[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why hasn't Nintendo developed a Red/Blue remaster with new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: Reggie.jpg (20KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Reggie.jpg
20KB, 500x333px
Why hasn't Nintendo developed a Red/Blue remaster with new graphics?

Do they hate money?
>>
File: firered-leafgreen.jpg (85KB, 470x235px) Image search: [Google]
firered-leafgreen.jpg
85KB, 470x235px
>>27861206
Because they already did it back in 2004, and recently released R/B/Y earlier this year on Virtual Console.

Next question.
>>
fire red and leaf green are the worst selling remakes lol. Gamefreak should stop catering to that kanto. kalos, aloha and pokemon go and the red and blue vitrual release is enough gen 1
>>
>>27861206
Cause kanto lacks soul.
>>
>>27861240
>and recently released R/B/Y earlier this year on Virtual Console.
Rerealsing on a new console isn't a remake, you tremendous retard.

>>27861271
>fire red and leaf green are the worst selling remakes lol
t. your ass

They sold over 12m, and that's even considering they released those way too fucking early. You don't remaster a game 8 years later.
>>
I'm more interested in when we'll get VC releases for Gold, Silver and Crystal.
>>
Because gen 1 is boring and bland?

Nobody fucking wants that and in order to make it not boring/bland they're going to have to significantly change it which would piss off the small percentage of normies that do want it
>>
>>27861349
Also, gen 1 is really fast. It only takes like a few hours to beat the games
>>
>>27861328
Soul sliver, heartgold and Oras have sold more. 8 years they remaked because how broken red and blue were and they only made it worse with fire red and leaf green. Kanto just isnt good. its boring af
>>
>>27861328

At least is the best way to play the "first gen" now and a great game to get into pokémon for normies and common videogamers alike, simple, not so hand-holding and can run on a fuckin abacus.
>>
>>27861206

Saving it for the home console they are gonna have to make it for since NX is supposedly a handheld/console.

No ways around it especially since Nintendo merged their console and hand held development teams.
>>
In my opinion, gen 1 was boring as fuuuuuck, now I'm not saying "Jesus christ it's the generation of the worst pokemon games." Gen 5 (Specifically b/w 2 hold this position.), but the rival was a good rival, it's just there wasn't a lot to explore, Gen 2 will always be the best in my eyes, however if they decide to revisit kanto again, they should make it link with Johto
>>
Can you shut up about this. Kanto has got to be the most boring, bland or worst in general region ever. I don't even know why people like this. I get it you're a nostlagiafag but you can't hide the fact that this region is the worst of all even if it's the one who started the franchise.
>>
>>27861206
I wouldn't mind it. If, as a hypothetical scenario, in gen 7, we got:
>SM
>DP remakes
>RB or Y remakes
And just as an extra
>BW3
Then they'd have several extra years to make more Pokémon designs for gen 8, we'd be filled up on remakes, and they'd have enough games to test several potential gen 8 or 9 directors. And, because that would effectively take up two gen's time, (hypothetically) we would still be fighting the oft-argued "dex bloat" while also having another gen of 150+ mons.

I don't see a downside 2bh
>>
>>27861206
Just dumping the cart to Virtual Console is easier and you don't have to hear whiny faggots say that the remake ruined muh childhoods.
>>
>>27861412
What? We're not getting gen 4 remakes until gen 8 and were not getting bw3 until gen 9.
>>
>>27861206
I want an open world game where you can go to all the Japanese-based regions.
>>
>>27861328
>You don't remaster a game 8 years later.

Why not? Even 6 years can work pretty damn well.
>>
>>27861412
What happened? I thought you wanted the shitposting to end? Sigh, guess I'll have to work harder
>>
>>27861451

We're never getting BW3.

You'll be lucky to get gen 5 remakes at all. The entire gen under preformed. Merch sales were at an all time low, and the anime ratings were in the trash.
>>
>>27861278
It was essentially an NES game, to be fair. Pretty limited. But they did okay for their first game, given the severe hardware limitations.

If they remake Kanto again, I'd hope it would have a shit ton of embellishment, honestly. Set it in the "future," if you have to. I'd like to see Saffron City be almost as big as Luminose, or to have Route 2 properly divided into a North and South path, or Mt. Moon to be an actual mountain, instead of an underground cave, etc. Hell, pull a HGSS and expand the map with some new areas, too.
>>
>>27861485

For the US FRLG were six years.

And they brought a lot of people back too.
>>
>>27861490
Gamefreak said they want to go back to unova
>>
>>27861494
R/g/b/y are not nes games. They are gameboy games
>>
>>27861349
I wouldn't mind revisiting Kanto if it was set 20 years after RBY and the region changed to reflect the time skip.
>>
File: 1471369221498.jpg (28KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471369221498.jpg
28KB, 600x600px
>>27861206
>>
>>27861206
>asking for more rehashes

go away Schlomo
>>
>>27861488
>>27861412
With trips that similar, I admit I don't know which of you is legitimate anymore.

That's some dedicated shitposting, right there. Congratulations, TopKek, you really pissed off a truly bored person now.
>>
>>27861408
The answer is because it's not a fact it's your opinion
>>
>>27861522

That honestly surprises me.

>>27861556

I really do want a game set in Kanto and Johto that's not a direct remake of RGBY/GSC

Just a game set in those two regions with new characters and maybe you can fight an older Red and Gold at some point.
>>
>>27861625
This is honestly pissing me off right now, why is somebody impersonating me? Who the fuck has this much time on their hands?
>>
>>27861551
I'm saying that the Gameboy was about as powerful as the NES. In fact, since it was monochrome dot matrix, you could argue that it was weaker than the NES in any way.
>>
>>27861494
I think this is the answer. Not even really having to set it in the future, but just embellishing on existing routes and adding stuff in.

