training was massive.
Alan's Charizard won against 10 consecutive battles against megas, one of which belonged to an E4 member. Then Alan started catching and training the strongest pokemon he could find for the League.
Ash just catched whatever and once he got the magic Greninja he just stopped training the others
>>
>>27884109
>Battles team flare
>destroys their doomsday device
>shockwave is so huge it creates a space-time warp and sends ash back in time
>He's back at his battle with alain
>This time he wins

It's a long shot, but it's the only way I will ever have respect for this anime again.

but wait, the writers don't give a shit about what we want as long as they're getting paid
>>
>>27885447
/thread
>>
>>27887845
the only reason ash isn't crushed about yet again being a loser after every star aligned is that he knows he doesn't age
>>
>>27887814
Mega Sceptile's a Dragon too.
>>
>>27887201
THIS
>>
>>27888049
He is one of those who for some reason will keep watching that crock of shit of a sereies, and is in denial everything is crashing and burning. I'm actually mad. So mad I want to vent, I want to hit somebody, set something in fire. I am really actually positively mad right now I wish death upon every Jap on the planet. I want the bastards behind the series, dead, Japan destroyed and the memory of this moment erased from mankind collective memory. I would even post the AM beginning from I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream.
>>
File: ratings.png (36KB, 640x182px) Image search: [Google]
ratings.png
36KB, 640x182px
Over 13,400 DISLIKES!!! KEEP IT UP!! We'll get 20K by the end of the day.
>>
>>27888154
10/10 would watch
>>
>>27887968
15 million is still god damn incredible, a lot of companies are lucky to even get 25% of the 7.5 million that each version of the game sold.
>>
File: 1470619451150.png (15KB, 563x587px) Image search: [Google]
1470619451150.png
15KB, 563x587px
>>27887365
They certainly were
>>
>>27888145
The only bullshit moment in Tobias was Heracross not defeating Darkrai.
>>
>>27888170
Mega Sceptile lacks the dragon type in appearance, you'd honestly never guess being someone who isn't already into the series.
>>
>>27886136
You took the words right out of my mouth.
>>
File: smug bonnie.png (113KB, 258x322px) Image search: [Google]
smug bonnie.png
113KB, 258x322px
>>27884163
>Puni-chan 1HKO Alain
>mfw powerlevel-wise Bonnie is stronger than Ash
>>
>>27885221
>need to think long-term
>20 years of constant loss
>an actual chance at victory at the 20 year mark and right before a region with no league where he would just go around and have adventures
>even have a special, anime-only version of a poke that is equivalent to a mega
>fans tired of ash always losing, including to people with fucking legendaries
>not a perfect opportunity to make him finally win

they don't think long-term, they just can't let go of their traditions and formulas for fear of it "ending" even though it's quite the opposite and their stubbornness is exactly what is killing the series.
>>
>>27888279

This is the only way they can redeem themselves. Bonnie destroying Alain.
>>
>>27888190
see >>27888153
People are stupid. Ash had no reason to win or even to arrive 2nd. He did nothing to deserve it. People only like him because he's MC.
>>
>>27885568
The problem is the writing in this season was actually good. It was just this ONE decision that fucked everything over. Just this.

>>27885923
>New character
The worst part is that winning the league DOESN'T MEAN ASH NEEDS TO RETIRE. Like, that's the shit I don't get.

"Welp, I won, looks like I never needs to do anything pokemon related again"

It's fucking stupid.
>>
>>27884209
This. Leave that scrub ash behind. Have Serena go with Alain as well.
>>
>>27887718
"But really why can't they let Ash win? It is anime for kids, so can't they just let them have this dream for a little more? Imho."
>>
If the entire arc is about Zygarde, I can only imagine Bonnie is going to sing that song again while helping an injured Puni-chan.
>>
>>27888340
I want to kill the writers. Fucking wasters of oxygen.
>>
>>27888375
They can stop Team Rocket being edgy to give kids hope but let Ash win? Nope.
>>
>>27888294
This
I see no reason why they couldn't make Ash win and then go adventuring around alola for next season.
>>
What's really sad is that the writers will never admit they fucked up. Even when this is the starting point of the anime dying off.
>>
>>27888340
The WORST part is winning the league wouldn't auto make him champion. He could have just lost to Diantha and that would have been a GOAT ending for xy battle wise
>>
>>27887968
Those numbers are since release dates, I think you know red blue and yellow had a larger window than xy right
>>
>>27888386
Who the fuck cares about that anymore? For me, that bitch could stick that ugly green booger up her ass.
>>
>>27887968
Portable consoles are also selling less and less. the 3DS sold a lot worse than the DS, even if it sold well enough. You gotta consider adoption rate.

