[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>only resists itself >has 4 weaknesses >almost all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

File: latest[1].png (173KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
173KB, 475x475px
>only resists itself
>has 4 weaknesses
>almost all ice pokemon are slow and defensive
How do we fix ice type?
>>
>>27859542
>Water and Ice SE on each other
>Ice SE on Bug
>>
>>27859542
make more weavile-like ice types.
That's litterally all ice needs, more pokemon to actually be like the typing suggests they should be: glass canons.
>>
>>27859599

Bug definitely doesn't deserve to be nerfed more defensively.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 379x287px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 379x287px
Offensively, it's a great type. We need more faster ones like Weavile. Hopefully Alolan Ninetales will be faster.
>>
>>27859542
Make it resist Water and Remove its Steel weakness.
>>
>>27859599
>fucking Bug over
Ice super effective on Water and Steel.

>why steel?
Dips at gf don't recognize this, but steel is very brittle when cold (about -65 deg celsius). Blast that steel with an Ice Beam and it will bust under its own weight.
>>
File: 250px-461Weavile.png (57KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-461Weavile.png
57KB, 250x250px
Look at this, and admire it. This is what ice types should be, not shit like avaalug that doesn't work as a tank 70% of the time. Froslass is a good example, it just lacks enough offensive power but the speed is there.

Weavile and speedy mons will make ice type great again

>>27859656
>ice and steel beat each other
That'd be neat, finally a rivalry match up since gen 1
>>
>>27859656
Wait shit, nvm. I just made it better offensively. Add Water and Steel resists instead.
>>
>>27859630
Bug should resist fairy and fairy should take x2 damage from it.
>>
>Immune to Water
>Remove weakness to rock and steel
>More offensive ice pokemon
>>
I always thought it should resist Fairy
>>
>>27859677
it still doesn't help already existing slow ice mons. I just don't get why they keep designing slow ones when they should know how inherently awful they will be
>>
>>27859694
>Immune
Ok now you are taking it too far.
>>
>>27859542

Remove the Rock and Fighting weaknesses.

There, problem solved.
>>
>>27859542
Weak:Fire,Rock,Steel
Resist:Ice,Water,Ground,Fairy
>>
>>27859882
Burn them. They're flaws and disgraces to the typing, that must be pruned from the dex.
I'm kidding I love mamoswine and lapras. Maybe make ice resiste steel, resist flying and ground, and beat water
>>
>>27859911
Fine, but I'm adding a resistance to grass as a trade off
>>
>>27859987
>resistance to grass
Because grass wasn't already ultrafucked by resistances, lets make more types resist it.
>>
>>27859911
yeah, fuck off scald spammer. water types should actually require some thought
>>
>>27859644
>Alola Sandshrew and Sandslash are described as slow-moving, but that they're very quick when sliding around on ice
I'm half expecting them to make an Ice Terrain move that boosts the speed of any Ice-types on the field, like Surge Surfer but part of the actual move instead of a separate ability. Or maybe just a Slush Surfer HA for Sandslash.
>>
>>27859987
Grass resistance doesnt help at all its not needed.
>>27860165
Resist Water then.
>>
>>27860525
>Resist Water then.
Do you understand why scald spam is so good?
>>
regice should have gotten heatproof instead for his hidden ability, fits with his description better. also fuck registeel getting light metal, such a useless ability for him, despite it matching with his whole "hollow body"
>>
>>27859542
Make it resist dragon and fairy.
>>
I agree with making more offensive ice types, and totally disagree with the weakness/resistance changes. Especially anything involving water.
What would help is a buff to hail. Give it another move that can bypass accuracy and give it the defense boost that sand does to rock types. Maybe also weaken water moves during hail.
>>
File: 1429824956866.jpg (117KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
1429824956866.jpg
117KB, 1058x705px
>>27859542
>Fighting types can't punch through solid ice
>Water can't break through it. Scald would have another use when used against Ice types.
>Dragons should be NVE, giving Ice an important defensive capability

