[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.strawpoll.me/10992180 What do you think is the s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: mega-stones.jpg (33KB, 569x322px) Image search: [Google]
mega-stones.jpg
33KB, 569x322px
http://www.strawpoll.me/10992180

What do you think is the situation with megas in SM?
>>
There's really no way to know, but I'm surprised they haven't even talked about them at all.

I doubt they'd retcon them out of existence, but I feel like we won't be seeing any new ones.
>>
They dead Jim
>>
>>27786239
Probably relegated to postgame.
>>
>>27786366
I'm 99% sure they're still in, I think we may get a few new ones but not many.

They worked too hard on those high poly models to just say fuck em, I think.
>>
>>27786239
Post game material. I wonder do if they will ever do a Mega Stone shop and they could run by an excuse like "Hy, these are some ultra rare stones that were either found and brought in by us the locals or by people from other regions. They can activate a special transformation for some special pokemon. Interested in bying some ?".
>>
>>27786476
Could be subtle, a shop at an endgame area that sells megastones and throws in a free key stone.

100,000 each and has em all.
>>
>>27786476
Being able to buy all the old ones would be good. Have the new ones hidden in the overworld/given out by NPCs instead.
>>
A few new megas postgame.
But you will have to choose to use either super moves or mega Pokémon.
Can't use both in battle.
>>
>>27786528
Well, yeah Z moves are held items.

Mega Fug can use both though.
>>
Also if they're going to add megas again, at least make a "TM Case" Key Item for mega stones.
Sick of clutter.
>>
I so no reason why they wouldn't be coming back. It was a major gameplay-centric mechanic, unlock minor shit like seasons or contests, and normies and kids (re: the majority of people who get the games) loved the shit out of it. There would also be tremendous backlash if they didn't come back, because again, normies loved that shit. The only issue is that it might steal the thunder from Z-Moves, but that's as simple as downplaying the feature, perhaps relegating it to the post-game, but there's no way Megas won't be around in some way or another.
>>
File: mega_rayquaza[1].png (180KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
mega_rayquaza[1].png
180KB, 400x480px
>>27786528
Hi.
>>
>>27786562
>>27786646
I think they meant that triggering a Mega Evolution or Z-Move prevents either from being used again.
>>
>>27786689
No thanks, Mega Fug deserves another boost faggot.
>>
I think alt forms are a consolation prize for gen 1 pokemon that don't get megas, and most megas in sun/moon will go to gen 2 pokemon.
>>
>>27786757
Mega Sunflora, it needs it desperately and it's somewhat sun based.
>>
>>27786646
It just hit me:
>Ray evolved to Mega Ray !
>Mega Ray used Dragon Dance !
>clicks Dragon Ascent
>Flying Z-Crystal activates
>Mega Ray used "however they will call this move" !

Ooooh, the it will be banned even from AG XD
>>
You could have all the previous champions give you mega stones
Blue- Blastoise
Lance- Charizard X
Steven- Metagross
Wallace-Gyarados
Cynthia-Garchomp
Alder-I don't know about that one
Iris- Aggron
Diantha- Gardevoir
>>
>>27786823
It can use any type Z move of any type move it has.

For example if it knows toxic, it can use the Poison Z-move to fuck up fairies.
>>
With each passing reveal and no megas, it's becoming more and more possible that they're scrapped. Seriously we're 3 months away from release and no megas.
>>
>>27786871
Only 2 more months until China leaks the full game and we know.
>>
>>27786862
I thought Z-Moves could only be used if a Pokemon was of that type, so Mega RayRay would just use Flying or Dragon. The rest of its moveset is irrelevant.
>>
>>27786969
No, a pokemon can use any z crystal so long as it has a move of that type on it.
>>
>>27786862
Oh I know, just using D Ascent as an example since it was the first move to come in mind. And yeah, this way tons of pokemon will get some good coverage, like Grass mons getting Fire coverage by just knowing Sunny Day or a pokemon like Vaporeon getting Ground coverage ny just knowing Sand Attack. And this just made me realise how fucked up this gen's meta will be.
>>
>>27786871
Doesn't necessarily means they're gone. New ones, maybe next gen, but the old ones will probably still be obtainable for now alongside Primals.
>>
>>27787035
Each mon can only use a Z move once, so unless you oneshot something you lose your item slot and become shit.
>>
I feel that Megas were the big draw to Gen 6, and Z Moves and Alola Forms are the draw to Gen 7. So we wont hear about new Megas until closer to launch or even when the game gets out.

They've never introduced a battle mechanic and then done away with it.
>>
>>27787357
I suppose that's true.
>>
>>27787085
Actually you can only use one Z-Move per battle
>>
>>27787987
Ah, my mistake.

Even more reason to let you use both, one strong move once is kinda shit.

A mega can sweep a whole team if used right.
>>
>>27787085
I aready knew that.
All i want to know is: what BP do these moves have ?
>>
>>27786239
We will ever get new primals??
>>
>>27788565
Mt guess is 150BP, which makes them worse than just using a life orb.

They'll need to be between 200 and 400BP to be worth sacrificing an item slot for a single one time use move and worth a shit.
>>
>>27788599
I could see primal thousand arms arceus
>>
There aren't many new Megas, but all of the starters will have one in this gen. Feel free to screencap this post but just keep it hush hush if you know what I mean, I don't want too many people talking about this.

P.S. - Ash-Greninja is present in the sense that Mega Greninja strongly resembles it, but any references to Ash's design are removed and replaced with other markings/extensions.
>>
We haven't seen anything yet, so i think it's probable that they won't be a very big part of it
but it's also improbable that they'd just cut out something that completely revolutionized the battles, and also technically made new pokes

I think it'll be post-game content only
>>
>>27786572
This. And put the z-stones or whatever the fuck they're called in it too.
>>
There's no way they'd ever retcon Megas, they're just too important. They'll probably just be introduced in the postgame.
>>
>>27786239
The majority picked the obviously correct answer.

So now I'm curious if the rest are really stupid, or just pretending to be retarded.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.