Plus ORAS and XY both sold more than BW2, which aren't third versions.
>>
I want to find the writers' Twitter accounts so I can share it to everyone. So the entire Pokemon community can blast them and force the to quit their jobs.
>>
Winning or losing the league doesn't even change the story. He never tech alleges the same league if he loses. He just moves on either way.
>>
>>27888294
>>fans tired of ash always losing, including to people with fucking legendaries
THIS
He wants to become the best pokemon trainer, but never catches a single legendary. I'd understand if only NO ONE used legendaries as if it were normal pokemon in the league or by the E4.
You can argue that he wanted to show he can win the league without the help of uber pokemons, but the thing is he keeps losing
>>
>>27887582

And yet even with the correct type advantages, Ash still lost like a cuck.

Maybe, just maybe, its because Ash is a shit trainer and relied on the glass canon that is Greninja and that's why he lost.

I can't wait for Alain to cuck Ash out of Serena at this rate.
>>
>>27888432

Don't fucking shit on the other characters just because you delusively think Ash would win. I really didn't care about the stupid Pokemon League.
>>
>>27887874
In Latin America #AshCampeon was blowing up and a mess
>>
Can someone recommend me a shonen with a satisfying ending.
>>
Even Bleach's ending was more satisfactory than this
>>
Even the animators of the series are pissed

https://twitter.com/aoshi11/status/766241482881638400
>>
>>27888423
>>27888444
The thing is, everyone thought Ash had a real chance now because the writers were making us believe it. So what if it isn't their fault, and this is a last minute (figuratively, could have been a month ago) decision by some executive who saw the script?
>>
>>27888530
M×0
>>
File: 1469382596293.jpg (54KB, 674x553px) Image search: [Google]
1469382596293.jpg
54KB, 674x553px
>>27888475
>mfw final anime season consists on ash injecting a team of 6 shiny legendaries
Its just like the real thing!
>>
>>27885977
Don't think of it as Rukia losing think of it as Renji winning.
>>
>>27888518
The anime is dead. It doesn't matter what the sideshows do. Fuck Bonnie, Clemont, Serena, fuck the entire Pokeworld.
>>
>>27888145
I suck with names, so I'll be sure to clarify.
>Ritchie
That judge should be fired, and exiled to the harsh winters of Pokerussia. Aside from that call, not too bullshit. 2/10 bullshits

>Harrison (Assuming this is Blaziken guy)
Not bullshit at all. Only even suspect thing was Kecleon. 1/10 bullshits

>Tyson (Assuming this is Meowth guy)
I don't remember it too well, but I remember the Meowth being cool enough to not earn my endless ire. 3/10 bullshits

>Tobias
I don't call bullshit on the way the match went (Darkrai tanking Megahorn aside), but more I have to question why the fuck there isn't a competition specifically for people like this.
5/10 bullshits

>Cameron (assuming this is B/W guy)
I don't even remember the fight, but I remember being super mad about it.
6/10 bullshits

>Alain
Legit, up until 'Zard who wears a Bullshit vest, with a Bullshit aura that can fire beams of bullshit from its mouth and eyes while riding a bicycle made out of bullshit up bullshit mountain to compete in the native's annual bullshit festival, where it dons the ceremonial bullshit hat and bullshit sandals and sing bullshit folk songs as it becomes an adult.
8/10 bullshits
>>
>>27888337
Well yeah. They make you follow the adventure of this one kid specifically, of course you're gonna root for him, what is even this comment
>>
>>27888228
Tobias existence is complete bullshit, everyone nowadays tries to rationalize it as some kind of meta character taking a shot at the game players who stomp the game with legendaries, but that's just delusion, he was a bullshit character designed to stop Ash from winning and that's why they gave him the legendaries. Sure, the only "bullshit" in the battle was Heracross not defeating Darkrai, but the fact that he had a Darkrai and a Latios was bullshit enough.

