[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suppose Gen V truly did become the "new direction"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: gen v new direction.png (616KB, 1950x1696px) Image search: [Google]
gen v new direction.png
616KB, 1950x1696px
Suppose Gen V truly did become the "new direction" for the franchise like it was intended to be. Would /vp/ like it more than what we have now?
>>
>>27790748
Also forgot to add, these versions of ORAS have BW2's key system, but XY doesn't.
>>
nobody's weighing on in it?
>>
The game's certainly wouldn't be selling as well. Say what you will for Gen VI's pandering (I personally hated it and hate that Gen VII is carrying it on) but it got results - the 90's hipsters were playing Pokémon again.

Gen V represented something everyone says Pokémon should be but really can't be. It was entirely new Pokémon, an entirely new region, it focused on fixing outdated and broken aspects of the game such as TM's and HM's without overloading us with new features and it turned the entire generic 'beat the gyms, become champion' plot on its head.

But like every Nintendo franchise, Pokémon relies on tradition to sell. Doing something entirely new is great but people want the Pokémon brand. When they don't see anything instantly recognizable, they lose touch with the brand. If Pokémon had started off doing what Gen V did from the very beginning it may have turned out a lot differently, but as it stands Gen V was an experiment to do something different which didn't achieve the results GameFreak wanted.
>>
>>27791192
Good points. I feel that Gen V (as a whole) could have been absolutely perfect if they didn't focus on only introducing new Pokémon and giving them the spotlight. If only BW had a dex similar or identical to B2W2's current dex, and B2W2 expanded it a bit more just like Platinum did.
>>
>>27790748
That sounds worse than what we got and I liked gevn V.

Kys
>>
File: 1.jpg (29KB, 347x346px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
29KB, 347x346px
The problem with pokemon right now (and other games like smash) is that Nintendo really doesn't know what they should do; if they go for a more challenging game, with a somewhat deep story, and not cartoonish pokemon desing, They will probably lose the children/casual group. If they do the games easier and include things that pander to the kids/casual (which they are doing) they will sell like any other past title. But again the kid/casual group mostly play with smartphones/tablets so Nintendo is losing a great part of their fanbase.

The direction Nintendo has taken with Pokemon is the one that tries to pander casual people into competitive games; we know that IVs will not be a problem on S/M so casuals can form a decent team in 5-8 hours (if they are just copying from a page), giving then no excuse to not play online. They will probably do the same in smash 5 by making ranked games and giving ranks to players.

I wouldn't be too surprised if they also made the NX a home-handheld hybrid because they know that people that like pokemon in competitive would also like other nintendo-made games that are competitive AKA splatoon, smash.
>>
>>27790748
You clealy have no idea what direction Gen V was going in, nor how the games would be if they had kept going in that direction.
>>
>>27790748
Success of Emboar? GG retard
>>
>>27791706
It's in this hypothetical timeline
>>
>>27791192
This. I liked gen 5 because it was different. It had its time and it's over

SM is looking great
>>
>>27790748
>due to the success of emboar
ok, thats kinda funny

i think we'd have less gripes with difficulty but more with pokemon design
>>
>>27791506
So are you saying nintendo is trying to convert more casuals to the more hardcore side? If they can pull it off, then we should expect more hardcore games. Still same design philosophies though.
>>
Gen 5 was good because it was different and unique, we got something fresh. I wouldn't want the same shit thrown at me again like what Kalos does
>>
>>27791192
Other than alolan forms being only for gen I mons (at least, the ones we know), what else is pandering?
>>
>>27791943
Charizard is pretty much a red flag
>>
>>27791943
Alohan Zubat ----> Crobat?

We can pray, but I'm fine with it being lesser gen 1 mons
>>
>>27791881
Is easier for them to pull casuals into hardcore and increasing the hard parts of the game than actually attract the modern children into playing nintendo games because of two things:

-Every kid has a smartphone (even the shittiest one can run casual games)
-kids and teenager aren't that into games anymore (they now spend all the day on social media)
-If they actually pander to them they know very well that they will lose their grown up fan base.

And I'm not talking about grinding to get a good team but adding difficulty to the battles; better IA, trainer having tactics (like setting up stealth rocks and using yawn), etc...
>>
>>27790748
except the only games that would have actually been altered if BW are successful, are BW2, XY and Smash the latter two however not anywhere remotely close to how you described,

Go is an attempt to recapture the original pokemania through mobile games, and this wouldn't change, since the market is normies and genwunners

XY would have had more gen V megas
and a few more gen v mons accessible in game

ORAS would still have no post game

and smash would have had zoroark playable over lucario

BW2 however would have been much larger games
>>
>>27791943
That's about it really. It's nothing particularly huge, but it's noteworthy that they're only marketing Gen I Alolan forms despite the fact that kids would be equally familiar with later Pokémon too.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.