[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>someone goes through the effort to hand-translate every single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: translation.png (265KB, 790x874px) Image search: [Google]
translation.png
265KB, 790x874px
>someone goes through the effort to hand-translate every single piece of text in the second Pokemon TCG game for the GBC over the course of many years
>eventually, declares that the script is finished and is looking for some help to edit/polish it before putting it all together in a romhack so people can play it
>one year later, no one heard anything from since the declaration

Welp, what a waste of my time.
>>
>>27866021
If you care so much, help him out yourself faggot.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-18-00-20-45.jpg (11KB, 263x36px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-18-00-20-45.jpg
11KB, 263x36px
>>
>>27866045
I literally can't, the whole point is he fucking vanished as soon as he asked for people to help editing the script.
>>
>>27866057
Literally who
>>
>>27866103
danke
>>
>>27866116
I don't know who that is
>>
>>27866137
The author
>>
>>27866021
I'm pretty sure I saw a download link to the full-translated game a month ago in /vp/. You sure you are looking hard enough?
>>
>>27866184
That was a machine translated one done by someone else.
>>
>>27866206
Ah, that explains it. Thanks for the clarification.

Hopefully people interested in the game give him enough support to insert the translation into the game. Have you tried posting this around /heg/?
>>
>>27866184
>>27866206

I'm pretty sure there are other fan translations for PTCG2. I know I have a pretty good one (not sure if it's 100% but it seems like it) that I downloaded back in March or April.
>>
>>27866179
No, he's the chef.
>>
>>27866206
Yeah, and it killed danke's motivation in the project, since everyone's just going to play the shitty one and treat it as "the" translation.

>>27866298
That's the machine translated one.
>>
>>27866253
>Have you tried posting this around /heg/?
No, but I don't think that would help as he didn't even post the script anywhere.
>>
>>27866348

I wouldn't call it shitty just because it's machine translated. The dialogue seemed natural enough and there was even some flavorful word choice here and there. Maybe I'm a plebian with low standards, but it's not even the type of game where localization makes a huge difference versus straight translation.
>>
>>27866490
There's a difference between localizing dialogue you understand and just kinda making shit up after google translating your way to getting what might have been the gist of it.
This was the latter.
>>
>>27866522

Fair enough. I don't know moonspeak so I can't say how inaccurate the translation is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.