[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished this. Wow its bad, like its bad on too many levels.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 8

File: 250px-X_JP_boxart.png (106KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-X_JP_boxart.png
106KB, 250x250px
Just finished this.

Wow its bad, like its bad on too many levels.

-0 Difficulty (cleared the entire game just with 1 pokemon and an HM slave)

-The ending makes 0 sense after you beat the kalos champ

-clearly rushed and missing assets

-post game disaster

-takes elements from other games instead of making up new scenarios (oh, a snorlax.... etc)

-where are the new pokemon? in a sense this is nice, but at the same time there's just nothing new

-The foreshadowing of getting lucario is rather odd

-Tries to be a spiritual successor to sinnoh

However it has some nice aspects like the translation adds a bit of character, the 9000 joke wasnt funny though.

Overall Imma give it a 4/10.

the furry pandering was nice
>>
>>27775480
Yeah it really sucks that they would make a game as easy as the originals again.
>>
>>27775480
>Where are the new pokemon?
What the hell are you talking about?
>>
I think they tried too hard to make us understand that it's a game focused to children. The flare team and the giant are also a joke
>>
Yeah, it's pretty shit. Thank god most people stop bothering trying to defend it.
The whiteknighting was real the first few months it was out until people finally started looking at it objectively.
>>
>>27775480
I was in shock and disbelief when I first encountered the 9k joke. I couldn't understand if it was done in a desperate attempt to connect to the hip, meme-loving youngsters of today, or if it was slipped in by a disgruntled employee who wanted to get revenge in any way possible.
>>
>>27775526
AZ? that made no sense really, but its funny looking back how hes actually the only character that looks normal, especially his battle animation.
>>
>>27775480
At least it's objectively better than gen 4 and 5 on every front.
>>
File: a lil bait.jpg (94KB, 1301x1301px) Image search: [Google]
a lil bait.jpg
94KB, 1301x1301px
>>27775569
>>
>>27775569
xy isn't even better than the ranger game
>>
>>27775480
>(cleared the entire game just with 1 pokemon and an HM slave)
As most children did with every single other game in the series.
>>
File: 1415461960125.gif (40KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1415461960125.gif
40KB, 700x700px
>spiritual successor to Sinnoh

What the fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>27775480
>takes elements from other games instead of making up new scenarios (oh, a snorlax.... etc)
>Not understanding what a throwback is.
>>
>>27775601
I still, to this day, haven't beaten that goddamn salamance...
>>
Only reason they toned it down with X/Y is so they can blow our balls off with S/M
>>
>>27775601
Well yeah, you can't be better than literal perfection.
>>
>>27775647
its not a throwback when everything in the game is from another one, apart from roller skates
>>
>>27775480
>0 difficulty (got through with 1 Pokemon)
using one Pokémon has always made the games easy. This isn't a legit complaint

also it's clearly a spiritual successor to Kanto, since it has Viridian Forest and a Snorlax blocking the way

there's seemingly no new Pokémon because it has nearly 500 mons in the regional dex
>>
>>27775693

But nearly every game has done this. It's not always Snorlax but it always happens.

Gen II had Sudowoodo, and III had Keckleon.

Pretty sure IV had a group of Psyduck's do it, but I don't remember being able to catch them.

Did Gen V have a Pokemon block the way and require you to get an item? I forget.

XY had Snorlax again. It's such a non issue.

Just like "Wah the game is HANDING ME POKEMON!" Oh no! It's like every fucking game in the series!

Criticize real shit like the mediocre AI, or the weird unfinished elements like the Rhyhorn racetrack being right there and untouchable despite hearing a lot about the feature throughout the game, or the Power Plant.

XY are a solid 6/10 once the hype of seeing Pokemon in 3D dies out. Kalos needed a third version to save it.
>>
>>27775480
The region is nothing like sinnoh, and it basically rips off Kanto in some places.

