[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>all these leaks of "new pokermuns!!11" >no leaks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: regighost.png (198KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
regighost.png
198KB, 480x360px
>all these leaks of "new pokermuns!!11"
>no leaks about battles and mechanics, or if moves/Pokémon got buffs/nerfs, along with items, as well as new moves, items, abilities, and such
I care about new Pokémon as much as the next guy but come on, no one ever mentions moves.
>>
>>27788975
I hope ice gets at least one fucking more resistance. Want it to be defensively weak, fine, but its needs SOMETHING.
>>
>>27788975
GF wouldn't leak that info to hype the game up
>>
We never know about that stuff until the game data is dumped
>>
We've seen a few new moves, particularly the Z-Moves. There's no way of knowing if they've been buffed or nerfed until we see the summary screens and, to be honest, it's unlikely those will receive any focus in hype videos.

As for abilities, however, nearly every new Pokémon has some interesting new ability.
>>
>>27788975
>no one ever mentions moves
>Professor Kukui specifically researches Pokemon moves
>Yfw
>>
>>27788975

No one ever knows about that shit until the game is dumped. GF isn't going to advertise a ten-point stat change to a Gen II Pokemon on Coro Coro. New Pokemon are for the vast majority of people the most exciting and hype-building aspect.
>>
>>27788975
Does that Regice have more dots than normal? I'm at a loss of words here
>>
>>27789097
rofl it does
>>
>>27789047
Well, it was pretty obvious that moves like Surf, Flamethrower, and Blizzard got nerfs by having their BP knocked down a few numbers. You don't need to make a dump to find that out.
>>
>>27788975
"murr new pokemon" is the only thing that gets clicks
>>
>>27789005
I think ice is fine as it is. It is supposed to be the glass cannon type that hits like a truck.
>>
>>27788975
Is- Is that loss on Regice?
>>
>>27789512
So that's why there's like, only four or five good ones?
>>
>>27789005
Normal or Ground.

I hope they buff Psychic too.
>>
>>27789512
Yet they keep on making defensively oriented ice pokemon every gen, see Avalugg
>>
>>27789512
Then either drop the amount of things that resist it or increase what's weak to it

Needs more cannon to offset that glass
>>
>>27789692
Doesn't work like that. The biggest problem with Ice types is that almost every useful ice-type move can be used by 90% of Water Types. It's just easier to slap Ice Beam/Blizzard onto a water type.
>>
>>27789625
See
>>27789639
>>27789734
>>
>>27789734
I'd say give ice types an inherent freeze chance boost but Frozen is a little too strong of a status for that

What else could be done for them to give people a reason to use them over water types other than STAB?
>>
>>27789512
>glass cannon
>dies because it's so fucking slow
Don't even cherrypick.
>>
>>27789005
Leak: they will make ice resistant to rock
>>
>>27789769
Weavile, Mamoswine, Cloyster, and both Kyurems are the only viable ice types, and even then, they're all dual types.
Also, nothing good learns FreezeDry so why have it in the game? And not only that, but why does Freeze Dry not make any of the mons that learn it any good? The only "good" mon that can learn it is Mamoswine, but it has a BST of 70 SPATK, and I'm sure that a 130 ATK is better.
>>
>>27789512
Then stop creating slow ice types. They keep doing this, it's fucking insane. Enough already.
>>
Most of the people in a position to leak don't pay attention to those kinds of things. I do remember that the XY leaks mentioned Belch and Parabolic Charge, though.
>>
>>27789512

>It is supposes to be the glass cannon

It's not *supposed* to be anything. Ice ended up being bad defensively, because GameFreak. They don't care very much about type balance.

And that's ignoring the fact that most Ice types are slow and defensive.
>>
>>27789895
Not to mention EVERY Ice type has fucking Snow Cloak or some other kind of Hail ability, even though Hail is the worst weather.
>no defensive buff like Sandstorm
>only Ice types immune, unlike Sandstorm which benefits Rock, Ground and Steel
>no offensive buff like Rain Dance and Sunny Day
>only Ice types an learn Hail, forcing you to run a monotype team
Ice has many problems, but being slow and defensive with multiple weaknesses is only the tip of the iceberg.
>>
>>27789512
There are 35 ice types in Pokémon before Gen 6 will hit, and only two Pokémon that are Ice type go beyond 100 base speed. Can you read?
>>
>>27789512
No it isn't, Ice is like, one of the highest average defensive types in the game.

They WANT Ice types to be like Rock and Steel types, bulky.

Course they also haven't realized it isn't working for rock either.
>>
>>27790106
I know some water types can learn hail, but even then, you don't need monoice. Some Pokémon with certain abilities can get into hail too, like Alakazam with Magic Guard
>>
>>27790157
Right, my bad, but its still not a very good weather.
>>
>>27788975
Funny thing is, this is almost doable in ROM hacking
Not sure if Regice's face is mirrored or not in the textures
>>
>>27790125
Maybe they could not have made rock the single worst defensive type
>>
>>27789047

Abilities like Sturdy and Lightningrod being buffed was advertised in the run up to Gen 5.
>>
>>27789097
ayyyyyyyy
>>
>>27789734
They dropped Steel's ghost and dark resistances
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.