[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Hyper Beam so weak but have every other medium spam it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1462140596688.png (3MB, 1672x941px) Image search: [Google]
1462140596688.png
3MB, 1672x941px
Why is Hyper Beam so weak but have every other medium spam it like some god move?
>PMD
Hyper beam used to save the world
>anime
Spammed as THE generic signature move for any hyped up mon
>manga
similar to the anime

And yet in the game is a shit tier move outside of Porygon or M.Gardevoir cheese, what does Nintendo need to do to make Hyper Beam competitively viable or just in general useful?
>>
>Nintendo
Out.
>>
Make it not have a recharge period
>>
>>27852050
Either buff the power to 250 or give it back Gen 1 killstreaks.
>>
>>27852050
Gen I mechanics. That's all.
>>
sometimes I use it as a finisher on sylveon too!
>>
>>27852096
/thread
>>
Isn't Hyper Beam good on a few select pokémon, though? Say, Adaptability Porygon-Z? It's something I guess.
>>
>>27852230

It's a niche move on Porygon-Z and Mega Pidgeot. Otherwise it's completely worthless.
>>
Remove recharge time, Boomburst is by far superior to Hyper Beam
>>
>>27852410
And yet Boomburst is portrayed as weak shit in the anime. Probably because it belongs to Jobbervern.
>>
>>27852050

Because Gen 1 let you go on genocidal rampages against the entire enemy team with it. If you KO'd another Pokemon with it, there was no recharge time, which meant it WAS a very godly move.

A Dragonite spamming Hyper Beam was the most broken thing after Mewtwo, because all normal moves operated off the attack stat and Dragonite's was godly by gen 1 standards.
>>
>>27852074
MFW Mega Snorlax ability would be recharge move doesn't need to recharge.
>>
>>27852050
In Go it's one of the best charge moves in terms of DPS
>>
File: Horrifical.jpg (126KB, 986x591px) Image search: [Google]
Horrifical.jpg
126KB, 986x591px
>>27853097
Didnt know this until I replayed Blue, When Lances Dragonite KO'd one of my party

>Ok now I can revive a pok and KO it
>mfw it used Hyper Beam again
>>
>>27852050
Is there a ability which requires no recharge on Chargeable or Rechargeable moves?
>>
>>27854108
How fucking dumb are you kiddo?
>>
>>27852050
give power herb ability to a pokemon
>>
Hyper beam USED to be a super powerful, godly move.

And then Gen 4 happened. The physical/special split, along with the massive power creep eventually marginalized the move.
>>
File: 1471031028051.jpg (154KB, 450x585px) Image search: [Google]
1471031028051.jpg
154KB, 450x585px
It needs to be 200 BP for it to work
>>
>>27854174
dont be rude he was just asking a question
>>
>>27852050
How the fuck is hyper beam weak? What the fuck are you comparing it to? Since when is 150 power weak?
>>
>>27855800
Learn to play the game
>>
>>27855420
outside of gen 1 it never was

there were always plenty of 'mons that could stand up to a hyper beam and killing something with a hyper beam was generally speaking NOT a good idea since it gave your opponent a free turn to set up whatever horrible stat boosting move he had, then sweep your team
>>
>>27852230
it's great in doubles and triples because of wide guard baiting.
>>
>>27852230
Specs adaptability porygon z will OHKO most things but you are giving opponent an opportunity to set up on you during the recharge. I've had a lot of fun with it though
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.