[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi vp, I'm doing a playthrough of Leaf Green and decided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1458434607582.png (367KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
1458434607582.png
367KB, 636x358px
Hi vp,
I'm doing a playthrough of Leaf Green and decided to attempt a solo run as in I only use the starter and no other pokemon as far as I can.
Which of the three kanto starters will let me get the furthest? In regards to move pool/stats. Ty.
>>
>>27847211
Bulbasaur.
>>
Bulbadaur gets you through all gyms eady besides sabrina and Blaine, and you also might struggle with Lorelei. Squirtle is a pretty good bet too, but erika and surge will be difficult. Charmander is trash
>>
Squirtle, w/ Blizzard from the Pokemon Mansion, Surf, Mega Punch/Kick and maybe Bite
>>
>>27847211
Venosaur

Earthquake
Razor Leaf
Growth
Sludge Bomb

or
Leech Seed
Toxic
Protect
Giga Drain to stall.
>>
>>27847322
I remember doing a single mon run in Blue with Squirtle; when Bite was Normal-type and you could get Ice Beam in TM11 on the roof of the celadon dept store--

Bite could handle things that water was shit against, Surf and Hydro Pump were my pocket rockets with 20pp between them, and Ice Beam blew Lance the fuck out.

Not sure if this would be as good a strat in Gen3, but Charizard a shit and Venusaur will get rocked by Lorelei and all Lance's flyers, and I think Agatha rolls psychic moves too?

I think Blastoise has a better time covering his weaknesses than Venusaur does
>>
Is this a bait? If you are just using one pokemon its gonna be overleveled anyway. You can solo the game with a magikarp.
>>
>>27847353
First moveset is a all out attacker. Idea is to use growth to increase damage and depending on whom you're facing; you use the specific move.

Earthquake for electric, fire, poison, rock, or steel mons. Razor leaf for water, ground, or rock. And sludge bomb for grass pokemons.

Order of gyms you should go to

1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 7, 3, 5. Your only weakness will be Sabrina but you should be grossly over leveled at that point.

The other moveset is a defenseive setup with focus on Defense, Special Defence, and HP. Set up Leech Seed and Toxic on first two turns and switch between protect and giga drain every so often in order to stall the other mon out.
>>
>>27847382
Also yeah, this. Maybe not a magikarp without a bit of additional grinding (i can't see a lv 100 karp tackling through Bruno without needing a Costco-sized bundle of ether) but you could solo the game with anything else.
>>
>>27847371
Nature reccomendations or?
>>
>>27847382
you are retarded my friend.
>>
>>27847411
Anything that's either neutral or adds to special attack without distracting from attack or speed, imo, defenses won't matter because you'll be overleveled to fucksville and just want to maximize OHKO potential
>>
>>27847403
What natures would you suggest too
>>
>>27847371
Not to mention venusaur will get rocked by Ground moves from Bruno thanks to poison
>>
Probably Squirtle, he suffers vs Surge and Erika, but is great both in the earlygame and for everything past Erika
Easily best vs E4

Bulba is great too.

Charmander is bad
>>
>>27847430
Your best bet is to go all out attacker. Choose a nature that increases your Physical attack as fire types whom are weak to earthquake will be your biggest hurdle. Detract from defense since you want special defense to stay up to protect against psychic mons.
>>
File: IMG_0469.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0469.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>27847211
Leafgreen solo runs are easy, you should be okay with just about any pokemon. Bulbasaur would be the easiest.

Pic related, result of my last leafgreen solo run.
moveset was
-Return
-Quick Attack
-Dig
-Shadow Ball
>>
>>27847436
>Bruno's ground move
>his only ground moves are on his 2 onix
>45 base attack
>double weakness to grass
>>
When you get to E4:

Teach it (reteach) the following moveset

Sleep Powder
Razor Leaf
Earthquake
Giga Drain

On the Ice Elite, use grass type moves as it will be super effective against them.
On the fighting elite, use special moves like razor leaf or giga drain since they have poor special defense. Make sure to sleep powder them.
On Agitha, use earthquake as many are also poison which is weak to ground move. Before you fight her, teach Venosaur Return so he can attack Zubat. Replace giga drain with return.
On Lance, make sure to sleep powder as many of the dragons can one hit kill you.

Blue, use sleep powder on pidgeot. Then return it to death. Alakazam, use sleep powder and return it to death. Rhydon, use razor leaf. Exeguctar, use return and make sure you stock up on health potions. Gyrodos use razor leaf and earthquake charizard.
>>
>>27847211
Whenever I play FRLG I just stomp through the entire game with Charmander. I always wind up having Charizard before Misty, so that takes care of things. Then for the rest of the game I'm 20 levels higher than everyone and spamming Flamethrower to win.
>>
>>27847677
>earthquake charizard
Remind me what charizards typing is again?
>>
>>27847718
Then use return fggt, I don't have time to read up on every type.
>>
File: 1431191155196.jpg (34KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1431191155196.jpg
34KB, 600x400px
>>27847815
>>
>>27847815
>fggt
>>
>>27847353
Giga Drain only has 5 PP in generation III. Razor leaf is better.
>>
>>27847211
Any of the 3 will work just fine. Your playthrough will likely be faster and easier with one super stronk mon than a team anyway.

Blastoise is probably easiest because ice attacks deal with lance and champion's Venusaur.

Charizard is probably the most challenging, but still pretty easy.

Venusaur lies in the middle.

Have fun, buddy-boo.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.