And you must be a fucking moron because everyone knows using only one pokemon makes any game a cakewalk.
>>
>>27775480
>cleared the entire game just with 1 pokemon

Literally ''That kid"
>>
>>27775622

I used to know a kid during the RB days that only used his starter. No Pokemon was as cool as Charizard so he wouldn't use them.

He would throw massive fits when other kids would beat him using full parties. OP is that kind of kid and that's disgusting.
>>
>Game panders to genwun
>Ends up shit

Who the fuck was surprised? This is part of the reason I think people are being way too optimistic about S/M. It's looking like they're going even deeper with that shit.
>>
>>27775771
oh yeah what was with the power plant doors?
>>
>>27775499
The originals were harder because of the shitty graphics of that time.
>>
>>27775771
this is literally the most fair review here

the rhyhorn racing was a huge letdown as there was an entire route devoted to having a track there, yet nothing came of it
>>
>>27775771
Crustle for gen V ?
>>
Xy was a good game for its time
>>
>>27776026
relative to every other rehash it was
>>
>>27775499
The originals were harder for a variety of reasons.
Less money floated by your general area. This meant less items you'll be getting, less Pokemon you'll be catching, and less healing you'll be doing.
A lack of a run means going back to the Pokemon Center is a chore all the way up until the bike.
The bag limit keeps you from being able to hoarde a variety of random healing items for when you need it since you need to conserve your space.
Grinding is a fucking chore. There are certain parts of the game, namely Koga/Sabrina, where you're pretty much forced to grind up about 10 levels if you aren't exclusively using your starter.
Also, battles in Gen 1 are some of the slowest in the series. Gen 2 and Gen 4 are slower, but not by that much. You don't see this complained about nearly as much since most people just play FRLG anyway.
On the plus side, a lot of the gyms and battles feel genuinely difficult at times, especially on an all 6 team. Some of the gyms had really shitty teams, though. Poison is one of the most common types in Gen 1 an Koga uses 3 Venonats and a Venomoth.
Of course, Gen 6 also had the habit of making you as overpowered as possible, which means that if you don't cripple yourself you'll breeze through regardless. ORAS too. Rutile Ruby has been the most fun I've had with a Pokemon game in years, though. I recommend it to anyone.
tl;dr Gen 1 was tedious as shit and poorly designed and Gen 6 was designed with dumb kids in mind.
>>
>using only 1 mon and an hm slave
This is the easiest way to win every main series pokemon game
>>
>>27776068
I wouldn't gen 1 was poorly designed. Kids were just less retarded back then and the games required slight thinking. Plus the games didn't hold your hand nearly as much as the games do now.
>>
>>27775480
>-0 Difficulty (cleared the entire game just with 1 pokemon and an HM slave)
you moron soloing the game makes it easier
>>
>>27775771
>Wah the game is HANDING ME POKEMON!" Oh no! It's like every fucking game in the series!
XY gave you two starters, a Snorlax, and fossils all before badge 2, a free Lucario, and allowed you to catch Bagon and Gible very early in the game. Most of the new Pokemon were very overshadowed by the powerful old ones that could be found in the same areas.
>>
>>27776128
A lot of the problems with Gen 1 are less of the game having to do with "less retarded" kids and more so were just limitations of the hardware. Frankly FRLG are pretty easy.
Of course, we all know they're making the game baby tier easy to appeal to a market rampant with f2p mobileshit. Hopefully GO being so popular means Sun/Moon won't have to rely on being easy for kids to play it, since interests got peaked again.
>>
>beat it with a single Pokemon

XY is easy peasy, but that's literally the easiest way to play any Pokemon game except maybe the Gen V ones.
>>
>>27775771
>Rhyhorn racetrack

It was a bike track. Which you get told you just missed the race, which was the dumbest shit.
>>
>>27776171
The bike track is in Cyllage. This Rhyhorn track is above Route 22.
>>
Decent bait op.

