[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone who hates these two tell me what it is about them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

Can someone who hates these two tell me what it is about them you dislike? As soon as I saw Barbaracle I thought it looked pretty awesome.
>>
Barbaracle isn't terrible, but it has a poor color scheme and its design is a bit more complicated than it needs to be.

Binacle just reminds me of that one kid in elementary school who never washed his hands.
>>
>>27819156
I can see that about Binacle after you point it out, but I don't think the color scheme is that bad. A little strange, but at least it's different than the other Rock/Water-types with the orange stripes, imo.
>>
Binacle is poor concept, poor execution. The face looks stupid as fuck and nothing about this design makes sense.

Barbaracle is better, but not by much. Its head being a fucking hand looks bad, it's not clever or cool, it's just poorly executed. It also retains the stupid face from its predecessor.
>>
I fucking love Barbaracle

Binacle could have been better if say, its stalks were more like Barbar's hands and stalks.
>>
Binacle looks stupid but in a way that only pokemon could look.
It's stupid, but it's immediately recognizable as a pokemon.

And Barbaracle looks badass in a weird way.
>>
File: pdxy16_by_bonesdry-d8a8y5t.jpg (83KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
pdxy16_by_bonesdry-d8a8y5t.jpg
83KB, 894x894px
A lot of people liked Barbaracle when it came out! It has that nice "insane monster" quality to it that you don't get anymore.

Binacle's just kind of ugly without being too menacing or strange. I think the orange part is the mouth which makes it a little better, but not much.
>>
>>27819208
It is nice to see some more creativity in choosing the color scheme. It's a good change of pace from all the blue is for water, green is for grass Pokemon. Still, something about brown/gray/warm color is very unappealing to me. I dislike Diggersby for the same reason.
>>
the only that makes me remember it is that its in the E4
>>
the colors are really dissonant and balanced in an unsettling way. The orange and blue wouldn't be as ugly if it were divided more or less in half, with the grey/green tying them together. But instead of that, we get the stripes that add nothing but distract from the well-designed body type.

Still before your eye gets to that cool element of the design, you're drawn to the head, which makes no sense visually. It looks like a closed fist, but there's no room to depict that well and you're forced to focus your attention to realize the orange bit in the center of the head is a face. You get more face-like qualities from the eyes in the top right and bottom left quadrant. Super disorienting.

All this, and the thing has 21 visible claws and six fully detailed limbs. The amount of information stuffed into this humanoid figure is truly, and I wouldn't say this for just anything, Digimon-ish.

Anyway I hate Barbaracle
>>
I just think they are super uggo. Though to be fair the evo is a lot less of an eyesore (those constipated faces on binacle are gross )

Not my cup of tea but I can see why some might like em
>>
>>27819464
>Anyway I hate Barbaracle
stopped reading there
>>
I hate the fact that none of his hands have thumbs except the one on his face, it makes him unsymmetrical.
>>
>>27819658
This is my only complaint about Barbaracle.
>>
>>27819658
>unsymmetrical

no but anyway goose barnacles are cool so binacle and barbaracle are cool for me
>>
>>27819000

How about because the fucking rock they are attached to is somehow part of their body?

That's weird as shit.

It's like dugtrio being attached to the soil underneath it.
>>
>>27820518
How is that weird for a rock type
>>
>gorast is best makuta
>>
>>27820623
Best Makuta is Makuta
You know, when being the biggest bad actually meant something
>>
I liked barbaracle a lot more once I realized it had one big binacle in the middle and its head pierces through the upper rock from the bottom. I just thought it turned into a man made of tubes and had some extra on its shoulder. But it literally is just 5 binacle hanging out on some rocks. That's pretty creative
>>
>>27820518

Well it isn't necessarily. They are just using it to prop up a bunch of binacle together. Unless there's some pokedex entry that literally states that it has organs in the rocks.

Just like I just stated, the upper rock that forms the chest, isn't part of the body, you can see a hole in it that the head is coming up through the bottom
>>
Teridax is GOAT villian

Reboot one sucked tho
>>
>>27820716
>>27820661

Ment to reply to ^
>>
>>27820716
When did they come up with the name Teridax? When did Makuta stop being an individual entity?
>>
>>27820954
I think maybe around 05-06?

It was to justify the existence of the brotherhood of makuta
>>
It's ugly
>>
Barbaracle is gloriously ugly.

Unlike Luchalitten, which is unintentionally shitty looking. And kind of plagiarizes them stripes.
>>
>>27819000

I used to hate Barbaracle, but after using it in a water monotype run I've actually warmed up to it, and am starting to really like it actually.

Binacle on the other hand is shit though. It looks unappealing (like the kid who didn't get the memo you need to shower more than once a month), and how the fuck does it move? Obviously it's a barnacle, but Barbaracle can.
>>
>>27819318
xD
>>
>>27819000
I really dislike Binacle's faces. Besides that I like them.
>>
>>27819464
>The amount of information stuffed into this humanoid figure is truly, and I wouldn't say this for just anything, Digimon-ish.
>it's 7 barnacles stuck in rocks making a humanoid shape
Yeah ok. So much "information".
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.