[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's special about Pokemon Uranium? Why do I keep hearing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1

File: Uraniumlogo.png (97KB, 450x215px) Image search: [Google]
Uraniumlogo.png
97KB, 450x215px
What's special about Pokemon Uranium? Why do I keep hearing about it? What sets it apart from the hundreds of other fan-made Pokemon hacks?
>>
>>27795648
It's a finished one.
>>
it was actually finished

it took nine years to make, so it MUST be good
>>
>>27795648
It's been advertised by Polygon, so normies know about it.
>>
>>27795648
It's Assentials and makes Sage's brown turd animals look good.

Play Brown or Vega.
>>
>>27795648
OP stop fucking advertising your own shitty game with shitty mons
>>
>>27795648
Absolutely nothing. It's typical tryhard trash.

>level 75 random encounters
>a pokemon with a unique ability that heals it after attacks
>a non-legendary pokemon with 175 SPD/ 145 ATK base stats
>a pokemon that has overheat + contrarian
>a pokemon with a unique ability that gives stab for fire, elec and ice
>trainers always have 4-6 pokemon
>don't get fly until after the last gym
>map uses two halves that can't be toggled between
>puzzles that are unwinnable by mistake
>can't use items or save during final tourney
>music taken from newgrounds
>awful lol so randum xd writing
>naruto references
>ubers that you can't actually catch but still have to fight
>reduced exp yields
>forced grinding
>enemies with perfect iv/ev
>>
>>27795648
>What sets it apart from the hundreds of other fan-made Pokemon hacks?

It's finished
>>
>>27795648
Anybody have a list of the Pokemon you can catch in this game?
>>
>>27796009
>naruto references

Okay I'm out
>>
>>27795648

Nothing, really. It's not particularly good. The only thing that sets it apart is that they actually managed to finish it.
>>
>>27795648
At first it was just being shamelessly shilled, but now that Nintendo is pursuing legal action against the creators (Rightfully. The creators set up a patreon for it, which is incredibly fucking overt and retarded.) anti-authoritarians that think Nintendo did something wrong are coming out of the woodwork to support the game.

So basically, people are going to be getting self-righteous about this shit and you won't hear the end of it from childish hippies that don't know what stealing is.

Don't ask for money if you're using someone else's IP.
>>
>>27796009
whats wrong with perfect iv and ev? For the record though uranium is shit
>>
>>27795648

>Nuclear type
Oh cool they invented a type. Let's see how badass and op it is...
>2x weakness to literally everything except Steel, which is 1x damage.

wut? Did they make this as a pure gimmick? Or does it provide some other benefit?
Also, 90% of all Nuclear type Pokemon has absolutely SHIT defenses. At least give them, like, Shuckle levels of defenses!!
>>
>>27796452
It's 2x weak to everything in exchange for being 2x strong to everything.
>>
>>27796046
Search "Pokemon Uranium" and a grossly incomplete Pokedex comes up.
>>
It seems like it has online trading and battling. That's actually impressive. Outside of that, the pokedex is terrible and the story is just the same as always.
>>
>>27796009
That all sounds like shit. Like, holy fuck. I bet it has walking Pokemon and Secret Bases? Because anything with that will get a pass on everything.
>>
>>27796207
Lol did they do that? That changes the game.

Idiots.
>>
>>27796461
OH so the actual Nuclear attacking type does 2x attack no matter what it is?
Well they did have decent attack stats on some of them. Furthermore, the actual Nuclear attacks were, like, 80s+
Unless they have decent speed, they're doomed to be 1hitKO.
>>
>>27795648
Stop making threads to shill your fanfiction
>>
>>27796207
Jesus, are they retarded? Why not just have a donation button?
>>
I checked it out after hearing about it on here. Saw the starter designs and checked out immediately. Heard there's also NUCLEARRRR types. I don't expect to ever try it.
>>
god but I love the overall look of the game, its like b&w but sooo much better
>>
>>27796885
Even a donation button is pushing the line.

You're not allowed to make profit by utilizing someone else's IP/Copyright.

No confusion about it, doesn't matter how indirectly you're getting the money.
>>
>>27796009
>forced grinding
That's not true. The "ubers" are literally just Pokemon you can get, but they don't let you capture them.
It literally heals so little, it's hilariously bad.

Is this bait? Just overhyping the bad parts to make it seem like more garbage than it is? The game is a 5/10, but /vp/ is dead fucking set on just shitting anything that isn't Clover. Literally these threads are just made by one guy so he can convince everyone that fangames are bad, same thing happened with PR. It's hard enough to get Sage shit on every time someone posts a thread.
>>
>>27796009
>level 75 random encounters
Fine and dandy as long as this is the end game.
Agreed.
>a non-legendary pokemon with 175 SPD/ 145 ATK base stats
Agreed.
>a pokemon that has overheat + contrarian
This is fine as long as it's otherwise completely shit.
>a pokemon with a unique ability that gives stab for fire, elec and ice
Agreed.
>trainers always have 4-6 pokemon
This is great.
>don't get fly until after the last gym
Agreed.
>map uses two halves that can't be toggled between
Agreed.
Agreed.
>can't use items or save during final tourney
This is great. You sound like a casual shitter you know that?
>music taken from newgrounds
Agreed.
>awful lol so randum xd writing
Agreed.
>naruto references
Agreed.
Agreed. Everything should be able to be caught.
>reduced exp yields
This is fine.
>forced grinding
>Forced
Get good.
>enemies with perfect iv/ev
This is fine.

