[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jesus fucking christ i'm seriously about to throw my god

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

File: fuck you.png (57KB, 296x283px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.png
57KB, 296x283px
Jesus fucking christ i'm seriously about to throw my god damn 3ds at the fucking wall because of this annoying bullshit. Im trying to catch a fucking snorlax in my red version and it'll be fine if it breaks out of the pokeball but my retarded ass trainer can't even hit the fucking thing with a god damn piece of shit ball! every fucking time every god damn time it says I missed the fucking snorlax like are you actually retarded it's a giant fatass pokemon why the fuck do you keep missing fuck this annyoing cunty game fucking hit the snorlax! Do pokeballs just not fucking work or something? Do I need great balls?
>>
>>27858318
>Do I need great balls?
yup
>>
Breathe, and throw another.
>>
>retard baby is mad because the game isn't a cakewalk where everything is handed to you
>>
>>27858350
I had 30 pokeballs
I threw 30 pokeballs
I missed snorlax 30 god damn times

>>27858337
are you shitting me? You NEED great balls? who the fuck designed this game fuck that bullshit
>>
"The Pokeball missed" doesn't actually mean anything. It's just alternate text that appears sometimes when a Pokemon would otherwise immediately pop out of the ball (specifically, the dialog is triggered when you miss the first shake check by a HUGE margin). A lot of people think that being able to miss somehow alters the odds of catching a Pokemon in gen 1.
>>
>>27858357
I'm fine if it breaks out of the pokeball. The issue is my retarded character misses every single fucking throw
>>
>>27858318
This is one mechanic I do not miss. How can you miss a Pokémon that big?
>>
>>27858318
>it's the same guy who couldn't beat the e4 in HGSS
>>
>>27858371
>You NEED great balls? who the fuck designed this game fuck that bullshit

Have fun trying to catch the legendary birds, then.
>>
>>27858398
no it's not
>>
I caught snorlax full hp with one pokeball
>>
>>27858407
I would have come prepared with greatballs if I knew I needed them. I just got the flute so i'm not far into the game. Pkeballs are still viable. Btu now they aren't so now i'll be getting great balls.
>>
>>27858429
alright so at least I know pokeballs do work
>>
>>27858409
Thats even worse than. Least he made it to the E4
>>
>>27858395
>>27858393
It just means you lost your roll to catch the pokemon. It's the exact same as the pokemon going into the ball, but popping out immediately.
>>
>>27858430
RBGY are more like typical JRPG, if you see new Gear / Items in a shop. Buy them, you'll need them.

And that apply for the Pokémon too, if you see something you don't have, catch them, and in most cases, is going to be better than something you already have. Exceptions being Pokémon like Onix or almost every Water Type compared against either Gyarados, Lapras or Starmie.
>>
>>27858318
It looks like it's about to fart in that sprite.
>>
>>27858392
This. It's entirely static, and if you miss a Pokémon once you will always "miss" it until you catch it or improve your odds with damage or status effects.
>>
>>27858318
>It ain't gonna suck itself.png
>>
>>27858318
Why do you only have three Pokémon at Lavender Town?
>>
>>27858525
I don't

I googled pokemon red snorlax and that popped up. Not my picture.
>>
Here's how it works:
To catch a Pokemon, you have to pass four "shake checks". Let's say for example, Snorlax is weakened to a point where there's a 20% chance of passing each shake. You have to roll below a 20 out of 100 (hypothetical numbers) four times. Each time you pass one, the ball shakes once. If you miss the first roll by like 30 points, the game tells you the the Pokeball missed instead of showing the Pokemon instantly pop out. It's just a mechanic to tell the player that they're doing something wrong if they're trying to throw Pokeballs at a Pokemon with such low shake odds.

