[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"THERR IS NO SUCH THING AS GENWUN PANDERING" >all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 8

File: image.png (486KB, 700x496px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
486KB, 700x496px
>"THERR IS NO SUCH THING AS GENWUN PANDERING"
>all the new Alola forms are Gen 1 Pokemon only

Please, tell me how this isn't Genwun pandering.
>>
>>27824633
Zubat is getting an Alola form
Therefore, we will have Alola Crobat.
>>
>>27824650
Zubat better not appear in the wild.
>>
>>27824633
Changing the precious gen 1 designs isn't pandering though, it just pisses the nostalgiafags of.
>>
>>27824633

It's more about making old Pokemon relevant again. Genwunners wouldn't even like the new forms, they're "killing their childhood."
>>
>>27824650
Where is my alolan Pikachu? REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27824633
gen 1 is the best, sorry you weren't born early enough to experience it little boy
>>
Don't worry, you'll get Alolan Lucario.
>>
>>27824686
This
>>
>>27824633
I'm disappointed that Alolan Meowth's coin wasn't made of cardboard.
>>
>>27824633
Literally who is denying genwun pandering?

Obviously not everyone is for it and there's plenty of retards here but I've not seen one personal actually deny it.
>>
gen 1 Pokemon have gotten stale, it makes sense to only have those
>>
>>27824669

People seem to be split. I completely agree with you and hate them for butchering their designs and killing the lore. The other side is that they are trying to make gen 1 Pokemon relevant again. It's shit, give them recolors based on region like the Orange Islands did with the pink Pokemon but you can't change their typings, it just doesn't make sense.
>>
>>27824686
Gen 1 was too fucking easy. It's XY levels of free handouts
>>
>>27824707
>you can't change their typings, it just doesn't make sense.

Why not?
>>
>>27824707
kys faget
>>
>>27824707
>I completely agree with you and hate them for butchering their designs and killing the lore.
What
When did I say that
I actually like the concept and (most of) the designs.
>>
>>27824686
Everyone knows that gen 5 is the best, so you can suck on a charzards dick
>>
>>27824633
There is absolutely nothing wrong with gen 1 pandering.
>>
>>27824707
But exeggutor fits the lore perfectly.
>>
>>27824633
WHEN has anyone ever said that there's no such thing as gen 1 pandering
>>
>>27824633
It's the 20th Anniversary of the first games so they will focus on Gen 1
>>
>>27825315
But wasn't last gen basically a Red + Blue with 70 new mons.
This gen may just be a repeat. I can't wait to capture the Legendary Birds again
>>
>>27824633
Most Gen 1 pokémon are boring as fuck, giving them alternate forms is an excellent idea as it makes them more interesting.

That said, I still prefer the original forms of most pokémon who got Alola forms so far.

I just hope they give more Alola forms to the ugly fucks like Exeggutor instead of the ones that are already perfectly fine like Ninetales and Marowak.
>>
File: 1306065140326.jpg (84KB, 301x283px) Image search: [Google]
1306065140326.jpg
84KB, 301x283px
>>27824650
Alola Zubat has Schooling and it doesn't evolve.
>>
>>27824633
They've been pandering to G1 since G2.
>Able to return to Kanto and new evolution for older pokemon in G2
>Firered and Leafgreen in G3
>Newer evolutions for G1 pokemon in G4
>Many similar pokemon in design in G5
>Many Megas for G1 pokemon in G6
>Many Alolan forms of G1 pokemon on G7
>>
>>27825472
>>Many similar pokemon in design in G5
That's because they wanted to start over, and the generic mons are easy to implement.
I feel like G5 is the only gen that didn't pander to G1.
>>
>>27825213

Mm Dragon type makes so much sense. Coconut/Palm tree is fine, but just make it an evolution.

