[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did it ever occur to any of you that just maybe some leaker found

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (82KB, 535x392px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 535x392px
Did it ever occur to any of you that just maybe some leaker found out about the trial captains but instead of leaking them he (or she) decided to draw the leaked starter evolutions, thought of adding one of the trial captains, and leak their drawing before the trial captains were officially revealed just to stir up things?
>>
Yes.
>>
Did it ever occur to you that the chinese leak, which have so far, gotten NOTHING wrong and has gotten multiple things right, specifically cited the starters as an archer, wrestler, and siren which back up these images immensely?
>>
File: mime.jpg (318KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
mime.jpg
318KB, 900x900px
"Oh look it's this thread again"
>>
>>27773071
I thought that but these were around for a while before Mallow was revealed.

God I fucking hope it's fake though. They even got her cooking down
>>
>>27773071
Denialfags are just to much.
>>
>>27773163
They were posted here June 4th if I remember correctly.
>>
File: v9Z2VKq.jpg (89KB, 640x368px) Image search: [Google]
v9Z2VKq.jpg
89KB, 640x368px
>>27773071
Did it ever occur to you that you have no evidence backing up your claim? Are you implying that because it's a "possibility," it should be fact?

Alright then, you made a positive claim bucko. Please provide some evidence proving that "some leaker found out about the trial captains but instead of leaking them he (or she) decided to draw the leaked starter evolutions, thought of adding one of the trial captains, and leak their drawing before the trial captains were officially revealed just to stir up things?"
>>
Denialfags still live
>>
>>27773225
Don't post on 4chan when you act like your on a period it isn't a good image for you even if no one knows you. It was just a thought that popped in my head that's all or in other words a possibility not fact. You are the one making it seem as though I am trying to make it as though it is fact. It was something that had me thinking and I wanted to see other people's opinions. Nothing more.
>>
>>27773071

No, because that's impossible.
>>
Anyone who honestly thinks the probability of someone

1. Being able to leak information from the game
2. Having the artistic ability to FAKE the starters

is anything other than under 1% is fucking kidding themselves.

You may hate the concepts, or think the art isn't perfect, but if you honestly think this is not professional work, you're retarded. I've been arguing for two straight months that these were real based solely on the level of professionalism. There is ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE that someone who was lucky enough to be able to leak the captains are also talented enough to fake these.
>>
Sometimes I think about what it would feel like to stick my finger in my butt, then allllllllll the way down my urethra.
>>
>>27773071
If a convoluted , overly convenient and entirely improbable explanation that makes zero sense in any context other than trying to support a conclusion you came to before having any actual evidence is preferable to common sense and overwhelming likelihood, then yeah I guess that's a valid theory.
Protip: No, it's not.
>>
>>27773456
I never knew Onision was into Pokemon or 4chan for that matter.
>>
>>27773071

>doubting chinks
>ever

Chinese are relentless. This is their first offical Pokemon release, obviously they're gonna just completely open the valves cuase they have no morals.
>>
>>27773446
Talk to that one guy who made that Alolan Alakazam.
>>
File: 1470814924971981.png (55KB, 1302x890px) Image search: [Google]
1470814924971981.png
55KB, 1302x890px
>>27773071
>>
I honestly feel bad for people like OP who are clinging to their denial so much..
I learned my lesson from Wottergate
>>
>>27773563
Not even close.

>take Alakazam
>change colors
>add nunchaku

For the three starters, the artist had to

1. Come up with three starter designs
2. Give them distinct personalities
3. Use design motifs and poses to get across these (very strong) personalities
4. Draw all three designs, multiple times in multiple poses, in order to execute these motifs and personalities in a way that captivated people and made them 'get it' (people knew that Litten was supposed to be a heel within minutes, and not actually Fire/Fighting)
5. Draw all of these drawings in such a way that no one could obviously point them out as flawed
6. Add in Mallow (a bit character the artist would have probably only seen in passing, and not had in front of him to draw) in ONLY ONE of these three designs (making the other two seem like a lot of wasted effort)
7. Do all of this with the hope that the leaks would be popular on a mandalorian crochet sushi fishing board so when Mallow was revealed TWO MONTHS later, people would go insane

All of this for what? The lulzzz?