All in all kill yourself/10
>>
>>27796500
Whats wrong with those?
>>
>>27796207
I agree that making a Patreon over this shit is awful, but let's not go and say "Everyone who likes this game is a self-righteous bigot" or shit like that, we're not a hivemind.
>>
>OP makes a thread that says the exact same thing, and samefags in it both defending and shitting on the game
>thread dies, makes another one
Holy. Fucking. Shit. Stop anytime.
>>
>>27796207
>they started a Patreon

How fucktarded can you be?

And of course nobody mentions this part
>>
>>27797048
No, they're featured that are good enough for people to accept the game
>>
>>27797129
I only heard of it now, honestly. Looked up, apparently it ended before the 1.0 came through. Still, jeez.
>>27797153
That's dumb, anon. Every fangame has shit qualities somewhere, it's just about the sum of the parts.
>>
4th gym and i'm already feeling exp crunch
and holy fuck the grass/steel starter and fire bird take a fat shit on half the game so far
>>
>>27797277
Yeah man, they take the world down hard. Just make sure you get something part Water, and anything that can go up against Dragons.
>>
>>27797094
OP here, I know that words are useless but I'm literally only >>27795648 and >>27796057
Do I give a shit if you believe me?
kek
>>
>>27797390
grass starter, fire bird, the water/fairy, then a good fighting or ground type for those steel/dragon fuckers seems like the go-to party
>>
Go read the story summary. It's typical disfuctional family + edge + autist fascination with radiation. There's a new pokemon type - radioactive - and a radioactive eeveelution is the most special snowflake.

Also the new mons are terrible.
>>
>>27797402
This thread came suspiciously right after the last one, so I dunno, OP. Seriously though, these threads are becoming shilling threads for OTHER FANGAMES now. How else would you see shit like Uranium and Vega on /vp/ at all?
>>
>>27797456
If I wanted terrible edge, I'd play Pokemon Reborn, not this shit.
>>
>>27797467
What was the last one? Was it literally the same question?

If so, then dang, sorry I guess.
>>
>>27797249
No, I'm saying that the lost you had seemed pretty bad, but I assumed it had those really beloved features.

And since that's also me, its a shame people are making them out to be huge victims. I wondered why Ninth would go after this when stuff like Mother 4 and Super Smash Flash seem safe.
>>
>>27797528
Also, I hate any fangame that adds:

Fakemon
Changes to move sets/stats or typing
>>
>>27797456
Actually not edgy surprisingly, until the last big fight with the legendary. Really happy even during serious points, and Rangers make sure that there isn't a single dangerous thing around.
>>
>>27795648
It sounds retarded, but I'm actually interested in trying out an actually complete Pokemon hack game. Those are pretty rare.

Couldn't be any worse than Snakewood
>>
>>27797528
The list was actually pretty biased and wrong, so take of that what you will. And most people honestly didn't even know about the Patreon and stuff, and apparently the money recently went towards better online servers for downloads anyways?
Also Mother 4 literally got the creator's blessing, and SSF doesn't hit 1mil in downloads this quick.
>>27797599
Only that one reddit fangame was actually Snakewood bad, from what I played. The only way I can describe it is competent. Good online system, mixed as fuck pokedex that you'll find at least a team of things you'll like from all the designs that you won't, and really nice mapping. The mapping is like reason numero uno for me playing for as long as I have.
>>
I just completed the 7th gym tonight. Overall the game is really not that bad and a welcome distraction from SnM spoilers. There seems to be a serious difficulty spike after the 6th gym, immedietely everything was outranking me by a couple of levels, and by the time I actually made it to the gym leader of the 7th gym I was outclassed by 8-10 levels. Thankfully that is a double battle with your rival as your partner and he carried me.

One thing that I notably think they did VERY right is that you don't get access to mega evolution until immedietely after 7th gym. It was retarded that you could have access to megas after the 3rd in XY
>>
The fakemon suck ass. 9 years and they couldn't come up with anything good
>>
>>27799861
Sorry you felt that way. Baariette and the starter are total bros for me, though. Crazy how they even finished it in 9 with just 2 people.
>>27799844
Yeah, 8th gym especially got me damn hard. And the Nuclear stuff that comes later, oh my god. Prepare some Dusk Balls or something if you plan to catch all the mons there.
>>
>>27797478
Rejuvenation's edge is even more entertaining, I miss those screenshot threads.
>>
Bad points:

>a massive spike in difficulty after the 6th gym

>Villucard is fucking broken unless you have a fast ground type to deal with it

>you're forced to use derpy mon for a while

>most of the cooler looking and more powerful mon don't even show up until near the end of the game

>required grinding
(this is the sign of a bad hack)

>the final challenge is a hell gauntlet that you can't even heal in between, hope your team composition and movepool is perfect

>some of the fakemon and internet references are cringeworthy

>the music doesn't loop properly

>crashes every now and then, not enough to make it unplayable, but enough to lure you into a false sense of not needing to save often

Good points:

>most of the fakemon aren't that bad

>story is decent

>region is well designed despite being in two sections
>>
>>27796514
They do 4x damage to anything without steel type, meaning shit like Hyper voice Nucleon can one shot half of the roster with choice scarf.
>>
>>27802209
4x to anything dual typed*
>>
>>27801440
I'm not him, but I don't consider Rejuvenation edgy anymore. Like, the game doesn't take itself seriously for most of the time. It tries to be edgy

That aside, it has been strangely entertaining.
>>
>>27802141
>most of the fakemon aren't that bad
Seriously?
I was going through the Pokedex earlier and most looked horrible or generic. Even the generic ones were flawed by a terrible colour palette.

Hell, the only one I actually thought was alright is ruined by the colour scheme (the giant insect evolution)

And the names, oh boy, the names.
>>
>>27802309
Oh don't get me wrong, a lot of them are absolutely cringemonsters (I'm talking to you, Titanice). But most are actually believable as real Pokémon.
>>
>gaijins tries to design pokemon

keks
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.