The only real issues with pokemon xy was the weak selection of fairy pokemon, the save glitch that required patching and lack of post game content.

The difficulty was roughly about the same as recent gens if you didn't abuse the exp. share and mega evolution.

If you want a well rounded gen 6 pokemon experience just get PSMD and be done with it. The game has a better story, art style, selection, way better music and arguably better gameplay (assuming you can get past the rare occasional razor wind rape).
>>
File: Shelgon.jpg (8KB, 212x230px) Image search: [Google]
Shelgon.jpg
8KB, 212x230px
>>27775480
OP's bait aside I honestly think X was the worst game in the series, not from a thecnical standpoint but it was honestly the only game it was painful for me to play through.

-Tierno, Trevor and Shauna are the spawn of Satan

-While Lysandre in theory could be a good villain all his dialogue was garbage. He just needed to be more like the other characters in the game described him: passionate and well meaning. Also maybe they could actually show the world was running out of resources and people were selfish if his whole motive was based on that?

-bad AI

-Had to juggle with the EXP share and avoid trainers in order to aboid ending up overleveled

-It might just be me but after I beat Lysandre I felt super burned out with the game and everything seemed a chore, not really a point against it but I wonder if anyone else felt this way

-SO much boring dialogue is forced on you. Your first visit to Lumiose city is almost comical, every ten steps or so someone wants to talk to you

-The whole pokeflute thing

-Hours of gameplay between the first and the second gym and almost nothing in between the oethers except the 8th

-The story is handled horribly. I honestly think it could have been fine if the dialogue wasn't written by monkeys

-Your rival is the fucking worst

-LOOK AT THIS LUCARIO, DO YOU LIKE THIS LUCARIO, HAVE A LUCARIO.

-It's too easy
>m-muh kid's game
-it's too easy even for a kid's game.

-Bravest Bird

-over 9000

The game did some things well too

-Some of the random trainers have some pretty interesting dialogue

-Hex maniacs have never been this creepy

-Some of the best looking gyms, not best designed in terms of puzzles but cool to look at

-Wulfric and Sycamore are cool

-Exploring Lumiose City is actually pretty fun when you don't get dialogue shoved down your throat
>>
>>27776146
piqued, actually. I know peaked makes sense but its the wrong word
>>
>>27776241
>Wulfric is cool
Not even. He was pathetic, candice remains the best ice gym leader.
>>
>>27776243
I didn't know that. Thanks, anon. 3.5 GPA here I come. ;_;
>>
>>27776273
Soloing Wulfric with Heavy Slam Snorlax was fun.
>>
>>27775480

I have never played X/Y or ORAS, and am mad that I will have to in order to get certain Pokemon. Unfortunately Z was canned.
>>
>>27776131
technically nuzlocked it too...
>>
>>27776145

No.

Snorlax is not handed to you it is just a scripted event. You don't have to capture it.

You are handed three starters, Lapras, a fossil, Eevee, and Lucario. And that's less gift Pokemon that some games in the series.

It exists in every game.
>>
>>27776273
He was cool as a character, just not as a gym leader. I liked him.
>>
>>27776302
Steamrolling the games are easy. Just do it with an Azumarill or something else equally overpowered and get it over with. Dress up your character cute, it's the best part of the game.
>>
>all these people claiming it's because he had a single mon
even with a full team, no expshare or megas the game is still braindead easy

also zero postgame
>>
>>27775524
This. I guess he could find them considering he used one pokemon
>>
>>27776283

I raised the Torch like 60 levels in under two hours. Grinding was a lot of fun in XY.
>>
>>27775480

What about the guy in the first "Pokemon Center" in that town literally 5 seconds walk from your house who says

"Ho, traveller. Have you enough potions?"