I've been saying this since June. These are too professional. The concepts are way too highly-realized. I'm not saying the art is perfect, I'm saying the concepts are too strong and get across in the drawings too well for someone whose goal would be, "Lol, I'll troll /vp/!"
>>
>>27773071
I'm guessing you prefer Rapelio and friends?
>>
>>27773547
This. Don't underestimate those people. I couldn't even read their emotions that well cause of how erratic they act in real life. They're not animated too with their expression and all.

Truly the most evilest beings.
>>
I honestly find it absurd anyone would eve n entertain this. People couldn't believe that someone got in there and got these in the first place. Now there's possibly people who think that not only did someone get in there and leak a design, but it was a someone who was able to draw or get someone to draw these fakes around a tiny little black and white drawing of the design they did manage to take. Yeah, okay. It's technically "possible" but highly "improbable".
>>
>>27773547
>>27773686
They hate Liu Shan because he was more or less a guy that said 'wait, fighting is kind of retarded, why not just get along'. Keep in mind that the ancient chinese were extremely barbaric, going into straight up cannibalism. These guys do not give a FUCK about leaking the most-awaited thing in the dex at the drop of a hat.
>>
>>27773141
Alolan ninetales was wrong
>>
>>27773765
Alolan Ninetales wasn't in the Chinese leak.

The only thing the Chinese leak actually got wrong was that the Z-stones or whatever would change Pokemon's appearances. That said, we haven't seen a final stage use one yet, so we don't know if that may happen.
>>
>>27773765
Nice try, but that's another leak.
>>
File: Chinese Pokemon.png (425KB, 1000x806px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese Pokemon.png
425KB, 1000x806px
>>27773765
Do you idiots that keep spreading misinfo even know what the Chinese leak says?
>>
File: synchroposes.png (2MB, 1671x1653px) Image search: [Google]
synchroposes.png
2MB, 1671x1653px
>>27773765
not the chinese leak.

It's getting annoying seeing people think every piece of info came from the chinese leak.

>>27773779
>The only thing the Chinese leak actually got wrong was that the Z-stones or whatever would change Pokemon's appearances

They'll reveal this part of the gimmick soon. What we saw isn't all there is to it.
>>
>>27773819
Oh yeah, I don't doubt it. I guarantee that the starters, Rockruff, and other select Pokemon's final evolutions will have appearance changes.
>>
>>27773750
Yes, Chinese were a mistake. I do love my other SEA friends.
>>
>>27773819
I was looking for this image when some spazz was breathing down my neck about the Chinese leak being fake because of the transformation part.
>>
I will be okay with the evolutions only and ONLY if Popplio has a split Male/Female evolution.
>>
>>27773997
Male Popplio will have an anus like male Torchics
>>
>>27773648
This. And nobody but GF would think to make the owl turn into a robin-hood type figure, with vines from its leaf hood not only act as drawstrings, but also have the ability to combine with its bent elbow and arrow feathers to turn into a bow.

Every owl fakemon was just "it just gets bigger and has branches now look guys!!!"
>>
>>27773765
Like I've said multiple times...
Wrong leak nigga
>>
>>27774045
Yes. There is absolutely no way a random mongoloid whose goal was to trick the internet or beef up his DeviantArt would be able to come up with these fully-realized concepts.

