[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In hype of Sun/Moon, I want to play through all the Pokémon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: firered-leafgreen.jpg (85KB, 470x235px) Image search: [Google]
firered-leafgreen.jpg
85KB, 470x235px
In hype of Sun/Moon, I want to play through all the Pokémon games starting with gen 1. Never been that big of a fan, only ones I ever beat were Emerald, Pearl, and Y. Played Leafgreen when I was younger too. So I'm wondering should I buy R/B/Y on 3DS or emulate FR/LG?
>>
>>27816284
A better thing would be to play through every region so you can just start with FRLG
>>
>>27816284
Emulate R/B/Y
>>
File: Bank.png (509KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bank.png
509KB, 1280x720px
>>27816284
I'd go with VC since you can transfer the pokemon to S&M.I like Yellow most.
>>
>>27816284
>should i pay to emulate those messy ancient relics of the past or should i play the more improved and polished versions for free?

mmmm...
>>
There's something to be said for the experience of playing through the original genwuns, because it really does have the most soul packed into all the little details, but it does contain a bunch of flaws and isn't as polished as it deserves to be. Additionally, FRLG have a bunch more content packed it that came from years of work and hindsight.

Everyone who's really into pogeymen should play red or blue at some point in their life because it gives you a much better perspective on the games, but personally if I ever go back I pretty much always just play FRLG since it's for the most part just a straight upgrade.
>>
>>27816284
>should I play the game with an interesting metagame or go with "just weather my shit senpai" the metagame

mmmm...
>>
>>27816596
Or just fucking download those ancient relics for free.
>>
Okay so I'll play one of them on 3DS. So should I buy Red, Blue or Yellow?
>>
>>27820166
Yellow. Always go for the 3rd version when given the option.
>>
>>27820166
Yellow. It's got annoying anime tie-ins but it does allow you to get all the starters.
>>
>>27820166
Unless you plan on abusing the Mew glitch, Yellow. (Yellow might even have a Mew glitch I'm not sure)
>bug fixes
>better sprites
>all the starters
>all the extra Pikachu content

No reason to go R/B unless you're really nostalgic for them.
>>
>>27820314
Yellow has a Mew glitch too.
>>
>>27820166
Yellow lets you get the starters but no Meowth (Or Weedle, only Red has Weedle. Dont ask why. You CAN get it in blue, but its obnoxiously rare appearing in 2 places and at a 5% encounter rate.)
>>
>>27820314
Yellow has the Mew Glitch, it just doesn't have the old man glitch which means you have a limited amount times you can see missingno or other glitch pokemon.
>>
>>27817005
>Metagame when OP is clearly just going to play the single player

Retard
>>
>>27816284
If you have friends you can share the experience of replaying the originals with, either get a gameboy or hack your 3dses, as you'll be able to trade and battle. Otherwise, there's emulators for andoid (My oldboy comes to mind) that support multiplayer.
That said, I still have to complete my dex in the originals (it was the only reason I started playing them; because I felt it'd be easier to complete the dex due to the less pokemon. I was wrong, however)
>>
>>27821644
Is yellow able to trade with red/blue? I might buy one of them for my gf
>>
>>27821848
Yeah, of course.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.