Fucking top notch shit Gamefreak.
>>
>>27776360
marginally better than that one kid in diamond who was like IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY GYM BADGES PEOPLE WILL THINK YOU'RE A COMPLETE NOOB

in general, pokemon dialog has been getting worse and worse. i actually miss all those retards standing around in kanto ready to say some inane shit about their personal life, or feed you two lines of wiki knowledge about the land/a pokemon. at least their flavor text was concise and they stated it as fact, instead of giving you a bunch of rhetorical questions.
>>
>>27776344
I'm playing through it right now no exp share no amie boosting. Lvl 22 at amberette town. The trainers are all level 18-20. Its really fun a little challenging.
>>
>>27775480
>Do you want to leave a tip?
Do you want to leave a tip?
>Do you want to leave a tip?
Do you want to leave a tip?
>>
>>27776412
>IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY GYM BADGES PEOPLE WILL THINK YOU'RE A COMPLETE NOOB
he wasnt wrong though, at least diamond was long and the mountain was somewhat stupid(ly fun).

also yeah the dialogue is odd on XY, so robotic and bare-bones.
>>
>>27776437
"no''

The amount of french tourist scams in this game is odd
>>
>>27776437
They want the American audience
>>
>>27776454
Diamond and Pearl was the most comfy region. I miss the underground, I would buy a D/P remake just for the underground and the soundtrack alone
>>
>>27775532
It's still one of the best looking games. Probably the easiest too, but I had fun when I purposely used shitmons and no exp share. I also used like 4 normal types and 2 fighting types so that was probably why. But yeah, you shouldn't have to try so hard to make it challenging for yourself.
>>
>>27775601
I regret selling my copy of that game.
>>
>>27775771
>But nearly every game has done this.
Pray tell which other generation had
>Viridian Forest 2.0
>Saffron City Gym 2.0
>no unique legend trio and relied on the winged mirages
>mewtwo in a cave on top of that
It's fucking saturated with throwback it wasnt even funny. And I've been playing since RBY
>>
>>27775671
>>27775820
>>27775985
>>27776147
>>27776360
Learn a new word for fuck's sake
>>
>>27775480
>0 Difficulty (cleared the entire game just with 1 pokemon and an HM slave)
So you blasted through with one overlevelled Pokemon and complain that the game is easy... Also, the game is about catching them all and using them all, so you didn't play the game at all.

I'm not even reading the rest of you post because you didn't play the game. 0/10, you're a fag.
>>
>>27778124
literally get off my dick
>>
>>27778075
no shit, its one of the newest, so of course it will have the best graphics
>>
>>27778209
Gen 5 was a step down from gen 4 though, and it was a pretty big step up.
>>
>>27776241
>-It might just be me but after I beat Lysandre I felt super burned out with the game and everything seemed a chore, not really a point against it but I wonder if anyone else felt this way
Depends, what happens past that point?
I beat the game twice and I can't remember the main story for shit. Is it the part with Psychic and Ice gyms? That shit was the worst. On first playthrough I actually dropped the game for some time around that point, on second I dropped it multiple times because I just couldn't care about it. Both times finished the playthrough only for the sake of finishing it.
>>
>cleared the entire game just with 1 pokemon and an HM slave)

You realize using 1 Pokemon is the easiest way to beat the game right? Because it'll be overleveled as fuck.
>>
>>27778340
get xy, beat liss, win game beat az

>>27778446
nuzzzzzlock
>>
>>27778340
If I remember correctly: Psychic Gym>First LysandreFight>First team flare base>Battle against fat Team Flare Scientist>Second Lysandre fight>Second Team Flare base with legendary pokemon>Third lysandre fight with Mega Gyarados>Ice Gym>League

To be more specific I start getting bored after the first Lysandre fight,after that It just feels like the game keeps throwing trainers at you and there isn't a single one that stands out until the league. It all feels very repetitive. It's probably because all the other pokemon games had something to break the monothony at that point in the game but in XY it's just fight after fight.
>>
>>27779121
The almost consecutive Lysandre fights were fucking annoying
>>
File: samurott 1.png (102KB, 256x265px) Image search: [Google]
samurott 1.png
102KB, 256x265px
>>27776026
coming right after bw2, pt, hg/ss? heck no.
>>
>>27781806
Heck yes. If there was a z version that altered somethings people will suck gen 6 dick.
>>
File: 1465872404608.jpg (2MB, 5000x4510px) Image search: [Google]
1465872404608.jpg
2MB, 5000x4510px
>>27781834
>If

See here's the thing. there is no if. There is no Z game to fix everything.