Did I twist the meta enough for you all?
>>
>>27860725
>Dragons should be NVE
This is fucking pointless, considering almost every dragon type has access to flamethrower/fire blast
>>
The only way to fix all these slow bulky ice mons is to buff hail. If Ice had no weaknesses provided there's a snowstorm it wouldn't be half bad. It'd make slow defensive ice mons viable but not op since they need a turn to setup while not causing the already good ice types to become op, since shit like weavile still has terrible bulk. The only other buff that could work would be to make hail lower non ice type speed by two stages but that doesn't really help all the ice types with sub 50 base speed
>>
>>27860765
Every dragon type also spams outrage so it would put them on equal footjng with steel types as a win button deterent with the added benefit of actually being able to kill the dragon type.
>>
>>27860165
>water immunities don't already exist
>>
>>27861019
>spams outrage

am I in gen V still?
>>
>>27860765
And yet it was good enough for steel. It would still be useful and logical.
>>
>>27859542
>Make ice resist water, grass
>remove weaknesses to fighting/steel

Also why isn't Regice's hidden ability heatproof? He's the un-meltable glacier pokemon, so why not?
>>
>>27861053
So then it wouldn't matter if ice types also got it :^)
>>
>>27861131
>Making grass worse
please leave
>>
Make Fighting deal normal damage to Ice. Make Ice deal normal damage to Water.

Change Freeze Dry to double its base damage against Water types.
>>
>>27861202
grass should lose the flying weakness desu
>>
>>27859599
ice is one of the best types OFFENSIVE, but it is one of the worst DEFENSIV, you want to make it to the strongest offensiv typ you idiot. this will help ZERO.

it just needs to resist 1,2 types and lose a weakness.
>>
>>27859656
>wanting steel to lose ice resistence
why not just delete steel from the game since they are fucked up with losing 2 resis.
>>
File: 1428775094392.jpg (103KB, 607x531px) Image search: [Google]
1428775094392.jpg
103KB, 607x531px
wow, all this low elo people who think ice is bad because of offensive problems.
>not knowing that ice is a great offensive type but shit defensive-wise.

gid gud vp
>>
My ice mono team beat a couple of shitters I'm a shitter too yesterday it was mind boggling. I thought ice was supposed to be bad
>>
Instead of fucking with the type chart some more how about changing the mechanics of ice related weather, moves, and abilities? Make it so the existing defensive ice types can work as well as the glass cannons. Give them some damn utility like using ice moves 3 times on a pokemon triggers guaranteed freeze. Rather than praying to RNGsus you now have a predictable and usable mechanic, change hail for better utility, and make freeze also lower physical defense (brittle) like burn lowers attack or some shit. All just random ideas
>>
>>27859542
Fuck future water types by getting rid of their access to ice beam. Let the strongest ice move be icy wind. Have ice resist water.

Also, stop trying to fuck grass and bug over. Let those two types resist fairies. Heck, have bug be super effective against fairies
>>
>>27861019
>Every dragon type also spams outrage
5 years ago.
>>
File: image.jpg (281KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
281KB, 1280x960px
>>27860508
>Icy Terrain
>gives +1 priority to Ice Type Pokemon for 5 turns
>TM at Ice Gym
>Most Ice Types learn it
>MFW
>>
>>27859542
give it some resistances, like water, flying and ground. Remove the nonsense fighting weakness. Maybe have hail give them a 1.5 defense boost like reverse sandstorm.

While we're at it, give grass a fairy resist and remove the flying weakness. Have dragon no longer resist it.
Remove the bug resistance from fairy and turn it into a weakness. give them neutral damage against steel.
Rock loses the water and ground weaknesses
Make poison SE against water.
Make psychic SE against ghost.
Make electric super effective against steel.
That should fix most of it.
>>
File: Frozen-Alive-poster.jpg (522KB, 1000x782px) Image search: [Google]
Frozen-Alive-poster.jpg
522KB, 1000x782px
You know what would really fix Ice type? Ice types that actually feel cold and do cold well. Pretty much every type has a theme most of them are built around:
>Fire - ALL OFFENSE AND NO DEFENSE
>Water - Evenly balanced in everything with a bit more focus on special attack
>Grass - Recovery moves and HP draining
>Electric - Speed above everything else
You know what Ice's gimmick could have been? SHOULD have been? Stalling and status. Cold slows things down. Chemical reactions can't happen if molecules don't move quickly enough. Water freezes. Plants die. Below a certain temperature electronics won't hold a charge. Bugs, and Normal animals, all sorts of other things don't last very long in cold environments. Ever try to walk through a foot of snow? Not easy. Even in snowshoes.

