[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>wake up >remember new pokemon info is being shown today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: angery.png (90KB, 391x395px) Image search: [Google]
angery.png
90KB, 391x395px
>wake up
>remember new pokemon info is being shown today at 11
>visit /vp/ in hopes of discussing what will be shown today
>board is completely overtaken by anime discussion
alright you fags, indulge me. why did everyone think ash suddenly had a chance of winning the league this time? how close did he get? i honestly had no clue the board had this many people invested in the anime.
>>
>>27876222
Everyone but Pikachu was useless. Greninja lost to a Charizard in the rain.
>>
He still has a Chance the final battle isnt over and now Ash Greninja is starting
>>
File: same shit.jpg (103KB, 607x531px) Image search: [Google]
same shit.jpg
103KB, 607x531px
>>27876222
because people are absolute fucksticks who thinks a kids show where they try and show that losing is ok will suddenly abandon that message
>>
>>27876222
I think it was because Ash-Greninja exist. It was kinda overpowered, and well, it was a new gimmick in the Ashnime. Ash was wasting his time to train for no reason.
>>
>>27876276
that sounds like some bullshit. i suppose i can see why people are mad about that. but my question of why people even thought he could win in the first place is still unanswered.
>>
>>27876304
Um, anon? The episode aired hours ago, he's through.
>>
>>27876222
( I know exactly how you feel, S and M info is coming out in less than 3 HOURS, yet nobody is hyping or talking about it.)
>>
>>27876222
Animefags forced their cancer outside their general saying XY is the best and that Ash will win, encouraging shitposters and sane people to do the opposite saying he'll lose. Now the anime general is backpedaling.
>>
>>27876315
>>27876320
shit. well i hope that next time people arent stupid enough to get their hopes up
>>
>>27876222
Honestly I don't even like the anime but I don't see why anybody thought they'd let ash win the league and get rid of him when the anime is at it's most popular in years.

They want to ride this train for as long as they can.
>>
>>27876222
Ash Greninja existed and it was the first time Ash got to 2nd place in a league.

Greninja managed to avoid one blast burn from a charizard that had 2 electric attacks hit it before it mega evolved, then hit Charizard with a gigantic red water shuriken at the same he got hit with a blast burn.

The fact they didn't both fall with greninja just fainting first is an extra kick in the balls.
>>
>>27876222
We've had a general for years? The fuck have you been? But to answer your question, this saga has been making it seem like Ash was gonna win this one. Especially since Alola seemingly has no league. But no, he choked just like the writers choke on Charizard's dick.
>>
>>27876411
So you'd rather the writers choked on Sharingan no Jitsu Greninja dick?
>it's okay when Ash does it!
>>
>>27876411
It didn't make it seem like shit see >>27876460
>>27876494
>>
>>27876315
I thought the moral was 'you will never amount to anything in life'
>>
>>27876546
Yes because Greninja has been around for 20 years LOL. You're a fucking moron if you can't see how they're not equivalent
>>
>>27876222
>implying any of these threads are from people invested in the anime

i just watched the episode and made a thread because it was funny as fuck how all the animefags were constantly posting threads about ash was gonna finally win da league and he got btfo
>>
2 hours and 15 minutes left
>>
>>27876594
>wanted flavor of the month to win
Okay kiddo!
>>
File: tfwre.png (21KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
tfwre.png
21KB, 645x773px
>tfw Greninja is finally gonna start his downfall into irrelevancy
>tfw removed from the anime
>tfw removed from smash
>tfw removed from upper tiers of the games due to power creep
>>
>>27876222
I don't even watch the anime, but apparently he had one of the best teams to win the league.
>>
>>27876323
He made it to the finals, and was going really strong this time around.
>>
>>27876323
I should copy past my answer (also, for the record the rain cleared up pretty much just as the final fight started but it was still bullshit)

They'd hyped Ash up as to having a chance this time around, the memefrog was strong, 4/6 of his team going into the finals was good. He'd been pushing Diantha hard with a partially mastered synchro bond and had since then mastered it, while Alain lost to one of the E4, giving us an idea of relative power levels (though that was always kind of wonky).

For me I bought into the hype was all the meta reasons though; this was the perfect time to give him the win. Its the 20th anniversary, it would give a brief burst of exposure and hype in advance of the new games, the pikachu movie and all that, and plotwise, the fact that he's off to Alola next means his new championship title.

See, if he went into a previous region as champ, you'd think he'd either steamroll all the gyms, or he'd look bad struggling with them. Either way makes the show look weak. But the Island trials sound like something where power isnt as important, so going through them as the Kalos champion isn't a big deal. It'd be about furthering his bond with his pokemon, not winning another trophy. They could have had him win for once AND still keep the same basic plot, but without his expected power level looming over everything.

It was the perfect time but they didn't do it.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.