Gen 6 is done and 7 is around the corner. Accept that XY is essentially a hollowed husk with unfulfilled ambitions and ideas.
>>
>>27781878
Just wait like ten years.
>>
>>27775480
>clearly rushed and missing assets
where?
>>
>>27781890
not that anon but the locked doors in lumiose badlands come to mind.
>>
>>27775480
>cleared the entire game just with 1 pokemon
> 0 Difficulty
Solo runs aren't hard at all, what the fuck were you expecting?
>>
>>27776241

>-LOOK AT THIS LUCARIO, DO YOU LIKE THIS LUCARIO, HAVE A LUCARIO.

You left out the best part.

HEY YOU HAVE A MEGA STONE! LET'S LET YOUR FIRST EVER MEGA EVOLUTION BE LUCARIO! LET'S HAVE YOUR MEGA LUCARIO BATTLE MY MEGA LUCARIO!
>>
>>27775480

The games are easy but this is the easiest way of going through any of the games retard.
>>
>>27781988
It's kinda funny they just removed the exp system to stop you from over leveling your starter
>>
>>27782047
Korina should've been at least 6th or 7th gym. You get mega evilution way too early in the game. Also never understood how when you meet sycamore he goes on about how mega evolution is mysterious and unknown, when he tells you about called the "mega evolution guru".
>>
>>27782047
Don't forget
WE ARE DOING THIS BATTLE ON THE TOP OF THE LUCARIO TOWER THAT HAS THE GIANT LUCARIO STATUE
>>
>>27782142
Almost forgot about the statue...and the fact it was the first pokemon to mega evolve. I hope 7 don't pander to lucario.
>>
>>27782261
>I hope 7 don't pander to lucario
Don't worry, they'll pander to greninja.
>>
Heard this on a different post
X and y was a beta test for ORAS
>>
>>27783190
I pretty sure they were refering to SM

>>27782261
>nobody knows about mega evolution
>literal giant statue 2 towns down with a mega Pokemon with someone titled mega guru

JUST
>>
>>27783215
They really put no effort in XY story and it shows
>>
>>27781890

Rhyhorn Racing was hyped up in game a lot and was even mentioned in prerelease stuff as a thing that existed even if they didn't show it off.

There is also the bike racing.
>>
what furry stuff?
>>
>>27775622
When I was a kid I tried to make every pokemon I caught the same level, once I had about 50 different pokemon the grinding started to feel ridiculous.
>>
>>27775480
I thought it was ok.

A shame all the routes were so straightforward, and lumiose is a fucking disaster to move through, but I personally felt the variety of pokemon accessible at any given time was good, the 3D made it all new and exciting again.

I like it better than ORAS at least
>>
>>27782078
If you have to set an artificial difficulty for the game then it isn't a hard game.
>>
>>27783719

It isn't artificial. The game is meant to be played with a full party of six.

It's still easy but what Pokemon game isn't easy?
>>
>>27783748
A game is suppose to be challenging regardless of how the player decides to play it, play any other well designed game to see what I mean.

Try Pokemon Yellow, overleveling your Pikachu to try and 1v6 isn't going to bode well for you.
>>
>>27783777

I have. Multiple times. It was the only way I played it as a kid. It's pretty fucking easy.