Alain's victory and character make a lot more sense as it's not an asspull at all, even if it's not the outcome I expected from the narrative.
>>
>>27888586

Okay? stay mad yourself then. I'll still watch and enjoy it.
>>
>>27887968
The games don't really need to keep an upward trend, nor is it reasonable for them to.
It just needs to beat the direct competition. Right now, that's Yokai. And it does, firmly and convincingly.
I think the only victory Yokai claimed over Pokemon was it out-selling ORAS in Japan late-2014 for a month window. But that's just Japan sales, and that's a direct sequel vs a remake. Pokemon shits on Yokai worldwide, and even since, Yokai has petered in Japan. The recent game sold 600k units opening week.
The games are on-top as they have always been.
The anime's in the shitter.
>>
>>27888499
If you think the pokemon themselves have anything to do with the result, you'd be wrong.

>Smogonfrog sent to Ubers tier due to Protein giving him four typings, STAB on any move he wants, and having a speed stat that would make Mega Charizard X cry foul

>Meanwhile Mega Charizard X is OU, has a considerable amount of weaknesses with his average speed being one of them, and only really sweeps below average trainers who don't know what to do against him in the tier.
>>
>>27888526
Some people here in Chile were legitimately going to celebrate to Plaza Italia (something usually done when our Football NT wins) if he won the league.
>>
>>27888530
There is that other children's show about a game where people collect monsters (in a way) and the story continues even after the protagonist wins the tournament, with the same protagonist and no reboot. And then they had sequels with different protagonists. Go watch Yu-Gi-Oh.
>>
>>27887784
Charizard was at 60 - 80% Health too.

Pikachu landed some good hits before hand and Greninja landed one good hit when their fight started before both transformed.
>>
>>27888337
>People only like him because he's MC.
really?
you must be a genius or some shit
>>
>>27888612
You will not enjoy anything. You are either lying, trolling those who are pissed about this utter bullshit. Or just in denial the entire XYZ was for nothing. Either way, fuck you. I hope the show lose enough viewers.
>>
File: trash.png (215KB, 587x364px) Image search: [Google]
trash.png
215KB, 587x364px
Can't make this up
>>
>>27888685
Pikachu landed an electro ball and a quick attack on it while it was in the normal form (flying).

Fucking ridiculous that the frog lost.
>>
>>27888744
Mess
>>
>>27888744
Youre fucking kidding
>>
File: 1469099069393.png (41KB, 249x259px) Image search: [Google]
1469099069393.png
41KB, 249x259px
>>27888744
WHY

WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THIS

FOR WHAT GOD DAMNED PURPOSE
>>
>>27888724

Like I said, I don't give a shit about the Pokemon League. him winning it will be nothing. They didn't care enough about XY and suddenly they jumped right in just for the Pokemon League? The same kind of faggots who jumped on Pokemon Go and don't care for the games.

Tournaments are cancer.
>>
File: SHOKAN.png (225KB, 405x372px) Image search: [Google]
SHOKAN.png
225KB, 405x372px
>>27888744
>>
>>27887171
They said those BW episodes that were skipped due to the earthquake would air some time. It's been 5 years and there's zero chance of that happening now, but until two years or so ago the official site was STILL saying those episodes would air, despite even the show itself retconning them.

They literally do not care.
>>
>>27888670
Oh wow, I didn't even realize it was that dire of a power gap.

They just will not let Ash win no matter what, huh?
>>
>>27888802

People didn't care*
>>
>>27888744
>brought back writers
ITS LITERALLY the SAME writers since AG, since OS. This should NOT be a surprise.
>>
>>27888744

>It's real

These guys literally have it out for ash
>>
>I call this one: Kill the general in one copy pasta

