/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else think GameFreak needs to adopt a new Day/Night cycle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 3iZiBuj.png (882KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3iZiBuj.png
882KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone else think GameFreak needs to adopt a new Day/Night cycle?

For example, I'll save my game and stop playing in the morning then when I turn the game on again at 8PM it's night in-game as well. Was my character just standing around for hours? This makes little sense in the contexts of the game.

They should do something like Skyrim/Fallout where a day in-game is worth like 1 hour of real gameplay. Aside from making sense when turning the game on and off and staying at the same point in time. But also walking from town to town would feel like you spent time walking there if it turns from day to night while walking.
>>
You have autism.
>>
File: 1468786370039.jpg (54KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
1468786370039.jpg
54KB, 736x552px
>>27783031
It's going to be annoying catching pokemon that can be found during the day or during the night. Because if GF is going to adopt that idea of yours, we're going to have to wait for hours to catch a gligar.
>>
>>27783031

I prefer it as is, where the in-game time of day reflects the real-world time of day at the moment that you're playing.
>>
>>27783202
You'd rather wait 12+ hours for night then?
>>
>>27783031
It's perfectly fine your ideas are stupid.
>>
>>27783252
>>27783233
>>27783202
>your trainer saves the game in her journal and it's 7am
>turns game back on and it's suddenly 1130P< and she's still in the same spot

How do you explain that.
>>
>>27783031
>Was my character just standing around for hours?
Yes. You fucking idiot.
>>
>>27783252
>>27783349

Please don't call me "stupid" or "idiot" you look like a child namecalling and I'm neither of those things.
>>
File: image.png (274KB, 1280x709px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
274KB, 1280x709px
>>27783311
>muh immersion

Oi, fuck off. Since when has it mattered. No one needs to pander to your autistic spasms
>>
shut up you autistic dumb fuck
>>
File: useit.jpg (19KB, 275x269px) Image search: [Google]
useit.jpg
19KB, 275x269px
>>27783411

I don't think you're stupid, but I do think it's a bad idea. The time being connected to your own in the real world helps the games feel much more immersive, and allows for mechanics like Pokemon and Items only being available to find/buy/etc. at certain times of day or under certain conditions.

As for 'how does that make sense'; it's simple, really. If you want to imagine that missing time, your trainer simply ate, cleaned themselves, hung out at a shop or etc., and when you turn back on, they've returned to where they were before to keep going on, same as before.
>>
>>27783311

It's a fucking game, that's how I explain it. I don't really give a shit if my player character has been standing around. The entire world freezes when I'm not there and waits for me to start moving again. That's how the vast majority of video games work.
>>
>>27783311
I sill think is more immersive if you have to wait to the actual sunset to be able to get night evos.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.