>>27824730

Because evolution takes a very long time. Making Pokemon their exact opposite typing is retarded.
>>
>>27824707
It's okay if the designs are good. So far I think most are okay at least.
>>
Why is GF STILL pandering exclusively to people who have stopped playing the games decades ago? Do they think GOnormies are seriously going to buy a 3DS to play something that has been "tainted" with designs they hate?
>>
>>27824633
it can be considered pandering, but to me, it's not as bad as past examples, it's changing Gen 1 mons, in a way refreshing them, they don't seem as stale to me from this move.

I hate Genwunners, but I can find myself appreciating this move, strangely.
>>
>>27824633
Fuck you GF for taking your own franchise and trying to make the older parts more appealing to a new audience!
How DARE they start making new regional forms beginning with the oldest generation! Even though that makes the most sense and gives new life to an otherwise bland set of Pokémon, I'm going to rage anway!
OMFG RAAAAAAGE
>>
>>27824686
Gen 1 is boring, I played it as a 5 year old so it was fun back then but its the most boring generation for me now.
>>
>>27824686
Implying you were born for gen 1. Underage pls leave.
>>
>>27825594
>Because evolution takes a very long time

Actually it usually only takes about 16 levels.
>>
>>27825594
>evolution takes a long time
This is Pokemon, where DNA changes drastically to exposure to radiation - and not in a bad way. So no, that's irrelevant and a retarded reason to dislike Gamefreak trying something new
>>
File: 1471027171292.jpg (61KB, 653x495px) Image search: [Google]
1471027171292.jpg
61KB, 653x495px
>>27824633
Yet no matter how much pandering they do, Golem will always be neglected lmao you can't make this shit up
>STILL liking Golem
>>
>>27824633
What's the point of Alolan Meowth when Purrloin already exists and is exactly everything Alolan Meowth is down to typing, species and personality?
>>
Alolah forms are the opposite of genwun pandering
>>
>>27824633
20th anniversary of pokemon
anything you say is invalid
>>
Genwunners are the worst part of the Pokemon fandom easily.

Most of the Gen 1 Pokemon are just awful and have stupid design.
>>
>>27824650
Eventual Alola Crobat better be not be a fucking trashtype like Ghost/Flying, Dark/Flying would be a little better but then normal Crobat would be still better defensively and pivot wise except for Nasty Plot Dark Pulse.

>inb4grass/flying
>>
>>27826333
Directly followed by Gen 5, mostly because Gen 5 itself was a copy of genwun.
No wonder both ended being shit.
>>
>>27825993
Literally the only difference is that Meowth is Gen 1.

Purrloin fills the exact same role as Alolan Meowth you say? But Purrloin isn't Gen 1, so who cares?

That's the mentality of Genwunners, and what Game Freak is catering to, because they don't care about Pokémon fans. They care about the largest potential market they can get.
>>
>>27824724
No.

In Gen 1, gym leaders/E4 members actually had more than 3 Pokemon. Also, EXP Share had to be turned on, not off like in XY.
And until XY, catching Pokemon didn't give your Pokemon experience.

XY is WAY too easy. This is a fact. If you don't like Gen 1, that's up to you, but don't spew bullshit about it being easy when XY was basically one long tutorial.
>>
>>27825408
>Alola Zubat with schooling
>gets a Golbat form and a Crobat form
>>
File: 1438108695310.jpg (522KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1438108695310.jpg
522KB, 1920x1080px
>>27826333
>>27826683
>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
>>27824633
Feels good being OG master race.

Meanwhile the 80% of /vp/ who started with DPP cries its eyes out daily because no "based as fuck" Alolan Lucario.
>>
>>27824633
They've revealed a small handful of Alola forms, and it's entirely possible that we'll see more of them in the final game. With Pokemon GO being so big right now, everyone is up to snuff on Gen 1 pokemon, so they may only be releasing the Gen 1 info to keep it to Pokemon the vast majority are familiar with.