These are concepts by committee. A team of professionals have collaborated to create this after several reworked and discarded concepts.
>>
I don't know if anybody else noticed but that abused Pikachu reminds me of the Sandcastle Pokemon. I wonder if that is going to become a trend for revealing new Pokemon.
>>
>>27774075
B-but... the fingers are fat... sausage fingers...
>>
>>27774045
>>27774075
Some people with common sense
>>
I don't give a flying fuck

Tiger Mask is the best thing I have ever seen

>Asian Mist

>Belt Flames

>Fucking Chair
>>
>>27774108
I didn't say they were aesthetically perfect or even that well-drawn (though they obviously are well-drawn and fit into Gamefreak's style).

I said they were fully-realized, professional video game designer concepts.
>>
>>27774045
>>27774075
Add in the fact that the Chinese have a very well-known beef with the Japanese, and it falls into place. This is too perfect to be any kind of coincidence, given that there would now have to be a Chinaman designer on the team for the new Chinese language to properly test and review everything in the game for Chinese release. Concept art is practically at their disposal. They had one shot, and they took the one that made the most waves. The starters.
>>
>>27774075
And I wake up every day, great the sun, brush my teeth and say a little prayer to myself hoping these leaks that we've gotten are some of those discarded concepts. Just anything to make Litten not this god awful.

>Inb4 those concepts are too fleshed out to not be the final concepts.
>>
>>27774162
>inb4 those concepts are too fleshed out to not be the final concepts

But they probably are. They were leaked relatively recently and late into production (SM have likely been in development since ORAS went gold).

The anime is well into production already and these are likely the anime reference sheets for the starters.

I'm sorry you're upset. You can just box these guys for Yungoos.
>>
>>27774162
Trust me, as soon as you see him in motion, you will fall in love.
>>
I wish they would have leaked Rockruff2 with these guys...
>>
>>27774045
Or a griffin. No seriously, A LOT of concept evos I've seen made by fans end with Rowlet turn into a griffin. While I really like the idea of an owl griffin, i just don't see it being made as a starter, maybe a Pseudo legend, but not a starter.
Or a raptor, no seriously, there are fan evolutions where Rowlet ended up as a raptor. I'm sorry, but what ? I get it, birds are descendants of dinosaurs, but really ? We already have Sceptile and it fit better for a fossil mon.
>>
>denialfags STILL exist
Are you still crossing your fingers that Nintendo will come out and admit Greninja was fake the whole time?
>>
>>27774162
You might say that these reference sheets may have been scrapped, rejected, or revised. However, Mallow, Ash, and Pikachu all make appearances on those sheets. I wager these sheets are meant to help animators for the show, which means the show is already in production and these starters have been finalized.
>>
>>27774162
I just don't know how people could hate this litten evo. It just oozes so much personality. Yeah it will look better in motion but even without seeing an actual model moving you can just see his actions and mood in the art. Yes there have been a lot of humanoid fire starters but none of them had that kind of personality, they've all been kind of just neutral looking like most Pokemon.
>>
File: busterbaxterreflectsonhislife.jpg (19KB, 307x355px) Image search: [Google]
busterbaxterreflectsonhislife.jpg
19KB, 307x355px
I know differing opinions and all that, but it astounds me how much some people hate the final evos. I think they're top-notch even if it's the umpteenth bipedal fire type and popplio looks like one gender.
>>
>>27774287
I honestly think this stuff is just game concept art and they used art of ash because maybe the person drawing it likes Ash or something, or the player characters hadn't been designed yet (it makes sense to me they'd come later than Pokemon designs, I'd think most human characters come later) and they jsut used Ash as a stand in. The style just hugely resembles the concept art I've seen for characters from XY.
>>
>>27774309
this is exacly how I think about them
>>
>>27774284
Samurott screams fake ffs you gullible anon, why would a cute otter evolve into a fucking sengoki era samurai?

Fucking retarded
>>
>>27774191
I don't mean to sound like a know-it-all but I know a lot of people who work in the animation industry, so I have some grounding in this.

