[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any way at all to make hunting for Feebas easier? Can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: Screenshot_20160817-154110.png (114KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160817-154110.png
114KB, 2560x1440px
Is there any way at all to make hunting for Feebas easier? Can the random tiles be above this waterfall?
>>
>>27853218
I sent an email to myself three years ago to remind me of which tile it was in my game.
"Solo rock against the right wall, toward the bottom of the river.
Third space in from the wall, in line with the bottom of the rock, above the land space with grass."
I have no idea what that means anymore and it isn't where yours will be.
>>
>>27853291
Yea I know about how the tiles are different for everyone and you basically have to try every fucking one on the route till you get it. But are there any tips I could use to be more efficient? Is Super Rod the highest spawn chance? How many times should I fish on each tile?
>>
>>27853375
>How many times should I fish on each tile?
According to Bulbapedia there is a 50% chance regardless of rod type when you fish in the proper spot. So I'd go 3-6
>>
>>27853375
Use super rod 4 times each square, that's how I did it.
>>
Feebas can appear between levels 20 to 25, regardless of which rod you use. Thus, an Old Rod is preferred due to the fact that it's easier to run away from weaker Pokemon. On the 6 squares, you have a 50% chance of pulling a Feebas when you reel in the Pokemon.

Attempting each square 4 times will give you over 90% certainty that the tile is not a Feebas tile.
Attempting each square 5 times will give you over 95% certainty that the tile is not a Feebas tile.
Attempting each square 6 times will give you over 97.5% certainty that the tile is not a Feebas tile.
>>
>>27853736
>>27853908
>50%
that was in DPPt
in RSE it's 75 %

>>27853375
My suggestion is to try each tile only once, or if you are paranoid try each tile twice which gives you a 94 % certainty that you found a tile.
>>
Could the water above the waterfall possibly contain Feebas tiles or can I ignore it? I don't have the HM yet.
>>
>>27854259
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hoenn_Route_119#Generation_III
50% in R/S/E.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mt._Coronet#B1F_and_Route_216_entrance
50% in D/P/Pt.
>>
>>27853218

This shit is annoying but I gotta admit, back then doing all this shit to get Feebas, catching some of them after finding it (for me and my friends) AND THEN having to do all that shit to evolve it into Milotic with nice stats and moves felt so fucking great, it was a trip, slow but I felt nicely rewarded for it since I was the only fucker with a Milotic at school and I rolled her around to help my mates fill their dex (The didn't bother evolving it).

I was also the only idiot with a Ho-oh, well, let me clear it, THREE FUCKING HO OH's from three different playtroughs in Colosseum, didn't trade them, I just liked rubbing them on my fellow's face, but I did register it on their dexes, so I wasn't that bad,
>>
>>27854259
this op, mathematically the fastest way is to test every tile only once. even if you get that 25% bad luck and skip the first feebas tile, you will be at the second one when somebody fishing twice reaches the first one.

i think i did feebas fishing about 3 times back in the days and it really doesnt take too long.
>>
I used to have a Feebas pokemon card back in the day that showed him next a big rock in the water. So every day from that point on, I started fishing next to the big rock in the water (it takes up 4squares), and eventually I found my Feebas. I felt like a genius.
>>
>>27854433
in ORAS Feebas is 100% to be fished up next to that rock at night now too.
>>
File: Milotic.png (625KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Milotic.png
625KB, 1366x768px
>>27853218
Are you going for a ribbon mon? If not why are you using Gen 3?
>>
>>27854269
OP here, just need to know this and I'm good to go.
>>
>>27854614
Felt like getting around to finishing emerald after 10 years of not beating it and I gotta catch em all
>>
>>27854616
i think it can contain feebas, but you can still ignore it. if i remember correctly there are about six tiles, so you have a good chance to find one in the lower area.
>>
>>27854269
>>27854616
Yes. You need to use waterfall to get to all the potential Feebas tiles. But the probability that you don't have a tile you can get to without waterfall is pretty small.
>>
Thanks for all the help anons. Guess I'll start the grind now. No rain anymore so that should shave off some time from fleeing battles.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
Its MUCH MUCH easier to do it in ORAS plus you can shiny chain

Took me less than 100 tries to get a shiny one
>>
>>27854833
Would Lewd.
>>
File: pokewiki.png (37KB, 993x402px) Image search: [Google]
pokewiki.png
37KB, 993x402px
>>27854325
>http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hoenn_Route_119#Generation_III
eh? I got my information from the german wiki, there it said 75 %
http://www.pokewiki.de/Barschwa#Barschwa_fangen

I just checked other sources. All German ones say 75 and all English ones say 50. Could there be a difference between the regional versions?
>>
>>27853291
>I sent an email to myself three years ago to remind me of which tile it was in my game.
It resets with the phrase in Dewford, which itself changes often
>>
>>27855180
Potentially.

I haven't seen the Germans have a knack for beauty since the 1940's.
>>
>>27855235
I thought it only changed when you changed it or interacted with another players game.
Also with the dead batteries killing time based events even if it changed after a certain amount of time it wouldn't anymore.
>>
Use cheats if you're playing RSE in an emulator or just play ORAS
>>
File: Screenshot_20160817-172817.png (57KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160817-172817.png
57KB, 2560x1440px
Found it. Only one or two tiles down from the bridge, too.
>>
>>27853218
Found my spot in the middle of the waterfall

Feels fucking good man. Can take so long to find one, especially since you some times dont encounter it at first.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.