[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>that plain as fuck background >those battle circles gen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

>that plain as fuck background
>those battle circles

gen 6 is already starting to look weird after seeing so many SM screenshots...
>>
>>27787807

The worst thing are battles in rooms. Only a grey background, nothing more ,and no trainer
>>
It was a very underwhelming gen. I'm glad we're moving past it.
>>
>>27787807
I can't remember off the top of my head and can't tell from the screenshot, but are there even dynamic shadows under Pokemon in Gen 6?
>>
>>27787858
I don't really understand the hype for the trainer shit.

i never cared about how my character or the enemy trainer looked during a battle, plus it's always been like seeing the battle from the trainer's POV anyway, so seeing the trainer would have been stupid.

In fact, dare I say it takes something away from the experience.
>>
>>27788530
But I like seeing the protag, especially now when you can customize them, and seeing the Team Skull boss stooped low to the ground while his pokemon is out adds so much, and its just a boring ass Ariados so far. Ultimately, this is an exciting direction.
>>
>>27788530
>In fact, dare I say it takes something away from the experience.

I'd only agree with this if there were no customization. Seeing the same two "canon" trainers in every fight would look fucking stupid.

But since customization is in I like the idea of seeing my trainer even in battle.
>>
>see a metagross use hammer arm
>it's a fucking sprite fist
I literally am on edge to see how a lot of these moves will be improved.

Another thing I'd like to see is the idle stance of Pokémon change when they're on lower health. Imagine if Machamp wiped away sweat at its forehead at 50 percent and at low/red it started panting with its arms lowered.
>>
>>27788803
Like how Link's poses change in Twilight Princess? Sounds good.

I'm Nuzlocking on X right now and it's just.. So boring. I just want the battles to be over so I can get back to the overworld. At least there's usually more color there.
>>
>>27788803
Oh shit, I didn't know I wanted this.
>>
>>27788803
Yeah, definitely. Honestly, just more animations in general would really liven things up.

Low on health animations, perhaps something similar when theyre inflicted with a status condition. More idle animations, actually having them audible cry out in idle like in the Stadium games.

Things aren't too far off now. Now that Sun and Moon actually have really fantastic looking scenary, more use of colors, and a more filled in environment with both trainers and pokemon, those extra animations would push things a long way.
>>
>>27788803

We already saw Bewear using Hammer Arm on Pangoro in his reveal trailer. It looks kind of goofy but cool at the same time. A massive improvement on the XY animation at least.
>>
>>27788803
this has been a thing in RPGs for fucking ages, fucking hell Game Freak do it already
>>
>>27788295
yes since gen 5
>>
If they weren't that lazy they would do much more contact moves showing an proper animation. Examples where they did it well are Retaliate and Close Combat.

For example all the punching moves' animations showing just a generic fist are so underwhelming.
>>
Glad the new games look better. Very worried though. Are the frames still in the toilet now that even more strain is being put on the system? N3DS enhanced? What? Very quiet and suspect behaviour, hopefully it'll be okay.
>>
>we will one day have pokemon games that are just like the Stadium games in terms of battle visuals
>>
>>27789542
>we will one day have pokémon games that are just like the Stadium games in terms of battle visuals, and Pokken's model detail
Where do i sign up for cryofreeze
>>
>>27789422
They said they updated their graphics engine between XY and SM so we'll see.

>>27789542
As in Stadium 1/2? Coz we're well past that.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.