Characters go through many, many versions as a team tries to perfect them, and sometimes that concept art can look finished and is then scrapped in the end.
And just because these designs were "leaked" late in production, that says nothing about when they were actually drawn. Who knows if they're new or not.
All I'm suggesting is that there is a possibility that what we've gotten leaked is not the final design. Nothing is for certain until we get the official word on them, so it's important to remember the difference between likelihood and certainty.

I don't let me personal dislike for popmaid and luchakitten get in the way of that. I recognize that these leaks have a high possibility of being real. I'm honestly more excited to see what we get in the end than I am upset about these designs though.

>>27774219
Highly doubtful. Nothing about his design appeals to my personal tastes. I'd probably pick Popmaid and box it, just to make my rival have Robinroot. That way when I battle my rival I never have to look at Luchakitten hahaha
>>
>>27774322
I dunno, it might be an all-purpose sheet in general. For both game and anime animators, it'd be very important to have these Pokemon represent the personality they were imbued with. The fact that Mallow is there means Ash will likely have her as the anime female travel companion, which does make a lot of sense.
>>
>>27774370
>I'd probably pick Popmaid and box it, just to make my rival have Robinroot. That way when I battle my rival i never have to look at Luchakitten

While I think all the starters are amazing, I think this is pretty genius
>>
>>27774370
This. It is called storyboarding. An initial stage of animation or even any kinds of projects.
>>
>>27774294
Oh I don't disagree with that. It does have a lot of personality. It is (hurts to say this) a fun, well-designed character.

However for my personal tastes, it's extremely ugly, and it's body doesn't feel very much like a pokemon to me. It's nothing something you expect a 4 legged cat to evolve into. (Not saying that has stopped pokemon designs before. Lookin at you, Emboar.)
I usually don't like any of the fire starters though, so it's coo. Typhlosion will aways be ma boi.
>>
>>27774309
Pokemon with props like these evos are never super popular and a drastic change in the personality of a design can cause people to flip in their opinion. Just look at pokemon like Farfetch'd, Gurrdurr, samurott and the sort>>27774309
>>
>>27774370
>>27774407
These are very good points. Nothing's really concrete, but the designs say 'wrestler', 'siren', and 'archer'. But the thing is, it could look like anything. I'm not sure what, but these are all we have to goon, so its a fairly safe bet they will look similar to these, or exactly like these. It can be a coinflip, or we could legit be seeing the real thing.
>>
>>27774125
>asian mist
What I'm most excited for. I was a huge Tajiri mark as a kid and loved that shit.
>>
>>27774450
I guess I could understand that maybe a fun and sort of "goofy", light hearted design might not appeal to everyone. I just feel like most people built up an image of what they wanted in their head and of course that wasn't what it was gonna be. I'm honestly surprised that D.I. fake that was with Pinnister whose name I forgot actually nailed the hood motif, just with an assassin theme instead of an archer, just because of all the places and ideas people could go (or wouldn't go as the case was with most fan designs for the evolutions).
>>
>>27774475
Feels good to not be called a faggot on 4chan for a change.
>>
>>27774509
Shut up, faggot.
>>
File: MGSV.png (103KB, 588x290px) Image search: [Google]
MGSV.png
103KB, 588x290px
>>27774509
I took a class on this exact thing in college. You really did bring up a good point, I'm surprised I didn't think of it sooner when we all got to discussing. I will say people are jumping the gun with art already. I mean damn, how many pictures do we have of the cat and siren now? 12? People need to relax a little and wait.
>>
>>27774506
Yeah, I think they may have gotten the idea from Rowlett's pokedex entry on pokemon.com though. Because it talks about it being like an assassin. Something about it being fast and silent in the night by throwing it's feathers like throwing knives.
I honestly didn't have an idea of what I wanted for Litten, but I would have liked a 4-legged tiger. All I know is that when I saw Luchakitten I was like "welp, this is wottergate all over again for me."
>>
anon who has a degree in art and works in gaming industry here.