They're also taking pokemon from the first gen, when type combos were rare and when they existed were very thematic and bland (Grass/Poison, Ghost/Poison, etc.) and giving them some interesting new types that still fit thematically but make them much more interesting. Fire/Ghost Marowak is fucking amazing, and Dark Meowth is very fitting. I can see them altering some later gen mons as the franchise goes on, but for now the ones that are most in need of a facelift are getting one. It's also highly likely that future gens will do something similar, so we'll be more likely to see even more regional forms.

If the pattern holds this gen and we get a Sinnoh remake, I'd be very surprised if we don't see a handful of Sinnoh form pokemon from Gen 2/3 make an appearance just to keep things fresh in a game that's otherwise a rehash.
>>
There's nothing wrong with pandering

The problem is when they get clear bias and focus that makes it more popular

Like Mega evolutions

Alola forms are unique variations that give you another option with new set ups instead of simply OPing the pokemon
>>
>>27826906
>implying pokemon isn't pandering to yokai after trashbag mons, ice creams and sand castles
>>
>>27827279
Golduck and Ninetales are based on Yokais,
>>
>>27825752
I really don't get why people think gen I is boring. Just go play fucking digimon, pls.
>>
>>27826333
you are obviously 12
>>
>>27824724
Confirmed for never having actually played a Gen 1 game.
>>
>>27827279
Yokai Watch came out at around the same time as XY you fucking moron.
>>
File: Kleenex-small-box.jpg (469KB, 1800x2300px) Image search: [Google]
Kleenex-small-box.jpg
469KB, 1800x2300px
>>27824633
I'm sorry people like Gen 1 more than any other gen, OP, and I'm sorry GameFreak acknowledges that.
Here's a tissue for your tears.
>>
>>27827886
I am a person. I dislike Gen 1 compared to other generations. Your statement is therefore incorrect, and your entire life is invalid. The noose is in the closet.
>>
>>27826333
Good nuff to launch and establish the franchise faget
Personally, I think the worst part of the fandom are the tier queers and anyone who honestly finds mons to be sexy.
>>
>>27827908
I am a person. I like Gen 1 compared to other generations. The other person's statement is therefore correct, and your entire post is invalid. The toaster is next to the bathtub.
>>
>>27824633
There probably will be forms for other gens, but only gen 1 forms will be used in advertising. You don't have to be a genwunner to acknowledge that only gen 1 mons are iconic. This is enchanced even further by the success of pokemon go.
>>
>>27824650
It's a genoneified zubat whose evo line ends at golbat as too not repel any normies
>>
>>27824633
This is pandering, but it's not the kind of pandering I hate.

When I think of really awful pandering, I think of XY's blatant copypaste from Gen 1 events.

>get a Gen 1 starter from your professor
>wake up a Snorlax with a Pokéflute
>"oh hey I have this Lapras you want it?"

Plus shit like copying Viridian Forest, the sixth Gym being obviously inspired by the sixth Kanto Gym (nine rooms with teleporters to take you to other rooms) etc.

This is new content based on Gen 1 Pokémon, instead of just rehashing old shit, so I'm fine with this.
>>
>>27824686
You're either shitposting or clinically retarded. Either way, you need to take some time off of 4chan and go see your hug machine.
>>
>>27827279

You have to be really fucking stupid to think there haven't already been Pokemon based on Yokai

Reality Check: Yokai watch is based on Yokai, which are names to Japanese mythological creatures
>>
>>27824707
Butchering the lore... how exactly?

These games never were DEEPEST LORE anyway.
>>
>>27824633
Tell me what's wrong with genwun pandering.
>>
File: xwhy.png (233KB, 1327x464px) Image search: [Google]
xwhy.png
233KB, 1327x464px
wow gen 1 why did papa gamefream let you have x and y mega evolutions
>>
>>27824633

A) We don't know that they all are for certain.

B) It's the 20th anniversary. It makes sense to give a lot of attention to where everything began.