But instead of buffing Ice types up by nerfing other types, what we really need? We need a move/ability/buff added on to Hail to more reliably deal out the Frozen status condition so it can actually be called a game mechanic or at the very least more Ice types to get moves that decrease speed, attack, and special attack and/or flinch opponents so that Ice can be what it should be - debilitating at first, and deadly after too many little things like frostbite and hypothermia set in. Ice shouldn't be the type you have to worry about keeping your Flying and Grass types away from. Ice should be the type you have to worry about running out of PP against, not because your attacks keep missing, but because you're so weakened and burden down with stat decreases and status ailments that they all hit and do fuck all. Because you have recovery moves, but you don't know if you'll be able to use them next turn, or the turn after that. Because you have to practically set your allies on fire just to thaw them out, warm them up, and keep them alive.

So it's fine if Ice types are mostly slow and defensive. But it's not fine if they can't pass that same effect onto anything else.
>>
The absolute number 1 problem with the Ice-type is that there are a ton of shitmons. You should not design a type to be a glass cannon and proceed to make a strong majority slow and bulky with shitty HP.

Barring the above information, the remaining problems are the following:

- Lack of resistances
- This fantastic offense type shares basically every single fucking move with bulkier, more balanced Water-types.

So basically you need to have a reason to use it over Water. That can only come with nerfs to Water, IMO, as well as more unique resistances.

>Resist Water, except Scald
>Resist Flying
>Resist Dragon
>Neutral Fighting
>Neutral Steel
>Neutral Rock
>SE against Water

The offensive buff would likely buff Water-types as well to help balance their nerf. However, a coverage move is no match for a high-powered Ice type with STAB.

I had it resist Flying and Dragon because they can best deal with the offensive nerfs compared to other types.

I had Steel be neutral because there's no reason for it to be super effective. Titanic, anyone?

I had it neutral Rock purely for balance reasons.
>>
Maybe Ice Types should have their own version of Recover.

As for being SE against Water, think of all the Water Pokemon using Ice Beam against each other.
Buff Freeze Dry instead or increase the number of users.

Hail also isn't as good of a weather as the other 3.
>>
File: 250px-478Froslass.png (47KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-478Froslass.png
47KB, 250x250px
>>27859677
if only it wasn't so trash defensively. I guess focus sash+destny bond but you only get 1 or 2 attack rounds with this
>>
File: image.png (23KB, 319x259px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
23KB, 319x259px
>Ice resists water
>When hit with a Fire Type attack or gets the BURN status, the Ice Type becomes Water Type for a turn
>Water loses its resistance to Ice

It's still has to have its glass cannon schtick or what's the point?

pic unrelated
>>
>>27859542
Remove its Fighting and Rock weaknesses and make it resist Water, Dragon and Flying.
>>
>>27859542
Make it resist and be SE against fairy. It makes a little sense.
>>
>>27861118
Steel was never a check to dragons. Not in the sense that steel was supposed to KO them.
>>
>it's another "ice resists water!" episode
Last I checked my ice didn't melt of its own accord.
>>
>>27859542
Still better than Grass types.
>>
Why do all you faggots want to turn ice into a poor man's steel?
Water is a great defensive type because of a lot of high HP Pokemon with access to recover, not because it resists everything and its grandma.
Ice needs a new niche since its been 20 years since its "secondary typing for water" gimmick became pointless. Either make a dedicated average spread like steel and dragons or buff its weather usage. Don't go overboard trying to nerf other things by proxy.
>>
>>27861415
>Waaaahhh! Waaahhh! Why isn't Steel overpowered anymore, don't nerf it GF!!

Fuck off faggot, Steel getting nerfed is fine if it means buffing one of the most useless types in the game.
>>
Resist dragon because duh, resist flying because I'd like to see a bird try to attack some ice, and resistant to ghost because dead things are cold and really, what's a ghost gonna do to ice?

And if water is resistant to ice, ice should be resistant to water.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.