Pokemon has never been a hard game. At least not in the main game. And even then just the frontier is hard. XY was piss easy but so we're the past games.
>>
This entire thread, xD. Kids, you do realize no one knows how new you are until you try to fit in, right? It's fucking embarrassing, If I was any of you I would commit suicide before shooting up your Highschool.
>>
>>27776068
I literally replayed Blue like 2 weeks ago and the game lasted me about 3 hours, Blastoise +2 HM slaves melted the game. I even fucked up and forgot to heal before lance and still took him down easily. I went and got all the legendaries and that took me at most another hour, most of it spent on Articuno.

Gen 1 is shorter and easier than Gen 6, fact.
>>
>>27776068
>The originals were harder for a variety of reasons.
You're kidding right?
The AI was so braindead they couldn't touch you and the mechanics were so broken that you could inadvertently break the game without trying.

Also grinding is a non issue because you can be a good 20 levels behind any NPC because of that special stat. Anything with over 80 in it absolutely demolishes the game and you pick up a Magikarp you can evolve before the second gym into a pokemon with one of the highest special stats in the game.

It's absolutely amazing when people try to lie about the difficulty of Gen 1.
>>
>>27783953
Why is so hard for you people to understand that overlevelling the starter will make any pokemon game easy, so it's not a good indicator of the difficulty of the game?
>>
literally the only bad thing about XY is the difficulty
>>
>>27784024
Yeah you have a point. But gen 1 is the only gen where you can win with a vastly underlevelled pokemon.
>>
>>27783958

Put time into your Butterfree and the game is essentially the easiest game in the world. Confusion will murder your way through the game.
>>
>>27784024
It's because its the measure OP used.

For reference, I was still lower level than the E4 mons at this point. A single Blastoise ~3 levels underleveled is enough to crush the E4 casually. Speedruns beat the E4 with a Blastoise ~8 levels under the E4.

Gen 1 is not hard.
>>
>>27775601
Pokemon Dash is a better game than X and Y.
>>
>>27775524
The new Pokemon are extremely rare. Most are only found on one route, with a small percentage.
>>
>>27784529
Man, Gen 4 must be extremely shit in that case.
>>
>le xy is bad meme xd
Why is /vp/ the only place where XY is despised?Just google Pokemon XY review and see it for yourselves
>>
>>27784662

It's a 6 maybe 7 out of 10. That means it's trash on 4chan.
>>
>Gen 1
Easy as shit, but it had its annoying things.
Like the faster enemy consistently using Wrap every turn, or sand attack making all your moves miss.

The hardest part were these fucking warp tiles in Silph Co.
>>
>>27776328
Not to mention, you don't have to actually use them. The only one I felt obligated to use was the second starter. Did people use literally every gift or overworld encounter pokemon in every other game? Why is it suddenly a fucking issue?
>>
>>27784725
annoying =/= hard
>>
>>27784773
There's a difference between having to use them, and being forced to being offered one. If in a speed run, the runner still has to go through the prompt it's not optional. Not to mention the level difference when you get them. That's why it's bullshit to compare Lapras's/fossils/extra starters in gen 1/6. A lucario isn't equal to getting a hitmon, you have to battle an opposite gym, where one you have to for progressing the game
>>
>>27784843
So what? Because it takes a few extra seconds it's an issue? Ignorign that that clearly wasn't and isn't the actual point fo the complaint by 90% of the people who make it (wth the actual point being that it's "handholding" or "easy mode" because the game gives you Pokemon like you have to use them even thouggh nobody used every single Pokemon like that in other game anyway, with the big differecne being msot of them are actually good here), who gives a shit about speedrunning? Just fuck off already and find real shit to complain about, of which there is plenty in this game. You couldn't even find a good way to word the complaint without it sounding absolutely fucking stupid
>and being forced to being offered one.
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 680x680px
>>27775480
I love how hard you faggots try to be contrarian, this was by far the best Pokemon game in recent memory.
I don't have to go into detail because I know deep down you know it too, but you have to force your gay ass to dislike it.
>>
>>27784725
>The hardest part were these fucking warp tiles in Silph Co.
Tedium =/= difficulty
>>
>>27784843
>If in a speed run, the runner still has to go through the prompt it's not optional.
Stopped reading here.
A speed runner is forced to do everything optimally including glitches and what not.