Ash lost. He lost with a smile on his face. I understand this is to show kids not to be a sore loser. It's a good lesson and I appreciate Pokemon doing it. But my feelings for the conclusion are separate from that.
I had fallen out of the anime after Diamond and Pearl. It wasn't that I didn't like it, I just wasn't really watching it. I had other shows I was watching and Pokemon just wasn't satisfying. XYZ changed that. They developed Ash's character, expanded on the world in an interesting way, upped the animation to a grand scale to make everything feel important and hyped the Kalos League like something important was going to happen. It was enthralling. It was intoxicating. It helped unite 20 years of Pokemon fans. But ultimately, this season was no different from the others. And that is when it hit me.
He is doomed to fail. Always. He will never win anything that has any importance and will never have any meaningful character development. No matter how the Pokemon anime presents itself, we will never see Ash win a meaningful event until the series is over. And that will never happen as long as it is marketable. This made me sad, more than angry. This is a kid I grew up with who I am to watch fail over and over again. This is a kid who is, by all definition, a good kid and we will never see it pay off. But he will always have a smile on his face. He takes it. He takes it like a champ. Like the champ he is destined to never be because it is marketable.
This series is somehow optimistic and sadistic at the same time. It teaches us it is okay to lose, but at the expense of this poor character who is doomed to never reach his goals or achieve his dreams until the show he is in dies.
I will likely not be continuing with the series after XYZ. Not because I doubt the next arcs will be poorly written. But because there is no longer a reason to stay invested. Thank you Pokemon anime.
>>
>>27888820
It's even bigger than that when you realize that what that anon said applies to regular Greninja vs Mega Charizard X. Ash's Greninja is supposed to be even stronger.
>>
>>27888744
This Yuuji Asada needs a good beating
>>
>>27888851
They were not doing the previous episodes of this season.
>>
>>27887520
>Pikachu
Anon, no, Pikachu was the true MVP of the league.

I unironically like that rat now, despite being indifferent to him for over a decade.
>>
>>27888851
>"They brought the old writers back"
>"That means there were new ones"
It is to us anon.
>>
>>27888898
You'll start hating that rat again when he starts jobbing against alola lv 5 starters
>>
>>27888869

Really though, I personally do not feel this way and will likely continue to watch the series depending on how xyz actually ends since we have at least 10-12 episodes left somehow according to gameexplain and chuggaconroy's discussion
>>
>>27888744

Why would they fucking do this shit? Didn't they fire them to begin with? They fucking knew their track record and they STILL did it.

Do they just get pleasure from being shitty?
>>
>>27888676
Yugioh is shit in its own special way

>DM butchers the manga storyline
>GX is lolrandom and took topdecking to the next level
>5Ds starts strong then nosedives because one of the VAs was an irl cult member, making a complete plot shift necessary
>ZeXaL II
>ARC-V
>>
>>27888670
And yet Smogonfrog is reduced to simply being a lead spike setter because of how he simply can't compare to any Uber mons.

Smogon is retarded really, I know Greninja is stronger than most of OU, but making him useless in another tier means he'll simply not be picked at all, which is what having a tier system was supposed to avoid in the first place.
>>
>>27888588
>>Cameron (assuming this is B/W guy)
>Brought 5 mons cause he thought that was the rules
>Somehow was dumber than Ash
>Had a Riolu who evolved in the battle
I may be missing some other details
>>
>>27888744
Those people have also worked on several XY episodes, including some very good ones.

Stop this meme.
>>
>>27888977
Sending Greninja to ubers wasn't meant to have him competitive in ubers, it was meant to get him out of OU because he was uncompetitive in the tier due to being able to counter a vast number of pokemon in the tier, would you rather have 1 pokemon not being used or 20?
>>
File: Charizard.jpg (149KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Charizard.jpg
149KB, 640x480px
>>27885397
That would be, quite literally, the only thing they could do to make me happy.

I just burst into tears thinking about this. Am I a huge pussy? I feel like one, but goddamn, I just want him to make it man... That would tear my heart into pieces...
>>
>>27885645

IIRC one of the writers apologized for the Homika battle. But he put all the blame on B2W2 promotion.
>>
>>27888977
It was either uber him or ban him completely
>>
>>27888744
>Yuji Asada
>same guy who worked on the Mirror World episode, Ash vs. Olympia, Ash vs. Wulfric and that episode where TR tries to steal blue Puni-chan from Team Flare
>"BW writer brought back JUST for this 2-parter"
I hate when people who clearly have no idea what they're talking about try to appear smart. I hate it even more when idiots take them seriously.
>>
>>27889169
Nigger these people worked on SOME episodes.

They together however have not
>>
>>27885881

Kirino, Shitoge and Hinata were the expected endgames. Rowling had to apologize for RonxHermione and Orihime winning was the biggest fuck you to both Bleach readers and WSJ execs.
>>
>>27889042
Countering Pokemon does not make them unusable, if you know Greninja centralizes the meta then play around him like people used to do with Garchomp, have a check for him.

Being stuck in a tier where he literally can't compare to anyone else is what makes him unusable. Greninja is not even the only victim of this, Speed Boost Blaziken hasn't been good as a non-mega for quite a while either.

