[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's been said that Red and Blue wouldn't have been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: images.png (7KB, 180x188px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
7KB, 180x188px
It's been said that Red and Blue wouldn't have been nearly as successful if mew and missingno were not in the games. What does /vp/ think?
>>
>>27829169
>shoolchildren
>caring about a weird bug and a event pokemon they wouldn't get anyways
>>
>>27829169
You're right OP, ignore this underage reddittor.
>>27829212
Back when I was in grade school, a couple kids had Pokemon because it was a cool new game you read about in magazines and heard about through the grapevine. But as soon as people started finding out about Missingno and Mew, everyone had Pokemon and EVERYONE turned into "That kid".

Mew and Missingno absolutely contributed to the extreme success of Pokemon.
>>
>>27829212
Those two pokemon gave the game an aura of mystery that helped it flourish much more in the years it was relevant. I think it probably would've still been extremely successfull, but maybe it would've lacked that certain something to keep it going all these years, I could see it endin gin the second instalment, or maybe continuing as a less marketed IP of nintendo.
>>
>Red and Blue wouldn't have been nearly as successful
hyperbolic statement right there. I doubt there was a sudden influx of sales only because of two secret pokemon. Did it add longevity and relevance to kids that that already had the games? Sure.
>>
>>27829169

Saviors of the Pokémon Franchise.
>>
File: 1391992051012.jpg (23KB, 176x187px) Image search: [Google]
1391992051012.jpg
23KB, 176x187px
>>27829169
>Nintendo has been doing on-disc DLC for 20 years and it's okay when they do it
>>
>>27829169
I played pokemon gen 1 back in the late 90s and trust me it was extremely popular before anyone found out about missingno. Anyone who knew what they were doing could hack a mew into their game so that was no big deal. Pokemon hasnt been nearly as popular as it was when gen 1 and later gen 2 were new (other than Go more recently) but I was always considered kinda lame for liking it anyways.
>>
>>27829169
It's a false statement

Everything to do with how massive the pokeboom was, you can thank the TCG for.

That is what kept the game relevant to kids and could also be a proper buisness for adults through buying and selling them.

Also a spinoff game like every six months keeping the game fresh.
>>
>>27830612
>TCG
Didn't that come out WAY after Red and Blue became popular? I remember it as belonging to my sister's generation and she's 10 years younger then me.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.