And C) it isn't some BS like having every other wild mon being from Gen I, or a plot that tries to mimic Gen I, or etc. It's a new take on old mon's, and I'm pretty OK with that.
>>
>>27829106
It's all they've done for 2 gens now

Gen 6 pandered so fucking much you could skip out on the new starter within an hour or so of gameplay. Most of the Megas were focused on gen 1 with two Pokemon even getting two Megas. I was hoping it was exclusive pandering but now this gen is making me worry because it's gonna be "30" alolan forms like the Megas so they have an excuse not to create actually new Pokemon.
>>
>>27829431
So what's wrong with genwun pandering?
>>
>>27829431
This is my main problem.

Gen 6 was basically Gen 3 2.0 Ft. Kanto, with a guest appearance from Unova

I figured that Gen 7 would have a bit more Johto/Sinnoh inspiration instead.

But nope.
>>
>>27827908
see
>>27827942

There's a shit in the toilet next to the bathtub. Feel free to eat it before you take your dip.
>>
File: 1430848349448.jpg (32KB, 496x499px) Image search: [Google]
1430848349448.jpg
32KB, 496x499px
>>27824650
>implying it's not gonna be only Zubat and Golbat
>>
>>27825344
>Red + Blue with 70 new pokémon
The only reason people would get this impression is because you get a Gen I starter and Mewtwo. Other than that, there are pokémon from every gen throughout the game.

You also say that like Gen II wasn't designed as a sequel unlike every gen that followed. Gen II was, "hey we have some more pokémon now and all the old ones are completely relevant!"
>>
>>27826333
this tbqh
>>
>>27824739
Not that anon, but Alola forms are fucking lazy and yes, they do somewhat kill the "lore" (or so to speak). The reason for this is that no other region, despite their differences have shown any variation in existing pokémon designs. Even when taking in relative (imaginative) distance between regions, which should be so vast in many cases that divergent evolution should happen. As in not pokémon evolution, but "actual" evolution of the species to adapt to a different climate or native pokémon variation. Like it's specifically stated happened to the Alolan pokemon. If that's not lazy design I don't know what is.

For instance, take Alolan Meowth. It was changed due to being pampered and a general luxurious life. Why is this not present elsewhere? Why did nothing of the sort happen anywhere else but Alola? With any pokémon? It's reeks of laziness and the desire for change for the sake of change. Several of the new designs don't make sense in regards to the region, like Vulpix and Sandshrew. Now, if anyone is going to say there's snowy mountains on Hawaii (which I don't dispute), then they clearly don't understand what the problem is in the first place.

Then again, this is the company that specifies a route as a tropical rainforest (ORAS/RSE route 119) as a fucking pine forest.

Feel free to like the designs, but the core concept is lazy. That is even disregarding the gen I focus.
>>
>>27829682
this
>>
>>27824633
I'm not a genwunner and I like alola forms, I think it's a better way to breathe life into old pokemon than megas. I'm looking forward to variations from other gens.
>>
>>27829682
>Feel free to like the designs, but the core concept is lazy
Could say the same shit about mega evolutions.
>>
>>27826622
It will be grass/flying because fruit bat.
>>
I actually like new evolutions for old Pokemon. And it's not Mega Cancer which is great
>>
>>27824686
>gen1 is the best
>sorry you didn't play it as a small child to actually realize
lmao @ your logic
>>
NO ALOLA ESPEON OR UMBREON REEEEEEEEE
I want it ;_;
>>
I'm getting kinda sick of seeing gen 1 everywhere.

after pokemon go shoved it in everyones faces I'm getting sick of seeing shit like nidoqueens and dragonite every fucking where.
>>
>>27824633
If anything, it's anti-genwun pandering. All I see on fb is butt devastated genwunners whining about how they'd wish gamefreak would leave their "150" alone.
>>
File: mewoth dark.png (119KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
mewoth dark.png
119KB, 499x499px
>>
>>27831045
I'm waiting for persian before I shit on alolan meowth
>>
>>27824650
>Alolan Golbat evolves
>it loses the special form and becomes a regular Crobat

You're welcome.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.