It's not an additional modification to the odds of catching a Pokemon. You don't have to pass a "did the Pokeball hit?" check before doing the normal shake checks or anything. It's just flavor text.
>>
>>27858318
Snorlax:
>Suck it. Throw your balls into my hole, brat! That's how you do it!
>>
>>27858554
I don't have any pokemon with status effects for moves. Closest thing is my wartortle with ice beam so i'm fucked.
>>
OP here

I nerd raged and spent every pokepenny on great balls to try again... I fucked up. Got mad. God damn it. I'm poor now but oh well i'll get money again. Fuck you snorlax.
>>
>>27858637
Please go take some anger management classes. I'm worried about you OP.
>>
>>27858691
i'm not mad anymore after reading >>27858554
I thought I straight up missed the pokemon and I didn't even get a chance to catch it but apparently it just poped out immediately so that's not as annoying
>>
>>27858637
>he didn't save before trying to battle it again

You deserved it.
>>
>>27858732
Alright. Take care OP and I hope you catch the next Snorlax.
>>
>>27858738
I honestly forgot.

Didn't realize snorlax is on the same level as the legendary birds according to this games code. I expected it to be harder to catch but not that level.

oh well I just caught it. Named it big poppa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phaJXp_zMYM
>>
>>27858318
Kill it, go to Fuchsia and use Ultras on the second Snorlax.
>>
>>27859976
too late already caught it
>>
>>27858593
Damage the Snorlax so it uses Rest. With full HP and sleep status, even a shitty Pokeball has a 13% chance of catching it.
>>
>>27858484
>implying Slowbro isn't the best Water in RBY
Amnesia was 2gud
>>
>>27858484
>Gen 1 Gyarados
>good
The only thing that saved him from being total shit was thunderbolt. You're better off replacing Gyarados with Slowbro or Cloyster.
>>
>>27861676
I use blastoise as my water type
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1592x1591px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1592x1591px
>>27858318

I caught my Snorlax in a Poké Ball in Red Version. Not only that, but the three Legendary Birds as well. And then did the same in Blue. And then did the same in Yellow.

Don't give up OP.
>>
>>27861805
Lmao
>>
>>27861814
Ya, I caught the other legendaries as well as Mewtwo in RBY that way as well. Rather easy, though some luck was involved in it since I caught most without any reset and mostly within the first 5 Pokeballs. Just use zzz / para for fucks sake.
>>
>>27861844
is blastoise bad?
>>
>>27861676
>125/100 offenses
>huge movepool
>great typing
>bad

You're retarded.
>>
>>27861805
That's awful. Have fun with your water flareon.
>>
>>27861921
>is blastoise bad?
>>
>>27861929
>great typing
What? Every team has at least one thunderbolt in their team.
>>
File: the rack.gif (400KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
the rack.gif
400KB, 200x150px
>>27858637
>nerd raged
Kill yourself, my dude.
>>
>>27861932
I said blastoise not vaporeon
>>
>>27861676
Or Starmie? Faster than Slowbro.

Thunderbolt, Surf, Psychic, Blizzard.

But maybe Slowbro is better overall. I always went faster pokemon.
>>
>>27861949
that didn't answer my question

is first gen blastoise bad?
>>
>>27862176
He means blastoise is like flareon because it has a shitty fucking movepool
>>
>>27862226
Can't he learn earthquake? to counter electric...if they don't kill him immediately.

Zard can learn quake and he has the attack stat to make it work.
>>
>>27858430
Just don't fucking catch it, catch the other one instead
>>
>>27862262
When I play a pokemo game I always have a 6 pokemon team in mind. Snorlax is one of the 6. I only need surf now so I can get my magneton and i'll have the 6 I wanted.
>>
>>27862188
Yeah, but his list included both Starmie and Lapras.
>>
Try doing a curveball, it increases your chances of getting it + you get a bonus 10 exp
>>
File: 1424497746113.png (207KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
1424497746113.png
207KB, 700x500px
>>27865006
>>
>>27865006
you don't know how badly I want a snorlax in pokemon go

It's been my favorite pokemon since first gen. Design wise my favorite is scyther but inbattle I always love having a snorlax. He's a beast.
>>
>>27865006
I always miss my curve throws so it's not even worth the 10 extra XP i'd get. I lose too many pokeballs trying so i'd rather just throw them normally.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.