these concepts are undeniably real. anyone who compares to that fucking alolan alakazam fake is retarded
>>
>>27774617
i believe you since im pretty sure nobody would get on the internet and tell lies
>>
Did it ever occur to any of you that perhaps OP might be a faggot?
>>
What if it's Fire/Poison because it spits oil and poison is still kind of a "bad guy" type?
>>
File: blaeos.jpg (7KB, 236x149px) Image search: [Google]
blaeos.jpg
7KB, 236x149px
>>27774553
Yeah. And we all know how much designs can change from before the final concept.
>>
>>27774633
What would he seek to gain from lying about his career? To make his argument more credible? It's already past the point where these leaks are real, no reason to do that
>>
>>27774710
One sketch doesn't equate to multiple polished poses and notes pointing specific traits and personality quirks.

These images even point out the colors used for fuck's sake. The designs in the game are going to be VERY minimally changed if they even are changed at all.
>>
>>27774633
believe what you want but all of the points i'd ever make have already been made by >>27773446
>>27773648 especially
>>
>>27773225
Christ dude its an idea and a talking point. He's not saying it as a fact. Chill out
>>
>>27774784
and it's a dumb idea
>>
>>27774162

Knowing the majority of Gen 7 Pokemon, the 3D Model will redeem Tiger Mask
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 500x281px
>>27773071
Yes but that's much less likely than "this is real." It also makes you sound like a huge denialfag.

We're approaching Ridleyfag levels of denial with this shit and I should know because I WAS a Ridleyfag until the bitter end of Bayonetta's reveal.
>>
>>27774843
I just need to know if it actually hits shit with a table. I just have to know.
>>
>>27774746
Okay Anon. Believe whatever you want. I know for a fact that these kinds of drawings would only take about a day's worth of work for an artist, if that.
And all I'm saying is this: If you consider how long this game has been in production, there's a possibility that the leaks are not images of the final product.
It's childish to believe these are without a doubt what we'll be getting in the game just because a few things lined up.
I hear so many people on here whine that they know a leak is real, but a feeling you have in your gut isn't the same thing as the truth. Skepticism will serve you a lot better in life than your gut. ;D
>>
>>27774653
That "poison" is a reference to certain mists that exist in Japanese wrestling. It's a heel tactic where they'll spit out a colored mist and blind their opponent, and possibly have some other kind of effect. So I guess that's possible, but it's still very much based on an "evil" attack.
>>
>>27774784
Any possible idea will get shut down without evidence and you'll have the word "denialfag" thrown at your face.
>>
Is the Aristotle statue part of the Chinese leaks?
>>
>>27773648

Honestly

I'm just upset somebody leaked it as early as June

Like seriously what the fucks your problem
>>
>>27774884
It's a retarded idea, as highlighted in this thread. That explanation would be extremely convoluted.
>>
>>27774889
No, but it's part of another person leaking "hints" about stuff in advance that has been correct so far
>>
>>27774874
That much work isn't worth it for non final designs. I have NEVER seen early concept art with this many detailed references. And they have no reason to draw Ash there if it's not reference art for the anime.

Skepticism is one thing. Being a retarded denialfag is another.
>>
I just want Poppmaid to have male hair damn it
>>
>>27774947
And you'll never see the majority of early concept art for games, movies, or anything because that stuff is kept locked away, or in most cases, it's trashed.
If you're not an artist, sometimes it's easy to ignore just how many hours go into drawing a character over and over, making different iterations of it. Most pokemon probably get drawn 10-20 times in their conception.
A "Denialfag" would imply that there is hard concrete evidence that I was denying.
But no matter how much 4chan likes to blow this leak out of proportion, there isn't enough evidence to say that they are 100% real.

So I say this, there is a high likelihood that the leaks are real.
There is no certainty on it.
Hard concept to wrap your head around, I understand.

Anyway, I'm out of here.
>>
>>27774370
Except GF is likely gonna put in a character who has the starter you're strong against (think Shauna).

You cannot escape it
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.