I would try to argue for Aegislash too but he's actually usable in Ubers because of how he can counter some powerful mons.
>>
File: GoodbyeHalycon.jpg (123KB, 462x675px) Image search: [Google]
GoodbyeHalycon.jpg
123KB, 462x675px
>>27889204
>Orihime winning was the biggest fuck you to both Bleach readers and WSJ execs.

Except for the FACT

Renji x Rukia has been paired since the first arc. It also makes far more sense than Rukia x Ichigo.

Ichigo x Rukia has not once had one romantic anything in the manga.

Orihime x Ichigo has been teased with since her first appearance. Also pic related
>>
>>27884548
It's at 14k right now. Hopefully it'll reach 50k.
>>
>>27889198
>They together however have not
Both Asada and Fujita worked on the Mirror world episode and in that episode with the Mega Mawile.

People need to understand that the writers have absolutely nothing to do with Ash's loss. The producers were the ones who fucked up by simply not allowing the show's story to progress and keeping the status quo.

Other than Goodra jobbing and Alan defeating Greninja with fucking BURASUTO BAAN (things that can actually be blamed on those writers), the fight itself was perfectly fine.
>>
File: strike_a_z_ring_pose__large.png (140KB, 398x242px) Image search: [Google]
strike_a_z_ring_pose__large.png
140KB, 398x242px
>>27888296
>Alain's Charizad beats Puni-chan 100% form
>Bonnie and Dedenne cry and go berserk
>Shot Z-Move and destroy Mega Charizard

I will cream my pants if that happens.
>>
>>27886969

If Chiaki writes Alola arc, then Ash is doomed to lose and die (or being mentally crippled if Konaka has misericordy on him).

Toshiki Inoue is another option, but he is capable to kill Ash off in the most WTF way, just like when he killed off Black Condor in Jetman
>>
>>27889347

They pretty much have this next arc alone to prove that it was worth it. I don't think I've ever seen pokemon fans universally pissed about the anime outside of maybe Tobias.
>>
>>27887142

Merch sales went down past year. Bandai kodomo polls even had pokemon below general top 5 (and 2 times out of boys' top 5) for the 1st time since 2014. Pokemon was generally top 4 or top 2 in those polls, but with XY debut it took a nosedive to the 6th or 8th place of general top 10.

Even TV Tokyo's fiscal report for the 2015-2016 have Pokemon going down.
>>
>>27884482
What "new kids?" Japan's birthrate is already low, and the anime's rating sucks in the West.
>>
>>27889241
Reminder that they banned Salamence because it was "too unpredictable"
>>
>>27888563
>everyone thought Ash had a real chance now because the writers were making us believe it
Isn't that called good writing?
>>
File: yeah nigga.jpg (117KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
yeah nigga.jpg
117KB, 400x300px
>mfw stopped watching after orange islands
>mfw i got a satisfactory ending where ash won
>>
>>27884482

>Japan
>kids
>>
>>27889300
Ichihime was always one sided. Rukia was the main girl and the reason why Ichigo meddled with the shinigami world
>>
File: ratings2.png (36KB, 641x180px) Image search: [Google]
ratings2.png
36KB, 641x180px
15K DISLIKES!!! I think the Pokemon community is in complete agreement that Ash should have won & they're sick of seeing him lose. FUCK THE WRITERS & the EXECUTIVES who keep shoving this down our throats!!! We'll get 20K in probably the next 2-3 hours.
>>
>>27888588
Only up to an 8/10 bullshit level?

Still awaiting the day I get to bare witness to a 10/10 bullshit Ash league loss.
>>
>>27889679

It's really that fucking bad? Will they even care?
>>
>>27889637
Honestly, I don't care about Ash winning because I enjoy the tears of XYfags who shilled the show every chance they got, but the way the buildup for the league finals was written and advertised just feels pretty fucking dishonest. Like they actually wanted to troll their entire audience at the last possible minute.

And there's a bit of legitimate bad writing, like that furfrou guy's even existing in the first place.
>>
>>27888588
>I don't call bullshit on the way the match went (Darkrai tanking Megahorn aside)
why is this bullshit?

okayish bug/fighting versus mythical fucking ghost

i mean i know its the anime and the rules are borked but cmon
>>
>>27889699
The only bullshit was Greninja taking so much damage from blast burn, the rest of the fight was pretty much no bullshit.

