[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>replay through crystal >finishing up first area, getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: bort.jpg (14KB, 320x246px) Image search: [Google]
bort.jpg
14KB, 320x246px
>replay through crystal
>finishing up first area, getting ready to head into violet town
>team already consists of 4 pokemon

Is the grind as bad as I remember it?
>>
>>27824440
Gen 2 is the one with the ridiculous level curve, right?
>>
>>27824473
The entire game sits around 20s-30s until you hit Clair who has a level 40 Kingdra. Then when you get to the league suddenly everyone's pokemon are level 50 and higher.
>>
>>27824440
yes.

for god's sake if you value your sanity, limit yourself to one or two main pokemon, and have the rest as meatshields for popping revives.
>>
File: pokemoncrystal.jpg (118KB, 637x573px) Image search: [Google]
pokemoncrystal.jpg
118KB, 637x573px
>>27824597
Sacking pokemon is unethical.
I think I'll be alright, I'm on good pace for Faulkner.
>>
>>27824680
for Faulkner sure, but after you reach Ecruteak city, the pacing takes a steep, STEEP decline.
>>
>>27824440
It's people like you GF is simplifying the games.

"I can't steamroll through to the elite four and I have to train my Pokemon to match"
- You
>>
>>27824680
>teddiursa
>phanpy
that early in the game? how?
>>
>>27824723
This. I'm pretty sure the only thing you can get that early that's that good is Geodude.
>>
>>27824723
Teddi from dark cave and phanpy from the route with spearow and geodude. Both are 5% morning spawn and have a 50% chance of fleeing though.

I planned my team out before I started, but now I just want to catch everything. I want ekans and sandshrew too. Then I'm going to evolve a wooper into quagsire.
>>
>>27824723
>>27824743

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/johto/2nd/route46.shtml

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/johto/2nd/darkcave.shtml
>>
The game is easy up to the elite 4 and kanto (Claire is also a little difficult).

Nothing agaisnt a more difficult pokemon game, but the thing is normaly I expect is that by beating every trainer on every route I should be in least just 2/3 levels lower than the average level of the elite 4, and this doesn't happen in this game.

Grinding against wild pokemon is something really boring and tedious unless you have luck egg, which you can only get from chansey in Kanto,

Also, before someone tell me that I should not have a problem with grinding wild pokemons, let me remind you that grinding is just a tedious thing that sometimes has to be done on RPG and normally doesn't require any form of skill of the player (it only requires time), If you need to be 10 levels higher than the stupid A.I of a pokemon game to beat it, you are just showing how bad you are on the game.

Yes pokemon is a numbers game, but there many variants that allow strategies that will allow you to win (status effects, lowering/increasing stats,type advantages).
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.