Also if you can glitch past it then it's optional.
>>
>>27778105
>Viridian Forest 2.0
R/S/E

>Safron City 2.0
You mean Celadon'a department store? Every generation has its own city like that

>Mewtwo in a cave
Every generation has a legendary in a cave
>>
>>27785013

He said gym and GF reuses puzzles in these games a lot.

Is Tate & Liza's gym ripping off Giovanni's?
>>
I've not played pokemon since Platinum (tried white on emulating, but I found it really boring). Should I go into X/Y or straight into OR/AS? I was thinking about OR/AS but do they explain about mega evolutions?
>>
File: image.png (228KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
228KB, 394x370px
>>27785013
>>Viridian Forest 2.0
>R/S/E
>>
>>27785135
Just go with ORAS. It's the definitive Gen 6 game, which isn't saying much.
>>
>>27785013
Are you stupid?
Santalune Forest uses the same layout of Viridian Forest
Valerie's Gym uses a similar layout and the same gimmick of Sabrina's Gym
The cave is only one room with no puzzle or exploration
>>
>>27785013
>R/S/E
Different layout completely.

>You mean Celadon'a department store? Every generation has its own city like that
He's referring to the gym anon. Cutting off that part doesn't change the face that valerie's gym is essentially a 3D version of Sabrina's with a dollhouse aesthetic.

>Every generation has a legendary in a cave
Yes but in a cave that has the exact same name as the one he first appeared in?
>>
>>27785212
So I won't miss anything worthwhile from x/y? Is ORAS shit as well then?
>>
>>27785378
>So I won't miss anything worthwhile from x/y?
Nah, only the story and even then ORAS goes into more detail when it comes to Mega Evolution.

>Is ORAS shit as well then?
Nah, it's a regular game in terms of quality. Nothing exceptional but not bad.
>>
>>27784039
>Trevor
>Tierno
>Shauna
That's three bad things, not a one of which is difficulty.
>>
>>27785013
>taking out key terms to think he can circumvent the objective complaints about Kalos
kalos apologists are the worst
>>
>>27785378
>Is ORAS shit as well then?
No, just as long as you don't go in expecting it to be as good as Emerald or HGSS.
>>
>>27784039
>horrible story
>so much fucking dialogue is forced on the player
>LUCARIO
>Annoying characters
>You can almost smell the cut content
>>
>>27775480
>Tries to be a spiritual successor to sinnoh
??????????????????????????
>>
>>27775480
I've done that with every Pokémon game.
>>
>>27775480

MacFucking Quilava yourself
>>
>>27775480
>Cleared the entire game with just 1 Pokemon
You mean like every Pokemon game?
>>
>>27787420
Actually in Gen 5 they discouraged it with the new exp system. X and Y wasn't having any of that
>>
>>27784122
3 levles below the elite 4 is way overleveled even with only one pokemon. If you even ko one pokemon you can run away from you are overleveled.
>>
>>27776068
gen 1 isn't difficult it's just a pain in the ass to play
>>
>>27776068
The originals were "harder" because of harware limitations (limited amount of items in bag, awful PC system...) and the franchise being at its beginning which meant some newer ideas werent present yet (very small movesets, XP bar not seen [which made levelling your pokemon seem longer], no running option, having to go through menu to use HMs...etc).

This is unplanned/unwanted difficulty and shouldnt be praised
>>
>>27776241
The first time I played X I had lots of fun, until I reached Shalour.

I think getting Megas that early, coupled with the fact that the game is a huge downhill from the third badge onward is a huge factor.
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.