Make the baseline game the same, so you can follow the same route and there isn't stuff removed, but add in more side areas and things. Make small groves and forests that you use cut to access, or hidden side caves. Make a mountain overpass to Mt. Moon that gives you an Old Amber instead. Make Cinnebar island larger so that there's more to do there. Add some extra optional islands in the sea.

Basically just make the game bigger so it doesn't feel as plain.
>>
>>27861328
They kinda needed to make FR/LG out of necessity, seeing how before their release it was literally impossible to catch em' all in Gen III.
>>
If they do it they need to remake the region entirely. Like, keep the general plot, cities, and gym leaders, that's fine. But shake up the layout of the region, make different routes work differently, maybe reposition towns. Add in a post game area bases off of the real northern Kanto/Niigata prefecture as a whole, along with keeping the Sevii Isles.

But just a graphical upgrade from FRLG? No thanks.

Basically if they put actual work into it, yeah. If not, which they won't, then no. Vanilla Kanto is boring as fuck.
>>
>>27861408
Worst region? Pretty sure Kalos holds that title
>>
>>27861684
Lol
>>
>>27861684

Just get rid of the fucking trip. Even if it's just for a few days it's not going to kill you. For christ fucking sake.

>>27861754

You idiots do realize that was on purpose right?
>>
>>27861522
source?
>>
>>27861779
nice shop dumbass, stop impersonating TopKec
>>
>>27861328
>Rereleasing on a new console isn't a remake
It may not be, but it's a reason to not make one. Why would you buy a better-looking version of the exact same game, when you bought an identical version with graphics that tickle your nostalgia factor not that long ago?
>>
>>27861720
>>27861494

Exactly. If they're going to do a current gen, full 3D Kanto, they better not pull an ORAS. Kanto is in SERIOUS need of expansion.

Look at how so many of the routes are straight lines. Some are downright tiny. There's a lot of hints at industrialization, but not much in the way of a true wilderness... even though, that does make sense if you consider that real-world Kanto is mostly cities.
>>
>>27861813
Why should you care?

>>27861779
>>27861684
The reason?

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

In short, we want you to stop using a tripcode for zero reason at all, and your impersonator is using a roundabout method of doing so.
>>
>>27861754
>not just putting all the Pokemon in the new games
they created that necessity, don't be an idiot
>>
>>27861206
>pandering to people who claim to be Pokemon fans but will endlessly shit on over 80% of all Pokemon just because they aren't in muh gen 1
Why won't Game Freak learn?
>>
>>27861765
Please.

Kalos has:
interesting aesthetic / consistent theme throughout
cool towns that are more than just "Town #3"
the landscape is part of the plotline so its not literally just for show

Gen VI has its fair share of problems but Kalos being "terrible" isn't one of them
>>
>>27861869
The only thing I want to make clear is that he's actually the one mimicking me, otherwise I'm gonna leave the thread now so we don't clutter it too much.
>>
>>27861951
I want them to stop doing the overly theme-y regions but I guess I'll have to wait until gen VII.
>>
>>27861206
They already do, every 3-4 years in fact. That is literally their entire business model.
>>
>>27861393
Not subtle enough.
>>
>>27861206
X and Y
>>
>>27861853
Even having it be more industrialized would work if they actually added more to do in cities, or did more side areas like the power plant. If they didn't want to add in a bunch of extra forest areas, they could throw in more abandoned buildings or forgotten factories that have grimer or other artificial pokemon. They could even put in some places to catch previously trade-only pokemon like Jynx or Mr. Mime, if more rarely.

If they're also going to do the same thing with FRLG and absolutely cut out any past the orginal 150, I don't think they can afford to have version exclusives either. They need to try to maximize variety, and having a dozen pokemon unavailable at all will really hurt that with the smaller number.

It's pretty much just that whatever they do, they can't be afraid to break some rules and add more content.
>>
>>27861951
Is this bait?

I would say that Kalos is only about as cohesive as most other regions. Kalos honestly reminds me a lot of Sinnoh, in many ways. There are a lot of parallels.

Now, whether or not Sinnoh and Kalos are bland? That's up to personal preference. However, I'd say both regions are equally haphazard in the way biomes are placed, the bland towns mixed with the WTF towns, etc.

Luminose is a giant, confusing city, though, and Mt. Coronet is a giant, confusing cave. I admit to interpreting the central location of the region fairly liberally in that regard. Still, I think the more you think about it, the more alike Kalos and Sinnoh function.
>>
>>27862272

I can honestly see this now that you bring it up.
>>
I think that a sequel to RGBY set in Kanto and featuring mostly the original 151 Pokes would sell shitloads. It's not like they have to ignore everything else in the series in order to appease Genwunners, they can still make it a modern Pokemon game with all the current-gen bells and whistles.
>inb4 'GSC'
Kanto in those games was nothing more than an afterthought. I'm talking about a true sequel with a decent timeskip, an expanded Kanto and a proper story.
>>
File: 1471287873327.jpg (3KB, 109x125px) Image search: [Google]
1471287873327.jpg
3KB, 109x125px
>>27861206
because they don't want to waste shit on remaking a game that's already been (a) remade and (b) re-released
because they can make better games rather than shitty kanto and its (mostly) shitty pokemon
/thread
>>
>>27861206
>implying they aren't

Facts:
>DPPt are DS games that can still be played on a 3DS
>There needs to be a second set of games in this generation
>R/B/Y, aside from VC, cannot be played on the current gen system
>>
>>27862949

DPPt are games that are also out of print.
>>
>>27862999
BW/2 are out of print, will they remake those? :^)
>>
>>27863092
I hope so.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.