As much as it doesn't make sense for Ash to lose when this was being set up as his first league victory, I can't understand why would someone call bullshit on the whole fight, 8/10 is way too high.
>>
I havent watched pokemon for a long time and only came back to watch Ash's fight. I like this Alain guy, why not just replace Ash? He's tiring as hell as a protagonist and not even interesting.
>>
>>27889807
Ash has been very good in XY. Its one of the reasons people are so pissed
>>
>>27888588
Cameron was extreme bullshit actually

He was legit retarded and didn't know about pokemon weaknesses and strengths

he brought 5 pokemon to a 6 pokemon fight

He beat Ash because his Riolu evolved into Lucario mid fight and shit on Ash like it was nothing. This was back when Lucario was being massively shilled.
>>
don't worry guys, ash will beat him later in the team flare arc.

when it no longer matters.
>>
>>27885881
Hinata is fucking trash
>>
>>27889789
Wat?

Goodra losing to an injured Bisharp like a bitch

Charizard starting the fight injured and ending it as if he didn't just take a massive attack.
>>
>>27889853
Already looking like they work together to beat Team Flare.
So unless Alan lets Ash die just so his loli can smile again, it ain't happening.
>>
Ash's losses in leagues literally get more and more bullshit with every new season.
>>
>>27885116
>But why? Why do they need him lose so badly?
His goal is the be the best, and he needs motivation to want to keep going to different regions.

By making him champ it would likely lead to him being full of himself, and since he's already champ he won't have as much to prove in another region.
>>
Honestly this was worse than Tobias, We knew that he was going to lose but fucking nips always have to ruin everything.
>>
>>27889981
Why not have him win the tournament and lose hard to the elite four?
>>
>>27890111
That honestly could work, but then this will lead to the cycle continuing with people wanting him to beat them as well.
>>
>>27889878
How is Goodra jobbing bullshit? Some of Ash pokemon always job at the league, and no one has ever called that bullshit, because it's entirely within the realm of reality.

And Charizard stopped looking injured as soon as he mega evolved, Pikachu also looked fine as soon as he stopped fighting, yet he was declared knocked out. I would say it was only a fuck up in the animation/drawing department. It's not like MCharizard X is weak to water so he should've been able to take that shuriken.

You know what's bullshit? A no-name appearing with fucking Darkrai and Latios to fuck up Ash, and yet people seem to forget that only because they wanted Ash to win now. At least Ash went down in a legit battle against reasonable Pokemon.
>>
>>27889981
That's easily fixable with making him win in one region and then having another region's champion defeating him, motivating him to go and challenge him again in his league.
>>
>>27888670
>and only really sweeps below average trainers who don't know what to do against him
Well, yeah, Ash is fucking retarded.
>>
>>27888530

Inazuma 11. It's another kodomo where a semiautistic GK wants to revive an underdog football team... and it succeeds. With his team they win the prefectural, national and world tournaments against an unbeatable team who won 40 years in a row, a team with a god complex and against his grandpa, save the world from aliens... and manages to end up with the best girl of the show and is a based bro coach in the sequel mwahahaha. It's animated by OLM and Tomioka was headwriter of that series.
>>
>>27888979
Fuck, now I remember why I didn't remember. I didn't want to.
>>
>>27890131
>Gen 6: Ash wins the league but his E4 matches are postponed because of Team Flare
>Gen 7: Ash beats whatever there's in Alola, but since it's not a traditional league he doesn't need to do anything else there
>Gen 8: Ash beats a league and defeats one E4, losing to the second. Declines to become an E4 to keep travelling
>Gen 9: Ash defeats the entire E4, but loses to the champion. Keeps travelling
>Gen 10: Ash defeats the E4 and the Champion, but hears about some "only champions allowed" tournament and goes to another region
>Gen 11: ash places top 8 in that tournament
>keep going for more 5 gens
They could keep putting the stakes higher and higher for literally decades.
>>
>>27889455
>Toshiki Inoue

And a lot of eating scenes to symbolize sex
And Ash fells into a river every 5 min
And MISUNDERSTANDINGS
>>
File: 1459829519332.png (567KB, 510x599px) Image search: [Google]
1459829519332.png
567KB, 510x599px
Ash is fucking shit. Even this furryfucker managed to win the league with a full Eevee team
>>
>>27890381
That guy who looked like Lance should have won. His pokémon were cooler than Eeveefag's.
>>
>>27889855

t.still butthurt NaruSakufag
Thread posts: 420
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.