[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vp/ I am playing pokemon yellow and i shall go with the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: 1469894169103.gif (2MB, 193x240px) Image search: [Google]
1469894169103.gif
2MB, 193x240px
Hey /vp/
I am playing pokemon yellow and i shall go with the classic team (Pikachu, the starters, Lapras and Snorlax) but grinding is utterly hard.

Any tip?

>inb4 git gud
>>
>>27770514
Missingno. yourself some candies
>>
>>27770514
>classic team
Are you retarded? Use this.
Alakazam
Starmie
Snorlax
Jolteon
Gengar
Chansey
And if you can't get the traded evolutions, fuck off.
>>
>>27770584
You're pretty rude
>>
>>27770514
>Any tip?
You're playing against brain damaged NPCs you fag.
>>
>>27770692
>you're pretty rude
Welcome to 4chan faggot. Either get in or get out.
>>
Anyone else think Gen 1 is considerably harder than any other?
>>
>>27770779
Yes, but only because of its mechanics.
>>
>>27770514
tip is to free all those garbage pokemon, restart your game, and pick up a nidoran 10 minutes in

get it double kick, beat brock, pick up the moonstone in mt moon and give it to your nidorino and then beat the game in like 4 hours

there you go op you dont need any other mons you just saved yourself a few days
>>
This has to be bait
>>
Also played yellow from VC

I was gonna do that team, but I got pissed at Pikachu for being a weak cunt that wouldn't evolve and boxed it for Jolteon. Also boxed Blastoise for Starmie. And instead of Lapras I got a Dragonite because pokedex completion.

You don't need to grind nigga, just facing trainers is enough for the entire game. Make sure to keep some trainers available here and there if you want to use the Ditto glitch to complete your dex.

For the pokemon league grind in Victory Road.
>>
>>27770779
It was so primitive and glitchy.....but rewarding...
>>
>>27770779

I can't say I ever found any pokemon hard, not even as an idiot kid.
>>
>>27770779
Playing yellow on vc as well, just beat Brock earlier. I find myself running back to Pokémon centers constantly after trainer battles since potions are too damn expensive that early on (I'm trying to hoard poke balls for the mew glitch on nugget bridge, never used it before). Also great story of battling Brock.
>team is Mankey (lv11, M.Brown), NidoranM (lv7, Elvis), Pikachu (lv10, Puka) and NidoranF (lv2, Beyonce)
>2shot geodude with low kick, M.Brown takes some damage and levels up
>get Onix to under half hp, M.Brown gets wrecked by wrap
>Send out Elvis
>Onix uses bind, I tackle, Onix down to above red hp
>tackle again, bit of red left, I'll move before it does next round so tackle again to finish it
>fucking misses
>Elvis goes down from Bide
>Puka can't do shit, only attacking move is Tshock
>oh well go Beyonce
>Onix uses wrap, misses
>tackle, takes down a sliver
>"fuck I'm gonna lose my money"
>Onix tries wrap again...misses
>tackle again, another sliver
>Onix keeps missing, I keep tackling
>finally goes down
>Beyonce shoots to lv7
Well, I guess I'm using Nidoqueen for the first time, and I was about to box her because fuck leveling from level 2.
>>
dont grind, you can beat the elite four with a team of 40s
>>
>>27771265
Fuck greentext line 5 should say Bide not Bind
>>
>>27770514

>Grinding is utterly hard

Catch a Mankey or a male Nidoran. Level them until they learn a fighting move. Use them to beat Brock. Ditch them and solo with Pikachu until you start picking up the starters. Your levels by the time you can get a Snorlax will be more than sufficient.
>>
>>27771265
damn man just get double kick on the male nidoran and spam it until you beat brock and his crony
>>
>>27771265
also unless you're trying to get the full anime experience release that pikachu you can just teach the nidoking thunderbolt

pikachu is basically awful against everything
>>
>>27771460
Can't play yellow without having Pikachu following me, call me autistic it just doesn't feel right.

Probably because when I had it on the GBC one of my friends from school told me that if I trade him my Pikachu and let him evolve it and trade it back then I would get a Raichu that followed me. I have always fucking loved the Pikachu line and was super happy seeing the little guy follow me and being able to talk to it, and Raichu is kick ass, so I did it and was devastated when I saw it not following me. Like I'm pretty sure I cried for 2 days over it. I named my Raichu "I'M SORRY", traded it to my Blue version, started a new file and named my Pikachu "DONT EVOLVE" and had him as my highest leveled member of my team.

I get easily attached to stupid stuff.
>>
>>27771705
are you me?
>>
>>27771265
There's a difference between difficult and tedious
>>
Digletts cave is the best for early game for Flying, Grass, Water leveling.

The two best ways for pikachu to level are the fishing rods, or after you get surf go to seafoam since everything in there is weak to electric.

Pokemon Tower has the spot where you can heal which makes it a good area.

The pokemon mansion on average has better exp yields than victory road. The Muk there I believe give out more exp than any wild pokemon you could battle sans Snorlax, bird trio, Mewtwo, and Rhydon.
>>
File: 1463670489742.gif (1MB, 225x199px) Image search: [Google]
1463670489742.gif
1MB, 225x199px
>>27772585
In the realm of feels, we could be brothers.

I wanted to get yellow when it came out but have been strapped for cash for awhile. I ended up finding an unused $10 eshop card while going through my dresser, saw I had some change in my eshop account and immediately downloaded it. Been smiling all day from playing it and reliving all the old memories. Nothing even bothers me about it being old or having messed up mechanics, it feels like I just played it yesterday. I'm having a blast.

>mfw the opening scebe starts and I hear that music for the first time in 15ish years
>>
>>27770584

>Playthroughs need to be OU
>>
>>27770779

I've done a monotyped bug run of every game, but while gen 1 was the second hardest, you could easily abuse sleep like hell, or abuse other mechanics.

(gen 3 was easily the hardest though)
>>
>>27770774
Sure can't wait for summer to end
>>
>people actually use pikachu in yellow

How's that working out for you? Does everything kill you in one hit?
>>
>>27774503
> Does everything kill you in one hit?
Raichu's Mega kick was instakill for me.
>>
>having troubles
Dude, I'm using Ash's semi original six from Kanto:
Pikachu
Butterfree
Pidgeot
Squirtle
Bulbasaur
Charizard

Sure, my pokemon may be lvl 35-40 and I'm already at Blaine but shit, I have to do it.
>>
>>27770514
The first time I did this I beat Blue with Pokemon 20 levels under.
The team is pretty OP.
Beat every trainer, you don't even need to grind.

Except for when you beat Brock with Pikachu. Use Tail Whip a shit ton.
>>
File: 1471057112141.gif (2MB, 480x360px)
1471057112141.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>27770692
>>
>>27774826
>anime run
>at Blaine
>hasn't released the butterfree yet
let it go man it wants a mate
>>
>>27775406
No way, that guy helps with poison and flying types.
>implying pink butterfree exist in the game world anyways
>>
>>27775437
I meant fighting, whoops.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.